Start by marking “Break the Day (Midnight Breed, #16)” as Want to Read:
Break the Day (Midnight Breed, #16)

Break the Day

(Midnight Breed #16)

After a shocking betrayal nearly killed him and the people he cares about the most, what Breed warrior Rafe wants more than anything is revenge against the insidious brotherhood called Opus Nostrum. But to achieve that goal, he must turn his back on the Order and infiltrate a dangerous gang with ties to Opus. Risking everything to redeem himself and carry out his ...more
Audiobook
Published November 5th 2019 by Tantor Audio (first published July 27th 2019)

Start your review of Break the Day (Midnight Breed, #16)
Kat Valentine
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another utterly fabulous read ,I always get so excited when a new book comes out from the amazingly talented writer!!! I love visiting the world of these otherworldly vampires!!! And Rafe and Devony's book was all I could have hoped for!!! After what happened to rafe in Claimed in Shadows by that conniving bitch Iona ,rafe felt not only betrayed but also responsible for those who died at the peace talks.So when he goes undercover to get closer to finding the heads of Opus Nostrum he crosses ...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

I can’t believe that BREAK THE DAY is already the sixteenth book in the Midnight Breed series. Lara Adrian pens another fun and exciting story for readers with Rafe and Devony.

Now with so many books already out in a series, often a series can get a little bit old or repetitive. However, I found that with this series, and this book in particular, Lara Adrian is capable of bringing forth stories that are fun and engaging without being too repetitive. Take Rafe’s situation for example. As a
Stacie
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 "Undercover" Stars!

Scholar inArmor
AFTER READING:

This is how you write a fucking book!

Rafe & Devony were so exciting to read about. Their relationship simple yet dynamic, sincere without too much drama. Both main characters had a behavior that was understandable, both of them had trust issues.

One of the main reasons I love Lara Adrian is her habit of planning ahead. When asked about her 2nd Arc of the series she said that there will be 8 books. One book was with Zael & Brynne and the main reason for this book was to
AJ
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!

You would think that after 15 books in this series, plus a whole heap of novellas, that it may be running out of steam. But nope! Book #16 in the Midnight Breed series, and this book is just as exciting and unexpected as its predecessors, with a beautifully passionate and emotional love story. I loved it, and was hooked from start to finish!

I am loving this second story arc featuring the children of the original couples of the series, and this time, it’s Rafe’s turn. Rafe Malebranche
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
Rafe and Devony were brilliant! I loved Devony’s feisty attitude and her sharp mind. She had a lot of grief and angst to work through and Rafe was in the right place at the right time to fill that need.

Even though he looked like a rough and tough warrior, Rafe’s innate goodness still peeked through, showing a very humane side. His duty to the Order versus his feelings for Devony highlighted his indecisiveness, while driving the point home just how torn he was between his past and future.

These
I was so excited when I found out this was Rafe's book. I love his parents (Tess and Dante from book 2 in the series, Kiss of Crimson) and I've liked what we've seen of his character in the last few books so I was curious to meet the woman who would steal his heart. Rafe is still reeling from the betrayal he suffered in the previous book and it's made him more determined than ever to help the Order bring down the Opus Nostrum terrorist group. So much that he's agreed to go undercover and he's ...more
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
Oh Boy I really enjoyed Break the Day. This is Rafe's story he is the son of Tess and Dante from bk2 Kiss of Crismson Midnight Breed series.

Rafe is on a mission to get back his good name. After almost causing the death of all the people he love when he was betrayed by the women he love He is also, undercover! He is determined to bring down Opus Norstrum Opus Norstum is trying to take power of the world. Rafe meets Devony/Brinks when is infiltraing a gang believed to have ties to Opus Norstrum.
Sanna
4.5 // Arc through Bookfunnel

I've read this series since the very beginning over a decade ago; it's a favourite among all my favourite series. While I love it, it might not be to your taste if your taste differs from mine. If you don't like action, romance, vampires, paranormal, this is not for you. If you like those things, you might like it, but as said, our tastes might differ. This is written in my own words in point of view of my own experience of this title and series it's a part of.

This
Miladylc
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series-i-enjoy
I Loved Break the Day

I Loved this book a number of lol spots through out the book
even one from Chase .
I also like books that have a HEA ending as this one did
I recommend it to every one who enjoys books about
vampires or Breed vampires
Alys Baldwin
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic addition to the Breed series. I love Rafe, always have. He’s been so important in other books that him finally getting his own is great. Devony is the perfect mate for him. She is such a strong woman. I just love this series it gets better and better with every book.
Rinou
I thought Rafe needs too much time understanding nothing about what happened in Montreal was his fault, he keeps wallowing in self hate even when everyone around him tells him he's not to blame.
Devony is really interesting, she's on a crusade to avenge her family and for someone who was always put aside by her parents she's really strong and resourceful.
On the other side the plot with Opus Nostrum doesn't really progress.
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
After feeling as though he let his team and the Order down when he brought a spy and killer into their home, Rafe thinks the only way to make amends is to take a mission that puts him deep undercover. Only his parents and a few higher-ups know that he really hasn’t parted ways with the Order. While it hurts to lie to his friends and teammates, he uses his cover to get in with a local gang with potential ties to the terrorist group, Opus Nostrum.

Devony’s entire family was killed in the Opus
Mikail Alband
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Break the Day” is a must read! Book 16 of Adrian’s famed Midnight Breed series is an action
packed read! After what felt like a long wait after Aric's book, this one was definitely worth it! I loved this storyline and the characters!

Daywalker Devony Winters is a strong heroine with a vengeance of her own against Opus Norstrum. Same as Breed Rafe Malabranche who recently had been wronged by the organization. They both meet with a common goal of taking down the organization and work together to
Karja26
Brigitte
This series is just sensational. The next generation of the Breed Warriors is a credit to their parents.

Rafe is feeling guilty about the disaster that occurred in the previous book. He now wants retribution and to achieve that, he risks his reputation.

Devony too, wants retribution for her losses. She will go to any length to get to those responsible for her pain.

After turning his back on the Order, Rafe infiltrates a gang which hopefully will lead him to the Opus Nostrum. He meets Devony who
Lori Keibler McCarthy
Fantastic Continuation Of Dark Great Longstanding Series.

I've waited a long time for Rafe's story, I remember reading Tess and Dante's story in paperback form a long time ago as one of the beginning books in this wonderful long running series. For newbies to this series(spoiler) their his parents. Rafe's story really began in the prior book when he was tricked by an Opus operative. This deception changed him, and not for the better. He became bitter and single minded in his need for revenge and
Joy Niemeier
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was nonstop packed with heat, action, and surprises. Lara Adrian again delivers an amazing breed story expanding further into the new generation of Breed Warriors especially against their enemy Opus Nostrum. In this book we uncover Dante's son Rafe, and the aftermath from Aric's book and watch him finally start to recover and go after his goal of figuring out who is behind Opus Nostrum. We also meet Devony, another daylighter who's family was well respected and involved with JUSTIS. We ...more
Teresa
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another brilliant, engaging story in this ongoing series. I must confess when I started it I had forgotten what Rafe had gone through in the previous book. Didn't take long for the memories to surface and this definitely isn't a standalone. You really need to start at the beginning to understand the relationships and how this world works.

This story arc has been going now for quite a few books and I really like that the story is unfolding at a good steady pace. I like that each story really
Denise
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Breed warrior Rafe Malebranche (son of Dante and Tess) seeks revenge and retribution against the enemy known as Opus Nostrum after a betrayal nearly cost him those he cares most about. He goes deep under cover to infiltrate a gang with ties to Opus and seemingly turning his back on his best friends. Determined, powerful and willing to do what it takes to bring Opus down, Rafe is a consummate and worthy hero.

Beautiful, strong and determined, Devony Winters, a daywalker passing as a human, has
Selina Durio
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rafe finally got his own story! Rafe felt responsible for the almost deaths of the Order in Montreal and is doing everything he can to take down the Opus Nostrum. During that quest he meets Brinks. As they both work undercover to infiltrate any group with ties to Opus, they become close. While this book answers a few questions left by other installments, it also poses others. Everything isn’t always as it seems.
Tracie R
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let me start with Wow!! What an engaging, fabulous read. Rafe is such a great character and Devony was definitely a woman who could stand toe to toe with a breed. Break the Day is a well delivered, well written story continuing the Breeds mission to bring down the Opus and I can wait to get my hands on more. If you haven’t read this series you are seriously missing out on an amazing collection of books.
Kristy Odom
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing! I love these Breed novels! From the night Rafe and Devony met it was a rollercoaster ride of emotions. I loved how fast he fell for her. She was take no prisoners trying to figure out what her father had left behind. I never saw the twist coming. Never thought it would be so close. I absolutely love this series!
Khrista Baxter
Love undercover

Break the Day is simply amazing!! The story is very consuming you won't want to put it down.
Rafe goes undercover in Break the Day, he has a score to settle with Opus Norstrum. The mole they planted did a number on him that almost got people he loved killed, it's personal now. Going undercover with a gang in Boston isn't going to be easy with his friends and fellow order members in the same area. At first everything was on schedule, the last thing Rafe expected was Brinks. A
Margaret
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book had me hooked from the first page. I love the Midnight Breed series and Devony and Rafe's book is another great story. There is action and romance, betrayal and redemption and the fight to save the world continues, the Order won't stop until Opus Nostrum is defeated. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Selenity Jade (Coffee Addicts Book Reviews)
This was a fun, sexy vampire romance that I was thoroughly entertained by. I do have to admit to not loving this series as much as I loved the original start of the series. After the kids started getting their mates, I just wasn't as into it. That said, it's still a fun read. Just not as awesome as the first story arc.
Ann
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
4,5 stars for this fabulous book!

As a huge fan of the Midnight Breed series I couldn’t wait to get started as soon as the ARC arrived on my Kindle.

Lara Adrian just never disappoints, just never ever. I love how she writes about the next generation, how every story fits so perfectly in the storyline and yet you can read it as a stand alone. Reading Break the Day felt like homecoming...like seeing members of the family who you haven’t seen for a while.

Break the Day is about Rafe (Xander) son of
Lindsay Mcneal
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rafe’s book is finally here and it was worth the wait. If you haven’t read any of the other Breed book, I would recommend you read Claimed in Shadows before this. Just to get a little back story on what happened to Rafe at the hands of an Opus member. However, it is not necessary, unless you want more details about when happened to him. I absolutely loved this book. I have been waiting ever since Rafe’s mother saw a vision of his future in Mira’s eyes.

Rafe carries a lot of guilt about what
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
I have been reading this series for going on 10 years now and I still love each and every book like its the beginning. Every single one has been a five star read for me. In fact, since it's been so many years since I first started, I think its time to go back to book 1 and start from the beginning.
Richard Myers
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book

This book introduces a new character to the Order. This character is a day walker with some extra abilities to their credit. A very well written story and plot line.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Blood Truth (Black Dagger Legacy, #4)
  • Reaper (Demonica Underworld, #9; Demonica, #19)
  • Beware the Darkness (Guardians Of Eternity, #14)
  • Dark Alpha's Redemption (Reaper, #8)
  • Death of Darkness  (Immortal Guardians, #9)
  • Where Winter Finds You (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18)
  • Fever (Dark Kings #16)
  • Cipher (Demonica Underworld, #8; Demonica, #18)
  • Immortal Born (Argeneau #30)
  • Demon Unleashed (Stealth Guardians #7)
  • Dark Illusion (Dark #29)
  • Frost and Flame (Gods of War, #2)
  • Alpha's Promise (Dark Protectors #10)
  • Three To Get Ready: Bayou Heat (Pantera Security League Book 3)
  • Darkness Returns (Guardians Of Eternity, #13)
  • Avenged by an Angel (Eternal Mates Paranormal Romance Series Book 16)
  • Leopard's Wrath (Leopard People #11)
  • Tessa (The Mate #2)
LARA ADRIAN is a New York Times and #1 internationally best-selling author with nearly 4 million books in print and digital worldwide and translations licensed to more than 20 countries. Her books have been named among Amazon’s Top Ten Romances of the Year, and have also been nominated by readers multiple times as finalists for the Goodreads Choice Award for Best Romance of the Year. Reviewers ...more

Midnight Breed (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed,  #1)
  • Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2)
  • Midnight Awakening (Midnight Breed, #3)
  • Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4)
  • Veil of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #5)
  • Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #6)
  • Shades of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #7)
  • Taken by Midnight (Midnight Breed, #8)
  • Deeper Than Midnight (Midnight Breed, #9)
  • Darker After Midnight (Midnight Breed, #10)
“Ah, fuck,” he uttered raggedly against her lips.
“This wasn’t supposed to happen. You weren’t supposed to happen, Devony.”
She hadn’t been prepared for him, either.”
1 likes
“You’re not alone anymore,” he uttered, his deep voice raw with tenderness…and desire.
“Make me believe it, Rafe.”
1 likes