Start by marking “Never Got Over You” as Want to Read:
Never Got Over You

Never Got Over You

Author's note: Never Got Over You was pulled from publication so that the ebook version will match the audiobook version. The updated version of this novel--with expanded scenes, will return soon.

Nine and a half years ago, you married a man who wasn't me. He wasn't even half of me...

Published October 24th 2019 by WGW Books, LLC

Start your review of Never Got Over You
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
This was just bad.
Incredibly rushed.
Zero relationship building.
The characters all felt like cliched caricatures.
And the hero wasn’t like-able on any level - not even as an alpha hole.
Didn’t feel like Whitney G at all.
Corina
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was a disappointment, short and simple.

To begin with NGOY did not feel like a Whitney G novel. Her signature wit and overall sexy storytelling was missing. I actually felt like I was missing half of the story, and the overall execution left a lot to be desired.

Some of the story made no sense at all. Including James/Sean. Neither his characterization nor how he acted felt logical to me. And he was one of the worst alpha/hole/jerks ever. NO charisma. NO personality.

The office romance part was
Carol
Yippee!!!........I have missed you.....Whitney!!!
Looking forward to this!!!.....but also a little scared.....this has been the year of great disappointment for me from almost all of my favorite authors.
*****************************
10/26/2019
2 stars.
OMG!!!!
What is happening here, yet another crash and burn!!
See the source image
There were flashes of the Whitney G that I truly adore but this was honestly a bit of a trainwreck.
It started out a little outrageous and OTT but definitely enjoyable.....but then....
The
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
2 STARS

So...I....what? I don't even know hot to feel right now.

It physically hurt me to rate a Whitney G book this low. Like I actually cringed when I had to select the start on this one. I didn't want to do it. I've been looking forward to this book for what feels like forever. I've been salivating over the blurb since the second I read it.

Unfortunately the reality of the story simply didn't live up to what I've come to expect from Whitney. I was hoping this would be a full length, but coming
Lien
Part I: Review

4.5 Stars

If you're looking for a review that will help you decide whether you want to read this book or not, this isn't it.

This is my official disclaimer that I'm a lot biased when it comes to Whitney G's books. There are few books of hers that I haven't given 4 or more stars because they just WORK for me, even her novellas and I hate novellas.
I don't know what it is, but Whitney G. is probably my unicorn author. She has a way with words that make me mindlessly enjoy things I
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

photo 97E5A1F4-CDC8-4E75-AEF5-43FF9809C5E3_zpsfmu0teep.jpg

Sean Holmes aka James Garrett is a billionaire living in Seattle who is the CEO of Pier Autumn Coffee. He’s gorgeous, cocky, and a bit jaded, and doesn’t get along great with the other employees at his company. Especially when they are in the process of hiring an all new executive team, and this includes a woman he thought he’d never see again. Kate Kennedy aka Kate Kensington married someone else nine and a half years ago, and broke his heart. She’d ruined
Nova  Brantley
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Ok Whitney. Don’t let us down now. Cause you know we love ya and get all excited but then nothing. Like I’m still waiting on that bonus scene from Rachel and Ethan

It’s October 24 and nothing so far. But of course it’s amazon fault.

I waited too long for this book and that’s what we got. This was so not worth the wait. I feel duped, and that ending what the hell was that. Like why not him going after her.
Nina
Oct 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
Anne OK
Oct 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
A middle of the road rushed and frustrating reading experience. After seeing the gorgeous cover, the book blurb and all the excitement and hype, I had hoped for so much more.

Instead, the lead characters were lacking in any spark and development (although they were both described as beautiful and gorgeous physically). Kate, and James/Sean were both immature -- even after ten years apart in their early thirties. Here you'll find a classic case of a communication crisis. This couple needed a whole
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
3.5-4 'James' Number Lists' Stars!
ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

A second chance romance from Whitney G.? Of course, I am here and oh-so-ready for it! Never Got Over You was another sexy, entertaining and angsty novel that I quite enjoyed. I loved the chemistry between James and Kate, the back and forth from the past to the present, the sexual tension and the emotional moments between this couple too.

I loved seeing how these two, who have pined for each other
Nova
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Whitney G is awesome at writing books with a fun edge but oh so steamy and thoroughly entertaining. I did enjoy this book but I didn’t live it as I had as the other ones I have read.

This is a second chance romance with a heroine that is controlled by her parents and a hero that is the perfect alphahole that you expect when reading one of Whitney’s books.

Kate does pretty much anything she can to keep her parents happy even to the point that they control her love life, married to a man she never
AC Book Blog
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Holy angst and swoonnn. I have missed your words. Only took me a few hours to devour this beautiful story. Cute, sexy, second chance. Now I can’t get a bunch of numbers out of my head I really enjoy that this story is easy and lighthearted. ...more
Michelle
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: oct-2019
2 Stars!
I was so excited for this book! But then I read it. lol
I’m seriously sad that not even my favorite authors hold my attention any more. This book was not good. I kept reading and thinking it’s going to get better and it never did. I didn’t like Kate at all. You’re 20 years old and all you’re worried about is your inheritance?? Get a job! James/Sean whatever his name is was just as bad.
(view spoiler)
I felt
Elanur
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Carvanz
I love a great alpha hole and James/Sean was perfect! He was so self-indulged, obnoxious and over the top I couldn’t help but laugh each time he blandly, casually fired another, or forty executives. His past left him a bit of an iron man when it came to emotions, until Kate walked back into his life.

description

Kate once lived a life filled with every luxury and a career as a professional cellist. But behind closed doors her life was anything but perfect, despite the smile she wore for the public. Meeting
JewelsyGoolsy
Oct 30, 2019 rated it liked it
It was hard to rate this one. It was so entertaining, that I continued turning the pages until finish, no matter how late it got. But on the other hand, I wasn’t satisfied with the H’s reasoning, actions or grovelling. Hell, the conflict resolution and supposed HEA at the end was unsatisfying! I can’t provide more concise dissections on the unsatisfying elements of this story, but I can say that even if the author rushes through a story, she can still write so entertainingly. AND on the plus ...more
Rohina
Oct 03, 2019 marked it as to-read
OMG! THE BLURB! THE BLURB!!!!!!!

I am a HUGE sucker for blurbs since those are really what pulls me in and this is one has me SCREAMING!

_______________________________________

Nine and a half years ago, you married a man who wasn’t me. He wasn’t even half of me…

Nine and a half hours ago, you walked through the doors of my billion-dollar boardroom for a job interview.

Although every person at the table fell for your charm and applauded, I didn’t dare. I couldn’t help but notice your bare ring
Phuong ✯
Let me explain this book in numbers. Just for the reason that I'm better with numbers than with words.

50, 4 , 1, 9.5, 94 and 3.5

I basically read everything Whitney G. writes. Even though second-chance is not my favourite trope, I knew I would read whatever Whitney would write. The first fifty percent of this book were great. I loved Kate and James. Lol James Garrett is probably the pettiest guy I've ever read about. It was as entertaining as it was irritating. Entertaining cause James/Sean
Jemima jamir aka Sentranced Jem
I have read a couple of Whiteny G.'s books...
I have enjoyed said books.
This did not feel at all like I was reading Whitney G. book.

if you have to force yourself to finish a book, you know you don't like it one bit.
I think what felt off for me was that I felt the charm that I am normally use to when it comes to her book was missing.
MJ
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019-books, arc
Sadly this comeback from Whitney G fell short in so many ways. I really liked the two main characters in James/Sean and Kate. The boy seemingly from the wrong side of the tracks with the rich girl had all kinds of potential. The way they simply fit together, I was sure that glimpse into their past would've ended well. But as we are now 9 1/2 years in the future, Kate is down on her luck and James is now Sean and is a ruthless moneymaker. And they are not together as fate decides to put them back ...more
Cristal
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
I liked the characters, their chemistry, and genuinely enjoyed the first half to an extent. But the plot was ridiculous and incomplete. Like, what? All that drama about trust and loyalty and the story ends with that hole unfilled. Who edited this?
İlkim
This story should have been longer. Really. It started good, it was predictable ok but I wanted to read it more. I constantly remember Andrew (reasonable doubt) while I'm reading one of her stories -Andrew is my fav character from her - I think I got Andrew vibe from this book and wanted more. I've been giving max 3 stars to her books for a long time...
phoebess
Nov 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews
I was missing that "hello, is it me you were looking for" vibe I usually get from the Whitney G.'s book.
Not that the story was boring per se, it just left many things unsaid and unresolved (at least from my perspective).
Snow
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, what can i say, I'm a sucker for Whitney G's books...

Yes, they are all somewhat similar - it's a well known equation and a tested recipe for a pent up banter, intensified bickering leading towards a blast, in either this or that way...

it makes no difference to me, cause well, I'm a sucker for exactly that kind of equation.

And even though, this story wasn't exactly the absolute winner, it's still Whitney, for me...and I enjoyed the story *wink*
Aaly
Oct 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc
I was definitely over them... I started really excited about it and only a few chapters made me feel like I wanted both characters to find love with someone else.
I continued reading with some lack of enthusiasm, wanting to know how they would lead me, and a few chapters later, I did skip to the last ones but it was already too late.
The angst was here trust me, the hero was just... despicable and it would have been a challenge to finally like him. I was hoping to. He sounded like a broken record,
Timitra
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rated 3.5 Stars

Never Got Over You is an awesome read. It's funny, angsty, sexy and has the signature cocky, asshole hero that you shouldn't love but do. I enjoyed this story except for the miscommunication trope which has never really worked for me especially when it's drawn out. That said it's a cute, second chance story with an enemies to lovers vibe.

Copy provided by author
Bookphenomena (Micky)

I know what I’m getting into when I read a Whitney G book and the reality is I get a steamy story with an arrogant hero and usually a strong woman. I am content in this knowledge and it usually suits my mood when I’ve chosen to read.

NEVER GOT OVER YOU was a second chance romance (a trope I love) with hurt brimming over in both directions. Told mostly in the present and occasionally with a flashback, the story of Kate and James/Sean was slightly different to my expectations in some ways.
Jo
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
i don’t like it. it’s is twist of your mind. both character are certified.

the man, if he was so in love with her, then he need to tell the truth, not lies then received his money form his late father.

the lady, if she was so in love with him, she can do better to keep the relationship works. she is talent, she can work, but she didn’t, just wait for her money come when she is 21.

she used to be good to write something interesting, but this book, just get me sick.

i can’t find anything i feel i
cam
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not gonna lie, I was SO excited about this book (because second chance romances are my thing), so the prologue and the first chapters were good; the flashbacks about how they fell in love, a sweet and passionate romance, the rich girl and the boy from the wrong side of the tracks trope, etc.

But... towards the middle and in the end this crashed quickly. It was angst just because (I say this as a person who loves angsty books) and they literally never spoke clearly about what happened between them
Carissa
Oct 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
So I had a few problems with this book. I think it had a lot to do with the way how the story was presented. A lot of past chapters, etc. I couldn't get into the couple or the storyline. It just wasn't for me. I do look forward to read more by Whitney in the future.

I received this book at my request and have voluntarily left this unbiased review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

• Dirty Letters
  • Park Avenue Player
  • His Royal Highness
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Outmatched
  • Iron Crowne
  • The Royal Rogue (Nordic Royals #4)
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men Duet, #2)
  • The Italian
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • Hold on to Hope
  • The Billionaire's Forbidden Little Sister
  • Enemies
  • Hate the Game (Love Games #1)
Whitney G. is a New York Times & USA Today bestselling author. Her books have been published in twelve languages.

Whenever she's not penning a new novel, you can find her blogging about self-publishing at The Indie Tea, drinking hot coffee, or traveling the world in sweater boots.

You can connect with Whitney on Instagram and Facebook.
Instagram: @whitneyg.author