Start by marking “Hope is Born: A Mosaic Christmas Anthology” as Want to Read:

Hope is Born: A Mosaic Christmas Anthology

Nine stories. Nine pasts to overcome. Nine futures hang in the balance.
Christmas is supposed to be the happiest time of the year, but what happens when the past threatens to destroy the peace and joy of the season?

Mountain Top Christmas - Stacy Monson
Like Wool - Eleanor Bertin
Ever Greening - Deb Elkink
A Beautiful Christ-Mess - Brenda S. Anderson
The Christmas Sweater -
Kindle Edition
Published December 4th 2019 (first published December 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Hope is Born, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hope is Born

Start your review of Hope is Born: A Mosaic Christmas Anthology
Ebos Aifuobhokhan
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There is a story here for everyone if not all.
Mountaintop Christmas by Stacy Monson

Disclaimer
This story will have you in streams of happy tears. So get a box of Kleenex ready.

This story did my heart sweet. Stacy brings us again into the lives of Daws and Kayla. Dealing with fears with trust in God. Having courage despite the obstacles and stepping out in faith in the most beautiful season of the year, Christmas.

Like Wool by Eleanor Bertin
Awwwww Eleanor took my breath away with this story.
Kav
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A lovely collection of hope-filled stories set during the Christmas season. There's lots of variety in this collection -- from word length to writing style and content -- but all deliver an uplifting message that joy and peace can be found no matter the circumstances.

Mountaintop Christmas by Stacy Monson -- Reads like a super charged epilogue to the author's When Mountains Sing featuring Dawson and Mikayla. Though I haven't read that novel, I loved this story anyway. Mind you -- if you are
Linda Palmer
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great Christmas anthology. Probably one of the best Christmas story collections I’ve read! The stories spoke to the real human condition year round, as well as at Christmas. People are broken and they need hope. These stories bring that hope!
Julia
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Beautiful Christ-Mess by Brenda Anderson is a delightful Christian contemporary tale and features in Hope Is Born: A Mosaic Christmas Anthology. The story follows on from A Beautiful Mess.
God is at the heart of the story. He is our good, good Father who is waiting for each and every one of us to hear and respond to His voice. “It had taken years, but [he] had at last seen God’s light and run to it.” God is a patient God. Running to Him is the best decision we will ever make.
Prayer is
Connie Saunders
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are so many reasons that I love this book!

Reason 1: Hope is Born is perfect for this busy season! It is an anthology with nine different authors each contributing a short story. Reading time is often hard to grab during Christmas!
Reason 2: The stories have realistic characters who are facing situations that we all understand. Loneliness, health issues, hopelessness, unplanned pregnancies, or losing a baby are not fictional occurences!
Reason 3: Hope is Born is all about hope and shouldn't
Sherry Deatrick
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hope is Born is a unique anthology containing short stories that center around hope and yearning for peace and harmony. Most Christian fiction Christmas collections are centered around romance and the holiday season. This one is totally different. It has nine stories, all very diverse and all differing lengths. There are some with romance and some with none. Some stories were more to my liking than others. I love the Mosaic collection of books. This one is a great, unique addition in which one ...more
Carolyn Bryant
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nine authors with different writing styles come together in this easy-to-read collection of faith-based Christmas stories. In these short stories, you will meet a variety of down-to-earth, believable characters who are fighting spiritual battles or being challenged by painful pasts, loneliness, or uncertainty. These stories chronicle events that lead them toward finding restored faith and the hope of Christmas. I enjoyed this anthology but was disappointed in the use of a few words that I deem ...more
Margaret Lawton
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a very wonderful collection of short stories. I loved some of them and others made me stop and ponder. All of them was a beautiful reminder of where the real lasting Hope is to be found. I think that anyone will find at least one of these short stories to be one that will reach their heart. Of course I had my favorites, but I enjoyed them all. I received a complimentary copy of this book but have chosen to freely leave an honest review of my own thoughts and opinions.
Judy Crewdson
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved each story! They made me cry think and hope again. The first and the last story were my favorites! Beautifully written! A joy to read!
Michelle
Hope is Born: A Mosaic Christmas Anthology is the fifth book in The Mosaic Collection. There are nine authors participating in this anthology.

Mountaintop Christmas (Stacy Monson) is the first short story in this anthology. Mikayla Gordon and Dawson Dunne would be husband and wife within a few days. One problem, with the snow at high alert would their friends and family be there to celebrate the big day?

Like Wool (Eleanor Bertin) is a very short, but good, contemporary story of a prodigal.

Ever
Stox4story
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Raw with emotion…. nine different stories with a common theme of needing G_d -- needing His mercy, needing His grace, needing His provision.

Many lessons are learned in these short stories. Redemption and forgiveness is the path to healing. All choices have consequences, both good and bad. You just have to learn to let go and let G_d take you to where His journey leads. For some it will be self-discovery. For others it will be taking a look in the mirror and owning up to past hurts ... those
Jane
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For Christians, Christmas should be a time of hope - no matter life’s current circumstances. Hope is Born is a collection of nine short stories. Each of those short stories contains a character with a need for hope. The stories deal with a wide variety of circumstances - being alone, health issues, unplanned pregnancy, miscarriage, or hitting rock bottom. Several of the stories are about characters familiar to those who have read the books in the Mosaic Collection. Other stories in the book are ...more
Ann Bester
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was the first time that I have read an anthology. It was great as I got to be introduced to new authors whose books I had not yet had the privilege of reading. Some of the stories were long and others were short but they all were faith based and told about the real meaning of Christmas. Because there are nine different authors you get to read a variety of different writing styles and each book is unique in its own way. The stories are about overcoming obstacles, a prodigal son, redemption, ...more
Linda Lee
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness!, not one but nine beautiful stories! Faith, real imperfect people and God's continued love. What a beautiful reminder, all set around Christmas, the time we are reminded of God's love by the birth of our Savior.
These are short stories that you can savor one day at a time during this busy season or if you are like me, you keep reading until way too late at night because each one touches your heart in a different way.
Ann
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a 'Must Read" book!! All of the stories are wonderfully written and hold your attention. The best part about this book is it brings out the real meaning of Christmas. Just have a box of tissue close by because you will need them. Grab this book today and prepare to be blessed. This is a book I will read more than once.
Phyllis
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stories of hope and redemption

There are so many stories in this anthology! All are filled with hope and each one has a strong Christian message to encourage the reader. While a few of the stories are romances, many are not. The character’s ages range from young adult to retiree and the settings are scattered throughout North America.

I was only familiar with three of the authors represented; Stacy Monson, Brenda Anderson, and Sara Davison. They are the reason I requested to be on the launch team.
Connie
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Of the Christmas stories I have read, this collection stands out to me as the one that has, literally, something for everyone wanting to find some Christmas "hope" in a book. Nine authors have done their very best to enchant you with their tales. I had only read one author's previous books, and if any of these characters are from previous novels you won't find it matters. All you may want to do is go find more books that they wrote. And hey, it's Christmas, so instant answers to "what do you ...more
Jemimah
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Hope is Born: A Mosaic Christmas Anthology

Compilation of 9 Christmas stories that truly inspires hope, love, forgiveness and joy. Each of these books will tug your hearts in warm ways that will cause you to reflect on those you have had to forgive, those you have prayed for to be restored, things that just turned around when you were holding on to your last shred of hope.

To Stacy Monson, Eleanor Bertin, Deb Elkink, Brenda S. Anderson ,Janice L. Dick , Sara Davison , Angela D. Meyer , Johnnie
Lori
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so happy to see that Stacy Monson has brought my favorite character back! Woo hoo!! Mikayla is back! But will everything work out for her and her intended?
You will make friends with each of these families and even find yourself praying for them and wanting to give someone a hug or two.
Praying everyday certainly helps too. There's power in prayer my friends. I know God doesn't always answer the way we do but He does answer. It's all in His time. Not ours.
You will have a very hard time
Sharon Dean
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
They say when life hands you lemons just make some lemonade. They say when life hands you struggles and tribulations just look to God. They say when life hands you low self esteem just lean on a friend. All they says you hear...first always look to our Father, our God but after that...grab this book, Hope Is Born, and cozy up by the fire and indulge in these stories by some pretty amazing Authors! Feel all the feels, soak in all the emotions, cry all the tears, smile all the smiles, pray all the ...more
Joni
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Old friends and new, old loves and new, births, deaths, the cycle of life – all are included in this Christmas anthology. These nine wonderful stories remind us that in all the ups and downs, triumphs and tragedies of this life on earth, God is always with us and offers us the hope of a better life with him. No matter your current situation, one (or more) of these stories will speak to your heart. During the busy holiday season, it’s great to be able to pick up a collection of short stories when ...more
Nancy
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hope is Born: (The Mosaic Collection) is a Delightful Must read.

Hope is Born is not a group of similar stories that will bore you, no this collection is a group of individual books that will all charm you in their own way. Each story has a problem to solve and on the way, you'll meet characters that you will cheer on, cry with or want to shake awake. Hope is Born was hard to put down and I learned a few lessons myself as the pages poured out God's grace and mercy
Karen Riley
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was excellent to read. Every story in the book was special in its own way. The Author's all did a good presentation with the book. This book would be recommended by me to be read by all to read.
Marta Aldrighetti
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
* A BEAUTIFUL CHRIST-MESS - BRENDA S. ANDERSON
review:
this is ashort story, set in Christmas time. Zachary Belden comes home to say a beautiful news to his parents, but the things go wrong and messed up. Perhaps God has other plan for him?
Nice, lovely, God centered story.
Pam
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are 9 short stories all different but all so well written. There are so many in the world that need hope and this stories bring it to light. I have thoroughly enjoyed the Mosaic Collection books and this one is no different. I highly recommend the book, you won't be disappointed!
Marlys
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great anthology. I liked that some of the stories are continuations of some of the previous books.
Janice Dick
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
An anthology of 9 stories created around the Christmas theme, each leading the reader to hope and joy in a unique collection of styles.
Ochegba
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This faith filled anthology tells of the real reason for Christmas. Filled with emotion each story pulls you. Some stories are long and some short, some romantic and some are not. But the all point to Christ who is the reason for Christmas.
Mountaintop Christmas brings up back into the lives of Dawson and Mikayla as they prepare for their wedding. There's the lesson of learning to trust God even when nothing seems to go as we planned and learning to let go of fears that hold us bound.
In Like
Wendy Huddler
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a collection of short stories. Each book has believable characters who are down to earth. The stories are ones you do not really want to end.
Janet
Dec 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I have to admit to not eating all these novellas. Some I really liked but others I couldn't get into. My favourite was a beautiful Christmas.

• A Beautiful Mess
  • More Than Enough
  • The Hope We Share (Potter's House 2 #1)
  • The Red Journal
  • Unbound
  • Mistletoe & Music
  • Lake Season (Bluebell Inn Romance, #1)
  • Her Compassionate Billionaire
  • An Amish Christmas Kitchen: Three Novellas Celebrating the Warmth of the Season
  • Brentwood's Ward (The Bow Street Runners #1)
  • The Space Between Us
  • Love by the Letter (Unexpected Brides, #0.5)
  • Defended - A Christian Suspense (Pete Zendel Book 6)
  • His Stubborn Chase - The New Beginnings Christian Inspirational Series - Book 5
  • Christmas Angels
  • All is Bright (Christmas Lights Collection Book 4)
  • The Wedding Dress Christmas (The Wedding Collection)
  • Love's Reckoning (The Ballantyne Legacy, #1)