Start by marking “Double Jeopardy” as Want to Read:
Double Jeopardy

Double Jeopardy

New York City socialite Becky Campbell inherited more than a speck of her father’s wanderlust. Now his murder bequeaths her a mystery, a ramshackle homestead, and a silver mine.

Zeke Graumann signs on as Becky’s foreman to keep his portion of his family’s ranch. He shares the workers’ reservations about a woman boss, especially one who burns water and prances around in
Published January 7th 2020 by Smitten Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Double Jeopardy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Jeopardy

Start your review of Double Jeopardy
Susan Mathis
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adventure and romance fill this late-nineteenth century Colorado story, Double Jeopardy. Even though I’ve never cared much for Western fiction, the novel hooked me in and held me fast. An undercurrent of suspense kept me turning the page and the intriguing characters came to life. At times I wanted to scream, scold her, and cheer for this strong-willed woman until she finally meets her match in a handsome cowboy. Go ahead ... get yourself lassoed by Donna’s story. You won’t sleep a wink.”
Pat
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Double Jeopardy is an enjoyable story that takes readers back to the days of Colorado mining in the old west. Heroine Becky travels to Colorado to help her father with his mining endeavors, only to learn the task has been left to here alone. Zeke is a cowboy who hires on to help Becky, but they both run into unforeseen circumstances that are both mysterious and dangerous.

Author Donna Schlachter brings two characters together from different worlds and demonstrates how they can work together for
Paula Shreckhise
When Becky Campbell travels from New York City society to join her adventurous father at his silver mine in Colorado, she is sadly disappointed. She has to contend with the fact that he was murdered and she has little means or know how to keep up the mine. She is like a fish out of water but tries very hard to make a go of things with the help of two hired hands and a handsome farmer, Zeke Graumann.
The author captures the quirkinesses and struggles of Miss Becky and the honesty and
Karen Whalen
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book…an appealing and satisfying story about a strong female character, Becky, a New Yorker turned Colorado miner, who meets an equally strong cowboy, Zeke, and falls in love. The story set in 1880 is historically factual, since in that time period women were allowed to make land claims, even if they weren’t allowed to vote. Along with the love story is a murder mystery. Someone wants to drive Becky into abandoning the silver mine she takes over from her deceased father. The villain ...more
SARAH TAYLOR
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great book Double Jeopardy is an historical romantic suspense set in Colorado in the 1880's what a great book about a woman who went to find her dad in a small mining town ! There she meets The man who will protect her from all the mining accidents. Becky and Zeke make a great couple in this book! Becky is faced with many challenges but she never backs down. I gave this a 5 star because it is such a great book one that when you pick it up you don't want to put it down. It is a page ...more
Ginger Solomon
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One day. That’s how long it took me to read this book. I haven’t read a book in a day in a LONG time. Most just haven’t been able to keep my attention. But Ms. Schlachter did an excellent job arresting and holding my focus. I loved Becky and Zeke’s story. Their angst, reactions, and dialogue seemed realistic to me, and I definitely enjoyed the banter between Becky and Zeke.

*I received this book from the author/publisher for the purpose of review. The above is my honest opinion.
David Berg
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a free advance review copy of this book and am voluntarily providing my honest review. Becky takes over her late fathers mine, not knowing anything about mining. She hires Zeke and 2 diggers. The sparks fly between her and Zeke, but neither wants to acknowledge them. This is a great clean read, hard to put down because something is always happening. I enjoyed this book and recommend it.
Barbara
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Things do not work out as expected when Becky Cambell goes to Silver Valley, Colorado to spend some time with her father. This family-friendly tale of the old west was bedtime reading for almost two weeks, but could probably be read in a weekend. I received an ARC and this voluntary review is my own opinion.
Ann
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good! It has just enough suspense and romance to keep you turning the pages to see what happens next. I received an ARC copy of this book and was not required to write a review. All opinions expressed are my own.
Suzanne Norquist
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Double Jeopardy is a fun read. It brings Colorado mining history to life.
I had the privilege of reading a free advanced copy of this book.

Margaret Mizushima
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an exceptional book. Love the history, love the characters, love the mixture of romance and suspense. Donna Schlachter has penned a winner with Double Jeopardy!
Pegg
Pat
Jan 18, 2020
Emily P
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable story set in a mining town called Silver Valley in the 1880's, "Double Jeopardy" gives readers a strong, sassy heroine, western adventures, a wily cowboy and a murder mystery. The action is well timed and the characters play off each other wonderfully. The historical research is top notch and the reader is pulled right in to Becky's whirlwind life. I love to see strong female leads who stood up against the norm and succeeded. Zeke is attracted to the unconventional Becky and it was ...more

• Silent Night Suspect
  • Himalayan Hazard (Pet Whisperer P.I. #8)
  • The Rebel Bride (Daughter of the Mayflower, #10)
  • The Peashooter Society's Plan (The Mismatched Mail-Order Brides, #1)
  • Forever, Lately
  • Just in Time for Christmas (High-Country Christmas)
  • Scrabbling for the Culprit (The Board Game Murders, #1)
  • Dedication to Love
  • Charlotte (Brides of the Oregon Trail Book 6)
  • Raccoon Racketeer (Pet Whisperer P.I. #7)
  • Ruby Jane (The Montana Marshalls, #5)
  • Queen Tarts and a Christmas Nightmare (Sandy Bay Cozy Mystery Book 17)
  • A Girl’s Guide to the Outback
  • By All Appearances
  • Murder on Thanksgiving (A Ridgeway Rescue Mystery Book 9)
  • Her Compassionate Billionaire
  • A Keeper for Christmas
  • A Cowboy for Christmas (Spinster Mail-Order Brides #11)