Start by marking “Forever Better Together” as Want to Read:
Forever Better Together

Forever Better Together

Can best friends find true love? What if your best friend is your adopted brother?

Griffin can’t fathom his life without Quincy, but he also can’t ignore the crazy sexual attraction buzzing between them.
When Quincy offers up a contract to determine if the sexual tension brewing between them is worth jeopardizing their nearly decade-long friendship, Griffin finds himself hel
Published October 2019

To ask other readers questions about Forever Better Together, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever Better Together

Start your review of Forever Better Together
Cee Brown
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
•*´¨)✯ ¸.•*¨)
✮ (¸.•´ "I'll hold you in my heart until I can hold you in my arms."

Griff met Quincy at ten when they became foster brothers. The connection was there almost from day one and grew with them. Not even distance could come between what was meant to be.

It's hard saying goodbye to characters you've grown to love and understand, and I think that is why I gravitate to series. But for Griff and Quincy, Forever Better Together was the happy ending I could live with. I knew they would be
Faye K
A story of step brothers growing up together from the age of 10 years old. Their closeness began from day one and grew. In Uni together now older and both gay. Told in both pov. A story to enjoy. I just didn't connect to them.
When Quinncy is 10 when he gets a new foster brother, Griffin and the two become friends.
Tammi De Lima
Quincy is a young boy being raised by his grandparents when they bring another young boy as a foster child into their home. Quincy at first thought he would resent Griffin but that didn't last long as they became best friends. They became real brothers when his grandparents officially adopted Griffin. As they got older they both began thinking about the 3 B's: brothers, besties, and boyfriends. They are both in love with each other but afraid to act on their feelings because they don't want to r ...more
R
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, m-m, ya
Quincy was living with his grandparents when Griffin came into his life. Griffen became their foster child, then they adopted him. The boys became very close friends and considered themselves brothers. Until one night, and some moonshine, changed the way they saw each other.

I really liked the acceptance of the boys family. No censure, no angst, just pure love. An honest story about family is usually a winner with me but this one was a little more. “Bonds make a family” was truly what this book w
M L R
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this so much!

Sweet sweet romance. Griffin and Quincy are related by adoption as Quincy's grandparents adopted Grif. They are raised as brothers ( but would be adoptive uncle/nephew) however there was no taboo element expressed. The boys formed a close bond as children that continued to evolve into more. They are a super cute and supportive couple. Their family is loving and supportive as well. I loved seeing Griffin come into his own, building confidence and finding success. No angst...
Katlyn
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved traveling through Quincy & Grif’s love story! This book showed how even though two people have such different experiences and come from different places, human connection can be found where you least expect it.
I loved how free A.D. Ellis was with Grif’s expression of himself and lifestyle. Also even though Quincy was more secure in where he came from, he had insecurities too!

Great read and I can’t wait to read more from her!

This was provided as an ARC. All reviews are based on my hone
Belinda Zamora
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't rave enough about how much I loved this story.
A wonderful coming of age romance.
Such an incredibly sweet and moving tale about the power of friendship and everlasting love.
I loved how absolutely confident Quincy and Griffin were in loving and supporting one another even with their self-doubts.
Getting to see them grow and develop into such wonderful, capable and caring young men was incredibly rewarding.
Momma and Pop were the absolute epitome of a loving family.
This book has definitely
Jamie Plume
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is another great story! This was not the common story of man meets man. These two characters start off as strangers as children. It was so interesting to see them go from strangers to best friends to lovers. They didn't come from the same type of life and you can see that remains in the characters personalities. The relationship was a slow burn that initally the reader doesn't realize till the end. Another great story with characters that the reader can understand and bound with.
Mac Paterson
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
A beautiful best friends to lovers romance. It’s a dual POV and I enjoyed getting both perspectives as their relationship developed.

I loved Griff and Quincy, they were wonderful together. They have a lot to work through for their HEA, but it’s so worth it. There’s some great supporting characters as well, very supportive and loving.

Devoted❤️Reader
Fairy tales do come true

I really liked the quotes that appeared in this book and I’m a big fan of those movies too. This book was emotional and I admit that parts made me teary. Some parts frustrated me but I enjoyed meeting Quincy and Grif, even if I did want to shake them a little. They are a shining example of true love and real-life fairy tales.
AL
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
A cute friends to lovers story with a cute ending. It’s always interesting to see how such a relationship progresses and the author did an awesome job in this book! Worth reading for sure
Frances Hamburg
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

Quinton and Griffin didn't realize it but once they laid eyes on each other, love was forever in their hearts.
Michael Damron
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ButtonsMom2003
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-from-author, ku
A good story that spans a lot of years.

Forever Better Together is a story that has a lot of different tropes to it. It's a little bit taboo (adopted brothers), it's friends-to-lovers, it's new adult (college age) and it's also opposites attract.

I'm not crazy about what I call pseudo-incest stories (no blood relation) that beat the "taboo" element to death. Forever Better Together does mention the brother aspect of the story but it's not the main focus and it doesn't beat it to death. Overall, I
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
4 Cranky Stars

This story idea was born from an idea that several authors get together to create a story using a certain name and a few other ideas. Pretty neat concept. That's how Quincy and Griffin were born.

Quincy spent a lot of his childhood with his grandparents because his dad worked overseas often. He has seen many foster kids come and go because his grandparents have a huge heart and foster kids. He's ok with it until a gangly very shy boy named Griffin lands in his home and his room. Fl
E.Muddle
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was so much sweeter than I was expecting. It was a beautiful and romantic read featuring friends-to-lovers, adopted brothers, new adult, opposites-attract tropes, and it definitely did them justice. When the blurb mentioned a contract to see if they could take their relationship beyond just friends, I was all ready for some friends-with-benefits situation and mutual pining for more. Quincy and Griff didn't do this at all though, and instead, they were so honest with their feelings and ...more
Anabela.M.
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"𝑵𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑹 𝑬𝑿𝑷𝑬𝑪𝑻𝑬𝑫 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒏 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒊𝒕 𝒕𝒐𝒐, 𝒔𝒐 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒎 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒏 𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍.”

This is an excerpt from 𝑃𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑃𝑎𝑛,but it describes perfectly what Griffin and Quincy feel for each other. The problem is that they grew up like brothers, inseparable since they were ten. Completely different and opposites in aspect,preferences and professional choices, but somehow they just click. So it doesn't take long before the brotherly bond to turn into romantic love,into
Tenise
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best way i can think of to describe Forever Better Together is as a cute- no so much friends- to friends- to lovers romance.

Griffin is 10 when he comes to live with Quincy's family. Things start off a bit rocky with the 10 year olds but they quickly become best friends. The 2 are inseparable. Well, until life has other plans. No matter what life throws at them the friends find their way back to each other. Now if they could only admit to each other how they feel, I'm sure it would make both
Jennifer Reilley
Scared young Griffin meets Quincy when he comes to live at his house at age 10 after going through a traumatic event. Although Quincy isn’t happy to now share his room, the two develop a friendship like no other.

They are both supportive and protective of each other. As they grow their bond grows and moves to the next level. However they are both scared to take the leave from friends to lovers as I think a lot of people would. Be afraid of losing that friendship they have.

I really enjoyed the b
J Loves-Reading
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was phenomenal!!! I loved the characters, the story line, the supporting characters and the fact that Quincy and Griffin has so much support. Though they came from different backgrounds and were different in almost every way, Griffin and Quincy loved each other. I love that the author let them and their love for one another be the focus of the book and not some antagonists who had issues with their sexual identities. The angst level was very low. This was a very heartwarming book that ...more
Donna
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forever Better Together is a coming of age, friends-to-lovers romance. Quincy and Griffin are pretty much opposites who fit together despite those differences. They bring out the best in each other. This book has all the feels and family in all its many forms is a major theme. Everyone needs a Momma and Pops in their life--people who love them unconditionally. I loved all the Disney quotes and references. I thoroughly enjoyed the story and urge you to read this book and all the rest written by t ...more
Modwena
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a really sweet story. When Griffin comes to live with Quinn's family when they are both 10 years old the pair become best friends despite their differences. Griffin is adopted by the family a couple of years later. As they grow up their attraction grows but they are determined to ignore it out of fear of ruining the relationship they already have by pursuing a romantic relationship.
Griff and Quinn were very endearing and overall I felt that the book was a warm and cosy read.
Shelley
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"I'll hold you in my heart until I can hold you in my arms" -- Peter Pan

AD Ellis writes such beautiful characters and storylines. I don't want to give anything away but this book is absolutely fantastic and I was captivated from the start. Griffin and Quincey's story is heartbreaking and at the same time heart warming. Books like this are why I read this genre. Love.

I was gifted an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Joscelyn Smith
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great YA/friends to lovers syory. I loved Griffin and Quincy, they were such lovable characters and they were surrounded by an amazing cast of supporting characters. I really enjoyed seeing their relationship grow and blossom from friendship to something so much story.

*I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book*
Courtney
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book. It was such a great story from the very beginning. It had me laughing and crying throughout the whole thing. It is well written and flows well.
The path that Quincy and Griffin take to get to their happily ever after has some twist and turns as they figure it out, but it is such a beautiful journey. I am so happy that I was able to go along for the ride
CJ
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was just.... So much sap. I was repeatedly rolling my eyes. Like, I get that one of the MCs was a big Disney movie fan, but the number of quotes they threw at each other to show their feelings was a little much, and then talking and analyzing the movies was excessive. And the ending felt contrived in the way it was done.
BookHarpy
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Surprisingly good read

Sweet, sappy, and a weirdish premise that could have gone south. But in this case it worked! The MCs clearly clicked together while maintaining their own personalities. I even got teary eyed at one point. Not bad for an author new to me. I had fun reading this one.
Angel
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: purchased, mm
I loved this story of 2 lifelong friends on their journey to "more". I was immediately drawn into these characters and their story. And, the ending was just perfect. I will definitely read this author again.
Shiney
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three Bs

One of the better AD Ellis books I've read. The main characters are super sweet. The family is accepting and inclusive. This book brought me to tears, but also lifted my spirit.
Angel_Angiej
A quick read with a repeating problem of one of the characters being mentioned a lot.

• Five Fake Dates
  • Just Friends (Never Just Friends, #1)
  • The Best Friend (Red's Tavern, #1)
  • Say You’ll Be Nine (Say You'll Be Nine, #1)
  • Can't Touch
  • Secret Admirer
  • The One Decent Thing
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Virtually Screwed (Love & Luck #2)
  • Hard Knox (Havenwood #3)
  • I'm Straight, Right? (Men of Fort Dale, #1)
  • Love Lessons (Caldwell Brothers, #3)
  • The Sweetest Thing (The Blackburn Brothers Duet #1)
  • Before the Call  (Small Town Hearts, #2)
  • Hot Chocolate Kisses
  • The Secret Thing (Blackburn Brothers Duet #2)
  • The Experiment
  • Spring Strings
A.D. Ellis is an Indiana girl, born and raised. She spends much of her time in central Indiana as an instructional coach/teacher in the inner city of Indianapolis, being a mom to two amazing school-aged children, and wondering how she and her husband of nearly two decades haven't driven each other insane yet. A lot of her time is also devoted to phone call avoidance and her hatred of cooking.
She l