Start by marking “The Mighty Anchor (Rogue Academy, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Mighty Anchor (Rogue Academy, #3)

The Mighty Anchor

(Rogue Academy #3)

A stoic force to be reckoned with.
The steady rock on which England is destined to lean.
Everyone’s reliable mate, at the ready to defend when called upon.

Published November 24th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Mighty Anchor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mighty Anchor

Start your review of The Mighty Anchor (Rogue Academy, #3)
ABookLover73
#LARAANDVANCE4EVER

FIVE SOCCER STARS for Lara and Vance !!!

"The Second Coming" is the first book I've read by Carrie Aarons and it is also the reason why I continued reading her books.

This is the third and the last book from the "Rogue Academy" series which reminded me why I love so much reading Carrie's books.

Carrie's writing style is simple but unique.

It keeps you occupied from the beginning till the end and after you finish reading the book you want more.

"The Mighty Anchor" is a romance story
Meredith
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Mighty Anchor is the third and final installment in the Rogue Academy series. This is a complete standalone, so don't let the fact that it's book three in a series deter you from starting here. Although once you finish, there's a very good chance that you'll be going back to read the other books in this series. They are brilliantly written with complex story-lines that will keep you furiously flipping the pages from start to finish.

Vance and Lara's story is one that is packed with all the
Carlene Inspired
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

Unexpectedly my favorite of the series! With an incredible opening scene, set to the song This Year's Love by David Gray, The Mighty Anchor follows keeper Vance Morley as he discovers he has a son. All his life he's been predicted to be the next Keeper for Rogue Football Club, he's just waiting for his turn, but a son, with the woman he's always loved, will change everything for him. Vance and Lara had a relationship that was under wraps, when he
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.5 Stars / 2.5 Steam Fans

Video review available in Week 47 Nov 17 – 23 weekly book reviews.

For other video book reviews check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk
Kari Hansen
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the first time that Vance met Lara when they were only children they thought they had an unbreakable bond but when their friendship turned to love it was tested and unable to survive. He wanted to keep their relationship quiet which caused Lana to believe that she would always come second to his career and that was a sacrifice she wasn’t willing to make.

Two years later when he is back in their hometown when he sees the only woman he has ever loved however her life hasn’t stood still. She is
Shirley Cuypers
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, arc-beta, ebooks
Original review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Carrie Aarons!

The Mighty Anchor
is the third and final book in the Rogue Academy series and tells the story of Lara and Vance. Although this is the third book in the series, it can be read as a standalone.

The Mighty Anchor is yet another amazing book in the series. It was such a good read because I couldn’t put it down. I wanted to know what was going to happen to Lara and Vance. One of the reasons
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
I've been looking forward to this book since the beginning of this series. And even more so since the end of the last book. Vance was the one of the Rogue Academy guys I knew the least about. And then his bombshell left me excited to hear his story.

As I read I found myself liking Vance a lot. Lara I wasn't as fond of. I think it was just the secret she kept and why that I couldn't quite get past. Then little things fed into it. But by the end things did improve and I did end up enjoying the
Kimberly (Kimmy Loves to Read)
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, sports, 4-5-stars, soccer
4 1/2 stars!

I received an advanced copy of this book with the promise of an honest review.

Second chance romance combined with a secret baby? Yes please! The author teased us at the end of the previous book and I couldn't wait to read this one.

I just loved Lara and Vance. When they were young, their relationship was complicated and now that they are bit older, it is even more complicated. All Lara wants in her life is stability and being in a relationship with Vance is anything but stable. But
Rhonda Ziglar
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 FANTASTIC STARS!! Wow, I finished this book in one sitting. I loved Vance and Lara their story had all the feels and kept me flipping pages. This series has been incredible.....it gets better with every book. Carrie Aarons nailed this one, so go ahead and download this book.
Athena
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS

Carrie Aarons nailed this one! I wasn't sure this could happen, but Vance is my favourite of the three friends, although I still love Jude and Kingston. You can tell that Lara was the one that always held Vance's heart and vice versa. They have some obstacles to overcome before they can get their HEA, but their journey is worth reading.

The Mighty Anchor is the third book in the Rogue Academy Series, and can be read as a standalone. I highly recommend if you enjoy second chance romances.
Avidez Literaria
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Little did I know, that split-second decision would take my solid existence and change the course of it forever. Like the sea in the midst of a storm, everything I knew about myself, or held dear, was about to be thrown into the depths of the ocean.”

Vance's life revolves around football. Since childhood, he works hard to one day achieve his much-deserved prominent position as keeper for the Rogue Football Club. And to achieve such a feat, he had to give up countless things in his life. But
Michelle Abascal Monroy
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Mighty Anchor by Carrie Aarons is the third and final book in the Rogue Academy series, and Carrie again shows us a great story!!

This is the story of Vance who we have meet in the previous books and is best friends with the heroes of the previous books and if you have read those books you can remember that always Vance act a bit different like he was having a secret, and in this book we know all about it.

We meet Lara, who is a girl who meet Vance when they were young and start a relationship
Ga Books LoverX
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I swear that Carrie Aarons knows the way to my heart and can read my mind for what I like in romance books. I absolutely love her writing and the final book in the Rogue Academy series is everything that you were hoping for (if you read the previous books in the series, if not, do it now!) and everything that you did not realize that you wanted!

I knew that Vance's story was going to be an emotional one, and it definitely delivered. After finding out that he had a son that has already lived a
Cassidy (cassidyreads)
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
The last and final book in this series did not disappoint!! I absolutely love Carrie’s books and her writing style. If you haven’t read her books yet, you definitely should. This series was so much fun between the characters and their romances. The thing I loved the most in most series, including this one is most the major charcters get their own story. This book followed Vance and Lara and their story was filled with angst, soccer, second chances and a baby! In the beginning, we come to realize ...more
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Carrie Aarons third and final installment of the Rogue Academy series and tells the story of Lara and Vance. The Mighty Anchor is an addictive read, a complicated second chance romance. This was a much deeper story than a romance, she told a story about priorities and emotional growth of character.

Carrie Aarons continues to deliver well written, complex storylines engages from page to page. She managed to write something unique, interesting and fulfilling with this English football series. I
Heather andrews
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Vance may not do it often but the man can get embarrassed about some things, “I’m glad you like it.” Blimey, is that a blush? Is Vance Morley, the iron giant, happily embarrassed? It’s almost too adorable for words." Vance is a knowledgeable man, “when a woman says she’s fine, she’s about ten seconds away from murdering a bloke.” I chuckle." I liked this book, I liked Vance.
Karen
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She knows her football (soccer) and this football player is at the cross roads of whether he's moving up to a starting position. He comes home and sees his ex-girlfriend with a toddler who looks just like him at that age.
So you can guess the story from there. It is well written with plot development going at a normal pace. I really like this author.

Know that it's British
Jenny B
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Carrie Aarons saved the best book for last in this little set. Vance is the silent, people pleasing broody alpha who suddenly finds out he has a son. Lara did what she felt was best at the time, given the circumstances and watch out when these two come together. The angst between these two pulled on all my feels and had my heart swooning through out the entire read.

One of your all time best books!!!
cupcakes and bookshelves
This was the third and final book in theRogue Academy Series but it can be read as a standalone. I would definitely recommend reading the first two books though because they were so good too. Vance and Lara’s second chance romance in The Mighty Anchor was heartwarming and emotional, seeing how they overcame their struggles and the obstacles that only love and family can bring. LOVED IT!

*ARC kindly given in exchange for an honest review, thank you so much*
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
The Mighty Anchor is the third and I believe final book in the Rogue Academy series by the talented, Carrie Aarons. You can read it as a standalone but I do recommend reading the series since they are all fun, sexy, and emotional. Vance is the last of the three horsemen on campus and without the love of his life. It was his turn to make his move.

Twelve years ago Vance fell for the girl across the street. Six years ago he kissed her. Two years ago he walked away. A few weeks ago he saw her again
Renee
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it

A stoic force to be reckoned with. The steady rock on which England is to lean. Everyone's reliable mate, at the ready to defend when called upon. To the world, Vance Morley is the next great keeper for the Rogue Football Club, biding his time at the academy. The definition of tall, dark and handsome, his quiet confidence and mysterious persona only draw the public in. He's their mighty anchor both on
AnneMarie Davee
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you haven’t read the first two Rogue Academy books, I highly recommend you read them. Not because you need to in order to follow along in this book, but because they are all fantastic reads, and this one, the final of the three, may just be the best.

Vance and Lara have a complicated relationship. Young and in love, Vance chooses to walk away from Lara and pursue his football career instead of working on their relationship. He had a dream he’s pursued most of his life, and making that dream
Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
In The Mighty Anchor we get Lara and Vance's story. I'll be totally real with ya... these two might have been my favorite in the entire series! I didn't expect to love them so hard but what do ya do? You love what ya love!! Vance was soooooo relatable for me!! I happen to struggle with the same afflictions as Vance, social anxiety and being introverted. I really appreciate the spotlight Carrie Aaron's put on those issues. So many people think this is a problem that people fake or exaggerate. The ...more
Sunny Shelly Reads
They were both adrift, until he anchored them.

The Mighty Anchor is the third and last standalone in Carrie Aarons' Rogue Academy series, and tells the story of the third horseman of football, Vance Morley. The third mate of Jude and Kingston, he was kind of an aloof loner in the previous books, so I was excited to read his backstory.

Two years after Vance broke things off with his high school sweetheart (in favor of his football career), he runs into Lara by chance on the street in her hometown
Johnaka
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Mighty Anchor by Carrie Aarons
“Can he have both football and the girl? 5 stars”

Vance had wanted the girl who moved in across the street from his parents from the moment he meant her. But he was focused on his love of the game. When he finally got the girl too, he didn’t want to share her with anyone else. He wanted it to be just them. But you know what they say about secret relationships, they soon explode because of the secrecy. Will he be able to get his girl back and accomplish his dream?
Emily Goodman
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Carrie Aarons’ third and final installment of the Rogue Academy series, The Might Anchor is an addictive read featuring a complicated second chance on love.

Although this is the third book in a series, I can easily say you can read this one as a standalone. Each of these novels feature English football players finding love in the most unexpected places. Vance and Laura’s story was no different.

Vance and Laura are the true definition of complicated. Their love is a twist of emotion, consequence,
Courtney Anderson
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been excited about Vance’s story for a while now and let me say it is amazing. Vance is a soccer player at the academy trying to prove that he is the best at what he does and make the move up to the big leagues with his buddies Jude and Kingston. He was absolutely in love with Lara but as always, his soccer came first so he left her behind to concentrate on being the nest soccer player he could be. Lara has and in a way will always love Vance but when he walked away without a second glance ...more
Charlene
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Carrie Aarons did it again...she solidified herself as one of my fave go to authors quite some time ago, but it never ceases amaze me how unique each of her stories is, how I know I will always get a book that’s fresh and unlike anything else I’ve read before.

I loved the first two books in the Rogue Academy series, but I knew Vance’s story was going to be my favourite, that it was going to own me heart and soul!

After the heartbreaking end to their relationship years earlier and Lara having
Jen
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Note: An ARC was provided by the author.

Ah, this second chance romance ticked all my boxes! Carrie Aarons's series about three best friends who have dreamt all their lives to make the jump from the Rogue Academy to the Rogue FC has turned out to be one of my favorites this year. Each one of the novels has that great mix of angst, wit, heart, and heat, and Aarons has maintained the same level of quality throughout. Vance and Lara's story was a great read, with both main characters needing to make
Sarah Dale
This is the third and final book in this Rogue Academy series and as much as I loved the other two books Carrie definitely saved the best for last!

Once I started this one I was hooked and devoured it in one sitting (benefit of a hubby who works nights). I was literally on the edge of my seat desperate to know what was going to happen between Vance and Lara.

I had so many emotions about Vance and Lara, I wanted to simultaneously hit and hug these two! if only they communicated better then they
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Blindsided
  • Man Cuffed (Man Hands, #4)
  • Kiss Me Again (Kiss Me, #3)
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Tempt the Hookup (Tempt, #3)
  • Trying to Score (Hot Jocks, #3)
  • ICED (Boston Terriers Hockey #2)
  • Daddy Issues: A Single Dad Romance
  • Half Truths (Secret Society, #1)
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • Hating You (Blackthorn Elite #1)
  • Love Drunk (Love Me Duet #1)
  • Enemies
  • Holidate (Dating, #3)
  • Redemption
  • Hold on to Hope
  • The Lineup
Author of romance novels such as The Tenth Girl and Privileged, Carrie Aarons writes books that are just as swoon-worthy as they are sarcastic. A former journalist, she prefers the love stories of her imagination, and the athleisure dress code, much better.

When she isn't writing, Carrie is busy binging reality TV, having a love/hate relationship with cardio, and trying not to burn dinner. She

Rogue Academy (3 books)
  • The Second Coming (Rogue Academy #1)
  • The Lion Heart (Rogue Academy #2)