Start by marking “A Reckless Note (Brilliance Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
A Reckless Note (Brilliance Trilogy #1)

A Reckless Note

(Brilliance Trilogy #1)

Passion, seduction, and my family’s secret that could change everything. I went looking for my missing brother, but instead, I found him: Kace August. He's dark. He's dangerous. He makes me want things I can’t have and brings me into a world of forbidden seduction. But I just can't seem to walk away.

Book one in the Brilliance Trilogy.
Hardcover
Published June 23rd 2020 by Julie Patra Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Reckless Note, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Reckless Note

Start your review of A Reckless Note (Brilliance Trilogy #1)
Anovelqueen
***4 STARS***

I was drawn to this book because the hero is a world famous violinist. How sexy is that?

Aria Alard deals in antiques and at present she is searching for two things....her brother Gio and a special Stradivarius violin handcrafted by her family of the same name. Kace August is known as the “rocker violinist” performing classical and more dressed in tees, jeans and boots exuding sexuality and charm. He is immediately drawn to Aria and she to him.

I enjoyed the back and forth play betwe
Carla Bulian
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book!
Lisa Jones
Apr 28, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
BINGE READ THE BRILLIANCE TRILOGY

A Sinful Encore is LIVE! The Brilliance Trilogy is now complete and you can binge read Kace and Aria's story!

MINI-EXCERPT FROM A SINFUL ENCORE
“Aria, baby, I have broken every rule I wrote with you.”

“I’m not sure what that means,” I say cautiously.

His hands settle on my lower back, molding us intimately close, our legs entwined. “It means that I’m in this for keeps.” He strokes my hair from my face and tilts my gaze to his. “I know we need to let everything shake
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Aria is a woman with a lot of secrets. While searching for her missing brother, she stumbles into a world she's done everything to avoid. But she can't resist the allure of it, especially because Kace is very much a part of that world and he is a man who makes it impossible to turn away. Dark and delicious, he commands a room and commands her attention without a word. A violin rockstar, he's rich and famous... and he's still just a man. A man who wants what and who he wants and he most definitel ...more
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: missy
I didn't quite know what to expect from the short blurb for A Reckless Note, but I'm certainly intrigued to find out just what in the heck is going on with Kace and Aria!

For one, hello, sexy AF musician who's definitely hiding something. There's an awareness about hm that shows he knows too much too soon, but he's keeping his secrets very close to his vest.

And then there's Aria, who's also hiding her true identity but it's out of need and for her own protection.

But even with the secrets between
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Do you know I never read books with cliffhangers on purpose. However, I continually seem to do that with this author. She’s like an addiction and so is this book.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I really dislike cliffhangers and I’m not even fond of books in a series too much unless they can be read as standalone’s.

However, Jones is one of those authors that always gets me to break the rules. LOL It’s because I am addicted to her superior storytelling ability. She just has her layout set up in such a mann
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, rocker
This just grabs you right from the beginning. I love that it felt like jumping in with both feet and not being sure where you'll land.

It immediately starts off with Aria's missing brother and the mysterious background of her family. You don't learn a lot in this first book and it does end on a pretty big cliffhanger but it really had me guessing throughout.

I love that Kace is not your average rock star. He's a rock star who's also a violinist. That's unique and made him more interesting. He al
Christine B
Aria Alard & her brother Gio had to disappear from Italy years ago because of their real names Stradivarius. Their ancestor created the formula for making the Stradivarus violins that were hand crafted by their family and had to flee the country. Now their mother has been murder on a mugging all they have is each other. The last words their mother gave to them was to never pursue music and to make sure their identity stayed intact. Now antique collectors in New York City, Aria followed her mothe ...more
Nadine Bookaholic
8/3/2020 - Grab a FREE COPY of this this book here: https://bit.ly/2Dg8fVY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be prepared for the cliffhanger but don't let that turn you away from what looks to be another great series from Lisa Renee Jones.

This story is filled with secrets but we are gifted with a seductive journey on the route of uncovering them all. Aria's brother Gio is missing and she is determined to find him, she is following some clues that he's left behind and they le
Coco.V
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
Wow this story was absolutely amazing!

Secrets, legacy, duty, mystery, passion and desire provide the key ingredients in A Reckless Note, as Lisa Renee Jones deftly matches her expertly crafted, suspenseful-rich story with two wonderfully interesting characters and captivating romance. This book gripped me from the very beginning and didn't let me go. Aria and Kace brought the heat and I loved them together. Overall rating: 4.5 stars!❤️
Sawyer Bennett

AVAILABLE NOW! From New York Times Bestselling Author Lisa Renee Jones comes the first book in her seductively addictive Brilliance Trilogy: A RECKLESS NOTE!

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
I could not wait until The Brilliance Trilogy began. I was not disappointed one little bit even with the cliff-hanger. Figured I put that right out front … the queen of the cliff-hanger’s has struck again and leaves us hanging just as the meat of the story starts. I don’t blame her one bit … I blame Kace and Aria for being such an interesting and mysterious couple and the temptation her muses gave her to just keep us hanging.

Kace … I’m still not sure what to think of him. He is a seducer, has a
TMR
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lisa Renee Jones' Fans
Note: An ARC was provided generously by the author in exchange for an honest review.

This is the first book in the series. And note, there is a cliffhanger at the end, so a warning beforehand.

Moving along..

This novel is the epitome of music, romance, courtship, and steaminess and of course female and male friendships. Goddamn I loved every second of it. And surprisingly it's a mostly clean romance, by that, I mean not a lot of swearing. But still some adult content, so yeah.

I loved being in Ar
Penny
My feelings for this book are mixed. On the one hand I find the idea for the story really original but the plot, as it’s written, wasn’t that interesting for me. I mean, I definitely liked it, but I don’t think is something “Wow”. Yet, I couldn’t put this book down. I don’t know why but I was absolutely hooked.

The chemistry between the main characters was out of this world and their encounters were really hot… Kace (H) is possessive of Aria (h) but I can’t say that it bothered me as it usually d

Levie
1.5

You know that friend that only talks about one thing, and everything they see can be related back to said thing that’s causing them worry? Like the friend that was dumped 9 months ago and still can’t look at turkey sandwiches, or axe body spray, or Chevrons, or Cheetos hot fries, and/or a million other things without talking about the fact that they were dumped by the love of their life chad?

That is our heroine. Not about an ex named chad but just substitute him for her heritage and it’s bas
Rosa Sharon (iScream Book Blog)
"And somehow there is a sanctuary in two like souls haunted by demons of the same evil."

Okay...I know, it's a trilogy. That tells me to expect a cliffy. But I'm always still surprised when it happens. Trying and trying to get that last page to turn. Not ready for it to be over...

I'm a big fan of music-themed stories and I really enjoyed this one. The author teased me to within an inch of my life with all the exciting secrets and suspense. I'm sooooo curious! And Kace, lawdy, that man is so d
Evie Drae
Ahhhh!!! I should've paid more attention when picking this read, because cliffhangers drive me bananas—especially when the rest of the books in the series aren't going to be released until who knows how long from now because this book just came out! 😭

However, if I overlook the cliffhanger (which I absolutely will) and just focus on the story itself, this was a great and really fast read. A definite page-turner because the suspense aspect had me dying to know what was going on and what might come
Evie ✰
Originalllll
Ive never read about violinist but it was cool
cliff hangerrrrr
I would have read the next one but it's not even out yet :(

Overall, I reallly liked it :)
Patricia
Jul 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, arc
This one was short and sweet! Honestly, this book was quite amazing and it surprised me in a good way.

This book had it all; the drama, strained family relationship and a lot of passion! I loved reading about Kace and Aria, especially their witty comebacks and all their deep conversations.

FULL REVIEW POSTED ON MY BLOG

description
Laura Kaye

Alaina
Why hello you little audiobook you! What a gem!

A Reckless Note was beyond addicting to dive into. I think I just put it on my TBR when I saw that someone read the ARC. So when I saw that it was on audible.. guys, I freaked out. In it, you will meet Aria and Kace. Both have secrets and a past. Yet, they can't help but feel a pull towards one another.

So, guys, the romance was on fire. I adored it all and you could see that they were really starting to fall for one another. Or maybe that's just how
April Symes
Jun 23, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
A Reckless Note is Book 1 in the Brilliance series by Lisa Renee Jones. This is Kace and Aria's story.
Wow! What can I say without giving any of the story away? It's intense, exciting, captivating, intriguing , sizzling, dark, original, vibrant, dangerous; there are tons of secrets, twists and turns, many mysteries that can lead that one wrong one turn when one least expects...there is beautiful chemistry between Aria and Kace. Expect fireworks, passion, secrets, twists, chemistry and more!! Thi
Lily
2.5-3 stars

Her paranoia is on the level of absurd. It quickly became annoying. She thinks that if she even talks about violin, or Italy, or music in general everybody will know that she is a Stradivari. And that's coming from a woman who DIDN'T EVEN CHANGE HER FIRST NAME. WHY?????? It's not a common name. If anyone would've found out your secret it's not because you like listening to music or know how a violin looks like - it's because YOU HAVE THE SAME NAME, you idiot. She also has a brother wh
Janey
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Binge read mode on & this one didn’t disappoint.
Following Kace & Aria as they navigate all things collectible, batting of the haters, whilst experiencing insane attraction to one another. Lisa RJ is a queen at this.
Carvanz
What an amazing beginning to this new trilogy!!! I loved everything about this book!

Delta Children's Home Annual Auction — Fox Radio Network

Aria is a heroine who I connected with immediately although I couldn’t tell you why. Her character was just written in such a manner that she felt real. I empathized with her struggles and was drawn into her family’s past while curious to know more.

We never get Kace’s point of view, and while I missed it a time or two, it was simply because I’m used to having the hero’s POV. The lack of it did not hinder the sto
Shirley
Jun 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 - 5 stars....

I'm going to apologize in advance for the vagueness of this review. Mostly because I absolutely refuse to give any spoilers and so much happens, so many little secrets are revealed along the way that I don't want to take a chance on giving anything away. *sigh*

This book is told from Aria's POV and as much as I love stories that are told from alternating POVs, there's a reason for not getting inside Kace's head. Aria doesn't reveal her secrets, even to the reader, right away. She
Lynn Raye Harris

Michele
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: priority, con-rom, 0620
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars
See the full review at HarlequinJunkie

Leave it to Lisa Renee Jones to incorporate music and mystery into a sensual romance–and to do so in a way that will leave you breathless. A Reckless Note, book one in her exciting new Brilliance Trilogy, had all of the passion, drama, and plot twists I crave in Jones’s novels.

What a compelling novel! Having read several of her books already, I certainly expect a lot from LRJ’s romances. But A Reckless Note honestly took things up a n
Behind Closed Doors Book Review
Amount of sex 3.5 / 5
How explicit are the sex scenes 4 / 5
Story 5 / 5
Overall: 5 / 5

OMG! Another fabulous story from author Lisa Renee Jones!

A Reckless Note is the first book in the Brilliance Trilogy series, and I was completely captivated from the very first page. I seriously couldn’t turn the pages fast enough, although, at the same time, I longed for the pages to never end. But, boy did that cliffhanger hurt!

A Reckless Note tells the story of Aria Alard and Kace August. Aria procures expens
EpicRomanceReviews
❤~🌟~❤ 4.5 BRILLIANT STARS! ❤~🌟~❤

“A reckless note can change everything…”

Lisa Renee Jones’ brand-new Brilliance Trilogy is off to DAZZLING start! Brimming with sizzling hot romance and pulse pounding mystery and intrigue, A RECKLESS NOTE left me enthralled!

PREMISE:
This story revolves around woman of mystery and dangerously sexy rock violinist whose worlds collide amid a high stakes backdrop of glitz, glamour, passion and peril!

Aria Alard runs Accent Collectibles and earns her livelihood fr

• The Billionaire's Fake Fiancée (Billionaires of Manhattan #4)
  • My Sinful Nights (Sinful Men, #1)
  • The Decadent Gift (The Gift #3)
  • Tony (Bossy Brothers, #6)
  • Hood River Rat (Hood River Hoodlums, #1)
  • Man in Charge (Man in Charge Duet, #1)
  • Wildfire (Men of Inked: Heatwave, #3)
  • Man in Love (Man in Charge Duet, #2)
  • Unforgettable (Cloverleigh Farms, #5)
  • Flame (Men of Inked: Heatwave, #1)
  • Crowned by Hate (Crowned #1)
  • Spellwood Academy
  • The Night Firm
  • Burn (Men of Inked: Heatwave, #2)
  • Reckless Memories (Wrecked, #1)
  • My Fallen Saint  (Fallen Saint, #1)
  • P.S. It's Always Been You (Always Satisfied, #4)
  • Queen Move
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Lisa Renee Jones is the author of the highly acclaimed INSIDE OUT series. Suzanne Todd (producer of Alice in Wonderland) on the INSIDE OUT series: Lisa has created a beautiful, complicated, and sensual world that is filled with intrigue and suspense. Sara’s character is strong, flawed, complex, and sexy - a modern girl we all can identify with.

In add

Brilliance Trilogy (3 books)
  • A Wicked Song (Brilliance Trilogy #2)
  • A Sinful Encore (Brilliance Trilogy #3)