Start by marking “Miles Ahead (The La Jolla Series, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Miles Ahead (The La Jolla Series, #1.5)

Miles Ahead

(La Jolla Series)

Nice guys finish last.
At least that’s how I feel when I watch my ex-girlfriend marry someone else.
But when I’m showing a prime piece of real estate and in walks the most gorgeous woman I’ve ever seen, I don’t really think about nice or my ex or anything but how to get to know her better.
Cort Sellers has baggage of her own—secrets she’s not ready to reveal, and a caree
Published November 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Miles Ahead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miles Ahead

Start your review of Miles Ahead (The La Jolla Series, #1.5)
Christy
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-four-stars
4 stars

photo IMG_5110_zpsajic0kbd.png

Miles Ahead is Miles Stark’s story. Miles is one of the secondary characters in 5,331 Miles, and I was excited to get this novella about him. He was a sweet guy and deserved his happy.

Everyone wants a bad boy, but Miles Stark has always been the nice guy. You know the saying ‘Nice Guys Finish Last’- he feels that deep. When he meets Cort Sellers he has no idea she is a celebrity. He has an instant attraction to her, but he’s just her real-estate agent and doesn't see it going anywhere. Cort is going
Katie
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a great continuation to Miles. He is such a nice guy and deserves everything. I loved him and Cort together. Such a sweet story!!
Flo Grugel
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh I just loved reading all about Miles' HEA.
Great spin off!
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 5 Stars ~

If you have read 5,331 Miles by Willow Aster than you have met Miles and probably fallen in love with him just like me.

I was so excited to hear that Willow was going to write a HEA for Miles. I loved his character in 5,331 Miles and I loved him in this story too.

Miles Ahead could be considered a standalone novella. I don’t think you have to read the first book but I would highly recommend it. This story i/>~
Anastasia
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Miles is a character we got introduced to in in 5,331 Miles. I’m so excited that Willow wrote his story. Everyone deserves happiness. The way Willow Aster writes is amazing, the detail, the description…just breathtaking.

This book was written in both the character’s POV. From the beginning Cort was hiding from something and it had me trying to figure out what it was from the beginning. When we found out I was amazed that Willow had written about hot topics that are in the news today. It was grea
MJ
Shelves: 2019-books, arc
I am beyond happy Willow Aster decided to give Miles his own kind of happy after his heart was broken in 5,331 Miles. He stood out for me in that book as a true stand-up guy and despite his dislike for the word 'nice' he truly is that and so much more. And thankfully one Cort Sellers sees the real man that he is and not just the agent who sells her the house of her dreams.

From the start, these two have a subtle kind of heat between them that only gets stronger as they become running
Konny
Nov 15, 2019 added it
Miles Ahead by Willow Aster is the spin-off to her 5331 Miles novel. I loved this book so much, I simply had to get this one too.
Blurb:
Nice guys finish last.
At least that’s how I feel when I watch my ex-girlfriend marry someone else.
Cort Sellers has baggage of her own—secrets she
Novel Grounds
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing

This Novella was the SWEETEST. I LOVED the first novel in this world and I needed this book. I didn't know I did, but I did.

This story is Cort and Miles. You don't know Cort yet, but she is everything you don't know you need.

This story has so much packed into it and yet it doesn't feel rushed or too short. It is exactly what you need it to be.

These are two people who didn't know their lives had a hole until someone showed up and filled it.

This book packs a much though. It brings a lot of current world issues into the
Valerie
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My heart absolutely hurt for Miles throughout 5,331 Miles because while I loved Jackson, there was just something about Miles that I couldn’t let go of. So when I heard about this novella, I just knew all would turn out well for him cause what I love about novellas is that they are short and sweet, and you know that there WILL be a happily ever after at the end. With only a tiny bit of angst, this short story grasped me by the heart strings from the moment Miles and Court meet right to the very ...more
Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
This is Miles Stark’s so deserved HEA!

I loved the way Miles and Cort fell in love and how fierce he is when he loves someone deeply as he loves Cort.
He protected and respected her since the start, showing how loyal he is.
Cort is in a bad place. She's an actress and struggling with some personal problems in the industry. The #metoo movement is one of the subjects in this book.
Together they discover unconditional love!

I also loved Mira and Jaxson in this b
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I am a huge fan of Willow, and I love her newsletter stories and I was so happy to see Miles get his HEA. While I didn’t love him in 5,331 miles, he really grew on me this book. It does prove to me that when he does love, he loves fiercely. It was nice to get a glimpse of Mira and Jaxson as well. This was a cute novella that had some hard hitting issues and in the end it shows us love is stronger than anything else.
Katie (Leave Me Alone I Am Reading)
Daniele
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Miles happy ever after is just everything. Miles and Cory story will capture your heart so. There is such an intensity that you will not be able to put it down, I wasn’t able too.
Kalie Phillips
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, favorites
Loved it loved it loved it.

*review to come*
Messy Bun Book Blog
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited when I found out Miles was getting a book and it did not disappoint!! Miles and Court's story was everything I wanted it to be! Perfect HEA for Miles! LOVED!!!
Layne
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We were first introduced to Miles in the book 5,331 Miles, but at the end of that story, it felt like there was so much more in store for him. He was unfinished and he deserved a happy ending. This novella was the perfect conclusion to the story. I especially loved the return of Jaxson & Mira. It felt like a reunion with friends.

*ARC generously provided by author in exchange for an honest review
Jessica
Nov 18, 2019
Lynne Johnson
Nov 19, 2019
Sandy Blushing Babes Are Up All Night
**4.75**

Have you read read 5,331 Miles? Well that’s your first mistake. Not that you wouldn’t enjoy Miles Ahead anyway but it will certainly enrich your perspective. We originally meet Miles Stark as a secondary characters in 5,331 Miles. Truth is I was crushing a little on him and was glad to have this novella to get to know him a little better.

Cory Sellers is famous, drop dead gorgeous and carrying HUGE emotional baggage. Miles Stark is immediately interested but she’s
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
‘Miles Ahead’, by Willow Aster, is book 1.5 in the La Jolla series and is a novella featuring the character Miles from ‘5,331 Miles’. I truly enjoyed reading this novella. It is another home run for Willow Aster!

The story starts where ‘5,331 Miles’ ended, but from Miles’ perspective; he is watching his ex-girlfriend, whom he is still in love with, marry another man. For Miles, this just proves that nice guys finish last. The story then jumps two years when Miles meets Cort, and their lives a tu
Book Break  With Lisa
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Willow has easily become one of my favorite authors. Getting lost in her stories is one of my favorite pastimes! After 5,331 miles I knew Miles ahead would not disappoint!

Miles was a secondary character that didn’t get the girl in the first book! I loved Miles and Cort together! Cort totally deserved a good guy like Miles and Miles deserved to find his true love!

I loved the way this story flowed and I am in love with Silas and Ivy!!!! I’m am praying that sometime in the future we may get to se
Mom Seeks Smut
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Miles Ahead is a novella from the authors book 5,331 Miles, however can be read as a stand-alone. It follows Miles from book 1 to get his HEA.

This sweet little book gave me just what I wanted for Miles. He meets our heroine a Hollywood actress and it’s insta-love. It was a sweet, swoony, toe curling love story for our hero that he absolutely deserved and I are up every delectable bite.
S
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Miles was one of the secondary characters in 5331 miles and this novella is his and Cort’s story . It was sweet and engaging and a beautiful continuation of the series. I felt bad for Miles in the previous book because he was a good guy so it was nice finally seeing him getting his happily ever after. If you have read 5331 Miles than this is a must read.
Linda
Nancy Luebke
Savita
Rachell
Nov 06, 2019
Willow Aster is the author of True Love Story, In the Fields, Maybe Maby, Fade to Red, Lilith, and 5,331 Miles. She is also half of the Fisher & Aster writing duo of The End of Men series.

Writing is the ultimate escape ... I love it and hate it and can't live without it. My home is in St. Paul, MN with my husband, two kids, and our rescue dog.

Join me on my website: http://www.willowaster.com/

La Jolla Series (2 books)
  • 5,331 Miles (The La Jolla Series, #1)