Start by marking “Miles Ahead (The La Jolla Series, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Miles Ahead (The La Jolla Series, #1.5)

Miles Ahead

(La Jolla)

Nice guys finish last.
At least that’s how I feel when I watch my ex-girlfriend marry someone else.
But when I’m showing a prime piece of real estate and in walks the most gorgeous woman I’ve ever seen, I don’t really think about nice or my ex or anything but how to get to know her better.
Cort Sellers has baggage of her own—secrets she’s not ready to reveal, and a career th
Published November 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Miles Ahead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miles Ahead

Start your review of Miles Ahead (The La Jolla Series, #1.5)
Christy
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-four-stars
4 stars

photo IMG_5110_zpsajic0kbd.png

Miles Ahead is Miles Stark’s story. Miles is one of the secondary characters in 5,331 Miles, and I was excited to get this novella about him. He was a sweet guy and deserved his happy.

Everyone wants a bad boy, but Miles Stark has always been the nice guy. You know the saying ‘Nice Guys Finish Last’- he feels that deep. When he meets Cort Sellers he has no idea she is a celebrity. He has an instant attraction to her, but he’s just her real-estate agent and doesn't see it going anywhe
Stacie
Dec 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 "Yay for Miles" Stars!

Really, yay for Miles. He deserved his HEA. Because he's such a "nice" guy. 🥰 Happy reading!
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 5 Stars ~

If you have read 5,331 Miles by Willow Aster than you have met Miles and probably fallen in love with him just like me.

I was so excited to hear that Willow was going to write a HEA for Miles. I loved his character in 5,331 Miles and I loved him in this story too.

Miles Ahead could be considered a standalone novella. I don’t think you have to read the first book but I would highly recommend it. This story is told in Dual POV and actually touch
Amy
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
In this sweet--and delightfully spicy!--novella, Willow Aster does what she needs to do: she gets straight to the story, doesn't drag out the melodrama, and treats you to some steamy romance.

We met Miles Stark in 5,331 Miles, when he did not get the girl. Thankfully, Willow Aster knew just the woman he needs, and she delivers her in Cort Sellers, an actress trying to hide from troubles that follow her, thanks to a lawsuit she levied against a former coworker. That particular plotline is well do
Mari
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I didn't quite read the original book for this but it's no biggie. Miles had huge heartbreak with the girl he loved married someone else. Now his new client unbeknownst to him is a actress. A retired one. Cort's got a similar issue to a current event, sexual abuse in Hollywood. She's now watching her back. They become fast friends and the attraction is there quite fast I think. But it's a short story so it's fine.

Miles is the a good example of nice guys finish first. He might think being nice is
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
‘Miles Ahead’, by Willow Aster, is book 1.5 in the La Jolla series and is a novella featuring the character Miles from ‘5,331 Miles’. I truly enjoyed reading this novella. It is another home run for Willow Aster!

The story starts where ‘5,331 Miles’ ended, but from Miles’ perspective; he is watching his ex-girlfriend, whom he is still in love with, marry another man. For Miles, this just proves that nice guys finish last. The story then jumps two years when Miles meets Cort, and their lives a tu
Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
This is Miles Stark’s so deserved HEA!

I loved the way Miles and Cort fell in love and how fierce he is when he loves someone deeply as he loves Cort.
He protected and respected her since the start, showing how loyal he is.
Cort is in a bad place. She's an actress and struggling with some personal problems in the industry. The #metoo movement is one of the subjects in this book.
Together they discover unconditional love!

I also loved Mira and Jaxson in this book and the hints Willow gives us for the
Denise
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars

I was so happy to hear that Miles from 5,331 Miles was going to get a short story to his HEA. The story did feel a bit rushed, but I knew going in it was novella and that is usually the feeling with the shorter books. I still loved Miles' character and was so happy he received his HEA and Cort was a great character for him. The epilogues...loved them.
Katie
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a great continuation to Miles. He is such a nice guy and deserves everything. I loved him and Cort together. Such a sweet story!!
Kalie Phillips
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favs-of-2019, 2019
Each month I *impatiently* await Willow’s newsletter, because well duh I love her but also because of the stories she includes in them!

Just like with 5,331 Miles, I greedily ate up each piece of this story with each newsletter, and when the final piece ended up in my email I couldn’t wait to see if Miles would get the happily ever after he deserved! I have had a huge crush on Miles since his introduction in 5,331 Miles. While I was definitely rooting for Jax and Mira, I was still so sad for Mile
Nov 21, 2019 rated it liked it
I’m going to be straight up with you. I read 5,331 Miles when it first came out and loved it, but I’ve read SO many books between that one and this, I didn’t remember Miles at all. Thankfully Miles Ahead is written in such a way that I didn’t feel like I was missing anything but not rereading 5,331 Miles first. It may be a spinoff novella, but it is easily read as a standalone.

As someone who has experienced the ‘when you know, you know’ phenomenon, I loved Miles and Cort’s love story. They had a
Flo
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to see that Miles was getting his story and Willow Aster didn't disappoint!
Sweet, easy read with a hea.
Perfect addition five stars!
Amy Dickinson
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Overall Grade: ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Willow Aster has released her published version of her newsletter story, Miles Ahead. This is a novella inspired by Miles Stark, the spurned character from Aster’s 5,331 Miles. In this tale, Miles finally finds his happy ending in a way that is inspiring and sweet. Miles Ahead is an endearing little nugget of a story about resilience.

Miles is a real estate agent, still mourning his unrealized relationship with Mirabelle. This story begins with his attendance at her and Jax
Norma
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is book 1.5 of the La Jolla Series and focuses on Miles and Cort. Miles was introduced in 5,331 Miles as the other guy fighting for Mira’s affection. Ultimately she chose the other guy and Miles isn’t sure he will ever get over her.

The beginning of Miles Ahead is with Miles watching the wedding of Mira and Jaxson from the shadows of the beach where they are exchanging their vows.

Two years later, fate gives Miles another chance at love when he meets Cort during a walk through of a mansion he
Anastasia
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Miles is a character we got introduced to in in 5,331 Miles. I’m so excited that Willow wrote his story. Everyone deserves happiness. The way Willow Aster writes is amazing, the detail, the description…just breathtaking.

This book was written in both the character’s POV. From the beginning Cort was hiding from something and it had me trying to figure out what it was from the beginning. When we found out I was amazed that Willow had written about hot topics that are in the news today. It was grea
Jennifer Paiva
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Miles Ahead By: Willow Aster
****ARC GENEROUSLY PROVIDED BY AUTHOR ****

Miles Ahead by Willow Aster, is book 1.5 in the La Jolla series, a novella featuring Miles from the 5331 Miles book one.

Miles Ahead picks up where 5331 Miles ended and tells Miles story a secondary character from book one.

I was hoping to read Miles Stark’s story and I’m so happy Willow gave us this opportunity to experience a nice beautiful love story. Miles was a “good guy” and reading about him getting his happy ever after
MJ
Shelves: 2019-books, arc
I am beyond happy Willow Aster decided to give Miles his own kind of happy after his heart was broken in 5,331 Miles. He stood out for me in that book as a true stand-up guy and despite his dislike for the word 'nice' he truly is that and so much more. And thankfully one Cort Sellers sees the real man that he is and not just the agent who sells her the house of her dreams.

From the start, these two have a subtle kind of heat between them that only gets stronger as they become running buddies. It
Sandy
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**4.75**

Have you read read 5,331 Miles? Well that’s your first mistake. Not that you wouldn’t enjoy Miles Ahead anyway but it will certainly enrich your perspective. We originally meet Miles Stark as a secondary characters in 5,331 Miles. Truth is I was crushing a little on him and was glad to have this novella to get to know him a little better.

Cory Sellers is famous, drop dead gorgeous and carrying HUGE emotional baggage. Miles Stark is immediately interested but she’s way out of his league. H
Novel Grounds
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing

This Novella was the SWEETEST. I LOVED the first novel in this world and I needed this book. I didn't know I did, but I did.

This story is Cort and Miles. You don't know Cort yet, but she is everything you don't know you need.

This story has so much packed into it and yet it doesn't feel rushed or too short. It is exactly what you need it to be.

These are two people who didn't know their lives had a hole until someone showed up and filled it.

This book packs a much though. It brings a lot of curre
Valerie
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My heart absolutely hurt for Miles throughout 5,331 Miles because while I loved Jackson, there was just something about Miles that I couldn’t let go of. So when I heard about this novella, I just knew all would turn out well for him cause what I love about novellas is that they are short and sweet, and you know that there WILL be a happily ever after at the end. With only a tiny bit of angst, this short story grasped me by the heart strings from the moment Miles and Court meet right to the very ...more
Book Break  With Lisa
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read-2019, arc
Willow has easily become one of my favorite authors. Getting lost in her stories is one of my favorite pastimes! After 5,331 miles I knew Miles ahead would not disappoint!

Miles was a secondary character that didn’t get the girl in the first book! I loved Miles and Cort together! Cort totally deserved a good guy like Miles and Miles deserved to find his true love!

I loved the way this story flowed and I am in love with Silas and Ivy!!!! I’m am praying that sometime in the future we may get to se
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
I couldn't wait to read this Novella because after reading about Miles in the first book I wanted him to get his HEA. See Miles is your average guy who goes through life thinking he is the nice guy and he will not get anyone good enough for him.

That all changes when he is showing a home to a woman who is drop dead gorgeous and she has caught his eye. The two have a world wind romance and share everything together. What I loved most about this was seeing Cort go through her changes and open up to
ReadingTilTheBreakOfDawn
I'm going to keep this review short and sweet, just like this book.
Definitely wanted more of the characters, but what I got of them was definitely sweet and cute and I adored them. I think they could have more than a novella, but they got their HEA and that's what counts.
The main male character, Miles is from a previous book, but I don't think you have to read that book to enjoy this novella.
Since this book is short, I don't have much to say. It was cute. It was sweet. And I enjoyed the main ch
A Hopeless Romantic's Booklandia
While this is a short little novella following one of the characters from Willow Aster’s first book in the The La Jolla series, it could definitely be read on its own.

So being a novella means the author has to get down to business quick, which means the ultimate kiss of death for me, insta love. Nothing makes me DNF a book faster than that. However, since I LOVE this author, I pushed on.

This book could have been amazing if it was a bit longer. However, I did like it in the end, it was just a tid
Maria Angie Mendoza
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Heartfelt, passionate, insta-love romance that offers us the story of one of the secondary characters in 5,331 Miles.
However, it can be read as a standalone as it evolves 2 years after 5,331 miles.
Miles and Cort meet and while sparks fly and you can feel they deserve their happily ever after, life is not that simple. Cort’s painful past comes back to haunt her.
You’ll have to read and find out what happens.
I really enjoyed how their story developed, and I would have liked it a little longer.
Juliana Ignácio
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Miles Ahead is a quick and fun read, but has a serious subject that has been on the rise lately.
When Miles was heartbroken at 5,331 Miles, I hoped he would find his happy ending and this story didn't disappoint.
When Cort Sellers appears before Miles, he has no thoughts about his ex and being nice, he just wants to know her better.
They both have an immediate connection and try to ignore it to protect themselves, but neither can resist their attraction. And Miles will do everything to win her hear
Kylie
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Miles Ahead is a novella follow 5331 Miles, by Willow Aster.

This book is cute, but cliche and I feel like it’s a story line I’ve read a dozen times over.

That being said, I did really love Alex. He’s my favorite. I’m not going to tell you why because that’s a huge spoiler.

I would recommend reading this book as close to 5331 Miles as possible, as I was struggling to connect the pieces between the two.

If you’re looking for a quick, whirlwind romance read, Miles Ahead is definitely for you.
Savita
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best novella ever!!!! Miles.deserved his own HEA and Willow.delivered! 5 shining.stars!!!

I love.all.of Willow .Aster stories. Her.characters take over your heart, life, mind = she writes with passion and humor and I find myself on a rollercoaster of emotions in each story she crafts. I loved Mi!es from 5,331 Miles and was wishing for his HEA! This is.a.Must.Read.for.all Miles.fans! He is giving her other hero's some competition! This gem is a perfect gift for.the.holidays!!!!

Konny
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Miles Ahead by Willow Aster is the spin-off to her 5331 Miles novel. I loved this book so much, I simply had to get this one too.
Blurb:
Nice guys finish last.
At least that’s how I feel when I watch my ex-girlfriend marry someone else.
Cort Sellers has baggage of her own—secrets she’s not ready to reveal, and a
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I am a huge fan of Willow, and I love her newsletter stories and I was so happy to see Miles get his HEA. While I didn’t love him in 5,331 miles, he really grew on me this book. It does prove to me that when he does love, he loves fiercely. It was nice to get a glimpse of Mira and Jaxson as well. This was a cute novella that had some hard hitting issues and in the end it shows us love is stronger than anything else.

• Nevermore
  • I See You  (Criminal Profiler #4)
  • Forever, Jack (Butler Cove, #2)
  • I'm Yours
  • The House
  • The Daughters of Temperance Hobbs (The Physick Book, #2)
  • Finding Perfect (Hopeless #2.6)
  • Eversea (Butler Cove, #1)
  • Twisted Circles (Secret Society, #2)
  • Half Truths (Secret Society, #1)
  • Right Next Door
  • The Sinful King (Naughty Royals, #1)
  • Breaking You (Blackthorn Elite #2)
  • The Bluff (Calamity Montana, #2)
  • The Indigo Girl
  • Landon & Shay: Part Two (L&S Duet, #2)
  • Manhattan (Becker Bothers, #3)
  • The Setup (A Bro Code Standalone)
Willow Aster is the author of USA Today Bestseller True Love Story, In the Fields, Maybe Maby, Fade to Red, Lilith, and 5,331 Miles, Miles Ahead, and the Kingdoms of Sin series. She is half of the Fisher & Aster writing duo of The End of Men series. And half of the upcoming G.D. Taylors series with Laura Pavlov.

Writing is the ultimate escape ... I love it and can't live without it. My home is in S

La Jolla (2 books)
  • 5,331 Miles (The La Jolla Series, #1)

News & Interviews

Jordan Morris is a comedy writer and podcaster whose credits include @Midnight, Unikitty! and Earth to Ned.  The sci-fi comedy Bubble is his...