Start by marking “Power Lies” as Want to Read:
Power Lies

Power Lies

Power Lies is a captivating thriller about power lines that kill and a corrupt industry that knows it. Follow Sterling Barrington, Public Relations Vice President for The Franklin Energy Institute, as she investigates this cover-up from within the bowels of the beast. The Institute’s archives lead Barrington to a retiree ready to reveal the industry’s lies. But he ends up ...more
Published December 10th 2019 by Elite Online Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Power Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Power Lies

Start your review of Power Lies
Amber Slagle
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I liked about this book is that it is fast paced and has a very different plot line. I found it interesting to hear about EMFs from power lines cause cancer among other ailments. I do think it would have been better to go into a little more detail on the EMFs since people are killing people over the proposed energy bill in the book.

Also, I loved that the book was fast paced, however, it seemed to cut corners and depth just to hurry up and finish the book.

I liked the wittiness of the book,
Hana Correa
Jul 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
So this story definitely fits into a novella box. At less than a hundred pages it is packed with a lot of storyline in a small box. Since there isn’t much space to waste there is a lot of fast paced action contained in the pages. The plot is intriguing, I almost wish the story were expanded so that we could explore the characters more and understand their motivations. If we lose anything in the fact that the story is a short one, it is that the there is a rushed nature to the story. Without the ...more
Heather W
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Power Lies is a compelling thriller about power lines that kill.

The main character, Sterling Barrington, is well developed, strong, and intelligent. The storyline is well written and compelling, engaging my interest from the start and keeping me on the edge of my seat throughout, with coverups, murder, lies, deception, danger, corruption, suspense, and intrigue.

I read and reviewed this book with no obligation.
Ever Leigh
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This novel is unlike anything I have read recently. I think that it is a great testament to the imagination of a writer that I can say that. This novel really kept me on my toes as far as expecting the unexpected.

There is something about a thriller about something that is so possible in real life that just gives me the chills and makes me think of what could happen at any time.

I think that J.L. Phillips really manages to shine light on to the characters throughout.
Gina Stamper
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a mystery at its best. It will make you want to cuddle up for a while and get lost in the story and mystery that J.L. Phillips has created.

I feel like I connected right off the bat to both the character and the plot and that really helped me get invested in the story.

The cover is wonderfully done to be simple, yet depict what the story is about.

Such a unique premise and it was very well executed. Don’t miss this one!
Truly Trendy PR
Power Lies is an intriguing story that grabs your attention and keeps you on the edge of your seat. A story with well-written characters and a story that is full of unexpected twists and turns. *I received a complimentary copy from RABT Book Tours and the author in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.*
Maggie Mae
Power Lies is an intriguing mystery thriller that pulls you in and holds your attention that will keep you on the edge of your seat. The characters are well written with a story line that keeps you second-guessing until the very end. *I received a complimentary copy from RABT Book Tours and the author in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.*
Heather Bane
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a good story. My attention was pulled in from the beginning and kept throughout. I found the book well written and developed. I definitely recommend reading.

Jennifer Foster

• The Lost Train
  • DIANA The Voice of Change
  • Outpost Gypsy Tree: The North Portal
  • Counting on Trust: A Novel About Theft of Research, Loving Sex, and Murder
  • Struggle Bus: The Van. The Myth. The Legend.
  • The Decisions We Make: How Our Decisions Produce Success in Our Lives
  • Termination Shock (Interstellar Enforcement Agency, #1)
  • The Wrath of Leviathan
  • A Call from Above
  • Deadly Roses
  • Comanche
  • One Little Lie (The Pelican Harbor, #1)
  • The Gallery of Stolen Souls
  • Catastrophes and Heroes: True Stories of Man-Made Disasters
Jana Laird Phillips is a native Texan, who has lived and worked in Dallas, Washington DC and Houston. She is a BBA graduate of Baylor University with a double major in Marketing and Journalism. Ms. Phillips worked in the Energy Industry for several years, and has numerous articles published in Energy trade journals. She is currently the publisher/owner of an online magazine, www.houstonhipandhaute ...more

News & Interviews