Start by marking “A Touch of Darkness (Hades & Persephone #1)” as Want to Read:
A Touch of Darkness (Hades & Persephone #1)

A Touch of Darkness

(Hades & Persephone #1)

Persephone is the Goddess of Spring by title only. The truth is, since she was a little girl, flowers have shriveled at her touch. After moving to New Athens, she hopes to lead an unassuming life disguised as a mortal journalist.

Hades, God of the Dead, has built a gambling empire in the mortal world and his favorite bets are rumored to be impossible.

After a chance encoun
Published (first published May 25th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about A Touch of Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Touch of Darkness

Start your review of A Touch of Darkness (Hades & Persephone #1)
tabassum
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read for romance lovers!

When I came across this book I loved the concept! I downloaded immediately and then couldn’t bring myself to read it. I love the myth of Hades and Persephone and the one other retelling I’ve read was amazing! I wanted to love this book too and that made it hard to start!

After finishing it I can safely say OMG because this. Was. Brilliant! It was extremely well written even if there were a few typos and the plot was fantastic. When I realised that Hades and Persep
Samantha
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I DEVOURED THIS! Such an amazing book!
Celeena
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mythology
Incredible, unique, engaging, swallow you whole-cant put it down-butterflies in your stomach kind of story! Literally so good.

Mythology is one of my favorite genres of all time so the two sides of the coin are usually "good characterization, interesting, good story" and "trope-y, movie plot-y, doesn't do the Gods justice" and this is definitely the first kind!

Seriously I can't get over it!

100% worth the read for myth fans, romance fans, or just any book lover
Grey homack
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tantalizingly beautiful

This is a beautifully crafted coming of age story that is full of love and mystery. It is an engaging read and has just the right amount of romance. 10/10 would recommend this book and any others by the lovely Scarlett St. Clair.
Tiffany S
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Retelling at it’s best!

This was a great read! Such a fun modern retelling that never felt like it i had read it before even though i did recognize the stories and themes from the original myth. I loved the world building! The passion and chemistry was so achingly perfect!
Scarlett Clair
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
The ATOD paperback is now available! https://www.amazon.com/dp/1070723312/...

You can get ATOD on Amazon NOW! https://www.amazon.com/Touch-Darkness...

If you would like to help reveal the cover for ATOD, please sign up here: http://xpressobooktours.com/2019/01/3...

I can't wait to share this book!
Updates to come.
Butthisbook
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LOVED IT!!
Booknerdingout
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Touch Of Darkness was a fantastic retelling.
Dark and intense. The chemistry between Persephone and Hades was absolutely delicious.

"He was temptation she wanted to indulge. He was a sin she wanted to commit."

HOLY CRAP, SAME! Hades was sinful af. I couldn't get enough of him.
I devoured this book in one sitting.

I can't wait for the next book.
Leanne
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy Hades!
I was not expecting this book to be this good. (Sorry Scarlett!)
I love Greek mythology and for that very reason I tend to shy away from these reworked tales because they bug me. BUT A Touch of Darkness is a different kettle of fish.
I was swept up and carried by this story and the imagery. The world building and character development was blindingly beautiful.
I truly adored how we saw Persephone grow as a result of finding her freedom and letting herself trust th
Cassie May
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Blog
I can honestly say that this book is going to be one of my favorite reads in 2019. It was THAT good. Seriously, I don’t care if you like Paranormal, or Greek Mythology, or Romance. READ. THIS. BOOK. Okay, now that I got that off my chest, I have reasons for you… First and foremost, the world building. I love, love, love the idea of how the Gods look like. Their uniqueness mostly hidden by glamour was awesome! It was a great idea of the author!
Leelynn (Sometimes Leelynn Reads) ❤
Disclaimer: I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you to Scarlett St. Clair and RockStar Book Tours for this free copy.

Okay, how did I get lucky enough to have the opportunity to review TWO modern Greek mythology retellings almost in a row? I feel like I’m Cloud 9 right now or something. It’s great. And honestly, I haven’t had a lot of Persephone/Hades retellings that I’ve come across that are also modern retellings, so I was extr
Jessica
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"My dear you are at war with yourself. It has created darkness within you." "Darkness?" "Anger, fear, resentment," Hecate said. "If you do not free yourself first,no one else can."

Persephone is the Goddess of Spring- except she doesn't have any powers. Because of this, she has chosen to live life as a mortal going to school and even getting an internship at a newspaper as a journalist. Even though she is living out on her own she is still under her mothers strict thumb. And she is ju
Stephanie - Adventures Thru Wonderland
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Mythology, Greek Mythology, Paranormal/Fantasy Romance readers, ACOTAR fans
I actually was on the blog tour, and read a sample (5ish chapters) there, but I was burning to read this before that, and I grabbed a copy on release day, despite knowing an ARC was heading my way. SO...if that doesn't say how much I loved this one, I guess I'll have to add some details... XD

I wasn't instantly a fan of Persephone, I liked her, but she didn't stand out. Which is the point. She's normal, ordinary, powerless...but is she? As soon as she entered Nevernight, I could feel
Paige Green
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: I received this book from the publisher. Thanks! All opinions are my own.

Author: Scarlett St. Clair

Book Series: Standalone

Rating: 4/5

Publication Date: May 25, 2019

Recommended Age: 17+ (romance ewww lol)

Synopsis: Persephone is the Goddess of Spring by title only. The truth is, since she was a little girl, flowers have shriveled at her touch. After moving to New Athens, she hopes to lead an unassuming life disguise
Jethplain
Respect could build an empire. Trust could make it unbreakable. Love could make it last forever.

I'm reading this webtoon called Lore of Olympus and I like it so I decided to look up books about retellings on Persephone and Hades and that's how I stumbled on this one!

A goddess of spring who can't seem to grow anything, Persephone longs for freedom and to be able to be herself. She's in New Athens, is a graduating college student majoring in Journalism and has an internship with a news agency
Brittany
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an amazing retelling of Hades and Persephone! I’m in love with their story and how Scarlett St. Clair has portrayed all the characters without straying too far from the original myths. Hades is the misunderstood God of the Underworld with a bad boy persona but a heart of gold where it matters. Persephone of course is the Goddess of Spring who just wants to be free from the constraints of a powerless immortal under her mother’s thumb.

Hades and Persephone clash at first, but that clash of
Kat
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know too much of Hades and Greek Mythology in general, but I really enjoyed this book anyways!

It seems to be a dark, well-researched story that is well-written featuring an array of characters. There is even a romance for if you haven't been sold yet.

It was an overall great read, and I gave it 3 out of 5 stars. There is a great world inside these pages, so I would recommend this one for readers who love historical plots with fantasy twists and romantic turns.
Ani Bari
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love a good alternative Myth story and this one did not disappointment me. I immediately fell in Love with Persephone and fell in Lust with Haedes. A tale of hearsay and truth, the battle between what you are told and what you experience. Through out this book you are rooting for them to have a HEA. So many moments clutch at your heartstrings and so many more set you on fire.

I rarely get the hard copy of a book anymore but I would love to have this in Hardcover for my library!
Kamila (kamilacanread)
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I saw "Hades and Persephone" and I was automatically sold. This book is all of my favorite things, fantastical, romantic, and on the darker side of fantasies. With that being said, it could have been darker but that is just personal preference. I also loved the modern touch on Greek mythology, it was a lot of fun. I totally recommend this book, I practically finished in one sitting! I cannot wait for the next one.
Jena Blancard
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loooove stories about Persephone and Hades! I saw snippets of this story on Pinterest and I couldn't wait for it to be published. There's a raw darkness in this story but it's beautiful. I loved everything from the drama, the world building, the variety of mythology involved and of course the romance. There's twists and turns and just not enough praise can be said for how much I enjoyed this book. I was done in one sitting because I couldn't stop reading. I'm so excited for the next book!
Elizabeth
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great retelling of a classic tale

The world Scarlett creates is descriptive, but not overly so. There are enough details to paint a picture, but not so much as to become bogged down. The relationships between characters is both modern and classic, giving the perfect balance of an ancient tale told in modern times.
Cate
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a brilliant re-imagine of Hades and Persephone's story, the characters are well written, the plot is brilliant, the romance feels real, however the only thing that I could find as a negative is that it ends so suddenly!

I hope Scarlett builds this world even further because I'd love to revisit it and I will keep an eye out for this up-and-coming author.
Bailey
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just read it

This may be the best book I have ever read and I read at least 3 a week, once I started I coyldmr put it down and I'm so happy I found this author and title. She says she plans on writing more about them too AHHH I cant even so happy
Talia Kaiser
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful retelling

I loved the way she put a modern twist to my favorite Greek couple. Especially the way she gives Persephone life and her own confidence to thrive for herself and free herself.
Dominique
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was so good that I read it in a few hours between jobs. Its sexy, scintillating and doesn't make me mad that it's a romance. I am, however, inconsolably upset that I have to wait until next year for the sequel to come out.
Stacy Flow
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven’t been able to put this book down! The author makes such easy work of creating a world that is so easy to lose yourself in. If you have any interest in any Hades/Persephone storylines, this series will not disappoint you!
Mjspice
Chez
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it! Definitely one of my favorite Hades & Persephone retellings.
RTC
Mercedes Rodriguez

it was good! I read it in a matter of days. If you like Greek mythology definitely give this a shot.
Justine Lopez
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!!!
Scarlett St. Clair lives in Oklahoma with her husband. She has a Master’s degree in Library Science and Information Studies. She is obsessed with Greek Mythology, murder mysteries, love, and the afterlife. If you are obsessed with these things, then you’ll like her books.

Sign up for my newsletter! https://mailchi.mp/6e2593363f04/rayon...