Start by marking “Breaker: A Brother's Best Friend” as Want to Read:
Breaker: A Brother's Best Friend

Breaker: A Brother's Best Friend

“Tell me a happy something, Sutton.”

I was only seven the first time Grady Bowen whispered those words to me. Cloaked by the black sky under a blanket of stars, it was easy to get lost. He didn’t have any good memories of his own and needed to borrow mine. I would willingly give him anything.

Being infatuated with that boy was a beautiful curse. What could have been
Published October 22nd 2019 by Crooked Tree Press

To ask other readers questions about Breaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaker

Start your review of Breaker: A Brother's Best Friend
KC Caron
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All the Stars for this Tense Brooding Romance of Love and Acceptance

You are going to fall all over yourself in LOVE with Grady and Sutton. They. Are. Everything. in this angsty forbidden story. I was shaken by how deep their love is and the hurdles, both internal and external, these two fought. This book belongs on your romance shelf, one of the most moving and inspiring romances I’ve read this year.

Breaker is gutwrenching, full of longing and second chances. An adult story about commitment
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: October 24, 2019
Actual Rating: 4.75 stars

Small Town | Brother's Best Friend Romance

I have only read one of Harloe Rae's novels in the past but can now safely say I am hooked. She writes exquisite characters and captures the small town feels in the best of ways. In Breaker, readers will be introduced to Sutton and Grady. Sutton has loved Grady from afar nearly all her life but Grady thinks she deserves better and ignores her pleas. Grady hasn't had an easy life and in small
Tia Louise
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BREAKER IS LIVE
“Grady Bowen is my brother’s best friend, but he’s also the love of my life.”
Read Breaker by Harloe Rae today and feel ALL the feels!
Amazon US: https://shor.by/BuyBreaker
Amazon Universal: smarturl.it/BuyBreaker
Available to read with Kindle Unlimited!

***********
Not gonna lie, this might be the best book Harloe Rae has written yet! She just gets better and better.

Lyrical, poignant, romantic, lush... I didn't want it to end. Don't miss this gorgeous romance. I love it!
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
ezgif-com-video-to-gif

Sutton Olsen has been in love with Grady Bowen, her brother best friend, for almost her entire life - and over the years, her feelings only grown stronger. But Grady never saw her like that...
When they first met, Grady was so lost that Sutton began to share "happy things" with him, which became their thing.

“𝐓𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐒𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐨𝐧.”

Grady's childhood wasn't easy, to say the least. Dealing with countless of obstacles, disappointments and pain has shaped him to be the man he is
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
<3 4 STARS <3

This is my first book from this author and I can say I was surprised because once I started I couldn't put it down!It has many things I like in my stories, it has angst,a fantastic romance and it's second chance romance!

The characters were great and I loved the tension between them!Grady and Sutton's story give you all the feels!I was swooning,melting and I was frustrated in a good way.

It was a quick story, with a swoon worthy hero and a romance with angst and tension!

Keri Loves Books
ALL THE FEELS!!!

The author delivered a poignant story that will pull at your heart strings and simultaneously make you swoon. Grady was my Happy Something!

A childhood crush on your brother’s best friend could only end in heartache, right? Or will the boy who never "saw you", become the man that won’t let you go?

Grady keeps being tested. A crappy childhood left him guarded. Constant obstacles keep knocking him down. My heart bled for him. All his disappointments, the heartbreak, shaped who he has
RJ
description

I'm rage-quitting at 50% (their first sex scene) after confirming she's a virgin & saved herself for him while he didn't.

Ugh! I'm disappointed but not that surprised. So, this is a friends-to-lovers type book with the heroine in love with her brother's best friend. It starts off with her about to head off to college and sneaking into the H's room to ask him to pop her cherry and he turns her down. Four years later she's back and there's some angst about how he doesn't feel like he deserves
Nance
Crap! What a great story! Liked the Gray nickname but Sutt just didn’t sit right with me. I really like the name Sutton. So the nickname was annoying. I love motorcycles. I wish the author wrote more scenes with it. Their chemistry as a couple was awesome. But, I loved both characters. And, Sutton’s family was so loyal and supportive. My reviews are getting shorter and shorter since I’m behind in my book challenge...
Vanessa (nessreads)
Tell me something good.....

I am so completely in love with this book and with Grady and Sutton. Their story of undying love left me feeling everything and hit me with all the emotions. I couldn’t get enough of these two—they left me utterly spellbound.

At a young age, Sutton developed a childhood crush on her brother’s best friend. And the older she got her feelings for Grady became bigger and stronger. Even after the four years she’s away at college hasn’t changed the way she feels for Grady.
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 's

When I read the blurb for this book, it had me intrigued. The problem is it's slightly exaggerated.

Grady is definitely broody, at least in the beginning. However, his life is not as horrible as it was made out to seem. Yes, he has to deal with a mother who's an addict and he grew up in a trailer park but he's made something of himself and his life is going well.

Jace is Sutton's brother and Grady's best friend but they've all grown up together and Grady spent a lot of time at Sutton's
Alaina
Ugh, I wanted to like it.

Breaker just annoyed me. In it, you will meet Grady and Sutton. There was a little crush back they were kids. However, when she was in high school he broke her heart. When she went to college, he changed. Of course, once she left - he pushed everyone away. Everything got darker and he basically proved to everyone what they all though: a fuck up.

After college, she comes back home. The sparks are still there but the chemistry doesn't start to develop until Grady gets
Jacquelyn McLaughlin
Breaker is the BEST book I have read all month, all year, of all time!! Harloe Rae did a stupendous job writing Grady and Sutton’s story. There are several reasons why Harloe is my unicorn author and the fact that she keeps pushing out books that are just so much better than the last is one of the main reasons.

I swooned so hard, Grady is the sweetest man to Sutton. I cried like a baby, the hits just keep coming for these two. Each time they rise, something knocks them right back into the dirt.
Mandie
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five beautiful, heart-pounding stars! This book was a epic masterpiece! It was heart-wrenching and angsty, and boy did it give me ALL THE FEELS!! Grady and Sutton are !! ...more
A.M. Hargrove
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 All The Happy Stars! Grady and Sutton were destined to be together from the start and my heart beat like a hummingbird with this inspiring romance. It soared so high during this book. But don't get me wrong--it wasn't all hearts and flowers. Rae delivered a punch in the gut more than once as she unraveled this love story and had me biting my nails as I held my breath waiting for the wrecking ball to drop. And boy did it ever. This beautiful, angsty love story will have you cheering for these ...more
Christina Rybka
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grady and Sutton absolute perfect. Grady has not had it easy and has a hard shell. Sutton and her family try to be there for him. Sutton has always loved Grady can she break through to him. Harloe Rae writing is extraordinary you love the all the characters and the storyline gives you all the feels. Highly recommended just go out and read the book.
Kari Davis
Breaker is full of sweetness, sexiness and swoon worthy moments. I found myself falling under the spell that was Grady and Sutton. Sutton has had a crush on Grady since she was a little girl, but all Grady sees is his best friends little sister. But actually Grady feels he’s not good enough of for Sutton. She deserves everything and more and in his eyes he’s worthless.

Grady hasn’t had a good life. Everything seems to go wrong around him and he can’t ever seem to get above the surface as people
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
***ARC Provided by the Author***

This was my first title by this author and, well, I struggled. It felt forced to me...the relationship, the characters, the way they were together and the reason they were resisting being together at the beginning.

I am sure this is going to be just me, and just my opinion, but I really struggled with this one. I did finish it, but there were definitely moments where I considered putting it down.

I am not able to recommend this title.
K.K. Allen
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second chance, angst, heart-tugging emotion, and brilliant writing puts Breaker straight to the top of my favorite books this year. I devoured every word. Savored every single chapter. I seriously cannot get enough from Harloe Rae!
Nikita Oberoi
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 HAPPY STARS

Was definitely not expecting this kind of swoon worthy brother’s best friend romance slash complementary romance. After reading this book, I can say this without any doubt that Harloe can write flawed characters with such a passion that you can’t help but fall in love with them.

Sutton Olsen always had a thing for his brother’s best friend and with every passing year her feelings for Grady became stronger. Grady Bowen, son of a town druggie and a prisoner, was considered the trash
Joannah
Dec 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
Ugh, this was painful. I don’t know how I finished it, I literally had to force myself. The first chapter intrigued me, but it all went downhill from there.
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
5 Cranky Stars

“Love you, Sutt. I love you Gray” That is the perfect line to describe these two. Granted it wasn’t always this way. They did love each other but they never said it before now. Breaker will certainly make you swoon and give you hope that the guy with the giant wall around his heart can be loved and love you back in return. It even made me tear up at times. Everyone deserves a love like Sutton and Grady. That unwavering support and butterflies. Seriously it made my heart happy.

Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
Disclaimer: I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions in my review are my own.

This is a beautiful story with some really lovely writing. I really loved the author's writing style. It was very smooth with a great flow. Harloe Rae creates some really interesting characters. The character development is phenomenal in this book and the characters have a lot of depth. Both main characters have a past with one another and the reader can't help but root for
Cee Cee Houston
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Harloe Rae definitely knows how to deliver a book filled to the brim with all the feels and Breaker has just joined them.
Grady and Sutton were destined to be partners for life from the moment the met as young children. Sutton felt a pull toward the lost and broken boy she met when she was seven. Ever since then, it’s only ever been him, no other man could come close because her heart had already found its home.
Grady didn’t believe he would ever be good enough for Sutton, but when she returns
My Introvert Romance Blog
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A TRULY BEAUTIFUL SOMETHING

Gahhhh!!! I absolutely love it when I can read a book on its release week and say wholeheartedly that: YES, IT IS WORTH THE 5 STAR hype!!!

Harloe Rae what a gem this is!! So beautifully written, Sutton is every bit a girl after my own heart and OH MY FREAKIN GOD... I need a Grady Bowen STAT!!!!

There is so much to love about these characters and the story, ALL THE FEELS is no understatement- the hurdles they’ve had to overcome to be together and find their HEA!! My
Jamie Ellis
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pretty good

Loved the characters. The storyline was good. A love to last a life and a day.
I recommend this book
Thanks Jamie Nibarger Ellis
BookAddict
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grady Bowen and Sutton Olsen basically grew up together, and Grady became best friends with Sutton's older brother, Jace. Grady seemed so lost and sad when she first met him so Sutton started sharing “happy somethings" with Grady, and it became their thing. They may seem destined to be together, except Grady thinks Sutton deserves someone better than him. But after four years of missing Sutton, when she returns home after college he's not sure how much longer he can resist her.

When Grady goes
Jenn
Nov 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Decent

I don't have a whole lot to say about this one. I enjoyed it, and found it sweet. I particularly liked the something happies at the beginning of each chapter.

The trouble characters are easy to spot right from the first few chapters so it's a little more predictable than most romances. As soon as your friction characters are introduced it's kind of obvious what's ahead. The 180 Grady did on his feelings about pursuing Sutton was a bit abrupt and strange. Overall though there's not anything
Chaos Book Reviews.
Just so you know, Harloe Rae is a % a one click author for me! So I could possibly be considered bias in my review but I'll do my very best to remain objectionable.

Grady is the kid who had a shitty up brining.
Sutton is the girl who had everything.
Brought together by the circumstances and ya know, an older brother who happens to be Grady's best friend.

The rocky start to this story had me wondering what kind of loop Harloe was gonna throw in later on. The massive Gent Vibes early on (if you've
Shaley- Pretty Little Book Blog
Breaker is a brother’s best friend romance that captures your heart and keeps it captive.

I always enjoy reading Harloe’s stories. She has a way with words that makes you fall in love with her characters and their story.

After finishing college, Sutton returns to her family and hometown. But they’re not all that resides in the small town. Grady, her first and only crush, the broken and troubled man who was supposed to be her first, her brother’s best friend, is also there. After Grady lives
Jami Jones
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beauitful story!

Oh man, I absolutely fell in love with Grady and Sutton. They made such a great couple. This book is one of them books that brings out every emotion or it did for me. Beauitfully Written and characters were perfect!! Loved it..

• Wait for Me
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Enemies
  • Hold on to Hope
  • Dear Ava
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Hate the Game (Love Games #1)
  • Blindsided
  • Pour Judgment
  • Release
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • Focused
  • The Cruelest Stranger
  • The Lineup
  • Dirty Letters
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Conceal
Harloe Rae is a USA Today & Amazon Top 10 bestselling author. Her passion for writing and reading has taken on a whole new meaning. Each day is an unforgettable adventure.

Harloe is a Minnesota gal with a serious addiction to romance. She’s always chasing an epic happily ever after. When she’s not buried in the writing cave, Harloe can be found hanging with her hubby and son. If the weather
“Abso-fucking-lutely.” 0 likes
“My heart is in the stars, Beyond reach and reason. He will never be mine, And I will never love another. —Sutton Olsen” 0 likes