Start by marking “The Fearing: Earth and Ember (The Fearing #4)” as Want to Read:
The Fearing: Earth and Ember (The Fearing #4)

The Fearing: Earth and Ember

(The Fearing #4)

John F.D. Taff's supernatural epic, The Fearing, concludes in Book Four: Earth & Ember as maniacal leader Tim Jacoby solidifies his militaristic control over his followers by choosing who will live and who will die.

With a new destination in sight, survivors fleeing the encroaching darkness that's devouring everything in its path arrive at Graceland to re-es
Published November 12th 2019 by Grey Matter Press

To ask other readers questions about The Fearing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fearing

Start your review of The Fearing: Earth and Ember (The Fearing #4)
Sadie Hartmann Mother Horror
A sneaking suspicion began to grow that I was going to be unsatisfied with this ending but as I cleared page 80, a new feeling began to emerge and My doubt and skepticism were replaced with an urgency to see this one through to the end.
John F. D. Taff did right by his readers--

Review coming to Cemetery Dance, soon!
Michael Hicks
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My review of THE FEARING: EARTH AND EMBER can be found at High Fever Books.

This is it, folks - the grand finale! For months, we’ve been watching the world succumb to its greatest fears and witnessing humanity’s last stand. It’s all been building to this, and after weeks and weeks of anticipation and lingering book hangovers one can’t help but wonder, was it all worth it? Did Taff stick the landing? Or has this, ultimately, been a giant clusterfuck that cannot possibly live up to the hype?
Mindi
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I can't believe advanced readers have finished this series already! I say series because it was serialized, and I have a hard time imagining it as a single book. It seems like just yesterday the first installment came out, and all of us were so anxious to get the next part of the story!

I've been fascinated with fear for a while now. For many years, actually for most of my life, fear has controlled me. Many of my friends and followers on social media know that I'm a germaphobe. That f
Holly (The Grimdragon)
"We're all part of a system, Rev. All of us. You, me, animals, plants, the stars. All of it. And sometimes the system has to do things that aren't best for one group or another, but for the overall whole. Others have had to shoulder the burden before. This time, it's humanity's turn. For the common good. If it's any consolation, I was sent to ensure that humanity is not completely wiped out, that some portion of it survives to carry on."

The Fearing was ambitious and glorious and one helluva
Matt (TeamRedmon)
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review to come as I digest what just happened to me. My star rating my go up or down as I process my thoughts. That may not make sense but I'm really not sure what I'm feeling right now. I need to talk this out.
David
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
This was a great series. The ending wasn't what I expected to get, but it worked.
Gavin
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
So The Fearing comes to an end and I'm delighted to report this journey has, for the most part, been a success.

I will dip back into comments I made on the previous volumes as they are all pertinent to Volume 4 and will help colour the issues I had.

First and foremost you can see I have rewarded this Volume has a 4 star rating, yet I had problems with this book. That may read like a contradiction but what works in Earth & Ember is a story telling masterclass. Taff has p
D.K. Hundt
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Fearing: Book Four – Earth & Ember

After reading book one, (to say I was immediately hooked would be an understatement), I couldn’t wait to read book two. Taff does an excellent job in books one and two getting me, the reader, thoroughly invested in the characters, which made the ending of book two that much more shocking and heartbreaking – and for an author – that’s a good thing.

I have to admit; I was a bit disappointed when I read books three and four, a couple of those major characte
Laurel
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The final installment to this serial release met all my expectations. We get a bit longer of a book in this case, which gives Taff room to tie everything up. It won't be neat, it won't be tidy, and I'd be surprised if you guessed the way this all winds up. I know I didn't, but when it was finished, it felt right. A lot of other things too, but definitely right.

I'm not the most coherent reviewer in the world, so I'll try to make this simple. What made this five stars for me were the c
Kim Napolitano
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can not talk enough how much I enjoyed this series, just amazing characters, action and post apocalyptic horror. This book is like the final horseman that brings evil to face good. With so little of civilization left, it’s them or him.. no spoilers and If you have followed along this far you know the world teeters on the encounter Monday brought them too. I want this book in a complete hard back collection or better yet.. a movie! Love it, read it!
Brennan LaFaro
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
John F.D. Taff, while accomplished in a great variety of writing styles, tends to showcase himself most often in short fiction. With the Fearing showing up in small pieces every 6 weeks, it's easy to forget that it was originally conceived and executed as an epic doorstop novel, something Taff is not necessarily known for writing. Would Taff be able to wrap up a work north of 500 pages in a satisfactory manner?

Okay, some elaboration. Reverend "please don't call me Rev" Mark beco
John Lynch
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The last piece of the epic serial Novel, The Fearing, has arrived. Does John F.D. Taff stick the landing? All you had to do was read book one to know that Taff was going to nail this.

With each of the first 3 installments, I’ve praised how well written The Fearing is. Book 4 is no different, and why would it be? Taff’s prose is excellent. Book 4 begins right where book 3 leaves off. Our heroes must deal with Tim Jacoby, a crazy who fancies himself the only man capable of saving humani
Armand Rosamilia
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I thought there was no way the author would be able to end the book on such a grand scale, but I was wrong. This is what an epic story is supposed to be, and kudos to Mr. Taff for writing such a grand scale piece of fiction.
A.E.
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For those of us who have been following the previous three instalments of the epic, The Fearing, get ready to feast your eyes on the final part, Book 4. Taff wastes no time getting back into the swing of conflict between the survivors of this apocalypse. The man who has assumed leadership (much like a certain other Orange Cheeto-in-Chief I won’t name) is an ornery canker sore of a person who feels he is the leader, commanding the others in the camp for reports from recon groups. He keeps a close ...more
timj26
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great way to wrap up this excellent series
The author did a great job keeping you guessing till the very end
Linda does a wonderful job narrating all 4 books
Highly recommended to all horror fans
I received a free review audiobook and voluntarily left this review
Alexander Pyles
Nov 20, 2019 rated it liked it
*review pending*
Beth Nickel
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another home run!! I didn't want it to end because that meant the story ended.
I don't know how to express the amount of enjoyment I got from all these books other than to say I want more!!
Michael Zuffa

• Night Shoot
  • Tapetum Lucidum
  • Dear Laura
  • Remains
  • Dreams of Lake Drukka & Exhumation (Short Sharp Shocks! #31)
  • Children of the Dark
  • Ocean Grave
  • The Isle
  • Seven Fallen Feathers: Racism, Death, and Hard Truths in a Northern City
  • Cricket Hunters

The Fearing (4 books)
  • The Fearing: Fire and Rain (The Fearing #1)
  • The Fearing: Water and Wind (The Fearing #2)
  • The Fearing: Air and Dust (The Fearing #3)