Start by marking “Stalked by Shadows (A Simply Crafty Paranormal Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Stalked by Shadows (A Simply Crafty Paranormal Mystery, #1)

Stalked by Shadows

(A Simply Crafty Paranormal Mystery #1)

A missing girl, ritual murders, and a shadow stalking every footstep.

Alexis Caine survived an attack in the deserts of Afghanistan. An attack the government denied and discharged him for, leaving him broken and in a mental institution. What Alex saw that day in the desert continues to haunts him.

When a new job working as a bodyguard for a New Orleans ghost tour guide,
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 346 pages
Published October 30th 2019 by Self-Published

To ask other readers questions about Stalked by Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stalked by Shadows

Start your review of Stalked by Shadows (A Simply Crafty Paranormal Mystery, #1)
~nikki the recovering book addict
4.5 awesome stars!

How have I never heard of Lissa Kasey before??? Because this was definitely awesome!! I mean, there are a lot of unanswered questions right now. But I feel like the story is definitely building up to its crescendo. Fingers crossed it doesn’t bomb during the delivery.

This ends somewhat in a cliffhanger although not really. It does leave you clamouring for more though.

What I love about this story is, there isn’t any expert of paranormal here. Each have their experiences, some
DeeNeez
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I want the next book NOW! This was mind blowing good. A whole new twist on the paranormal creepy, spooky mysteries. Loved it! Micha and Alex both have quirky minds and humor, such a perfect fit. Both have past history of different spooky events to overcome. And together they are stronger. Yet this story doesn’t end here, so warning to all, there is a lead in to the next book and an ongoing story arc.
Devoted♥Reader
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Training Sparks

This book was just the right amount of spooky and creepy. I wonder if Lissa Kassey is a fan of Supernatural. I love mysteries and this one was eerily strange. Alex is a man after my own heart with his love of reading and I, too, don't people well. He thinks he’s broken but he’s not. He’s jut trying to find his new place in the world. I think Micah is cute and he is very creative and talented. They’re both wonderfully snarky and have lots in common, including a sensitivity to the
Vicki
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm, mm-pnr
WOW! Fantastic start to a new series.

I was so invested in this book that I was unable to put it down.
Micah and Alex are two broken men who have both survived trauma and at times I was heartbroken with what they’d suffered. Although they still managed to be a bit nerdy, a bit snarky and have a bit of a laugh. It wasn’t insta love for them but the heat turned up when the deeper connection and commitment was made.
These are two very complex, deep characters and they are given a mystery, with many
Megan
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is well written and the author does a great job setting the scene for this new series. There is a love story woven amongst the main plot but it wasn’t in your face or fast paced as other romance novels I read.

Considering I typically read romance novels that have a HEA and the next book is about another couple, it didn’t even dawn on me there would be a cliffhanger. I am SO excited to see where this author takes us; I honestly haven’t read anything like this book (and I read a LOT of
Mim Crenshaw
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the supernatural storyline that was used in this book. The author has great world building, and that helped to draw me in to this book. I enjoyed the chemistry between Alex and Micah; I just wish that there was a little more backstory on each character.

I read a complimentary advancecopyof thebook; this is my voluntary and honest review.
Julie
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
WOW!! I’M HOOKED!!

... !!! ... I just finished reading STALKED BY SHADOWS (which is the first book of Lissa Kasey’s A SIMPLY CRAFTY PARANORMAL MYSTERY series), and I’m hooked! WOW!! INTRIGUING!! Hopefully, it won’t be too long of a wait for the release of Book 2.
Janeylou
llv
Nov 12, 2019 marked it as dnf
Shelves: ku, paranormal, ghosts
rating: dnf

I really love Lissa Kasey but I just wasn't feeling it.
gimmethosebooks
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
spooky
Kaila
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
good story.. some parts a bit.. off for me in some spots but overall i really enjoyed it and ic ant wait to see what happens next. i loved the paranormal aspects of this also.. it was so much fun.
avid reader 1
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stars 4
There’s nothing like a ghost tour in New Orleans to get the blood pumping and the imagination engaged. The creep factor is high in this book. The authors' descriptions of the places and environments pulled me into the story. I could almost see the action as it happened, and I had to pause from time to time and look around, assuring myself that it was a book, not real. I love it when that happens. The supernatural storyline is compelling and kept me on the edge of my seat for most of the
Ashley
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bb-review
I lovedStalked by Shadows! I'm picky when it comes to any book set in New Orleans, like notoriously picky (I'll drop my rating dramatically because of it kind of picky), and this felt like Lissa has lived in New Orleans since her childhood. I was in New Orleans (both literally and while reading the novel).

Alex isn't doing all that well, returning from Afghanistan and a stint in a mental facility. Who would after all that he saw there? What he saw when his unit was destroyed, couldn't have been
Ariel
What an absorbing read!! Definitely one of my favorites this year! All of the characters (not just the mains) were so fleshed out I felt every emotion that they did. The writing in this book is fantastic and had me on the edge of my seat multiple times! It's very rare that something in a book actually scares me, but let me tell you, the shadows in this story creeped the hell out of me and at one point I even had to put the book down for a minute because I was genuinely getting scared!

There are
caroline wilson
Nov 08, 2019 rated it liked it
I received this book by the author and this is my honest opinion.
When I first read this book description I was excited at the potential of a thrilling intrigue. Paranormal, murder mystery and characters with issues to resolve. I love these kinds of books and fortunately I've read quite a few good books with these troupes in it so the bar was set high for this one. The prologue was really great and had that creepy factor, where I tucked my feet up and I thought wow, this book is going to be good.
Maggie
Nov 12, 2019 rated it liked it
A solid 3.5 out of 5 stars from me.

I've read a few different series by this author and some are hits while others are misses. This one was a hit.

This is the story of a broken veteran who needs someone to take care of and a guarded shopkeeper who needs someone to believe in him.

Alex Caine came back from serving his country a broken man, broken by what he saw and being told he was crazy for seeing it. While serving in Afghanistan something supernatural stalked him and his unit in the desert and,
Xochitl
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing start of a new series! Lissa Kasey has a way to write agile, captivating plots that could trap you since the beginning. As other of her stories, you can find this one really easy to read, interesting and entertaining with deeply emotional characters, so human in their complexity that you have for them mixed feelings, love and hate, empathy and frustation between others. I loved especially Micah and Alex as a couple, how they confront their fears because of the profound love they have for ...more
Anabela.M.
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know where to start with this review. Because there are so many captivating things in this book,so many information, emotions, facts,all packed up into the most thrilling and exciting story.

I love the way Lissa Kasey never really gives answers. She has clues for you,maybe some details or advice,but in such a way that only arises more questions. That's why the story kept me wondering and doubting every page of the way. I mean,who and why are stalking Alex and Micah? Are those
Pamela Cunningham
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the A Simply Crafty Paranormal Mystery

This was a decent read I am quickly becoming a fan of this Author's unique story telling . The only problem I have with these book's is the DRAMA and the angst so much doubting themselves self blame too much . I've read the Dominion series and the witchblood book and although the characters are different their also similar . I'm also not a fan of overly feminine men and almost all of the main love interest are of that type who love
Elle
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good start to a new series.

Paranormal romance is one of my favourite genres, so I really looked forward to reading this. It's an action packed story with plenty of drama which will keep you until the very end. The MC'S have great chemistry between them that sizzles throughout.

Micah and Alex complement each other perfectly. I really enjoyed reading about their fight against evil. The beings they're up against are actually quite scary, and throughout the atmosphere is both dark and threatening.

As
Belinda Zamora
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great start to a new series.
I love the atmosphere of the book with the setting taking place in the French Quarter.
Alex and Lukas are twin brothers.
While Alex served in the military, Lukas is a police detective.
Alex is suffering with fallout after serving and is staying with Lukas, who helps him get a job as basically security and gopher for a friend, Micah who has a paranormal shop and offers ghost tours.
They begin to bond over past strange and inexplicable events in their pasts.
These were
Natasha Lynn Harris
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
#FirdtTimeAuthorRead

A brand-new paranormal suspense thirller....
What would you do if things, that go bump in the night, or dark shadows following you across the world haunted you every day. Yeah I would never leave my house again.....
Micah and Alex have A lot in common and it's not that food, movies or hobbies. It's more of the supernatural variety. And when a girl goes missing and the darkness encroaching, the two try to navigate a relationship and keep sane.
This was a great story and kept
Margaret Clark
Nov 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Couldn't finish

While I love the world of paranormal , shifters and mostly only read MM books, I couldn't make myself read pass the third chapter. The author used every name for sexuality quite often, too, too many times, trying for empathy maybe but coming across as condesending. Also a major hate-on for whites, Christanity, law enforcement. And condemning a city and a whole face of people for racism smacks of her being the one with a problem. The three stars are for the little I could stomach,
Rachwithheadinabook
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a really good paranormal book, there is a bit of a cliffhanger and some unanswered questions which I hope will be answered in the next one.

All the characters are well written, with the main characters having a sense of quirkiness to them, which brings them not only together, but makes them perfect for each other, along with the spooky events that have happened in both their pasts.

This book really pushed my brain which I really enjoyed and kept me intrigued right till the end, so I need
Denise GremoryKohta
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a unique read!

I love how we are learning with the characters. As they are going through the experiences and figuring things out so are we. The paranormal isn't this magical beautiful world. It's down right scary and these guys aren't experts by any means. They are bumbling through life and all the people in their life. That gives such a realistic edge to the story. The only reason I have it four stars was because I was thrown by the timeline and it didn't fit to me but that could have been
Lillian Francis
This was a great paranormal read made all the more real because there was no explanation given for the shadows.
Both the MCs are broken but engaging and they have great chemistry. It was well written and flowed well.
So why didn't it get 5 stars? Honestly it was 5 stars until the last two pages, when the cliffhanger took place. So any good feelings were wiped out with concern that won't be answered until the next book. Why do that? There was literally no need. Bah!
Joscelyn Smith
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely Brilliant Series Starter

This was...just WOW. Alex and Micah were amazing characters, they both damaged and haunted by their brush with the unexplainable. The storyline was spooky with shadows around every corner, I was holding my breath waiting to see what the darkness held. Just like the author's other books I can already tell that I'm going to love this entire series, book two can't come soon enough because this ending has left me with as many questions as Alex.
J
Dec 03, 2019 marked it as it-s-not-you-it-s-me
I had to create a special shelf for this one because I didn't want to put it on my dnf shelf.

Look - I'm a chickensh*t with an extra side of hiding under the covers with the lights on. I like my suspense and paranormal and I really liked this book until it started to freak me completely out. I truly wanted to finish reading it but I also wanted to sleep for the next month. ***shudders***
kathleen
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This new series starts off with a bang! I was fully engaged while reading this story. Micah and Alex are two broken men who have both survived trauma. The connection and chemistry between these two jumps off the page. They fit together like missing puzzle pieces.
Snark, mystery and romance, a perfect blend. I'm looking forward to book 2!
Nancy A. Staab
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The blurb was interesting, so I downloaded a sample of the book. At the end of the sample, I couldn’t wait to read more. I immediately purchased the book and read it in one sitting!
The book is well written with excellent dialogue and compelling MCs, and the secondary characters add depth to the story. I look forward to the next book in the series.

• The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Claiming Marcus (Lords of Discord, #1)
  • The Ghost of Ellwood (Ivy Grove, #1)
  • Mind Magic  (Triad, #1)
  • Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #4)
  • How to Shield an Assassin (Unholy Trifecta #1)
  • Mr. Right Now
  • Tallowwood
  • Defender (The Lost Pack #1)
  • Wolf Lost (The Wolves of Kismet #1)
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour #1)
  • A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound #3)
  • Jon's Spooky Corpse Conundrum (Jon's Mysteries, #3)
  • Captive Wolf (The Wildcrest Pack, #1)
  • Second Song (Sugarhouse Blues, #1)
  • The Christmas Dragon's Mate (Lonely Dragons Club #1)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Give Up the Ghost (Not Dead Yet #2)
Lissa Kasey is more than just romance. She specializes in depth characters, detailed world building, and twisting plots to keep you clinging to your book reader. All stories have a side of romance, emotionally messed up protagonists and feature LGBTQA spectrum characters facing real world problems no matter how fictional the story.