Start by marking “Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)

Beautifully Cruel

(Beautifully Cruel #1)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  11,788 ratings  ·  1,438 reviews
Alpha (noun):
1) Having the highest rank in a dominance hierarchy
2) The most powerful man in a group
3) Liam Black

He was a stranger to me, a dark and dangerous presence who materialized from the shadows one rainy night to save me from a vicious attack. I didn’t know his name or where he was from. All I knew was that the only place I’d ever felt safe was in his arms.

But safet
Published May 15th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Beautifully Cruel, please sign up.
Ankita Same question..need his book as well... Please write one!
J.T. Geissinger Yes! Liam is Killian's twin. (And Killian makes a cameo in the book.)…moreYes! Liam is Killian's twin. (And Killian makes a cameo in the book.)(less)

·  11,788 ratings  ·  1,438 reviews

Start your review of Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
4 Smut Scale Stars

This was recommended to me by about four different people last week (not sure what prompted said influx...but, thanks peeps!) and so I decided to give it a go. Based on the blurb, etc., it had so many elements I love, e.g., alpha male/anti-hero, mafia, debt, that I'm actually really surprised this book wasn't already my radar.

That said, I really enjoyed this thing. I adored Liam and his badassery; and I thought his and Tru's "courtship" and relationship was super adorable. And
Mindy Lou's Book Review
This book CONSUMED me. You know when you pick up a book and the very first paragraph just grabs you and takes over your life until you finish the book? That's THIS book. Beautifully Cruel is my new favorite of 2020.

Why did I love it so much? First, like I said it pulled me in immediately and I didn't want to stop reading. I didn't even want to stop reading when I got to the end. I want more of this couple. I loved both of them so much.

Liam was so intense. I just love those big, tatted, broody m
Jessica Alcazar
If I just say wow is that enough of a review, because WOW!! I honestly hope that’s enough to get you to #oneclick immediately because I’m not saying anything else.

Okay, maybe one thing … I do not know who I’m in love with more, Liam or Tru. They both made me shiver in deliciously different ways. READ THE BOOK to find out why!

DO.IT.
Jeeves Reads Romance
Absolutely LOVED this

Holy CHEMISTRY - this couple has it from the very first page! I still cannot believe how quickly I devoured this intense, sexy, guilty pleasure of a read - the connection between the characters was there from the very beginning, and I just settled back and enjoyed the unpredictable ride. It’s banter-filled and sexy with combustible chemistry. JT Geissinger writes in a variety of genres so I was not really sure what to expect from this until I realized who the star is (this
Anovelqueen
***5 STARS***

What can I say about this book except it was wonderful! Beautifully written and it grabbed me from the first word until the last. I could not put it down.

Liam Black is a man obsessed. He has been coming into the diner where Truvy works for eleven months just to stare at her. He doesn't say anything...just watches her. He cannot stop himself. Finally Truvy decides she wants to talk to this gorgeous man dressed in Armani suits and they begin.

I found Liam to be the ultimate sexy, gorge
Dora Ruiz Davalos Books and Tequila Blog
I went into Beautifully Cruel expecting a suspense-filled romance and was surprised to find it was so much more! This love story starts off after a shocking event, giving us a preview of what to expect leading up to the very HEA ending. The main characters were both amazing; Truvy provided much needed comic relief from what could have been a darker, angsty story while Liam was a delicious and dangerous enigma with a heartbreaking past that made him the man he was today.

I could be a little biase
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Beautifully Cruel is a brand new stand alone romance by J.T. Geissinger. This is one of those books that I had a pretty good idea going in that I was going to love. I devoured this book. I couldn’t put it down. So yes, I can say that my intuition was correct!

Truvy (Tru) Sullivan is twenty four years old. She’s in her final year of law school in Boston and works as a waitress at Buddy’s Diner. For eleven months the man in black whom Tru has nicknamed The Wolf, has been coming in to the diner. He
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
Beautifully-Cruel
24-year-old Truvy (Tru) Sullivan studies law in Boston and works as a waitress in a local diner. For 11 months, a mysterious tattooed man dressed in Armani suits (whom she calls "wolf") comes to the restaurant, drinks coffee and just stares at her... then gets up and leave. 😱

📚 "𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐠𝐮𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬…𝐨𝐫 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐠𝐮𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬?" 📚

He never sits in other waitress areas... He never talk to her... She has no idea what his name is, how old is he or what he does for a living... but she
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
5 STARS
Don’t mistake me for something I’m not, Tru.”
“Like what?”
“A good man.”

If you like:
Intense, protective, and possessive alpha males
Fierce and I mean FIERCE, take charge and sharp witted heroines that take no bs
a story that will keep you glued to the pages from cover to cover
and
a mother of all plot twists that you will SALIVATE OVER

READ. THIS. BOOK.

There is only one word to describe this book: ADDICTIVE. I couldn't get enough of Liam Black. I couldn't get enough of this stor
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
aa
MY REVIEW AND OTHERS: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

'BEAUTIFULLY CRUEL' Is a full length romance novel by new to me author J.T. Geissinger.

Taking a day off from arcs I decided on this beauty, I’d seen it boomeranged all over my social media feeds, looked at the cover, glimpsed over the synopsis and I was sold! I’m so glad I took that plunge.
This book was beyond amazing!
I felt like I was under some sort of voodoo spell because this book put my life o
Bibi
Awww, shucks.

Y'all know I have a girl crush on JT (for like, ever) and not only do I find her a breath of fresh uncontrived air in this here contemporary romance genre, I also usually rate her books 4 stars or above.

Which is why I find myself in unchartered territory, made murkier by the news that she lost her mum late last year (may her soul rest in peace).

Anyhoos, I'm not gonna rate this, but suffice to say it wasn't a favourite.
Catherine Russell

Rating: 4 Hearts!

Name/Age: Truvy Sullivan - 24 ┃ Liam Black - 39
Setting: Boston
Published: May 15, 2020

My wolf. My deadly protector, dark knight in Armani armor ripping to shreds those who dare to harm me.

Beautifully Cruel was a hell of a hot book. But I regress, J.T. Geissinger's books always are. I've come at a point where she's an auto click auth
Dilek VT
Although there is some mafia story in it, this is not a dark book at all. It is a hearts and flowers kind of book; one that is sweet, sexy and fun. All it is about is love. So if you are looking for a dark mafia book with lots of action in it, this is not it. I don’t like mafia romance that much so this one worked for me 😊

*********************************************

I loved both characters but the heroine Tru is my favorite. I usually dislike the heroines romance writers create because they tend
Hulya Kara Yuksel
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow okay, this book really surprised me. I was expecting a very dark/stalker story but it was a little light for my liking but still I really enjoyed this book just the way it is... It was full of romance/rom-com/mystery/suspence. Long story short this book was full of action!!!

Ps. Tru is a very strong lady and I liked her so much. Also you have to meet with Liam Black. Ohhh he is sooo good. 🔥🔥🔥

**ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR.❤
Isabella. R
5 Queen Bee Stars ⭐

Nobody messes with Liam Black unless you’re a diner waitress that he’s been lusting after. Each time he goes to Buddy’s All Night Diner, he insists it’s the last. And yet he finds himself returning. But it all comes to a head when the beautifully awkward waitress attempts conversation, and he’s officially charmed…

I blurt, "I do love wild places. And wild things."

Holding my gaze, the wolf says softly, "Do you." It isn’t a question. He says it as if he’s mulling it over. Consid
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a cute, sweet read! I agree with other reviewers and will say that if you are looking for a gritty mafia romance — this is not for you. I appreciated the h’s strength and I also liked the H’s alpha tendencies. I liked their relationship and the overall premise. I did, however, feel like there was too little conflict and the ending was lackluster. It was all just a little too easy...

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Tru and Liam’s story. Tru is working
Aisling Zena
5 wolfie stars

14/6/20

I don't think I have any complaints for this book. None. That's so rare for me. I wanted to read a book with a badass, hot, alpha and this definitely fit the bill. I loved this book so much and I love it even more because now I have an excuse to use Michele Morrone's pics and gifs for it.

description

Liam Black is all alpha. He is a wolf in human form. A mysterious enigma. And he can't help but be fascinated with Tru, a law student and diner waitress. For a year now, he comes to the di
Rachel (LoverofTBR)
4 ‘Wolfie’ 🌟

There he is, standing on the other side of the counter, dark and fierce and gorgeous, looking at me like nothing else exists in the diner. The city. The world.

Beautifully Cruel a very much entertaining and swoony read. It is about Truvy, law student and part-time waitress at a diner, and how she is attracted to one of the customers, Liam, at the diner. There is mutual attraction between them, but they don’t speak or act on their attraction for 11 months. Truvy doesn’t even know
❀ Rose ❀
Jun 01, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

🔹 Overall feelings:
〰 I definitely enjoyed this. I’ve been seeing this book all over Goodreads and everyone (literally) has been giving it 5 stars which made me very excited to read it. Not gonna lie, I thought this was going to be a dark mafia romance and if that’s what you’re thinking too then beware before going into this that this is NOT that . This is a very sweet, romantic story. It’s in no way dark and if I’m being honest, then this has no plot whatsoever. This is strictly a
Jen
Review to come!❤️❤️
Carla Bulian
May 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Please don’t hate me, but this book don’t catch me!
Unfortunately!
Apoorva
Not the best one I have read by her (and definitely the one I've rated the least as of yet) but still okay.

Let me clear one thing first: I love books by this author. Absolutely adore some of them, sometimes even because of the OTT-ness of the plot aside from romance. It's not always the romance that is OTT but the plot itself and I love it. Plus her writing style is really good, with the right amount of humor, the badass vibes and the sexual tension between the MCs. Though this one didn't do the
Carvanz
There is nothing more perfect than a broody, dark and intense hero that was sucker punched by the heroine the first time he laid eyes on her. Fast forward several months later and we have plenty of late night diner coffees with no conversation and a heroine who tends to ramble when she’s feeling shy or awkward which of course leads you to a twist here, a turn there, lots of smiling from ear to ear moments and plenty of sizzling chemistry to ignite the pages. Add an epilogue that was perfect and ...more
Jan
May 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
**** 3.75 Stars ****

Ramblings all over the place.

I am astonished at how much I enjoyed this story despite not being an insta-love fan.

👍🏼 Both Mcs had a solid characterization.
👍🏼 I lost count of how many times Tru made me LOL. Her sassiness was priceless!
👍🏼And Liam was not left behind with his mysterious and dangerous aura.

👍🏼 The story had a right balance of humour, hotness, a bit of tension, chemistry and twists.

👎🏼 The story time frame was too short, though. It spanned in one month or so. Of
Starr (AKA Starrfish) Rivers
It was almost 5 stars. The whole first half of it was 5 stars all the way, but then my "wolfie" kinda lost his teeth.

The most thrilling part was the intense attraction and push and pull between the characters. I wanted Liam to be "bad." I wanted him to be the big bad wolf who was only wolfie for the woman he loved. But Liam turns out not to be "bad" at all. All the intrigue seemed kind of a letdown. Blown out of proportion. I honestly don't know why he couldn't have thought of the exit plan whe
Snow
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
well, hawt damn...Re-read this again just yesterday! October 1, 2020. Cause I waited for Cruel Paradise which is kind of a book 2 in Beautifully Cruel series...LOL

what can I say, i am a LIAM BLACK goner!

RE-READ on a whim in June 2020.

And this book still hits all the right spots for me!

original review

This book...
Man, this book....

Utter perfection!

Everything you ever wanted or needed in this genre is right here, on the pages of this book...

J.T. Geissinger has outdone herself this time...and this
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
4.5 Wolfie Stars

Well, color me surprised, I thought going into this that I ll be in some dark heavy mafia stuff, but instead this one was a big pile of sweet and sexy.
Tru is a law student and also works at a diner , for 11 month now an intriguing sexy stranger comes and watches her. Liam Black is obsessed and cannot stay away from Truvy , but he doesn't want to get involved either, so he just comes and stares at her.
One night she gathers courage and they start to talk, and apparently have lot
Lana Reads
May 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
I guess, it was okay. The beginning wasn't too interesting, some details threw me out of the story (see the updates, if you're interested), the chemistry between the characters wasn't all that hot at the beginning. Probably because we knew nothing about them at that point. I wanted to know a little bit more about those months and months of stolen glances, of the building tension...
It's gotten better toward the middle of the book, but still some things didn't sit quite well with me.

I loved the s
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
Note for me, myself and I so I don’t forget why this was a big fat dnfed at only 3%.

Did not like heroine. I’m not into big blabbering mess of wet noodles. My heroines need to be able to hold a conversation and be coherent in the presence of the male specimen. Just because the man is hot doesn’t mean she has to lose IQ points.

Edited: I’ve seen reviews that the heroine becomes strong and sassy. But for me first impressions counts a lot more than what she becomes later. If I didn’t like her in the
_All.Things.Steamy (V. Simran)
5 ”Tru and Liam” stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

”Who are you?”
His eyes soften. He wrestles with himself in silence for a long time, until finally he says, “Apparently, your wolf.”

What a book. The romance in this book made me swoon. I need a Liam black in my life. The moment I started reading it, I knew they’ll become one of my favourite couple. This book will make you feel many emotions. This is my first b
Turning Pages At ...: Beautifully Cruel by J. T. Geissinger 98 46 May 21, 2020 11:06AM

• Code Name: Hacker (Jameson Force Security, #4)
  • Dirty Billionaire
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
  • His Royal Highness
  • Doctor Dearest
  • Wicked Bedmate (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Marriage of Inconvenience (Knitting in the City, #7)
  • Ruthless Knight (Royal Hearts Academy, #2)
  • The Fiery Crown (Forgotten Empires, #2)
  • Pike (The Pawn Duet, #1)
  • The Living Canvas (Master of Trickery Duet, #2)
  • The Evolution of Man (The Trust Fund Duet, #2)
  • Dear Bridget, I Want You
  • Broken (Broken, #1)
  • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
  • Cutie and the Beast (Cipher Office, #3)
  • Punk 57
  • Trouble at Brayshaw High (Brayshaw, #2)
Newsletter ➔ http://bit.ly/1IbgZZI
Amazon ➔ http://amzn.to/1xQN4za
Bookbub ➔ http://bit.ly/2a88kdV
FB group ➔ http://bit.ly/2xbtnY3

J.T. Geissinger is a #1 internationally bestselling author of twenty-five novels. Ranging from funny, feisty romcoms to intense, edgy suspense, her books have sold millions of copies and been translated into more than a dozen languages.

She is a three-time finalist in bot

Beautifully Cruel (2 books)
  • Cruel Paradise (Beautifully Cruel, #2)