Start by marking “After All (Cape Harbor)” as Want to Read:
After All (Cape Harbor)

After All (Cape Harbor)

Brooklyn Hewett hasn’t set foot in Cape Harbor for fifteen years—not since an accident claimed the love of her life, Austin Woods. Desperate to move forward, Brooklyn has focused on raising her daughter for the past

Expected publication: March 24th 2020 by Montlake

Start your review of After All (Cape Harbor)
Maria
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review
3.5 stars.
Review to come.
Sara Oxton
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After All by Heidi McLaughlin a five-star read that is all in. This is a story that will stay with me for a long, long time, I do not know how I missed this author, as what amazing writing. Cape Harbour and the views from the Driftwood Inn windows are some that I would love to see, they are described so well you can feel the salty air on your face. Brooklyn Hewitt ran away and who could blame her, her life as she knew it was over and would never be the same again, but what she didn’t realise in ...more
Kathy Coopmans
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After All is one of those books that take hold of your hand and tug you along.
It gripped mine so tight at times that I felt everything these characters were and had been going through.
This is a second chance written in perfection. What an amazing story.
Kathy Coopmans
USA Today Bestselling Author.
Kate
Five Stars for ‘After All’ (Cape Harbor) by Heidi McLaughlin

Many thanks to NetGalley, Montlake Romance, and Heidi McLaughlin for an ARC in exchange for an honest book review of ‘After All’ (Cape Harbor). My thoughts and opinions are 100% my own and independent of receiving an advance copy.

Synopsis: “From New York Times bestselling author Heidi McLaughlin comes a heartfelt story about overcoming great loss and forgiving past sins to find happiness again.

Brooklyn Hewett hasn’t set foot in Cape
Tina
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some books should come with a warning label!
Heidi McLaughlin has a wonderful talent for crafting small town second chance romances. Her Beaumont series is a huge hit with lovers of this sub-genre of romance and McLaughlin knows how to give readers what they want. The Cape Harbor series gets off to a great start with After All and has the potential to be popular with readers.
Between the beautiful cover of After All is a captivating read sure to have readers laughing out loud or sobbing into their
Serenechaosnyc
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book by Heidi McLaughlin, which I received through NetGalley, and overall, I enjoyed this book. It had a really sweeping feel, a bit of a saga and it was well written and nicely descriptive. There was a bit of angst, a bit of a twist and strong characters that draw you into the story. However, I did find a couple of things were a bit off.

This story focused on Brooklyn and Bowie. They initially met when Brooklyn first came to Cape Harbor in her teens and she was enclosed into
Sharon
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, what a beautiful story that will give you all the feels! You'll laugh, cry and fall in love! Heidi blew this out of the water, I love these characters! 5 shining stars for this one!
Brooklyn has to head back home, to a place she swore she'd never return to. Along with her 14 yr old daughter Brystol, they head back to Cape Harbor to help her daughter's grandmother with renovating the Inn. While there she runs into her old best friend Bowie, who will have you swooning along with his dog Lucky!
Jaime Reynolds
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This small town, second chance romance is absolutely phenomenal!! Left me speechless with a hangover. It is also one heck of an emotional rollercoaster that will suck every emotion out of you. I loved, laughed and cried. Everything about this story - the plot, characters, surrounding - is fantastic and a must read!!!
Courtney  Hagel-Swinson
Well-written story, but there was just something about it that I couldn’t connect to. It felt like there was so much internalization and many things felt unresolved. I was rooting for Bowie and Brooklyn so hard, but just didn’t feel their connection. They went from hate to love so fast, but there was no romance. This story has a lot of potential, but feel like we only scratched the surface.
Annette
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heidi wrote what I love most....small town, second chance romance!

Bowie and Brooklyn....I felt so bad for them. Just when I think it can’t get any worse it does. Everyone made choices and some we’ll never get answers but seeing them move forward is everything.

I love these characters and you really felt for them and the situations they were in....not that that’s an excuse for their behavior at all. Both trying to navigate through the last 15 years you see parts of the past and get a true
Shannon
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After All is solid and well written from start to finish. Heidi McLaughlin takes her storytelling craft to a whole new level as she immerses readers in the sea side town of Cape Harbor and leads us on a journey that lasts well beyond the last page. After All is screenplay worthy and a must read.
Michelle Dare
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heidi McLaughlin crafted an amazing second chance romance in After All. Every word pulled me deeper into the story where I stayed until the very end. I laughed, wanted to cry for the characters, and rejoiced at the beautiful happily ever after. I can't wait to find out where Heidi takes us next.
Tiffany
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I feel like this book should of came with a warning. It was beyond good. It made me laugh, cry, and mad. I have been waiting for this book for a very long time. Maybe because my little girls name is Brystol. We have been counting down the days until this book came out.
Nancy Metsch
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an amazing 2nd chance love story.
Heidi did an amazing job and I cannot wait for her fans to read it
Rebecca Lazarus
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book broke my heart and then put it back together. Brooklyn and bowie's story was heartbreaking and hard but worth it.
Danielle Pearl
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My goddamn heart. Review to follow...
Cherie Maggi
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved every moment of this story. It was full of sadness, forgiveness, heartache, letting go, moving on, and finally happiness. Being from the Pacific Northwest made this story that much more.
Shari Ryan
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After All had me captured from the very first page. Heidi’s writing is flawless and breathtaking. After All is a heartfelt story that defines the true meaning of a second-chance romance. The settings and characters were full of so much detail that I felt every ounce of heartbreak and happiness, and could imagine each scene playing out like a movie. This is by far my top read of 2019!
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Bianca Maesen
Jennifer Phillips
Danielle Trainer pollard
Oct 23, 2019

• Always Enough (Meet Me in Montana, #2)
  • Bad Alibi (Redemption #1)
  • Release
  • Bully (Fall Away, #1)
  • The Sheikh’s Unexpected Fiancée (Omirabad Sheikhs #3)
  • Lucky Caller
  • The Woman Inside
  • I'm Yours
  • The Camera Never Lies
  • For You (The 'Burg, #1)
  • On A Night Like This (Callaways, #1)
  • Come Back for Me (Arrowood Brothers, #1)
  • Rumors
  • The Protector (Aces #2)
  • The Billionaire King’s Heir (European Billionaire Beaus, #3)
  • The Savior (Aces #1)
  • Rock Star, Unbroken  (Tragic Duet, #2)
  • The Friend Zone
Heidi McLaughlin is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of The Beaumont Series, The Boys of Summer, and The Archers.

Originally, from the Pacific Northwest, she now lives in picturesque Vermont, with her husband, two daughters, and their three dogs.

In 2012, Heidi turned her passion for reading into a full-fledged literary career, writing over twenty novels,