Start by marking “Precarious Pasta (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #14)” as Want to Read:
Precarious Pasta (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #14)

Precarious Pasta

(Cozy Corgi Mysteries #14)

Halloween creeps in, bringing costumes, carbs, and a corpse or two…

Estes Park is bustling with fall tourists as Winifred and Katie deck out the Cozy Corgi Bookstore and Bakery, while corgi mascot, Watson, helps in his own special way—snacking, napping, and being his adorable grumpy self.

When Fred and Leo’s date at the romantic restaurant, Pasta Thyme, leads to an
Published October 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Precarious Pasta, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Precarious Pasta

Start your review of Precarious Pasta (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #14)
Nola Arganbright
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
On the right track?

Another exciting adventure for Free and Watson. Brandon is back in town and it increases the angst as to whether the latest murders are related to the crime family or not.
Robin Powers
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I know I said the last book was my favorite but THIS BOOK is my favorite. This series keeps heating up with more twists, more accusations and more danger. I really enjoyed trying to figure out which suspicious person tried to get away with murder in my favorite town of Estes Park. Fred's reputation is really starting to make her the person you do NOT want showing up at your house...or business. I loved quirky Watson and all of the crazy pets. There is so much I could say about this story but ...more
Laura Thomas
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mystery
I would love to visit Estes Park on Halloween. Mildred brings the town to life and I can see how magical and fun it must be. But with fun comes murder and Fred will need her scooby gang to get things sorted out.

I love how Fred has grown throughout the series. She’s learned to trust and rely on her friends as sounding boards and partners to worry out the facts. Her romance with Leo is so sweet but I worry about the mysterious contents of an envelope she receives about Leo. And it’s always fun to
Debby
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Twists and turns

This new installment in our view of the adventures of Fred and Watson, and their band of family and friends, brings us to Halloween in Estes Park. With a murder or two in town, and a grumpy corgi in tow, Fred has her hands full tackling the twists and turns that are thrown her way.

There are surprises in store, and they made this book a “must read” for me. If you’ve been reading this series, you will want to indulge in this newest. If you are new to the series, I recommend book
Erica Chaillot
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is by far the best of the series, and I know that I say it with every installment. Fred, Leo, and Katie are back to their skills and their personality keeps us intrigued. The secondary characters are quirky and fit in well with the town. And that letter... OMG!!!
Nina Derr
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
By far this probably my favorite out of the while series. It almost feels like a cliffhanger! You can't help but fall more and more in love with these characters after each book. As always I'm looking forward to the next installment.
Grammy 1
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review by Gloria Lakritz Sr Reviewer and Review Chair for the Paranormal Romance Guild
5 *****Stars

Pages:416
Release date: Oct 21, 2019
Genre : Mystery Thriller
Rated: Adult

Mildred Abbott has had me hooked with the Cozy Corgi Mystery stories! We have woven our way through the town of Estes with many secrets, murders and mysteries……But I have to say, Ms Abbott I think this one is one of the
Victoria Smiser
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What could be a better way to face the first chilly days of Autumn than the release of a new Cozy Corgi mystery? Started off the evening by opening my Kindle to revisit some of my favorite Estes Park characters.
With Fabulous Uncle Percival barging in to do a marvelous make-over on Fred before a not-casual dinner date with Leo, I knew I was home with familiar friends and in for a good read.
By the end of the fourth chapter, as I yelled “No!!” out loud, I realized that the readers’ imagination was
Krystyna
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Watson falls out over Sherlock

Terrific. Back to the great books we have grown to expect although I do wish that she had opened the envelope about Leo. It's going to keep bugging me now. A plot that more twists and turns then a helter-skelter with murder as the lead. Schemes within schemes are revealed and as we get to the climax we have another murder and a barely averted one. The solution will come as a surprise to all, I got one culprit right but for the wrong crime and the other came like a
Karen
Shelves: m-f, cozy-mystery
What a great read!! A perfectly executed murder mystery with an incredibly lovable heroine and the best sidekick ever. Watson is fierce and has so much personality for such a little dog.

I loved the suspense and sense of unease and danger that permeated the story. So many red herrings to sort out and never being quite certain who’s innocent or who poses a threat, with so many people not being what they seem at first glance. One of the things I loved most is that the story is framed in the
Terri
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have missed a couple of installments in this series, and this book makes me anxious to go back to see what I've missed. I'm happy to see Fred and Leo together, with their wonderful dynamic of love, respect, and patience. I adore Katie and the others who love Fred. I even like Susan, who is now much more tolerant when dealing with Fred. My favorite character, of course, is Watson the cranky corgi. He has more attitude than anyone in town!
The murder mystery this time takes place around
Sherry Vaughan
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cliffhanger Alert

This latest book is rather bittersweet. Why, you ask? I can't tell you because it will spoil the end. After 1 murder in town, all clues point to the Irons family. Of course, Fran can't help but look into it with Susan's blessing. But the more Fred looks the more she obssesses about them, and, the more she confuses herself. Finally, when she thinks she has it all figured out, something happens that makes her doubt herself. (It doesn't help that Branson pops up from time to time.)
Terri Nelson
Precarious pasta

Lies, suspense, intrigue all with a bit of romance. Precarious Pasta is a page turner. The plot twists and turns kept me guessing right up to the end! Fred and Watson are a great duo. And I just love her Scooby gang. Characters are fully developed, I can close my eyes and just picture them, along with the various businesses in their town. Please, keep the Cozy Corgi mysteries coming.
M. White
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun series!

This is #14 in the cozy corgi mysteries series, and I found it just as enjoyable as the first 13. I own the whole series and love them. The plots are well drawn to keep you guessing, and the continuing character development and growth leaves you feeling that you really know these people. I highly recommend this series to all cozy readers.
Carolyn
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Murder to Solve at Halloween

Fred and Katie are getting ready to celebrate Halloween at The Cozy Corgi. Unfortunately Branson is back and everyone is on edge. Is Branson guilty of the latest crimes and can Leo and Fred stay out of his reach? A thrilling adventure. Recommend Series.
karen
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Surprise ending

I never guessed the ending.
It was nice to revisit Fred and Katie.
Mildred is very good at dialog it makes you feel that you are in the room .
Looking forward to the next installment.
Janice
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love this series

This is one of the most complex of the plots. It was so enjoyable to puzzle along with Fred, Leo, and Katie as the story unfolded. And grumpy Watson never disappoints.
Kathy
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great cozy

Ok I love Fred and Katie and if course Watson and all of the characters in this wonderful series by Mildred Abbott. I can't wait till the next book. If you're a cozy lover then this series is a must read
Laura Jager
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read!

I'm always excited to see another book released in this series. The only problem is I read them too fast and then have to wait for the next one. I love the characters and the descriptions of all the delicious sounding baked goodies make my mouth water.
Sherrel
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Precarious Pasta

This is one of my favorite series!
Lots of action in this episode and more revelations about the Irons Family
The face slapping wife of an Italian restauranteur provides a bit of comic relief (of sorts)
Diane McKenzie
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading several twisted and complicated mysteries, it was a delight to kick back with Fred, Watson, Leo, and Katie in Estes Park. Abbott brought back Branson and he is lurking in the background most likely to be included in a future Cozy Corgi Mystery.
Jean A Wells
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhh.. satisfied my Corgi craving for now!

Enjoyed Precarious Pasta immensely. I’m always surprised by who the murderer actually is. Christmas seems like a long time to wait for the next book. Thanks for all the happy hours I’ve spent reading your books!
Dawncee
Dec 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Very Enjoyable

I picked this book to read because it said it was a Halloween story and it was almost that time of the year when I bought it. You will have a hard time figuring out who is the murderer! Very enjoyable book.
MARY Arias
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Corgi hilarity!

I have had more fun reading this series and look forward to December. Fred, don't open the envelope! Secrets should be shared by the person owning them! I look forward to the next escapades,Watson is so real, you do a wonderful job of dog speak. Mary
Eirlys
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The latest adventure featuring Fred and the wonderful, grumpy Watson. Murder strikes again and they go into detective mode.There were so many twists and red herrings that I was confused. The unmasking of the guilty party was very tense. I loved it.
Gail Worley
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Waiting for the next book

Because there are so many twists and turns
I can't put it down. Hurry up Mildred I can't wait to see if she gives in to opening it. I hope it isn't to bad.
Kelly Chambers
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kept My Interest

The book kept my interest and I was excited to read this one whenever I found the time. I like how the characters are always there to add more intrigue to their background, storyline. Excited to read the next one!
Sharon
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delightful Read

Once again the author created an interesting story that has kept my interest to the last page and even into the next book ( will she or won't she ?)You have to read the book to figure it out
Linda Rainey
Another interesting Cozy

This was another interesting cozy filled with plenty twists and turns.
I enjoyed the storyline and the characters.
This book is recommended for those who love cozy mysteries.
Sue
Another great adventure

I really love this series. Watson and Fred latest adventure kept me guessing until the end and never wanted it to end

• The Christmas Clause: A Cozy Mystery (A Tess and Tilly Cozy Mystery Book 8)
  • Brownies and Bloodshed (Peridale Cafe Cozy Mystery, #19)
  • The Haunted Wedding (A Lin Coffin Mystery #12)
  • Note in the Nutcracker
  • Cheesecake and Confusion (Peridale Cafe Mystery #18)
  • HOSTAGE TO FORTUNE (CLAIRE ROLLINS #8)
  • Pilgrim in the Parlor (The Inn at Holiday Bay #6)
  • The Mystery Before Christmas (Cat in the Attic, #2)
  • Celtic Christmas (Zoe Donovan Cozy Mystery, #33)
  • The Catnap Before Christmas (Whales and Tales, #19)
  • Lykoi Larceny (Marjorie's Cozy Kitten Cafe #3)
  • Chartreux Shock (Marjorie's Cozy Kitten Cafe #2)
  • Mixing Up Murder (Little Dog Diner Book 1)
  • Blizzard in the Bay (The Inn at Holiday Bay, #8)
  • The Mousse Wonderful Time of Year
  • Thanksgiving by the Sea (Haunting by the Sea, #5)
  • The Curse of Hollister House (A Cat in the Attic Book, #1)
  • Panic in the Treats (Sweetfern Harbor #16)
Reading the Cozy Corgi series is pretty much all you need to know about Mildred. In real life, she’s obsessed with everything she writes about: Corgis, Books, Cozy Mountain Towns, and Baked Goods. She’s not obsessed with murder, however. At least not at her own hands (nor paid for… no contract killing here). But since childhood, starting with Nancy Drew, trying to figure out who-dun-it has played ...more

Cozy Corgi Mysteries (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Cruel Candy (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #1)
  • Traitorous Toys (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #2)
  • Bickering Birds (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #3)
  • Savage Sourdough (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #4)
  • Scornful Scones (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #5)
  • Chaotic Corgis (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #6)
  • Quarrelsome Quartz (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #7)
  • Wicked Wildlife (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #8)
  • Malevolent Magic (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #9)
  • Killer Keys (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #10)