Start by marking “Precarious Pasta (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #14)” as Want to Read:
Precarious Pasta (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #14)

Precarious Pasta

(Cozy Corgi Mysteries #14)

Halloween creeps in, bringing costumes, carbs, and a corpse or two…

Estes Park is bustling with fall tourists as Winifred and Katie deck out the Cozy Corgi Bookstore and Bakery, while corgi mascot, Watson, helps in his own special way—snacking, napping, and being his adorable grumpy self.

When Fred and Leo’s date at the romantic restaurant, Pasta Thyme, leads to an invit
Published October 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Precarious Pasta, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Precarious Pasta

Start your review of Precarious Pasta (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #14)
Robin Powers
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I know I said the last book was my favorite but THIS BOOK is my favorite. This series keeps heating up with more twists, more accusations and more danger. I really enjoyed trying to figure out which suspicious person tried to get away with murder in my favorite town of Estes Park. Fred's reputation is really starting to make her the person you do NOT want showing up at your house...or business. I loved quirky Watson and all of the crazy pets. There is so much I could say about this story but I'l ...more
Debby
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Twists and turns

This new installment in our view of the adventures of Fred and Watson, and their band of family and friends, brings us to Halloween in Estes Park. With a murder or two in town, and a grumpy corgi in tow, Fred has her hands full tackling the twists and turns that are thrown her way.

There are surprises in store, and they made this book a “must read” for me. If you’ve been reading this series, you will want to indulge in this newest. If you are new to the series, I recommend book
Nina Derr
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
By far this probably my favorite out of the while series. It almost feels like a cliffhanger! You can't help but fall more and more in love with these characters after each book. As always I'm looking forward to the next installment.
Grammy 1
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review by Gloria Lakritz Sr Reviewer and Review Chair for the Paranormal Romance Guild
5 *****Stars

Pages:416
Release date: Oct 21, 2019
Genre : Mystery Thriller
Rated: Adult

Mildred Abbott has had me hooked with the Cozy Corgi Mystery stories! We have woven our way through the town of Estes with many secrets, murders and mysteries……But
Victoria Smiser
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What could be a better way to face the first chilly days of Autumn than the release of a new Cozy Corgi mystery? Started off the evening by opening my Kindle to revisit some of my favorite Estes Park characters.
With Fabulous Uncle Percival barging in to do a marvelous make-over on Fred before a not-casual dinner date with Leo, I knew I was home with familiar friends and in for a good read.
By the end of the fourth chapter, as I yelled “No!!” out loud, I realized that the readers’ imaginati
Karen
Shelves: cozy-mystery, m-f
What a great read!! A perfectly executed murder mystery with an incredibly lovable heroine and the best sidekick ever. Watson is fierce and has so much personality for such a little dog.

I loved the suspense and sense of unease and danger that permeated the story. So many red herrings to sort out and never being quite certain who’s innocent or who poses a threat, with so many people not being what they seem at first glance. One of the things I loved most is that the story is framed in the larger
Krystyna
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Watson falls out over Sherlock

Terrific. Back to the great books we have grown to expect although I do wish that she had opened the envelope about Leo. It's going to keep bugging me now. A plot that more twists and turns then a helter-skelter with murder as the lead. Schemes within schemes are revealed and as we get to the climax we have another murder and a barely averted one. The solution will come as a surprise to all, I got one culprit right but for the wrong crime and the other came like a
Sherry Vaughan
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cliffhanger Alert

This latest book is rather bittersweet. Why, you ask? I can't tell you because it will spoil the end. After 1 murder in town, all clues point to the Irons family. Of course, Fran can't help but look into it with Susan's blessing. But the more Fred looks the more she obssesses about them, and, the more she confuses herself. Finally, when she thinks she has it all figured out, something happens that makes her doubt herself. (It doesn't help that Branson pops up from time to ti
Terri Nelson
Precarious pasta

Lies, suspense, intrigue all with a bit of romance. Precarious Pasta is a page turner. The plot twists and turns kept me guessing right up to the end! Fred and Watson are a great duo. And I just love her Scooby gang. Characters are fully developed, I can close my eyes and just picture them, along with the various businesses in their town. Please, keep the Cozy Corgi mysteries coming.
M. White
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun series!

This is #14 in the cozy corgi mysteries series, and I found it just as enjoyable as the first 13. I own the whole series and love them. The plots are well drawn to keep you guessing, and the continuing character development and growth leaves you feeling that you really know these people. I highly recommend this series to all cozy readers.
MARY Arias
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Corgi hilarity!

I have had more fun reading this series and look forward to December. Fred, don't open the envelope! Secrets should be shared by the person owning them! I look forward to the next escapades,Watson is so real, you do a wonderful job of dog speak. Mary
karen
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Surprise ending

I never guessed the ending.
It was nice to revisit Fred and Katie.
Mildred is very good at dialog it makes you feel that you are in the room .
Looking forward to the next installment.
Laura Jager
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read!

I'm always excited to see another book released in this series. The only problem is I read them too fast and then have to wait for the next one. I love the characters and the descriptions of all the delicious sounding baked goodies make my mouth water.
Sharon
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delightful Read

Once again the author created an interesting story that has kept my interest to the last page and even into the next book ( will she or won't she ?)You have to read the book to figure it out 😉
Kathy
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great cozy

Ok I love Fred and Katie and if course Watson and all of the characters in this wonderful series by Mildred Abbott. I can't wait till the next book. If you're a cozy lover then this series is a must read
Linda Rainey
Another interesting Cozy

This was another interesting cozy filled with plenty twists and turns.
I enjoyed the storyline and the characters.
This book is recommended for those who love cozy mysteries.
Jean A Wells
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhh.. satisfied my Corgi craving for now!😃

Enjoyed Precarious Pasta immensely. I’m always surprised by who the murderer actually is. Christmas seems like a long time to wait for the next book. Thanks for all the happy hours I’ve spent reading your books!
Gail Worley
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Waiting for the next book

Because there are so many twists and turns
I can't put it down. Hurry up Mildred I can't wait to see if she gives in to opening it. I hope it isn't to bad.
Eirlys
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The latest adventure featuring Fred and the wonderful, grumpy Watson. Murder strikes again and they go into detective mode.There were so many twists and red herrings that I was confused. The unmasking of the guilty party was very tense. I loved it.
Marguerite Long
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
They just get better❣❣❣❣. ...more
Michelle Nelson Lowery
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Precarious Pasta!

She never disappoints with her turns and twists. They’re always a page turner! I love how they are connected one to another and that they can stand alone too!
Lori Elms
Enjoyed it!

Just like all the previous cozy corgi books, this one is terrific. I really like the characters in these books. Can't wait for the next one.
Cassidy Hara
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As always

I go through these books in this series. Too fast. But that says something. That this series is damn good and this book is just another part of that sweet icing.
Sue
Another great adventure

I really love this series. Watson and Fred latest adventure kept me guessing until the end and never wanted it to end
Mary Kirby
Good book

I love the cozy corgi mysteries. Fred ,Watson, Katie and Loe are old friends you now. I can’t wait to read what happens next.
Marianne
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Always enjoy this mysteries. Quirky like Corgis.
Kim Geisler-Baker
Another wonderful book

I love this series! I can't wait for the next episode. All of the books have been great and kept me revived till the end.
Susan K Lacy
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the Cozy Corgi books. This is the best one yet. Can't wait for the next book! That envelope better be good news!
Cynthia L Long
Nov 05, 2019
Martha F. Corley
Nov 17, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Pilgrim in the Parlor (The Inn at Holiday Bay #6)
  • Cheesecake and Confusion (Peridale Cafe Mystery #18)
  • HOSTAGE TO FORTUNE (CLAIRE ROLLINS #8)
  • Lykoi Larceny (Marjorie's Cozy Kitten Cafe Book 3)
  • The Halloween Haunting: A Cozy Mystery (A Tess and Tilly Cozy Mystery Book 7)
  • The Curse of Hollister House (A Cat in the Attic Book, #1)
  • Turmoil in Savannah: A Made in Savannah Cozy Mystery (Made in Savannah Cozy Mysteries Series Book 13)
  • Sand, Sea and a Skeleton (Dune House Cozy Mystery Book 17)
  • THE CATNAP BEFORE CHRISTMAS (WHALES AND TALES #19)
  • SWEET ADDITIONS (SWEET COVE COZY MYSTER, #17)
  • Haunting in the Hallway (The Inn at Holiday Bay #5)
  • Murder at Corgi Country Club (Wagging Tail Cozy Mystery Book 5)
  • With Killer Views (Flamingo Realty Mystery #6)
  • Wicked Harvest (Dewberry Farm Mysteries Book 6)
  • Raccoon Racketeer (Pet Whisperer P.I. #7)
  • Swamp Santa (Miss Fortune Mystery #16)
  • Chartreux Shock (Marjorie's Cozy Kitten Cafe Book 2)
  • Dishing Up Deceit (Little Dog Diner Book 3)
Reading the Cozy Corgi series is pretty much all you need to know about Mildred. In real life, she’s obsessed with everything she writes about: Corgis, Books, Cozy Mountain Towns, and Baked Goods. She’s not obsessed with murder, however. At least not at her own hands (nor paid for… no contract killing here). But since childhood, starting with Nancy Drew, trying to figure out who-dun-it has played ...more

Cozy Corgi Mysteries (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Cruel Candy (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #1)
  • Traitorous Toys (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #2)
  • Bickering Birds (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #3)
  • Savage Sourdough (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #4)
  • Scornful Scones (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #5)
  • Chaotic Corgis (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #6)
  • Quarrelsome Quartz (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #7)
  • Wicked Wildlife (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #8)
  • Malevolent Magic (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #9)
  • Killer Keys (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #10)