Start by marking “Forgotten Gods: Books 1-3” as Want to Read:
Forgotten Gods: Books 1-3

Forgotten Gods: Books 1-3

(Forgotten Gods #1-3)

Enter the world of the Egyptian Goddesses in the complete Forgotten Gods series.

Fall in love with gods and uncover twisted plots alongside Serket, Sekhmet, and Rhodopis.

Three standalone paranormal/fantasy romances based on Ancient Egyptian mythology.

- D
Published October 21st 2019 by Drowlgon Press

To ask other readers questions about Forgotten Gods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forgotten Gods

Start your review of Forgotten Gods: Books 1-3
Renée
Dec 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Forgotten Gods Collection by Laura Greenwood includes the following four stories:
* Protectors of Poison
* Daughter of the Sun
* Servant of Chaos
* Priestess of Truth (short story)

This is a fabulous contemporary romance collection, inspired by Egyptian mythology. Laura Greenwood has managed to create wonderful characters based on information that’s know about the Egyptian Gods. You can definitely see the level of research that has gone into making this truly a beautiful and intriguing series.

Pro
Space Cowgirl
Jan 17, 2020 rated it liked it
ADULT Historical Egyptian Romances💕
This is a 📦Box set of fictitious short stories and novellas📚 about various ancient female Egyptian🐊🐍 deities. The stories are written in first person, which I don't particularly care for.

There is not a lot about ancient Egyptian culture🐍🐊 in these stories📚, except in "Daughter Of The Sun" and "Servant of Chaos". Instead,the author📚 has the deities mostly trying to cope in modern times, without being discovered, since they were immortal.

The stories focus on rela
Donna
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This boxset contains the complete series of the Forgotten Gods series, making it great value. I really enjoyed reading these stories and seeing a different side to Gods and Goddesses from mythology, as well as meeting some new ones. My only negative is that, while we see great personal development of the characters and romantic tales, the general storyline action that is supposed to happen throughout the books never actually comes to anything, which is rather disappointing and a bit of a damp sq ...more
Susie
Jan 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Susie by: Booksprout

Booked By Random

*I received a free digital ARC via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.*

Ups and downs

This is a series based on Egyptian Gods coping with living in the modern world. Each book in this box set is reviewed individually below.

Book 1: Protectors of Poison
Serket has been hiding for years, pretending to be the human, Sera. She moves around a lot, so not to create suspicion on the fact that she ages extremely slowly. She’s quite happy to have left her old life behind, despite her wa
Emily Pennington
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This set includes the 4 books in this series. The titles are: Protectors of Poison, Priestess of Truth, Daughter of the Sun, and Servant of Chaos. Below is a review of one of them to give you an idea of what’s included.

*** Reviewing “PRIESTESS OF TRUTH” ***
Demi-goddess and Priestess Edrice was not looking for a soulmate when she went to the travelling fair based on the excited tales of the other priestesses of the Egyptian goddess Ma'at, goddess of truth, justice, harmony, and balance. The fun a
Darcy Smith
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really loved Protectors of Poison. Yes, it is a quick read but it is definitely good. It has some mystery, suspense, drama, and romance. It is extremely well written and the characters are beautifully developed. I loved Sera and Sed together. They have great chemistry and personalities. The story is different with the Egyptian Gods and how they would be in today’s society. It made a very unique story. I would have loved it to be longer just because I would have loved to read more about Sera an ...more
Michelle
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksprout-arc, arc, 2020
I've read each of these books separately and loved getting them in a box set. This author has piqued my interest into the world of mythology and I look forward to reading more of her books in the future.
Protectors of Poison:
This is a quick, well written story with a mix of mystery, mythology, shifters and romance. I love the way the past and present collide with magic and the journey we go on with Sera to find out why she's losing her powers and if she can get them back. I will definitely be loo
Melody
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enter the world of the Egyptian Goddesses in the complete Forgotten Gods series!!!!
The Complete Forgotten Gods Series Includes:
Fall in love with gods Serket, Sekhmet, and Rhodopis.
- Daughter of the Sun
​​​​​​​- Servant of Chaos

Oh my this box set is Extremely captivating, sexy, steamy,Sizzling chemistry, dark desires and scorching heat are paired beautifully with a dramatic and engaging storyline that grab my attention and ho
Agata Jędrzejewska
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Protectors of Poison 5⭐️
Our scorpion goddess is very kindhearted, caring for every living. Someone is trying to destroy her, but luckily she get help. Help from someone who seems to be made for her, caring and devoted. In process they might as well save much more than just Seket’s future.

Priestess of Truth 4⭐️
This very very short story telling us how two meant to be together demi-gods did meet and did believe in each other and being together. It was nice.

Daughter of the Sun 5⭐️
Very interesting s
sherri jones-teachout
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Egyptian priests, priestesses, Gods, and Goddesses all want the same as humans. Love and respect.
A forgotten Goddess of healing has been asked by a lesser God to save Osiris. She has been set up to look like one of her scorpions has poisoned him. But because she has been forgotten by humans she hardly has any magic or healing left. Or is there a more sinister reason why she has little magic? A priestess accepts that a high priest lion shifter is her true love after a tarot reader confirms it an
Jamie Jack
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Some Problems, But Good Characters to Follow

What an interesting set of stories! This quick-read series, all so conveniently packaged together in this collection, has so many elements to it: ancient Egyptian gods and goddesses, shifters, priestesses, modern-day elements, and of course, romance! One in this collection is actually a short story, but I thought it was very well done (though I would have loved to see more!). I think I enjoyed the last story the most as the main character is so compell
Kaye
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ONE CHART TOPPING COLLECTION!!!
Freaking fantastic! Laura drops the bomb and lowers the boom, weaving a cocoon so intricately and tight, drawing you deeper into this tangled web, until everything else ceases to exist. A raging tempest of daunting circumstances and surprising inconsistencies, blow this baby into the eye of the storm, bursting it into a tailspin with an astonishing culmination. Sparks fly as drama, distress, intrigue, turmoil, danger and soaring suspense, keeps you riveted on a raz
Denise
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a NON-SPOILER REVIEW. The Forgotten Gods: The Complete Series by Laura Greenwood is a set of three books. This was an exciting read for me because I absolutely love mythology. especially Egyptian mythology. This set of three books is an awesome rollercoaster ride full of fun, drama, emotional turmoil and brilliantly written characters. I actually read the first book (Protectors of Poison) when it first released in 2018 and fell in love with Sera's story. When I saw all the books put toge ...more
Billie
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
- Daughter of the Sun
​​​​​​​- Servant of Chaos

This is a brilliant boxset of novels.
Wonderful well written plot and story lines that
Reena
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All books in the "Forgotten Gods" series in one bundle? Yes, please! I've read the stories individually, but having them in one handy boxed set is a real treat. Each book can be read as a standalone, but why read only one? The author has done a wonderful job of incorporating the Egyptian mythology and gods in the storyline. An excellent read, with plenty of romance and steam, well-written and with great world and character buidling. Clear your weekend calendar, grab a copy and you won't be disap ...more
Michelle
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite series from the author, partly because I love Egyptian mythology, and these books are all based off of Egyptian myths. It is hard to say which would be my favorite, as I loved them all. They are all standalone, and each have a touch of romance and the author's own twist on an old myth regarding the various gods and goddesses. The books are fairly short, but not so short as to take away getting to know the characters well enough. They also do not have to be read in orde ...more
Aimee Bower
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The author weaved really enjoyable stories that features Egyptian mythology. Take the adventure that features the God and Godess as their stories are told. The stories written will take away for awhile. You have stories featuring Sekhmet, Serket and others that are included. You will also be reading about a story featuring Rhodopis, which is loosed based on the legend.
I enjoyed the stories in the set, loved the story the author wrote for each of them.

I received a free copy of this book via Book
Anita Fuhrmann
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it
I have read a number of books by Ms. Greenwood and this boxed set is not going to be a favorite by any means. The stories are well-written but I never felt any connection to the characters or even to the subject matter for that matter. Maybe I would have enjoyed them more if I had been more interested in mythology, to begin with. Probably my loss since this is a very good author and her other books are great.

Douglas Williamson
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the complete series of Egyptian themed paranormal romance stories.

The stories are set in the time of Egyptian gods. They are well written and easy to read, with interesting plots that with some unexpected twists to it which keep you on your toes. The characters are well developed and present interesting variants on the original myths. Personally, I really enjoyed the Egyptian mythology elements throughout this series. Overall, an excellent series and a very enjoyable read.

Highly recommen
muts
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
All nice and easy to read story's set in Egypt. Where gods, goddess, high priests, demigods, worshippers all have a role to play.
The nice thing is it is set in modern times, therefore the old gods face new challenges. As always Laura Greenwood has come up with some more lovely stories. These story's are Great to read if you are looking for a break from heavy story's. Especially the short story's are great quick reads.
That being said, I feel these story's could have had a bit more depth and detai
Buttercup1201
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A collection of mythological stories, Protector of Poison, Priestess of Truth, Daughter of the Sun and Servant of Chaos.

Each tale is about finding love in an unexpected person, forgotten, and finding who you really are. I read the series over a weekend and enjoyed each tale. My favorite was Servant of Chaos. Her acceptance of her life is changed and how she grows is well written and powerful.

Christinaraven
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great way to grab the complete series and read it in one go. All the stories are fun to read and not too deep or scary. Just a good way to read away a weekend. I liked the mix/new take on Mythology with a hint of today and some magic and god power mixed in. Individually they are quick reads with interesting characters and did have a plot that was easy to follow. They were steamy and made me laugh. Plus they were not all the same story.
Claudia
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Gods, when not prayed to, lose their magical powers. This is a collection of stories about gods, who live a life of their own, nearly forgotten, but not entirely....
A nice collection of short stories or novelettes, with interesting characters, who face new and unexpected challenges.
The stories are entertaining, not connected, stand-alone stories. Light-hearted fun to read.
Erin
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This collection with an Egyptian mythology setting makes for a great series. Each book follows along a different goddess, priestess, or slave mixing the human would and the world of the gods together. Book 1 Serket, Book 1.5 Priestes Edrice, Book 2 Sekhmet, and Book 3 Rhodopis. Each book brought something interesting to this collection.
Scarolet Ellis
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Forgotten Gods: The Complete Series by Laura Greenwood is such an amazing series that I have read. I was not sure wha to expect when I started rading this complete series but I loved reading it from start to finish. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about Gods, fantasy and paranormal romances.

Emily
Feb 18, 2020 added it
The Forgotten Gods box set contains 3 standalone books about Ancient Egyptian gods set in modern day. I really enjoyed the stories which were all well written and exciting! They all have excellent romance and it was easy to keep reading. These books have lots of mystery and I liked the mythology. I think my favourite was Protectors of Poison, but they are all great! I definitely recommend this collection!

Amber  Christiansen
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
These stories are all interesting with fun romances. The only real disappointment is that the build-up of a conflict between gods was left unresolved. I'm hoping that the new series in this universe coming out in May will cover that.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review but my opinions are my own.
DMA
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a very interesting set of books with an unusual and unique take on some of the Egyptian gods.
Interesting characters and storylines with good detail in the world building.
Would recommend if your looking for something a bit diffetent

SEng
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this collection of stories. These Egyptian gods and goddess captured my attention and I couldn’t put them down. These characters come to life with passion, action and suspense in these stories. I was happy to be able to binge read this series. I received an arc of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.

• Lumberjack Bears Boxed Set: Books 1 - 5
  • Immortal (Dark Angels #1)
  • Kiss Me, Your Grace (Cherrill Family #1)
  • Married to the Earl (The Wallflower Brides #3)
  • Protected by the Dragon (District Shifters #4)
  • Stalked by the Rogue Wolf (Cajun Werewolves of the Bayou #1)
  • The Relics of Ar'Zac Trilogy
  • The Colonel and The Enchantress (The Enchantresses #4)
  • Captured (Garrison Earth, #1)
  • Cruxes and Crime (Sleepy Hollow Academy #4)
  • Mad About Dukes
  • The Sheikh's Surprise Twins (Qadir Sheikhs #1)
  • Fated in Forbidden (Alphas & Alchemy: Fierce Mates, #2)
  • Boss Blues (Sunnyside Retired Witches Community #5)
  • Shattered Curse (Gods & Monsters, #3)
  • A Deceptive Potion (Happy Blendings Witch #5)
  • Endless (Detyen Warriors, #5)
  • Affairs of the Immortal: The Valentine's Day Affair (NSFW Born Vampire, #5.3)
Laura is a USA Today Bestselling Author of paranormal, fantasy, and urban fantasy romance (though she can occasionally be found writing contemporary romance). When she's not writing, she drinks a lot of tea, tries to resist French macarons, and works towards a diploma in Egyptology. She lives in the UK, where most of her books are set.

You can check out Laura's Website here:
www.authorlauragreenwo

Forgotten Gods (6 books)
  • Protectors of Poison (Forgotten Gods, #1)
  • Daughter of the Sun (Forgotten Gods, #2)
  • Servant of Chaos (Forgotten Gods, #3)
  • Devourer of Hearts (Forgotten Gods, #4)
  • Acolyte of Truth (Forgotten Gods, #5)
  • Empress of the Dark (Forgotten Gods, #6)

News & Interviews