Start by marking “For Her Own Good” as Want to Read:
For Her Own Good

For Her Own Good

From USA Today Bestselling author Tamsen Parker comes a taboo romance of risk-taking, redemption, and how to give voice to our greatest fears and our greatest desires.

“Don’t be greedy,” he murmurs into my hair, and it makes me all the more desperate.
“Daddy, I am greedy.”

When Dr. Lowry Campbell saved my life as a suicidal teen, I thought he was the most perfect man I’d
Kindle Edition
Published October 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about For Her Own Good, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Her Own Good

Start your review of For Her Own Good
Briar's Reviews
Oh man, oh man, oh man! Another Tamsen Parker gem!!

This book is a 6 out of 5, but unfortunately that rating does not exist on this site so I guess I can settle with just a 5 out of 5.

Seriously though, this one was a DOOZIE!

Tamsen has amped up the plot, has some truly epic references and kept me hooked the entire time! Starla and Lowry (amazing names, by the way) are one incredibly interesting pair that make this book feel more than just a romantic, erotic tale. These characters fel
warhawke
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Daddy's girls
Genre: Contemporary/Erotic Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Wealth meant nothing to Starla Patrick when she had been battling with her mental well-being for half of her life. Fifteen years ago a psychiatrist changed her life in more than one way. Now, Dr. Lowry Campbell is back and upended her life all over again. This time around, things would be different for better or worse.

If I only have one thing to say about Lowry it’s that aye, he’s a fecking nice Scottish bloke with a dirty fecking mouth lol! I liked how hDual
Rating:Standalone
POV:Romance
Type:
Jessica Alcazar
The first thing I want to make sure everyone understands is that if you’re looking for a daddy kink taboo read, this isn’t it. I’m probably not going to say this correctly, but this is the story of a grown woman making her mental health circumstances her bitch who also happens to prefer a protector/someone to take charge sexually. Her sexual kink happens to manifest itself best when Daddy takes care of his little girl. Starla’s inner child/little girl is ever present in her life and she thrives best when her partner recognizes that. Lo ...more
Michaelene
Content Warnings: (view spoiler)

Tamsen Parker's For Her Own Good was a slow-burn, daddy kink, and slightly forbidden romance featuring a wealthy businesswoman MC dealing with depression and her Scottish ex-psychiatrist discovering his own kinky leanings. Oh, and an age gap! I
Norma
Oct 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book for an honest review.

For Her Own Good is a forbidden, age-gap romance that has a bit of kink thrown in. The story focuses on Doctor Lowry Campbell and Starla Parker. Lowry was Starla’s doctor when she was an adolescent battling with depression.

Once she turns 18, he leaves Boston for Chicago for fifteen years, only to return, and a chance encounter puts them side by side on his flight back. She is also on the flight to Boston after completing
CourtRocks
3.5 Stars!
This was my first book by Tamsen, and it was pretty good. I love Doctor/Patient romances, so this was a must for me, and I'm glad I did. It was definetely a steamier book, though there are some things I didn't care for in this book, without giving too much away, one involves another woman and pain, though not in the way you may think. Some things were a little too over the top for me to actually think of it as hot too. Overall good book, and will definetely be checking out more b
Tammy
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dr. Campbell saved Starla’s live when she was a suicidal teen and then he just disappeared. Now 15 years later he is back and sparks are flying between them. It is three short months before Starla will be the wealthiest woman on the Eastern Seaboard. Can she trust the reason Dr. Campbell came back? Fast-paced read loads of drama and amazing chemistry. I was hooked from beginning the end. The story draws you in and Starla is an amazing character. I loved it.
Laurel Nilsen
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me a little while to get into this book and I wasn’t sure what to expect as this is the first book by this author and this genre and it took a bit of getting use to. This book is about Lowry and Starla and a love that is forbidden to start with but fast forward 15 years and add a bit of kink in and you have a match made. Starla struggles with depression and Lowry knows how to handle her. Some serious steamy scenes and your anxiety will have you sitting on the edge of you seat. If you lik ...more
Katy Tinnin
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I don't know what I was expecting with this book, but I got so much more than I imagined. Full honesty, it took me a little bit to get in to the story, but when it hooked me, I was stuck tight. The storyline was unique and the development of the story arc flowed smoothly throughout the book. I loved the characters. Lowry was so sexy and caring to Starla's needs. And Starla, my heart ached for her. I loved how Parker wrote this book facing the mental issues of depression and anxiety head on, ...more
Melinda Benn
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a new author to me, so I didn't know what to expect. I ended up enjoying this book.
Jackie
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have some mixed feelings about Parker's latest erotic romance, despite the high rating I've given it. The writing is fabulous (unsurprising, given Parker's track record), the characters sympathetic and compelling, and the kink is portrayed with respect and care. But the idea of a psychiatrist/patient sexual relationship, even if the psychiatrist hasn't treated the patient in a VERY long time, gave me pause.

The story:
A male psychiatrist who had an inappropriate attraction to a
Johan Bastiaanssen
Tamsen Parker has written a beautiful story that deals with several difficult topics. It is a love story between a psychiatrist and his much younger patient. Starla is suffering from severe depressions since she was a teenager. Lowry is a relatively new psychiatrist struggling to find a therapy that works. Confronted with a growing attraction to his patient, he decides to flee to another state, thinking it is for the best, but not realizing the impact this would have on Starla.
The book describe
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)
For Her Own Good is a taboo/forbidden doctor/ex-patient romance between Starla, the former patient and Dr. Lowry Campbell who is also 18 years older. It's a smorgasbord of forbidden romance.

Their relationship spans many years and there is trust to be rebuild between the adult Starla and Lowry.As they work their way through things, their relationship is a slow- building - burn and while it takes a while to get to the romantic stuff, that's okay because the anticipation works in the story.
Rebecca
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For Her Own Good is a forbidden romance with an added element of kink.

The story is well written, perfectly edited, with an excellent timeline, and arc, but it was a little clinical for me.

I'm unclear if it was written that way because the H is a doctor, and so that might be how he perceives his place in the world at all times, but I would have expected as their relationship heated up so to would his description of that relationship.

Starla's character is written amazingly well, soun
Lynn
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Depression rep, Daddy/little, age gap erotic romance between a psychiatrist and his former patient. This story is lovely. The potentially squicky power dynamics are carefully handled. Starla is beautifully and fully developed, rounded out as a fully competent adult who is dealing with a ton and knows what she likes and what she needs. I appreciate how both MCs are mostly very good at communicating, and admit it when they mess up.

The one thing I would have liked (though the love story doesn't ne
Anna Hague
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tamsen Parker is one author who can write taboo romance with such sensitivity and depth, you forget it's a taboo romance. As a teenager, Starla begins seeing Lowry for treatment of her depression. Lowry, then leaves Boston for Chicago but returns 15 years later and begins to reconnect to Starla, who is now a grown woman with a successful career. As their relationship travels beyond doctor/patient, the "whys" of his departure come to light as well as his introduction to Starla's kinky side. Be pr ...more
Erin Figueiredo
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic Doctor/Patient Love Story!

This is the first book I have read by this amazing author. It was fantastic and highly erotic - just how I like them! The storyline kept me fully engaged and entertained right from the start. Even though the romance was slow burn it was definitely worth the wait. The build up was very intense! The main characters were well written, lovable and relatable. Starla and Lowry are one romantic and intense couple. When they are together the steam definite
Sara
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read

I flounced Taming His Teacher but decided to give this one a try and I loved it. The characters are older and more established, plus they already have a history. They deal with some very serious stuff-mental illnesses, abandonment, guilt... The story is very compelling and I enjoyed everything about the romance in addition to the mental health and business parts of the plot.
Erica
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure what I was getting into, originally thinking it would be a relationship with a girl with a daddy complex. This story is so much more than that. The history these two characters have and their coming together again later in life is so we'll developed. Really enjoyed the storyline!
Lena
not a fan of the age gap and her acting like a little girl I like my h smart and kickass
Tiffany
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! The storyline and characters was amazing. The book has real life issues that will mess with your emotions. You won’t be able to put this one down, it will pull you right in.
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
OhMyGawd!!! Hello perfection.

I don’t think I could’ve loved this book any more than I did. It’s definitely a super close runner up to Parker’s Craving Flight, and yup, emotionally it surpassed the Compass Series ⬅ Never in a million years did I think that could happen.

Anyhow, let’s get to the point.

Daddy kink isn’t something I normally find all that interesting, probably because I don’t really understand how it can be differentiated from “regular” father/daugh
Katie
rated it it was ok
Nov 03, 2019
Julie
Nov 07, 2019
Tamsen Parker is a stay-at-home mom by day, erotic romance writer by naptime. She lives with her family outside of Boston, where she tweets too much, sleeps too little and is always in the middle of a book. Aside from good food, sweet rieslings and gin cocktails, she has a fondness for monograms and subway maps. She should really start drinking coffee.

You can sign up for her newsletter