Start by marking “Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library #3)” as Want to Read:
Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library #3)

Prose Before Bros

(Green Valley Library #3)

Nothing about being a librarian prepared Thuy Nguyen for such a wide variety of casseroles. Or life in a small town. Or becoming a farmer.
But what can she do when her catastrophe-prone best friend begs her for help? After all, Maddy has always been there for Thuy. It’s time to return the favor.
It’s simple really, all she has to do is: learn everything about far
Kindle Edition
Published November 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Prose Before Bros, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prose Before Bros

Start your review of Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library #3)
Jen
3ish Stars

Thuy Nguyen’s loyalty to her BFF Maddy knows no bounds. Heck, she’ll even uproot her life and move across the country to Green Valley, Tennessee to help seven months pregnant Maddy keep her newly inherited farm up and running. Sounds like a pretty big undertaking for a librarian from Berkeley with no farming experience, but Thuy’s up to the challenge. Especially when she meets Maddy's estranged brother, Drill. If you’ve read the Winston Brothers books, you’ll know Drill is an Iron Wraith biker
lazybookconqueror
4.5 Stars.

What happens when your best friend, the one who has been with your through it all, the one that's your person, needs you to move with her to the small town of Green Valley, manage a farm AND help raise her baby? Well, Thuy (pronounced Twee) is about to find out.

When I read the blurb I was expecting a rom-com scenario where two disaster-prone friends would learn how to navigate country life, but Prose before Bros is so much more than that.

It happens t
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

Nope. This wasn't doing anything for me. First things first, the characters were blah but kudos for the author for introducing a diverse lead heroine. Otherwise there's not much to say about this read. It lacked depth, the storyline wasn't intriguing enough to draw me in and the characters were b-o-r-i-n-g. I dropped this like a hot potato because why waste time on a romance I'm just not invested in, ya feel me?
Caitlin Reads
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars! I wasn’t sure how I felt about this one going into it after reading about Drill aka Teddy in previous books. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find myself really rooting for him. I really enjoyed Thuy as a main character and loved the friendship between her and Maddy, her best friend from college and Drill’s sister. Drill comes home for the first time in 16 years after joining the Wraith’s. He really grew throughout the book with the help of Thuy to become the kind of man she wou ...more
Dali
With Prose Before Bros, Cathy Yardley continues to expand the Green Valley Library series Green Valley native and Iron Wraith, Drill who is put between a rock and a hard place after his father’s funeral.

Thuy Nguyen was a city girl through and through. She was used to things such as WiFi. Having to move to a farm to help out her bestest friend ever was not in her plans and neither was falling for her muscly, sexy older brother. But she owed it to Maddy to stick around. And besides, th
Smartypants Romance

We are SO excited to announce the wonderful Cathy Yardley's book for Smartypants Romance. 'Prose Before Bros' is a full-length contemporary romantic comedy, can be read as a standalone, and is book #3 in the Green Valley Library series.

RELEASE DATE: November 5, 2019

** PRE-ORDER LINKS **
Apple Books: https://apple.co/2YI1EwD
Nook: https://bit.ly/2T3b8NG
Google Play: https://bit.ly/2T3gKYo
Add to your shelf on Goodreads: https://bit.ly/2OFrxJR

(HEADS UP: This book will have no Amazon pre-order!)

** Blurb **

But what can she do when he
Katie Ashley
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this opposites attract romance. Thuy was an amazing heroine full of sassiness and strength. With her fierce devotion to her best friend, Maddy, she's the type of friend of every woman should have in her life. Her passion for reading is intense, and it leads her to clash heads with the old guard at the Green Valley Public Library. She hasn't had it very easy with a traumatic childhood as the daughter of a California MC leader. Her past makes it difficult to imagine a present wi ...more
Bibliomedico
For more book Reviews / Recommendations / interviews ... Visit my Blog : https://bibliomedico.wordpress.com/
****************************
ARC provided by the publisher & Social Butterfly PR , Thanks for giving me the opportunity to read the book.
****************************
" They are my favorite thing ever . They gave me a place to go when my life was shitty , and they have continuously given me a reason to get out of bed in the morning . I read every single day . They're my lifeline "

I have to admit , I ADOR/>/>
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*ARC received in exchange for a review

2.5*

This is the 2nd ARC of the 2 that I requested from the Smartypants Romance universe that Penny Reid created. This caught my eyes because I saw the female MC is Asian based on her name. She’s of Vietnamese descent, I’m not, but I guess you can say racially adjacent so close enough. Not too many Asian MCs I’ve come across so far, so I was definitely intrigued. Then as it turns out, the male MC is Drill, which I didn't pay much attention to when I fir/>
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
Prose Before Bros by Cathy Yardley
#Review
#SmartypantsRomance

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘“It’s like seven hundred pages long,” she warned him.

His eyes widened, then he shrugged. “Okay, it may take a little while. But hell, I’m game.”

“Why?”

He was silent for a long moment, staring into her eyes. She squirmed as the heat from his gaze seemed to seep into her very bones.

“Do you really not know? He asked, so matter-of-f
Amanda
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5⭐
[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

Prose Before Bros
by Cathy Yardley is the third standalone in the Green Valley Library series by smartypants romance. A book obsessed librarian and a morally gray biker, yes please 🙋 I devoured this book.

Thuy (when pronounced sounds like twee) is fiercely loyal to her best friend Maddy and would do anything for her even if that means giving up her life and moving to a farm in the country. She didn't have the best childhood but has put that in the past and worked hard to becomreview]
Prose
Izzie d
Jessica Alcazar
Another excellent read by a new-to-me author! It’s a great time to be a romance reader!

Another excellent growth and redemption story! Thuy was THE perfect match for Drill. Her background/history made her the strong loyal woman she is today and exactly the woman to handle Drill’s life Match made in heaven!

The only thing I would say that made me eye twitch a bit was Drill and his MC affiliation/behavior. I understand the MC world fully. I get the code they live by and how they handle circumstances. It’s
M.E. Carter
Thuy is AMAZING!!!!
Cassandra Martin
The was an excellent addition to the Smartypants Romance world. Cathy Yardley brought her characters to life in Green Valley, and it feels like you are in a Penny Reid book. The writing in the book is excellent, and it flows remarkably. I could not put this book down, and stayed up way past my bedtime to read. Once I started, this book drew you in and played out like a movie in my head.

Thuy is a librarian (and has the degree to prove it), and Drill (Teddy) is the current enforcer for the Iron W
Beth
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had v mixed feelings about starting this book. On the one hand it was a Green Valley book by Cathy Yardley. A book based on one of my favourite series written by the author who introduced me to the world of contemporary romance. Before Level Up I was all about the historical romances. Not anymore!

On the other hand, it's about Drill, a member of the Wraiths. I just do not understand readers who find members of a criminal motorcycle gang attractive. I can't get past the drug dealing,
Christina
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC of this book was very generously provided by the author.

I will be the first person to tell you I am not a huge fan of the motorcycle club genre. Not because I think there is anything wrong with it. It just wasn't something that ever appealed to me as a reader. And honestly when I requested the ARC I did not know what this book was about, but I have enjoyed Cathy Yardley's books in the past and I was intrigued by the title. I also have not read the other books in the series but I
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
This story is a little angstier, darker and grittier than the others in the GVL series so far, but it still had plenty of humor and banter. It definitely delivered with all the feels. I felt my heart break and swoon in turns and I think I gnawed off all my fingernails reading this one!

“If you were okay,” he said conversationally, “then why did you decide to come out for a drink all by your lonesome?”
She sighed. He caught her there. “Maybe I’m here to pick up a guy, ever think of that?” she tea
Lady Heather

4-stars!

Good story!
Interesting characters, and great writing!

'Prose Before Bros' is a full-length contemporary romantic comedy, can be read as a standalone and is book#3 in the Green Valley Library series, Green Valley World, Penny Reid Book Universe.

"I voluntarily read as ARC of this book which was provided by SocialbutterflyPR."
Kate
After reading this book, I am even more impressed with Penny Reid for not only creating this universe but for opening it up to other authors to write books about the characters and places within it. I would have a hard time not micromanaging all that happens within it. I would hold on so tightly and only let the best books get the stamp of approval.

As a reader, Smartypants Romance has been a nice introduction to a variety of authors. My lists of “oooooh what else have they written” a
Elizabeth Connor
I really enjoyed this book, a part of the Green Valley collection from various authors. Drill/Teddy made a surprisingly sympathetic hero, despite his membership in the Wraiths. Thuy was an amazingly strong, brave heroine and it was easy to hope for the two of them to find happiness together. The tough part was imagining how that could be possible in any realistic scenario. I was thoroughly surprised by the eventual resolution of their dilemma. Not only did it actually make sense, but it also mad ...more
Kelly
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had NO idea I wanted Drill's story until I started reading this book. As one of the higher ups in the Iron Wraiths, Drill has been a background character in plenty of the goings on around Green Valley and, as it turns out, he's not as bad as the company he keeps would indicate.

In fact, when the guy manages to separate himself from them, he's not half bad at all. Maddy's situation and Thuy's presence while helping her out might have something to do with that. Or just, you know, a ge
Jacqueline Francis
Absolutely incredible!! The Green Valley Librarians series has been so good thus far and I didn’t know how this one would be. I was pleasantly surprised at how lovely and exceptional it is! This is a wonderful multicultural story that features a lot of drama, some humor, and plenty of library fangirling. You will not want to miss out on this!

I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Kelly
Great characters plus suspense, humor, heat, and all the feels; masterfully crafted

Book 3 in the Green Valley Library series, part of the Penny Reid book universe, Green Valley world, this is another new to me author, and the story picks shortly after the main events of the first two books in the series (Love in Due Time, and Crime and Periodicals), so about six months after the end of Dr Strange Beard. While I feel this holds up well as a standalone, various members of the Iron Wraiths beside
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)

Also Posted on For The Love of Fictional Worlds

Disclaimer: An eARC was provided via SmartyPants Romance and the Author as part of the Blog Tour. The Thoughts, opinions & feelings expressed in the review are therefore, my own.

Cathy Yardly has done a brilliant job of putting across a hero, from a traditionally villainous background; and redeem him in ways that you can only thank his leading lady for! :D

Drill, a native of the Green Valley and a member of the Iron Wraith, has started having doubts, far and few in between
JG
Prose Before Bros is the third book in the Green Valley Library Series. Green Valley Library Series is part of the Green Valley World, in the Penny Reid Universe, first popularized in her Winston Brothers series. The series is written by different authors but set in the same world as Ms. Reid's previous books. Therefore can be read as a standalone but with secondary characters that are familiar to fans of Ms. Reid.

Prose Before Bros, features a feisty city girl librarian, transplanted in Green Valley, T/>Prose“Prose
Kahea
***5 ‘TeamThuy’ Stars***

And we have another great addition to the Green Valley World/Pennyverse!

I was hooked from the very first page and didn’t want to say good-bye to the characters (well, most...some I wanted to gut with a spoon..but *shrugs*) because I had such a great time hanging out with them and really want to see where the future takes them all.

Ok. So I adored Thuy. This woman is sweet, compassionate, loyal and strong. Dear lord is she strong. I could never have imagin
Erin Benson
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fabulous book. It has a real Romeo and Juliet vibe. There’s angst, but it’s for a good reason- not the manufactured angst that you see in a lot of romance.

Similar to Dr. Ken Miles in Sticking to the Script- man, who ever thought that Drill would be the one to root for?! I recall him as a very peripheral muscle-for-hire member of the Wraiths. And I think he was one of the ones who conned Beau into meeting with Christine St. Clair in Winston Book No. 4. But who would expect Drill to be
Christine
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: asian-character, arc
Thuy is A BOSS. I adored everything about her badass self. She knew herself and she saved herself. Unfortunately, I couldn't bring myself to like Drill and I wish she found someone, anyone else, in Green Valley.

I was especially thrilled for this installment in the Pennyverse because I wanted to see how a POC heroine could handle the fish out of water aspect of life in very rural, white Green Valley. Oh boy, did Thuy deliver. She was so strong in how she stood up to her family, stood by her frie
BookishStacy
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Welp, I think Cathy Yardley just got herself a new fan! This was my first book by her and I LOVED IT!

Prose Before Bros is the third book in the Green Valley Public Library series but you can totally read it as a stand-alone.

When Maddy Blount's father dies, Thuy Nguyen comes to Green Valley with her very pregnant bestest friend to help her out. Thuy is a city girl through and through and doesn't quite know what to do with herself in this small town or on the Blount farm. The town isn
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #2)
  • Sticking to the Script (Cipher Office #2)
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery, #1)
  • No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #3)
  • My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
  • Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #7)
  • War of Hearts
  • Beard with Me (Winston Brothers, #6)
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • Happy-Go-Lucky
  • Neutral Grounds
  • Discretion (The Dumonts, #1)
  • Maybe This Christmas
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Wild Open Hearts (Bluewater Billionaires)
Cathy Yardley is an award-winning author of romance, chick lit, and urban fantasy, who has sold over 1.2 million copies of books for publishers like St. Martin's, Avon, and Harlequin. She writes fun, geeky, and diverse characters who believe that underdogs can make good and that sometimes being a little wrong is just right.

Green Valley Library (4 books)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)