Start by marking “Hurry Home: A Novel” as Want to Read:
Hurry Home: A Novel

Hurry Home: A Novel

From the bestselling author of Our Little Secret comes a suspenseful new thriller featuring two estranged sisters desperate to keep their deepest and darkest secret where it belongs--in the past.

Blood is thicker than water... And it could cost you everything.

Alexandra Van Ness has the perfect life. She lives in an idyllic resort town tucked away in the Rocky Mountains,
Expected publication: July 7th 2020 by Crooked Lane Books

To ask other readers questions about Hurry Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hurry Home

Start your review of Hurry Home: A Novel
Chelsea Humphrey
Dec 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
Currently a READ NOW on NetGalley; tell the others!

description

*Many thanks to the publisher for providing my review copy.
Hannah Mary McKinnon
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review forthcoming
Amy
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank to NetGalley for ARC.
Pub DateJuly 7, 2020

Let me just get this out there. To some it mite be predictable but for me, I'm slow in finding out things even if they are right in front of me So the whole book surprised me. I was just gasping with all the secrets busting out from every freaking corner.
This was a good family drama and I'm not a fan of those because it's so predictable, so this blew me away.

The beginning you start off with Alex. She's hunted by her past but seems to have her
Lars (theatretenor) Skaar
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m so sad my second Roz Nay novel is over. I WANT MORE!

She has done it again, folks. Holy cow. What a thrill ride. I was fully engrossed from the beginning.

The characters are so REAL. So real. I didn’t even feel like I was reading a novel at all. I honestly was so into it that I had to stop and tell myself it wasn’t real. When certain things happened that I can say here I was in tears. And other times flabbergasted, and other times cheering.

What a plot too. Are there twists? You bet there are!
Kathleen
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Roz Nay’s twisty HURRY HOME, nothing—and no one—is what it seems. Part nuanced exploration of how tragedy can shatter a family and part nail-biting psychological thriller, this book will keep you guessing until the end!
Janet
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing

When it is snowy and cold outside, superspeed readers like me can read 150 - 200+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. LOL

From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do .

From the bestselling author of Our Little Secret comes a suspenseful new
Octavia (ReadsWithDogs)
I really liked Our Little Secret, so I was very excited to read Hurry Home.

The story is very fast-paced and the relationship between the sisters seems very real, however, I found the twists predictable and I wanted more backstory on their growing up on the farm.

If you like stories with sisterly drama and revenge you'll like Hurry Home, but don't expect too much originality.
Jamie
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just couldn’t stop reading this! The drama the characters! I thought I had it figured out but omg was I wrong! This book was fantastic! Loved the depth of the characters and one minute I loved Ruth the next I loved Alexis. Thanks to Netgalley for an advanced ebook copy of this that isn’t out until July of 202 but add this to your TBR pile for sure!
Sunshyne
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy Shirts!!! Omg!!! This book was every freaking thing. I was totally invested in this story. Soon as I was rooting for one character boom, things change an I’m caught up in the web of lies and deceit of another character. This story was amazing and very well written. I’m ready to read more from this author!!
Kathy
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
About 3/4 of the way into this book I wanted to lock myself in my room and finish. This is when this twisty story took a big turn. This is a suspense about 2 sisters, Ruth and Alex, that share secrets long buried from their past. They haven’t seen each other in 10 years until Ruth shows up at Alex’s home. The longer Ruth stays the more the past starts to trickle into the present. Even then things still aren’t what they seem. This is a story about sisters, family, relationships, love, and ...more
Heather
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book by Roz Nay that I have read and I devoured this one just like the first one. Hurry Home is a great fast-paced book that tells the story of the struggle that happens between siblings. Alex has grown up and moved on from her past and Ruth still manages to find her in her time of need. This book takes place in the present going back and forth between the two sisters point of view but has flash backs from the past to help shape the story. You learn why the sisters went the ...more
Michelle
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ll be honest...I wanted to stop reading after about a quarter in because I didn’t like Alex. At all.

But I’m so glad I kept reading, and a large part of it was because I liked Ruth so much. This book turned out to be utterly hard to put down and it’s a credit to author Roz Nay that she could draw such strong feelings out of me with just one character. I raced to the end to see how this would turn out and now I’m on the search for her debut. She crafts a very well paced and well written thriller
Deirdre Rosenberg
I loved this novel and read it in just a handful of hours. It is a unique style of thriller that I haven’t experienced often. The plot was extremely well thought out and the characters were well rounded and made sense. I am really impressed by everything this book offered. I will most definitely be reading Nay’s previous novel. I’m really excited to see what this author writes in the future.
Chandra Cox
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once I started reading this book, I was unable to put it down! What a fantastic read that kept me hooked until the very end. With twists and turns and suspense around every corner, this alternating chapter delves into the lives of Alex and Ruth, two sisters that have a lot of secrets between them. A great read for anyone who loves a suspenseful and thrilling book!
Gillian Moore
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alexandra Van Ness has an idyllic life. Living in a beautiful resort in the Rocky Mountains, she is happy and content. When Alex's sister Ruth shows up unexpectadley, the sisters reunite after almost a decade of not speaking, and secrets are spilled. Who's telling the truth, Alex or Ruth? And who has more to hide?

I was incredibly happy to recieve this arc and began to read it almost instantly. I loved Roz Nay's debut 'Our Little Secret' and this book exceeded my all ready high expectaions. An
Samantha Bailey
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Roz Nay’s remarkable storytelling is only matched by her astonishing ability to make readers care deeply about her flawed, very real characters. In HURRY HOME, Nay weaves a taut, stunning, suspenseful, gripping tale about two sisters forever connected through their lies and losses. Captivating and brilliant twists and turns, expert plotting and pacing, and an emotional, incredibly satisfying ending, it’s a must-read page turner.

Thank you to Simon & Schuster Canada for my copy.
Edna
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alexandra Van Ness has a perfect life. She lives in an idyllic resort town tucked away in the Rocky Mountains, shares a designer loft with her handsome boyfriend, Chase, and has her dream job working in child protection. Every day, Alex goes above and beyond to save children at risk.

But when her long-lost sister, Ruth, unexpectedly shows up at her door, Alex's perfect life is upended. Growing up, Ruth was always the troublemaker, pulling Alex into her messes, and this time will be no different.
Mel
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!

I just finished this book and I have to say that I really enjoyed it! I finished it in a day or so, I couldn't put it down. Hurry Home is dark and gritty and full of twists you won't see coming.

Alex lives a perfect life with her boyfriend Chase, and she works in child protection. Chase knows nothing about Alex's past as she keeps it tightly under wraps, that is until Ruth, Alex's long lost older sister, shows up at their door unexpectedly...

With alternating chapters between Ruth and
Cindy Lauren
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, I got suckered again. I am not sure how many times I buy right into whatever the first person speaking spins, being less than skeptical, which I ought to be.

Alex is leading a charmed life, it seems. Important job, awesome boyfriend, great place to live and nice .clothes, no doubt. When it all looks good, except for a PIA work partner, a long lost troubled sister shows up, in trouble.

She has little choice but to take her in and things start to fall apart. Perceptions shift, loyalties are
Jill Burgin
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hurry Home is a fact faced, easy read, until the tables turn, and it becomes a hectic, desperate revenge story between two sisters and the bond of lies, love and family. Told from alternating POV chapters, Alex and Ruth meet up again in trying circumstances after being estranged for many years. Appearances deceive and we begin to find out some past secrets and our own loyalties jump from one sister to the other and we clearly understand that the lives we life can be so deftly influenced by our ...more
Vanessa Lillie
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Compelling and unsettling, Hurry Home is a twisted tale of sisterhood and deftly explores how we may be done with the past, but it's almost never done torturing us.

Thank you to Roz Nay and Crooked Lane Books for an early look at this wonderful addition to the psychological thriller genre. I really enjoyed how Nay explored sisterhood and past traumas that bleed into our adult lives. The dual perspective was powerful, and I raced to the end to see if justice or peace was possible for these
Alexa
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Net Galley and Crooked Lane Books for the advance copy of this book, which will be published July 7, 2020.

This book is fast-paced and there weren't any moments of lag for me. The characters are well-developed and it is clear things aren't always what they seem. If you are looking for a more traditional thriller with twists and turns this isn't your book. There aren't 'holy shit I can't believe it' moments like typical thriller and most of the 'surprises' are thoroughly
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised at how much enjoyed this book. The story starts off and you meet Alex. She seems to have her life together but is haunted by the past. Enter her sister Ruth who she hasn’t seen in years. As you begin to form your own opinions, you realize that nothing and no one is who they seem. This story has suspense and deception factor. The characters were well written. All in all, this was a great read! I give this 4 stars.
Michele
This was a pretty good psychological read. I enjoy reading family drama and this book fits. It definitely kept me wondering and on the edge of my seat. It was also a short and quick read and the pacing of the story was right on. Great character development Would definitely recommend. Thank you netgalley for letting me give an honest of this book.
Clare
Nov 24, 2019 rated it liked it
This thriller is pacy, but was a bit too predictable for my liking. All of the twists seemed too strongly foreshadowed, nothing surprised me.
It was a quick read that had a good pace and most of the characters were well-drawn, but Sully was baffling to me - I have no sense of who he was, yet he became too important to be so ill-defined.
Thanks to Net Galley for my ARC copy.
Becc Nelson
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to NetGally for an advanced copy of this book for an honest review. This was the first book I have read by this author but it definitely won't be the last. This book chronicles story of two sisters, Alex and Ruth who grew up with an unspeakable family tragedy that defines them forever. Each chapter switches from the perspective of each sister, leaving the reader wondering who is telling the truth and what motivates their actions. Although the end became slightly predictable, I was left ...more
Maudaevee
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, that was an emotionally charged suspense! I kept going back and forth on which person I was most rooting for. I liked the pace and the alternating narrative between the two sisters. I also thought this did a good job of presenting how complex a troubled relationship between sisters can be.
Karyn
Dec 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF 45%
Jessie Rae
Nov 26, 2019 marked it as to-read
Blog

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review
Dec 04, 2019