Start by marking “The Golden Ratio (Criminal Intentions: Season Two, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Golden Ratio (Criminal Intentions: Season Two, #1)

The Golden Ratio

(Criminal Intentions: Season Two #1)

ABOUT THIS EPISODE

The boys are back, and an old face from Seong-Jae’s past plunges BPD Detectives Malcolm Khalaji and Seong-Jae Yoon from a two-month suspension right into the depths of hell — and into one of the most horrific, grisly cases of Malcolm’s life.

He's never seen anything like it. Macabre ritual killings, and the only one who's ever been able to crack the ki
Published October 20th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Golden Ratio, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Golden Ratio

Start your review of The Golden Ratio (Criminal Intentions: Season Two, #1)
Shile
OMG!! This is soooooooooo gooood! Season 2 started with a bang! I promise the stars are for real, real. I don’t know how Cole does it! But the voodoo he is using is working! Every book is exceptional.

description

“Ashes, ashes!” the white rabbit cried.
“We all fall down!”
“Ashes, ashes!”
“We all fall down!”
“Ashes. ASHES—”

LOVED IT! WARNING!! GUSHING AHEAD! Proceed with caution.

description

Mal and Seong-Jae are back. Scarred, better, lovable and everything else. Of course Mal is still Mal and Seong- Jae is still SJ, W
Simone
THE GUYS ARE BACK WITH A VENGEANCE!

So buckle up and better brace yourself...

~ for me torturing you again with 'Mal' gifs for the next twelve months
jason momoa gif - Google-Suche

#bookboyfriends #stillnotsorry

~ for the most grisly and gruesome serial killer I ever came across in one of my books...
Ähnliches Foto

... so much so that my lunch tried for a do-over, so you might want to reconsider eating before picking this book up

~ for a new player in the game aka an old shadow from Seong-Jae's past (yeah another one)...
Ariana
Season 2 started with a bang. And what a bang it was!

First of all: Malcolm and Seong-Jae. Deep dreamy sigh.
Chapter 2 made me ooh and ahh and smile and sigh again. As always, their domestic bliss doesn’t last long with the arrival of the new case, and you can virtually feel the huge shadow it throws over each man immediately.

BUT … we can feel and see the strength of their bond throughout the book, particularly when the going gets tough, and I can’t really fangirl enough over them. And all those l
Nicola
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-reads
4.5 stars.

I’m a little late to the party this season, but Mal and Seong-Jae kick things off in style as they join forces with the FBI to hunt for a killer who manages to make The Human Centipede look tame.

description There’s nothing textbook about a case like this.”

The crime is gut-churningly creepy, the romance is sweet and passionate yet the after-effects of season one are still rippling away. And with an ending leaving you desperate for the next episode, you know the surface has even been scratched
Deborah
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing

And they’re back.

I took a slight break after season one. I needed that time but now I’m back onboard with Malcolm and Seong-Jae. And wow are they back. It’s a grisly and gruesome start. An old killer from Seong-Jae’s past is back.

So our boys find themselves temporarily working for the FBI.

This change of scenery, crime and several new secondary characters. Keeps this fresh and oh so interesting.

Okay that’s it the next book is calling my name.
Gerbera_Reads
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Seong-Jae and Malcolm are finally back! New chapter in their lives starts couple of months after the events that nearly destroyed Baltimore and killed them both. This book has a darker undertone that sets the mood for the entire series - both men are closer to each other than ever but have to deal with the level of evil they can't even process. Intense, suspenseful and gritty - the story pulls you right into the mind of a killer who is ready to play.

Told from multiple POVs, this book is full of
Lisazj1
This was so worth the wait, just to see Mal & Seong-Jae so....with each other, is the best way I can articulate it. Despite any reservations they may have about being together, each for the other, they are completely and totally all in. *sigh* That makes all the ugly bearable. *grimaces* Kind of.

This is one sick puppy that our boys are after this time. I can't even touch on any of that, it's absolutely horrific. Also equally terrifying is the amount of planning that went into this killer's crime
haletostilinski
4.5 stars!

Ah, it's back! It's backkkkk :D

And also that last line??? WHAT :O Like is that for real or what?!

Okay, first and foremost, I must start with my boys. Malcolm and Seong-Jae are SQUEE! They always make me so happy and that did not change one bit in this book! We open with them having spent the last month and a half to two months being suspended after everything that went down at the end of season 1, and taking that time to heal from it, both physically and mentally, and fall more in lov
Chris
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW what a start to the new season- I adore Malcolm & Seong Jay - their connection is tightening and their trust is cemented. This was a gritty and brutal start of a new case for these two... can’t wait to see it all unfold ...more
Claude
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WELCOME BACK MY BABIES.

Detective Yoon:

Detective Khalaji

Five stars like always.

Yoon and Malcom are stronger than ever.
Yoon is more than ever clear about his feelings.
Malcom is just...Malcom. He's everything and more. My favorite.

An ex-boyfriend returns.
Some friendships are questioned.
Some relationships are questioned.
Mental state are questioned in this because what a case. A really bad case takes place in this.
Cole MCcade is incredible. The crime in this is so...terrific. I mean, I wa
Paloma Villasenor
“He had a home.
He had made a home in Baltimore. With Malcolm.”
AHHHHH, I love this series so much, but mostly, I love Malcom and Seong-Jae. My heart aches every time I have to wait a full month to read the second episode.
However, this book is so freaking good. I love every single thing about this series. I love crime stories and love stories, and somehow this combined both, and it’s perfect.
I cannot wait to read the entire second season. Now to wait another month, sadly.
Mariah
Apr 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oops
♥Sharon♥
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing

”I go where you go,” Malcolm swore softly. “Always.”

I loved the beginning of Season 2 and where we find Malcolm and Seong-Jae. The two of them are imperfectly perfect. Even with some lingering unease that surrounds them there is absolutely no doubt they are both in this thing (whatever it is between them) for the long haul.❤

And as I am enjoying the fun and somewhat relaxing side of Malcolm and Seong-Jae a sense of dread starts to form. I should have known. I should have been prepared
Tina
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing

O M G ‼️

5 stars.
Leelah🍁♋️ Orion
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
The boys are back

I forgot just what a wonderful writer this author is. It was like I never put down the book. I was immediately drawn in. I stayed up way too late, but it was worth it.
This story takes place after the aftermath of season 1. The guys are dealing with that. Heck all of the main characters are dealing with it in their own ways.

While they are dealing, of course life happens and they are thrust into other crushing things.
A new person to fear is introduced and this person has me own
Bev
4.5 stars from me. Hadn't realised how much I'd missed gruesome, brutal murders until Cole McCade brought out the first of series 2 of Criminal Intentions. More blood, more gore and another chance to delve into the psyche of yet another deranged whacko...as if the lunatic from series 1 wasn't enough. Can Malcolm and Seong-Jae's hearts and minds remain intact??

Nice to discover that Sade Marcus isn't really dead, although how much longer will they be able to stand the company of a certain butcher
Caipi
It might have been the break I took between the last episode of season one and this first episode of season two.....
Partly it was definitely the horrific cruelty of this episode's/season's murder case......
However, I've sadly to admit that I didn't enjoy this book by far as much as I expected.
BUT there were some really tender and beautiful moments between Malcolm and Seong-Jae, and these special moments made up for a lot!

Lori
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So much gore! If I had one little niggle, it would be the amount of gore but I am not sure if it would have had as much of an impact as it would have without it. I had to stop a few times because of it but I am bound and determined to get through it. The story is compelling as always but of course I am nervous for Mal and Seong-Jae AGAIN!
Karen
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars rounded down...this was one spine tingling start to a new season...full review to follow soonish!

If you haven’t read Season One of Criminal Intentions…seriously?

What are you waiting for there’s still time to remedy that situation and really you need to do that before getting into Season 2. Now, that you’ve been warned I’m going to try to explain how seriously incredible this series… specifically this episode is.

Right from the start Mal and Seong-Jae…that right there makes it worth
Rosabel
Sep 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
A criminal who is obsessed with the Golden ratios of the body and when he encounters people who are not perfect in this sense, he fixes them, in horrible ways.

I skipped so hard when the scenes were described, they were gruesome, raw, inhumane and hard to read. Still my boys are my boys, and it was nice seeing them supporting and loving each other.

Important stuff:

- Aanga can go fuck himself! That is the first point of this rant! Something that I love about this author is that he calls stuff up: p
M
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Welcome back to Baltimore.

Y'all. You don't even know how much I've been dying to get back to Malcolm and Seong-Jae. And we start of the new season still in the middle of the aftermath of The Hatter's Game, even though it's been a while. But some wounds need more than just a little time to heal, and I loved that we were not back to normal and business as usual after everything that has happened in the season finale.

And let me just say how much I adore Anjulie. And Gaby. And both together. I lov
Claudia
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First impression: wow!!!! I love it and I am so glad that season two finally starts. I read the first One in one go because I started late but now that I know of it I can't wait and will read each episode as soon as possible.

And now in some detail ... But there could be minor spoilers ahead.

The most important part for me is the relationship between Malcolm and Seong-Jae. And these two together in this book are just awesome! I love how they work together, how they react to what the other one nee
ReadingAllNite
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, arc-read
I did not know that I would be mathed! I don’t math! I know I was warned the story being grisly and gruesome but it was more than I was prepared for. Maybe I should have read the excerpt at the end of Season 1 but I hate spoilers, so I never read them. Still, it’s got Malcolm and Seong-Jae and I loved how they’ve become so strong together in this book as they confront another part of Seong-Jae’s past. It’s low steam but the eventual passion is spectacular. The plot leaves me with so many questio ...more
Athira
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, childhood
Malcolm and Seong-Jae are back for Season 2 and it's better than ever. We have a serial killer this time around which will probably span the whole season. So no new case every episode.

Their relationship is everything! The suspension did wonders. They just complement each other so well.

Seong-Jae was going to kill him with the wild and needy beating of Malcolm’s heart.

Seong-Jae was going to kill him, and Malcolm would willingly die.

The murders are grisly and so much worse than season 1. Please r
Adrienn Csép
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! New season! Finally! If S1 was like Criminal Minds …think of S2 more like Dexter.
The boys are back and with the most horrific murders and the most complex and sick serialkiller. Beside the horrific venue, it was good to finally see the guys and how their relationship improved over the recovery months. When Seong-Jae needed Mal he was there, I loved those scenes :))) I don't know what will happen about that when Mal reminded Seong-Jae what happens when they keep secrets from each other...
Th
The long wait is over and Malcolm and Seong-Jae are finally back! Months after the horrific events of The Hatter's Game, Malcolm are Seong-Jae are about to return to work after suspension from work (and domestic bliss). The boys' relationship is strong and stable and oh so sweet, especially in chapter two. What I loved most about this book is seeing how well Seong-Jae and Malcolm work together, how in tune they are with each other, and how much they love each other -- even if a certain someone c ...more
Dannica Zulestin
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-of-color, m-m
Criminal Intentions is back!

Seong-jae and Malcolm have been suspended for two months, but they're pulled back into the field when an old flame of Seong-jae's shows up and asks him to help with a serial killer case down in L.A. So now they've left Baltimore and they're trailing the killer--still trailing him at the end of the episode. He's going to be a hard one to catch.

I'm not super psyched at the idea of spending the whole season chasing one serial killer, because in season one I really liked
Nicole Field
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: enby-characters
Well heck, wasn't that a return to this amazing series. And I was so excited to get so many chapters from other peoples' point of views: Sila, Anjulie, Sade, Min Zhe, Aanga (who we only meet in this episode so don't worry if you don't recognise the name).

And our two main boys, Seong-Jae and Mal, are doing their best to come to terms with the after effects of Sila's games, Seong-Jae's mistruths, and Baltimore almost upending itself at the end of the previous instalment.

So of course it's time for
Tizerkane13
Oct 25, 2019 marked it as 00-mm-fail-dnf-nope-will-not-read
Not sure if I'll continue with this series ... one of my pet peeves is this author always referring to Malcolm as "the old wolf" ... it's highly inaccurate, highly repetitive, and highly obnoxious!! Also, this author like purple prose a bit too much and I tend to dislike it in equal and entirely conflicting measure!! Lastly, I get the whole "TV series format", but seeing as I'm not a TV watcher and am totally not into diligently following a show, I'm most definitely not into reading a TV series ...more
alexhenryfirst
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cole McCade did it again, unsurprisingly. This Season 2, I can tell that stakes are even higher. Kinda sad since we're leaving Baltimore for now, but I get that the story would involve more in terms of geography, what with the high-profile serial case going on. Honestly, I stopped predicting what would happen in the next episodes because I am willing to just enjoy the ride, go with the flow and just let the author drag me to whatever hell he's going to put our characters through. Speaking of the ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Rational Faculty (Hazard and Somerset: A Union of Swords, #1)
  • Police Brutality (Hazard and Somerset: A Union of Swords, #2)
  • When Death Frees the Devil (Death and the Devil, #3)
  • Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Big Bad Wolf, #4)
  • Declination (Borealis Investigations, #3)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • Devil's Hour (Zero Hour, #2)
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour, #1)
  • A New Empire (Fog City, #3)
  • Triangulation (Borealis Investigations, #2)
  • Transactional Dynamics (Hazard and Somerset: A Union of Swords, #3)
  • Dealing in Death (Death and the Devil #2.5)
  • Wayward (Hazard and Somerset: A Union of Swords, #4)
  • Risk Assessment (Cabrini Law #1)
  • Rialto (Unbreakable Bonds, #8)
  • Tallowwood (Tallowwood, #1)
  • A Vigil in the Mourning (Soulbound, #4)
  • Conspiracy Theory (Hamarsson & Dempsey #1)
Slender. Angry. (Part) Asian.

Yeah, that about sums me up.

Hi. I’m Cole. Xen. Whatever you want to call me; both are true, and both are lies. My pen names are multitudes, my nicknames legion. Tall, bi/queer, introverted author of a brown-ish persuasion made up of various flavors of Black, Asian, and Native American. I’m cuter than Hello Kitty, more bitter than the blackest coffee, and able to trip o

Criminal Intentions: Season Two (7 books)
  • In Sequence (Criminal Intentions: Season Two, #2)
  • Cold Calculation (Criminal Intentions: Season Two, #3)
  • Hard Angle (Criminal Intentions: Season Two, #4)
  • Deep Spiral (Criminal Intentions: Season Two, #5)
  • Divine Proportion (Criminal Intentions: Season Two, #6)
  • Triangulation (Criminal Intentions: Season Two #7)