Start by marking “The Silk Merchant of Sychar” as Want to Read:
The Silk Merchant of Sychar

The Silk Merchant of Sychar

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  5 ratings  ·  4 reviews
One woman, five husbands and the weary rabbi at the well who knows everything she ever did. The day after they bury her husband Leah Marcellus loses her baby. A widow and childless, what man will want her now? Her father arranges a second marriage--a profitable business arrangement--sealed on Mount Gerizim, the holy mountain where every true follower of Yahweh worships, ...more
Published November 10th 2019 by Rhiza Connect

To ask other readers questions about The Silk Merchant of Sychar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Silk Merchant of Sychar

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of The Silk Merchant of Sychar
Valerie
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I started reading this book 3 days ago and could not put it down! I am a fussy reader, I like a good story but for me the most important is the way it is written. I like literature, I like grammar . I don't like weak characters and corny stories. When I read a book I like to be entertained, surprised, challenged. I like to learn things, I like to escape in another culture and be engulfed in its traditions, its people. This book has got it all. It's a peculiar story, the story of a woman in ...more
Helen
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book wins the award for keeping me engrossed and captivated. It opened up my world, invigorated my senses and provided me with the perfect escape into a world so different to mine. My only disappointment was that it came to an end! I was taken on an exquisite, insightful journey into the culture and society that existed in biblical times, and more specifically the twists and turns, hardships and fortuitous events of the life of a woman who had 5 husbands. This book is a must read.
Rachel
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a very well written take on the Woman at the Well. The author does a great job of showing the awful prejudices that women such as this character lived with, and so how outrageously counter cultural and radically feminist Jesus was in reaching out to her and teaching her - and blessing her with a ministry!

The extra padding that has been added to the very bare bones we know of this character from the bible is completely believable and obviously very well researched.

A great tale, excellent
Sally Blyde
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was always intrigued how a woman could end up with five husbands! I love historical fiction. This novel is plausible, entertaining and sheds a fascinating light on what life was like for many women in the times when Jesus walked the earth. It delves into varied social and cultural insights of the times and the momentum continues from cover to cover. A great read!
Elyahu Tzur
Jan 15, 2020
Naomi
Feb 12, 2020
Cindy Williams
Jan 16, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Goodreads Librari...: Please link this book to my author profile 3 11 Jan 15, 2020 06:35PM

• Unnoticed
  • Boy Swallows Universe
  • Unhinged: Joy for Darkness
  • Misleading Miss Verity (Regency Brides: Daughters of Aynsley #3)