Start by marking “Friends with Bang-ifits (The Bangover #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Friends with Bang-ifits (The Bangover #0.5)

Friends with Bang-ifits

(The Bangover #0.5)

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark... Or in the state of Kirby Lawrence, a woman who is NOT attracted to her best friend, bad boy rock star, Colin Donovan. Not even a little bit!

No matter how good his butt looks in those jeans... Crap, I'm looking at his butt. Colin's butt!

And the butterflies in my stomach are discoing now. Discoing!

I avert my eyes, but it's too l
Published October 19th 2019 by Self Taught Ninja

To ask other readers questions about Friends with Bang-ifits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Friends with Bang-ifits

Start your review of Friends with Bang-ifits (The Bangover #0.5)
Melanie (mells_view)
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute prequel short story...

Cute prequel short to what I assume will be a best friends to lovers romance. I’m not quite sure that I will pick up their full story. It seems like it will be cute, so we shall see.
Jen
Aug 26, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Can’t wait to read Bangover to get the rest of the story.
Leila
3.5 vampire snowmen stars!

This was a cute and quite short introduction to Kirby and Colin.

I feel like it really could have been shortened and then added as flashback prequel chapter to the beginning of the first book or have included more past stories of the relationship starting from when they first met as kids.
Antonella
a short prequel for friends to lovers book
Coco.V
Oct 21, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (10/22/2019)! 🎁
Rosie Wedge
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
Honestly, this was free on the Kindle store, and the name seemed far too good to pass up.

I have zero opinion on whatever the fuck I just read. All that really happened was 2 mates chatted about nipples and khaki pants a lot, then nearly kissed, but didn't kiss, and that's the plot for you. And yet, it wasn't awful. Whilst corny asf, the writing wasn't dreadful, and I was somewhat entertained.

Idek what else to say really.
Rochelle
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story. Kirby and Colin were so cute together. I can't wait until The Bangover. I have to see how it ends.
Lori R.
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A quick and fun prequel to The Bangover!
This novella perfectly shows the closeness and easiness of Kirby and Colin’s friendship. They’re best friends, they’re a little bit flirty, they tell each other everything...their relationship is adorable.
Well. I had no idea this was a prequel because I'm stupid and didn't really read the blurb BUT it doesn't matter. I'm gonna read The Bangover anyway. This short prequel piqued my interest.

I also loved the narrators! I loved both of them which doesn't happen that often for me.

This short audio was cute and the perfect length for me. I got it as a newsletter freebie.
Roo Barb
This only loses a star because I'm grumpy, I didn't realise it was a prequel and the rest isn't available for another month.

I loved the narration, Lili you read well, and Jason your voice is lovely :)

Can we not have the rest now please, pretty please...
shms
If this is an 'intro' read that's designed to make me want to read the book about the 2 main mc's, it failed.
We have childhood friends finding themselves in lets explore more territory but I didn't feel the chemistry, It didn't take me along the journey of best friends to friends in lust journey. Other than some moments of lust I didn't even know what was propelling the change. The frank conversations about their sex lives with others left me queasy.
The blurb for the next and main book for the
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads, arc
This is a quick, fun and flirty little novella that introduces us to Colin and Kirby before they embark on their Vegas adventure in The Bangover.
Teresa
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was ok
Short novella, but a good intro to the full length novel.
Daisy Delfin
May 02, 2020 rated it it was ok

Pages: 92
My rating: 2.5
Read other books by this author in the future: no

This is a story about a life long friendship of the two MCs. They meet shortly but both develop feelings for each other, without action on it. There is a follow up but because the first book did not pull me in, I am not going to read it.
BookAddict
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This little intro to Kirby and Colin will put you in the mood and whet your appetite for the rest of the series. We get a deeper look into the how and why of their lifelong friendship, delivered in the same irreverent, hilarious, heartfelt way we've come to know and love from this talented writer. You'll chuckle at their banter, snicker at their text messages and laugh out loud at their antics, but prepare yourself for the unexpected depth of heart you'll find here.

If you’ve not yet read this l
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
I loved this prequel to the The Bangover and how Colin and Kirby acted with each other before the kiss happened to change everything, there has definitely been chemistry between the pair for a long time.

You can certainly read or listen to this before or after The Bangover, but if you read it before is certainly leaves you wanting to read more of this funny kooky pair of very close friends.
Carissa
This is my first Lili book. I liked it, it might be worth while enough to read The Bangover.
MaggieReadsRom
Short and sweet prequel and now I need to know the full story so THE BANGOVER is on my TBB list :)
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
Aw!! This was so fun! I love Kirby and Colin and it was amazing to see what their friendship was like before the kiss that launched The Bangover. Kirby’s first Flutter. The change in the air between her and her best friend. To just get more of them which I will always appreciate.

Just like Lili said...it’s a fun and flirty prequel. It’s not full of swoon and sex. It’s them as friends and the glimpse into their friendship before it all changed.

I loved it. You can read it before or after a The Ba
Carey S.
Jul 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars
Kirby and Colin have been close friends since the early teen years. Colin is a musician with a famous band named Lips of Fire. Kirby is an author of horror books. They keep in touch via calls and texts, but only see each other a few times a year. They love to hang out together whenever they can.

This story is the prelude to the book The Bangover. The reader is introduced to these characters and gets to see the way they interact. They have some interesting text exchanges, and their persona
Claire Annovazzi
Nov 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
(audiobook+ebook) There’s not much to say as it’s barely a glimpse at those characters. But I wanted to listen to something short with one of my favorite narrators, and it was sweet and fun. Too short to really get a grasp at the series, I think.

Narration was mostly by the author herself, and she did an excellent job. The male narrator adds his talent to the text conversations.

Quickie

- Series: The bangover prequel
- Hashtags: #romcom #rock star romance #friends to lovers
- Triggers: N/A
- Main coup
Limecello
Mar 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
I normally don't care about reading things in order - and technically this is "book 0.5" but TBH I think it's important to read The Bangover first.
And :P did I ever imagine I'd be reading a book much less books/a series with such titles? Not so much - but I liked the tone etc of Valente's books with Pippa Grant - the 4 brothers ...
So here we are.

ANYWAY.
I think knowing who Colin and Kirby are first helps, and also what happens.
Otherwise you're just reading this and like "ok ... and?"
But having re
Kelly Greer
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOVE it. A lot of this prequel is told in text message form, and that's really one of my favorite things in books right now! These two are fun and hot and give great background for The Bangover. I listened to it on audio first (Lili is SUCH A great narrator!!) and then went back and read it again after reading The Bangover. If you like vampire snowmen, this book is for you. ;) And also feelings for best friends that shouldn't be there.....
Lora Borzelleca
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank God for this book. I started reading Bangover first and within 2 chapters I hated it. I felt no connections between the two characters and was so thrown off on then switching from beat friends to touching eachother under a blanket on the plane...it just didnt make sence to me. So I stopped and read this book first...and it helped soooooooo much. I was able to get that connection and see why it was easy to move from bff to fwb. Def read this first in the series.
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
Friends with Bang-ifits was a fun and hilarious story! I loved Colin and Kirby - so carefree and enjoying the highs of life!! I love prequels because they can be light and flirty! You find how these two started as best friends. I even got the butterflies a time or two when the flirty went up a new level! Truly a read that you want to snuggle up next to!
Nov 01, 2019 rated it liked it
This prequel is good if you take it for what it is: a teaser for the Bangover. The introduction to the characters was great. And it did its job, which is to say that it made me want to read the Bangover when it comes out. And my biggest hope is that Kirby gets Colin to stop calling her “Larry,” because otherwise she’ll never get out of the friend zone.
Mickey
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Teaser!

Cute prequel to Bang novels, Friends with Bang-ifits introduces readers to Kirby and Colin, teenage friends now in their late twenties whose relationship may be changing. It has been a special friendship for too many years to count, one Kirby has relied on to keep her grounded and stable as she raised her younger sister. What happens if things change? Stay tuned....
Kelly
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
Honestly this was a prequel to another story and I just didn't care for either of the characters. Kirby's best friend is in a band and currently playing a hometown gig and the two get together and hang out. As Kirby sees him she starts to get butterflies. Maybe the next book will be better but I just thought this one was okay.
Sarah Stein
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This intro made me want to read more about the two MC. I think I like reading rom com genres more than I originally thought. And one of my favorite tropes is best friend to lovers. This book has definitely grasped my attention. I’m looking forward to finding out what happens in their friendship.
Kimberlie
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm not a fan of prequels, but I am a fan of Lili Valente. This was a great introduction to the characters and the type of chemistry you can expect from them. Bring on Book 1! I'm interested!

PS. I'm even a fan of Lili Valente narrating her own books! (Especially with Jason Clarke.)
« previous 1 3 next »

• Humbugged (Happy Cat, #4)
  • Hitched (Happy Cat, #3)
  • Liar, Liar, Hearts on Fire (Bro Code #3)
  • Jock Blocked (Copper Valley Fireballs #1)
  • Sex and Other Shiny Objects (Boyfriend Material #2)
  • One Night Stand-In (Boyfriend Material #3)
  • Hammered (Happy Cat, #2)
  • Overnight Service (Always Satisfied #3)
  • Special Delivery (Always Satisfied #5)
  • Wild Open Hearts (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Married to My Dad's Best Friend
  • Real Fake Love (Copper Valley Fireballs #2)
  • The Bedroom Experiment (Hot Jocks #5.5)
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
  • Asking For a Friend (Boyfriend Material #1)
  • Spiced (Misfit Brides, #6)
  • What's Your Sign? (Cupids #2)
  • This Is Love (Harmony Pointe, #2)
Lili Valente has slept under the stars in Greece, eaten dinner at midnight with French men who couldn't be trusted to keep their mouths on their food, and walked alone through Munich's red light district after dark and lived to tell the tale.

These days you can find her writing in a tent beside the sea, drinking coconut water and thinking delightfully dirty thoughts.

Visit her at www.lilivalente.com

The Bangover (6 books)
  • The Bangover (The Bangover #1)
  • Bang Theory (The Bangover #2)
  • Enemies with Bang-ifits (The Bangover #2.5)
  • Bang on Loosely (The Bangover #3)
  • The Rock Star's Baby Bargain