Start by marking “Exit Stage Right” as Want to Read:
Exit Stage Right

Exit Stage Right

She wants to dance, and she’s willing to sacrifice everything, everyone, to get it.
Coco Bradley is a talented ballet dancer, and when an opportunity arises for her to audition for the prestigious Spencer School of the Performing Arts, she’s not about to let anyone stop her— including her parents, her friends, and any of the prima donnas of the art school. A pastor’s kid,
Published November 30th 2019 by Word Alive Press

To ask other readers questions about Exit Stage Right, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exit Stage Right

Start your review of Exit Stage Right
Suzie Waltner
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
For every young person itching to break free of their small town and for anyone striving to reach a dream, Exit Stage Right by Jennifer Willcock serves as both a cautionary tale and a look into the world of professional ballet.

Willcock’s story draws parallels to the prodigal son while examining the egos, challenges, and competitiveness of an elite arts school. The details of the characters, Coco’s journey, and ballet are impeccable.

As Coco chases her dream with single-minded focus, readers are
Rose (Adventurous Bookworm)
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Overall, I was very impressed with this book. As someone in the target age range of this book, I liked how clean and unique it was. However, all that said, there were a few annoyances.
One thing that I really liked was how this novel showed that it is difficult and it takes work to keep relationships when life takes you in another direction. It does a great job of showing that communication is a choice and what can happen when you let other things get in the way.
It may seem like a small detail to
R.K. Livingston
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Exit Stage Right was a highly enjoyable read that kept drawing me onward. The author's portrayal of the competitive world of professional dance had an authentic feel that brought it to life for me. Her characters are richly developed and the tension, romantic and otherwise, between them rings true. Coco's journey has a message for all those who have ever experienced shattered dreams or whose lives have taken unexpected turns that leave them floundering. It builds to a satisfying conclusion that ...more
Erin Caldwell
Dec 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This great young adult read follows the story of one young woman's passion for dance and the sacrifices she must make to follow her dream of entering a professional dance career.. Coco buys into the message that to achieve success she must commit 100%, and that may mean cutting people out of her life who can't help make the dream happen. But what if there is more to life than a career? Who will be there to support you if tragedy strikes? I really enjoyed how the journey led to the dream shifting ...more
Dianna (SavingsInSeconds blog)
I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the author. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.

Exit Stage Right may appeal to teens who aspire to a career in dance.

My favorite characters of the story were Coco’s friends Amy and Mike. Coco’s parents were also decent. They showed grace, forgiveness, and love over and over. The deeper connection between Coco and the prodigal child was clear.

The story’s setting swivels between a small town and an elite sch
Heather Axford
Carolyn
Amanda Abbott
Dec 24, 2019
Jennifer Willcock
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Carolyn
Maddy
Dec 26, 2020

• One Enchanted Christmas
  • One Thing I Know
  • Beach Haven (Carolina Coast, #1)
  • All I Want for Christmas
  • Beyond the Break
  • The Powerful Purpose of Introverts: Why the World Needs You to Be You
  • A Sugar Creek Christmas (Sugar Creek, #1)
  • Just One Kiss (Harbor Pointe, #3)
  • Holding on to You
  • Things We Know by Heart
  • What Light
  • Mortal Engines (The Hungry City Chronicles, #1)
  • Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)
  • Woman on the Edge
  • The Holiday Husband (Sugar Creek, #4)
  • To Darkness Fled (Blood of Kings, #2)
  • The Girl Behind the Red Rope
  • The Red Pyramid (The Kane Chronicles, #1)

News & Interviews