Start by marking “Ten Tales of a Dark Tomorrow” as Want to Read:
Ten Tales of a Dark Tomorrow

Ten Tales of a Dark Tomorrow

Submitted for your approval—Ten Tales of a Dark Tomorrow, a collection of speculative fiction inspired by the original Twilight Zone series. In the spirit of that iconic, timeless show, these mysterious and gripping narratives explore parallel worlds, faraway planets, dystopian societies, and unsettling reality.

•A toddler shifts through parallel worlds, changing into diffe
Published October 25th 2019 by Beavers Pond Press

To ask other readers questions about Ten Tales of a Dark Tomorrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ten Tales of a Dark Tomorrow

Start your review of Ten Tales of a Dark Tomorrow
Dita
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I will be honest with you guys, I didn't expect to love a collection of supernatural short stories all that much. But I have loved Kuhn's work in the past so I gave these a whirl.

Was I ever happy to be wrong again. Fans of The Twilight Zone will LOVE these, they contain all of the same creepy elements.

I kept expecting Rod Serling to pop up and say, "Imagine if you will a world where Deetz enjoys the supernatural..." Lolz.

My favorites were The Case Against Humanity and Let's Ride Bikes but I enj
Andy Marr
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I realise it's an odd way to describe a collection of supernatural short stories, but there was something incredibly comforting about this book. Yes, there were touches of horror, and more than once I felt the hairs stand up on the back of my neck, but the overall sense was one of gleeful anticipation than all-out terror. These are the kind of tales we loved to hear around the camp fire as children, and which offer a sense of warmth and sentimentality as we grow older. I loved each and every one ...more
Kaceey
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-from-author
I might have been a bit concerned when I was approached to read this book! Why...you ask??
OK fine! I don’t do well with anything the least bit scary! There it is! (head bent in shame!) But I was assured the plot was something along the lines of Rod Serlings’ “The Twilight Zone” which I loved watching years ago. (I think I just dated myself!) Completely confident now, I leaped right in! And glad I did!

These short stories weren’t really scary as much as well...freaky! I suppose it would be best d
Debra
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a compilation of short stories inspired by The Twilight Zone original series. Before each short story, the Author shares his thoughts and inspiration behind each story. The tales have a creepy supernatural vibe which makes them perfect stories to read while curled up on the couch on chilly fall nights as Halloween approaches. Short Story and Twilight fans will not be disappointed. Like The Twilight Zone, these ten tales are a mix of Science fiction, the supernatural, light horror an ...more
Zoeytron
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Are our dreams nothing more than glimpses into other worlds than this?  Of what value are time slippages, itchy brains, and temper tantrums?  Do we really need a hovering AI presence in our homes?  The author offers plenty of points to ponder in this collection of darkish tales.

This would be a fine choice for a Halloween read, especially for those who don't want to go all the way over to the dark side, but would like to have a little taste.  My favorites were For the Hive, My Little Girl, Terr
Ceecee
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 - 5⭐️ I’m trying not to be quite so set in my ways with my genres and as I don’t read much sci-fi and this had great reviews, I left my comfort zone and really enjoyed this well written collection of stories. There are some really imaginative stories here, some featuring dystopian worlds, some magical, some that are a bit creepy but there’s also some humour. My favourite is Sally Ann, Queen of the Galaxy because of the Alice in Wonderland references and the fantastic end just blew me away. I a ...more
Nataliya
Nov 06, 2020 added it
Shelves: shorts, 2020-reads
When I was a preteen and young teen just discovering my love for science fiction, I spent hours raiding my local library shelves for science fiction anthologies. I read a lot of “early” SF stories, from Golden Age of SF and shortly after. This collection brought back those memories through a somewhat similar feel to these tales - they do seem have that vintage classic feel to them. And despite the “Dark Tomorrow” promise in the title, they are pretty much your “normal” SF with occasional pessimi ...more
Scarlett Readz and Runz....Through Novel Time & Distance
This is a collection of ten unique short stories featuring a variety of tales in science fiction, speculative fiction, alternate history, and magical realism. Inspired by the Twilight Zone and the author's imagination, they are a journey between everyday events, thoughts, memories, and dreams through dimensions of fear and time, spanning into the darker places of the universe.

Each tale has a brief introduction on the prior page hinting at the circumstance, idea or inspiration of its nature and
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
3.5 stars. This collection of ten SF/fantasy short stories by Kevin Kuhn has a distinctly retro, Twilight Zone type of vibe to it. They're not overall as dark as the title led me to believe, but they do tend to go for the slightly (or sometimes more than slightly) disturbing twist.

There's a lot of variation in subject matter here: accidentally switching places with near-counterpart people from almost-parallel worlds; a huge brain - surely dead! - found on an alien world (that one really reminded
Elyse  Walters
Plausible...
Kevin has mind-bending imagination...
It’s amazing that stories about artificial intelligence, fading children, other planets,
etc., would make for such human warmth and psychologically astute stories.
Kevin Kuhn made me look at life differently!

Very enjoyable collection!!

Jayme
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
The author was inspired to write this collection of short stories by his memories of watching reruns of "The Twilight Zone" series, as a boy.

Wikipedia: "The Twilight Zone is an American anthology television series created and presented by Rod Serling which ran for five seasons on CBS from 1959 to 1964. Each episode presents a stand-alone story in which characters find themselves dealing with often disturbing or unusual events, an experience described as entering "The Twilight Zone" often with a
Dianne
Welcome to the dark side, the creepy side, the side that makes for wonderful campfire tales. Kevin A. Kuhn has put together some very short, very edgy tales that reach beyond reality and into the recesses of our minds where we look for “what ifs.”

TEN TALES OF A DARK TOMORROW are sometimes hair-raising, sometimes a little eerie, and always just short enough to remember to re-tell or just remember with a little chill or two. Kevin Kuhn cleverly pulls us in quickly, builds the tension than, BAM! Th
Carrie
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
These short stories are unique and well-crafted. Reminiscent of Arthur C. Clarke's style of writing short stories, these tales are varied and entertaining.

My favorite stories:
"Teach a Man to Fish"
"For the Hive"
Nov 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
'Join me on a journey to a new dimension. A place that lies between my imagination and fears. A destination that is as vast as the universe and as old as time. A place you only find between light and darkness. Welcome to: Ten Tales of a Dark Tomorrow.'
- Kevin A. Kuhn

I picked this anthology up because I am a huge fan of the Twilight Zone. And these stories here are intended to follow the spirit of the original Twilight Zone episodes.
Science fiction, speculative fiction and even magical reali
Christi M
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
The Twilight Zone! A TV show that ran from 1959-1964 that easily became a classic with its opening music theme and eerie concept. In the introduction to this short story collection, the author describes how in his youth he watched this beloved series. Ten Tales of a Dark Tomorrow is a collection of ten short stories written reminiscent to the show in multiple ways as well as pay homage to it and to his youth.

Thoughts:
One of the haunting pleasures of reading a collection reminiscent of the Twilig
Keith Jr.
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well written as well a good read!
Suhailah
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
With all the unexpected events going on in the world today, you would think it not wise to even want to imagine what tomorrow will bring. But I could not help myself. Ten Tales of a Dark Tomorrow was an exciting read and a special pass into the inner workings of Mr. Kuhn's mind as many of the stories even derived from some of his own dreams. Intelligent, imaginative, frightening, and twisted are these tales that they seem to stick with you long after you have read them. Along the journey of my r ...more
Rhonda
The title is a little deceptive in that these tales are not so dark as you might think. At least I didn't find them so, but then I've read a lot of sci-fi/speculative fiction - which is where I would classify this book. The author got his inspiration from the old Twilight Zone TV show and I would say he's right on point. I thought most of these stories would fit the bill for an episode. I especially liked Let's Ride Bikes and Nana's Memory Box. Most stories were under an hour's listen so you can ...more
Lyndsay Whitlock
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great collection of short stories that will keep you up thinking. My favorite was probably the AI story. I love science fiction and I enjoyed the really unique twist on the tale. It’s truly horrifying to think what can happen if we give AIs control. This set won’t disappoint.
David White
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book!

I enjoyed all 10 short stories. I highly recommend this book to any who might like short stories. I read the entire book in one day, it was that good.
Nathaniel
May 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have never enjoyed an anthology as much as I enjoyed this one. The first story threw me off and I wasn't going to continue but I pushed through the second story and it gripped me. These ten tales are fantastic. They're all different versions of the future, all of them science fiction, and many of them bordering horror. The characters were great, the worldbuilding was fantastic, and the ideas were so cool. I'm in love with this collection.
Christine Dunne
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I adored he thought zone

I really liked your stories as found myself remember ing re shows I watched thank you for this tell you what y
Alison Beamon
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Chilling

This collection will keep me up at night. I love all the chills and goosebumps that these tales created. Job well done!
Bill
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ten Tales exploring different realities. The most twilight zonish is "Let's Ride Bikes"
I will read more of this author's works
Dale Sobel
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Terrific read

I really enjoyed this collection. It reminds me a great deal of the tv series twilight zone. I hope there will be a second collection.
Samantha Kroese
Aug 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyable!

I loved these dark tales. Each one was unique and different and had a different meaning. Higky recommended to anyone who enjoys stories like the Twilight Zone.
Jack Webb
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Success

In the author's foreword, he states his goal was to create the stories in this anthology with a nod to Rod Sterling's "Twilight Zone". He wanted these stories to imbue a sense of wonder, or whimsy, or even horror, as the show did so well. I'm my opinion he succeeded.
Patrick
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fun, nicely delivered

This book has some very nice stories and several great stories. They cover a lot of different settings (from a galactic throne to interaction between the worlds of the multiverse). It's all dark but not the S. King or D. Koontz horror fest that I was expecting.

I always give short stories extra points from the outset and when they are really well done, they are gems. This collection was a treasure chest.
Lonnie Armenta
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: done
This is my review of
Ten Tales of a Dark Tomorrow.
By Kevin A. KuhnNarrated by Jon Hegge and Laurie Hegge

Great listen, tho I didn't care for one story. But they are all short stories anyways.
Totally Twilight Zone or Night Gallery with outer space themes. Just when the story gets intense and you get the twist, it's over. I wish some of the stories were longer as I wanted more.
Heaven Boynton
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I NEED “Teach a Man to Fish” to become a movie. It was so good!!
« previous 1 3 next »
Listopia 1 2 Sep 10, 2020 07:53PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please Add Award 6 53 Apr 26, 2020 05:35AM

• Where Darkness Dares to Tread: Thirty-Two Horror Stories That Will Follow You Under the Covers
  • In Every Dark Corner: Horror Stories
  • The Dead Box: And Other Stories To Scare You Shitless
  • The Devil's Bedtime Stories: Volume One
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • A Twisted Twelve
  • An Equal Justice (David Adams, #1)
  • Accursed: A Horror Anthology
  • If I Die Before I Wake: Tales of Karma and Fear (The Better Off Dead Series #1)
  • The Monsters We Forgot, Volume 2
  • Christmas Shopaholic
  • Short Horror Stories Vol. 18: Scary Ghosts, Monsters, Demons, and Hauntings (Supernatural Suspense Collection)
Kevin Kuhn lives in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, with his wife Melinda and three children. He is a University Lecturer who enjoys sipping cheap bourbon, avoiding yard work, and living vicariously through his children's sports. While Kevin has no musical skill whatsoever, he appreciates a broad spectrum of artists from Pink Floyd to Prince and Radiohead to the Rolling Stones. His golf game is horrific ...more