Start by marking “Never Say Goodbye” as Want to Read:
Never Say Goodbye

Never Say Goodbye

They say time heals all wounds. But he was finding it a poor painkiller.

Tyler Collens has seen grief and loss in his years of experience as a paramedic—but he never expected it to touch his life in such a personal way. The death of his wife eighteen months ago shook his steady world and changed him in more ways than he can count. Time and routine have steadied his feet, an
Published May 2nd 2020 by Ichthus Family Publications (first published 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Never Say Goodbye, please sign up.
Mary No, it has not been published quite yet. But it's only a couple of months away! :) The target date was Spring 2020. The exact date hasn't been announc…moreNo, it has not been published quite yet. But it's only a couple of months away! :) The target date was Spring 2020. The exact date hasn't been announced. Sarah Grace Grzy posts updates on social media, however, especially Instagram.

It's currently being read by ARC reviewers. (That's why you see a few people reading it early.)(less)

Start your review of Never Say Goodbye
Hannah
Going ahead and hanging five stars on this one because I’m quite sure the finalized draft won’t get worse than the beta copy I read and loved! (I read 70% of the book in one sitting despite having a headache from staring at the computer screen.) Things I intend to come back and say more about after publication:
-Tyler and Alyvia are really sympathetic leads
-There’s a bookshop
-Lots of adorable kid scenes
-A little bit of Piper and Ezra from the first book

Just make sure you’re ready to buy your copy
Addy S.
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
1000 stars if I could. Wow. RTC.
Elizabeth Dragina
May 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars ~

I'm a little late to the review party . . . . *sheepish grimace*

It took me awhile to get invested in the story. 😞 I was hoping for *my* Tyler to return .... but he wasn't the same. Grief changed him. Severely. You see, I have a really hard time enjoying a romance book where one of the MC's was married before.

Sarah Grace Grzy did an amazing job delivering the absolute devastation that comes with such loss. But I was hoping for a cheerful, whimsical romance with Tyler.

I'm also not m
Mikayla
So, Grzy's writing style has improved since Live Without You. This book is beautifully written, with characters that feel real.
I loved the storyline to this book. Murree was such a sweetheart, the bookshop was cool, seeing Ezra and Piper was fantastic, and the message was really good.

My only complaint (and why this book is four, not five stars) is the number of words like d*rn, h*ck and such. I realize most people don't consider that cussing, but they really bugged me.

Original review>> Wow. O
Abigail
And it felt really good. Him. Her. Laughing. Together. It scared her how natural it felt to be herself around him. It was comfortable, easy-going. And terrifying.

I didn't know how Sarah Grace was going to get better than Live Without You, but she did it.

This was so wonderful. I'm always a fan of a good friends-to-lovers trope, and it's in full swing here. Sarah Grace's books are ones that you pick up and can't put down because you never know what's going to happen. There's a lot to love about
Andrea Cox
Y’all, let me catch my breath!

Sniffle, sniffle, dry my eyes.

All right.

Ahem. This review may be a hot mess. Why? you wonder. I’ll tell you.

This book wrecked me.

Oh, it’s in a great way, believe me, but I’m still wrecked! You see, this book sort of sneaked up on me. It was gallivanting along in a lighthearted, contemporary romance kind of way… and then BOOM! All these emotional things started happening, and they all made sense in the plot and everything, but they blindsided me. Completely blindside
Brooklyne
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!

To say I enjoyed Never Say Goodbye would be a understatement. The characters, the setting, and the message throughout this book was amazing! I was privileged for the opportunity to beta read Never Say Goodbye, and I look forward to future books by Sarah Grace Grzy.

I really liked the relationship that Ty had with his little daughter, though he was very overprotective at times and that sometimes clouded his judgment. Alyvia was such a neat character! I loved that she loved books as muc
Holly Christine
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher for promotional purposes. The thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.

Sarah Grace Grzy has yet again spun a powerful story of hope and second chances.

Never Say Goodbye is a YA contemporary novel about a widowed father (Tyler) and sweet bookshop owner (Alyvia.) Both go on a journey to discovering freedom from fear and bitterness. Sarah does a wonderful job crafting characters with relatable em
Kacie
Jul 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Never Say Goodbye was sweet and heartbreaking at the same time. I loved it so much. The relationship between Tyler and his little girl was so perfect, my heart melted.
H. S. Kylian (Hannah Killian)
Oh, this was so sweet! I absolutely love romance novels where the romance just comes on so gradually and subtly that you don't even notice that it happened until the end.

And oh my word, LITTLE. KID. CHARACTERS. Murrae and Topher were SO adorable!!!

I'm also pretty sure I felt my eyes start to burn at one or two parts??? Such as one or two parts between Alyvia and her dad...

And I love Tyler and Ezra's friendship - they are so funny.

Also, that line about WA being wet and rainy much of the year -
Mikaela
Apr 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oh friends, this is a good one. This is not the typical genre that I read since I usually prefer suspense, mystery, and thrillers. But, sometimes I need a lighthearted book that I can escape in, especially a heavier read. This one came at the perfect moment!

Never Say Goodbye follows Tyler Collens and Alyvia Emmerson on their journeys toward forgiving, letting go, and moving forward. Their story is so sweet and continually points readers to Jesus. I love that the author is able to so beautifully
Victoria Lynn
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ALL THE FEELS. 😭😬😭♥️😬
S.G. Willoughby
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I told myself I wasn't going to read any books during the month of may. See, I'm doing this crazy Bible reading challenge, and I just wouldn't have time. But I got ahead and after a good cry and a long week, my heart was ready for something soothing.

Never Say Goodbye was exactly what I needed. Shockingly, I didn't cry through it, despite how emotional it is. But I also laughed and fangirled and escaped from reality.

LOVED:
-The friendships <3
-Piper and Ezra being part of the story (and their munch
Libby May
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any Christian YA Reader
Where do I even begin? I had the honor of beta reading this book in it's earlier stages before it was completed. It was so beautifully done. When I had read Live Without You, I got to know Ezra's best friend Tyler just a tiny bit, but that was enough to hook me. At that time, this novel was just a seed in Sarah Grace's mind, and under a lot of covers (in fact when I asked her if Tyler was going to get a story, she told me possibly, but not to tell anybody *slaps hands over my mouth*) I was so ex ...more
Rebekah Morris
Apr 23, 2020 rated it liked it
After really liking the first book by this author, I was excited to read this one.
Tyler was sweet and fun at the same time. I enjoyed watching him with his little daughter even though he was a little over-protective at times. (The term “helicopter parent” felt a little overused and jerked me out of the story the first time it was mentioned.)
Alyvia had struggles, but they were real. Her bookstore sounded fun, and I would have enjoyed visiting. I liked watching her grow in her relationship with he
Lilian
Oct 22, 2019 is currently reading it
kind of confused because I thought the cover had a couple more days to release or something? or maybe I missed something? but Sarah Grace did such a good job on the cover and I can't wait to read it!
Eliza Noel
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, ya
OH. MY. GOODNESS.

I loved this book, oh so very much! Tyler and Alyvia are adorable. All the small children are adorable. Love the cozy bookstore vibes. Love the father-daughter stories going on. Love the slightly complicated, but sweet and innocent romance. Literally just the cutest. This is definitely on my list of favorites now and I'll for sure be recommending it!
Melanie
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Never Say Goodbye was a wonderful story. I felt for the characters and could feel their emotions. I liked the story of forgiveness and, oh, was it a good one!

The story had ups and downs and left you guessing as to what was going to happen next....there was one particular moment that REALLY had me on the edge and nervous for the characters.

All in all, Never Say Goodbye was lovely and I recommend it!

*Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned a
Tara Savanna
In the middle of life's storms, it can be easy to forget that God is right there with us. This book brings home the reminder that God is both willing and able to carry us through those storms, if we let Him...

Grzy has done it again in creating characters whose stories make me smile, break my heart, and leave me wanting more. She has taken such care in making her stories, and the characters in them, real and I love how she begins almost immediately with heart dropping action!

Having read the previ
Grace Morris
4.5 Stars! =D

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author\publisher for promotional purposes. I was not required to write an positive review. These are my honest thoughts and opinions.

*All the heart eyes* Tyler got his own story!!! We got exactly what we wanted people! Tyler's own story!!! Gah, I'm just so happy right now!

First of all, can we take a moment to appreciate the cover? IT IS SO GORGEOUS!!! I love all the covers in this series! They are all just so pretty!!!

This book r
Olivia Giordano
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
**I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author/publisher for promotional purposes. I was not required to write an positive review. These are my honest thoughts and opinions.**

Oh my WORD what a cute story. I'm not a huge contemporary romance reader, but this was so beautifully done. Sarah pulled me in right away. I'm a ball of emotions and sadness and happiness all at once. I loved how well Tyler's grief was dealt with. And he's such a cute dad. And of course I loved Alyvia. There
Kaitlyn S.
I waited so long to get my hands on this book . . . and finally, I was able to read a review an ARC. And my, oh my, was it ever good! Guys, when this book comes out May 2, I highly, highly recommend that you find a copy and read it.

I loved the glimpse of Ms. Cecile -- who was by far my favourite character in 'Live Without You' -- and getting to catch up with Piper and Ezra again. And getting to know Ezra's partner, Tyler, was fun.

Alyvia is a young lady who is struggling after her father desert
Laura Guenot
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was incredible!

Unlike a lot of contemporary Christian novels, Never Say Goodbye was full of rich dialogue, relatable characters, and innocent sweetness. Instead of focusing on their problems and painful pasts, the main characters ministered to one another, and to those around them.

Both Alyvia and Tyler had a different personality and were so unlike your average characters that I found myself believing they were actual people! Alyvia, you are fantastic! (I want to drop by and visit yo
Kaitlyn Krispense
(4.5 stars, rounded up to 5)

Gahhhh, ya'll! This book is the sweetest thing!

I read Live Without You about a year ago and while it was good, the side character, Tyler, was my favorite. So when I heard that the author's next book was going to be about him, I was so super excited! I had sliiiiightly high expectations for this baby, and it didn't disappoint!

So, confession: I read this book and, while I try to take notes while I'm reading review books, I...put down about three during this one. There's
Ellen Senechal
May 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ever had a book so completely tear you up you're crying big, choking sobs on the inside? If so, I think you can relate to me when I say: THIS STORY HIT ME HARD. The writing style, amazing. Plot line, even better. Characters? Oh, spot-on. I can already tell "Never Say Goodbye" will be a reread for many years to come. :)
And all right, I'll go ahead and confess this is the first book I've read by Ms. Grzy. I read this one, then "Live Without You." Both are pretty spectacular, although it seems to m
Michaela Bush
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
FTC Disclosure: I received a review copy of this novel from the publisher. The views expressed in this review are my own.

Wow. Can I say that this book is amazing? Very heartfelt, a moving plot, and great themes revolving around family, healing, and growth. It reads well as a standalone or as a sequel to Live Without You by the same author. I absolutely loved getting to know the main characters -- and there are some seriously sweet father-daughter dynamics prevalent in this book, too. So wonderf
Ashlee
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well first of all, what a cover. I'm sure I've mentioned it before but I do start judging a book by its cover and this one gets two thumbs up from me. From the colors to the font of the title. Just great.

Now getting into the heart of this book, I did feel like it grabbed my attention early on. I didn't feel like I had to struggle to read it or to make myself keep going. I'm not shy about giving up on books that don't grab me or keep me, so I think that was well done on Sarah Grace Grzy's part. A
Rachael (bluestockings_and_books)
Sarah Grace continues to not disappoint! Never Say Goodbye takes place multiple years after Live Without You, but I never felt like I missed something, even though I could tell each character had gone through a journey. And can we just name Sarah Grace the queen of surprises now? Even when there is nothing drastic happening, I found myself still hanging onto every word waiting for the next surprise to come around the corner. I love how everything is actually realistic and could happen easily too ...more
Brittany
Never Say Goodbye was a very emotionally satisfying story. It had so many things to recommend it and some sweetly humorous moments sprinkled throughout this tender tale.

I liked both of these characters a lot. Tyler was a great dad who loved his little girl so much. He struggled with grief for his deceased wife and the life they had together for such a short time. Alyvia struggled with things from her past, as well, and there was some reconciliation and forgiveness that she had to work through wi
JD Sutter
Rating and review to come upon publication.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Dust (Heirs of Neverland, #1)
  • Window Fellow
  • The Lost Lieutenant (Serendipity & Secrets, #1)
  • A Life Once Dreamed
  • Take a Chance on Me (A Misty River Romance #0.5)
  • At Love's Command (Hanger's Horsemen, #1)
  • Start With Me
  • Molly (Sewing in SoCal, #1)
  • A Strand of Hope (Librarians of Willow Hollow)
  • Before I Called You Mine
  • The Coronation  (Tales of Tarsurella #1)
  • Freedom (Liberty's Battlegrounds, #1)
  • Dandelion Dust
  • Bound: Two Broken Souls. One Journey
  • What Momma Left Behind
  • The House at the End of the Moor
  • Falling for the Innkeeper
  • A Portrait of Loyalty (The Codebreakers, #3)
Sarah Grace Grzy is a voracious reader, and if it weren’t for this crazy thing called 'Life,' she’d be tempted to spend all her days in front of a wood stove, book in one hand, coffee mug in the other.

A lover of learning, she finds enjoyment in many things and has more hobbies than she knows what to do with. Sarah Grace is a freelance web and graphic designer, and when not working, spending time