Start by marking “Swamp Santa (Miss Fortune Mystery #16)” as Want to Read:
Swamp Santa (Miss Fortune Mystery #16)

Swamp Santa

(Miss Fortune Mystery #16)

It’s Christmas in Sinful and Fortune is set to participate in all the local hoopla. A Christmas gala, caroling, and a sleigh ride are on the agenda. Murder is not. But when someone bumps off Santa, Fortune is aware a killer is lurking among the holiday cheer. But with no client and no reason to interfere with a police investigation, it looks as if Fortune, Ida Belle, and G ...more
Published October 20th 2019 by J&R Publishing LLC

Start your review of Swamp Santa (Miss Fortune Mystery #16)
Minx
Gosh, I love this series so much and I was enjoying this story as I always, until the reveals and twists. There were cleverly done but amoral in my opinion. It's the whole "end justifies the means" type of thinking and I just didn't agree. I won't stop reading the series over it, lol, because it wasn't that horrible, but my opinion on that could change. :D
Sandee
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delightful, fun and funny. A more complex mystery in this book and I loved every minute of it. I love this series so much! Again, this book is more focused on solving the mystery and the threesome's hilarious adventures as they solve it. A very enjoyable book!
Gail Koger
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love her books. Jana always guarantees a LOL, rollicking good time. This murder mystery was a puzzler and I didn't have a clue who the murderer was until it was revealed. I highly recommend this book.
Dallass
OMG, that ending!

I love me a Miss Fortune story and this book was just as funny as any of the previous stories, Celia gets in trouble (yah! 🥳), and Francis causes havoc at the pageant, plus Fortune rides to the rescue more than once - literally - but it was the final conversation of the book that really has me in a tizzy. It was unexpected, has the potential for an emotional fallout the likes of which we haven’t seen yet, and after the bombshell was dropped, that was it 😳 Now, I’m going to be
Valerie Irwin
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One thing after another then BANG...

Celia is at her finest! Godzilla has a thing for oversized fish! Santa's not who he's meant to be! Carter is in the thick of the holiday spirit with horses running a muck, trailers filled with carolers flying down residential streets and Sheriff Lee laying down the law!!!! And in the middle of all this, there is a murder to be solved! The story line is great and could have ended with the murder solved, but that's just not Jana DeLeon's style. The last lines
Barbara Jean Basel
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s great to have Fortune back to her old stuff!

Fortune is no longer a CIA Agent. Life is slower, and her new life as a PI has not really taken off. Although Carter is less than enthusiastic, he recognizes that Fortune is legally permitted to choose and work for her own clients. With Gertie and Ida Belle as employees, life is as hilarious and challenging as ever. Throw in Carter’s concerns and position as the local deputy, well, one can not imagine how this adventure will play out!
Jan Locke
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gators, guns and Christmas

My goodness It's almost scary the way Jana DeLeon can spin such a devious tale! You think you've got it figured out? Turn the page and have some more craziness come up. With the usual humor and the fun characters surrounding Fortune I settled in for an afternoon of adventure and laughter. I would like to see more of Carter and have him be more than the comrade/boyfriend who pops in every few chapters. His background and strength of character could add a lot to this bay
Judith Roberts
Small southern town

This latest from Jana DeLeon continues to make me laugh out loud and shake my head alot. Fortune, Gertie and IdaBell are in the midst of Christmas celebrations. Of course, there is much hilarity which occurs in the celebrations. Much to a everyone's surprise and horror, Santa falls from his throne to the floor dead.

Of course the ladies, begin to investigate. All our favorites from the earlier books are here too. Buy the book. Set aside a block of time. Turn of
Mary Heron
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The most complex case to date for Swamp Team Three.

You need to pay careful attention reading this instalment in the adventures of Fortune, Ida Belle and Gertie. The mystery is a complex one and I defy anybody to work it out. I know I didn't. It has so many twists in it will leave you dizzy. Then we also have the usual shenanigans occuring when Gertie is involved in anything, I do so love that Lady. She's a breath of fresh air always up for anything she may be in her seventies but she has the
Cathy Pardue
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!

I love that the quality isn't declining in this series. This is one of my favorites. Laughed so hard at the shenanigans. I love th characters, the overall ARC of the series and definitely each book in series. This one came with so many twists and turns. Unputdownable. I don't want one give spoilers, so will just end review here. Must read.
Thomas
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's Christmas in Sinful, LA. And nothing ever goes according to plans in Sinful. Even the Christmas play.

When Longtime Santa portrayer Ronnie Long is found in his chair waiting to talk to the kids, passed out. Fortune assumes he's drunk. They quickly realize that he's not drunk but dead.

Things are never simple in Sinful. Dead Santa is not Ronnie Long, but an unknown man who had assaulted Ronnie in order to take his place as Santa.

As Fortune and the girls look into the c
Marsha
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Swamp Santa” finds us back again in Sinful, Louisiana. It’s Christmas and the good folks of Sinful have combined their efforts to put on a Christmas pageant. Gertie decides to bring her parrot to the play to perform with her. That’s when all hell breaks loose and they find Santa dead.

Of course, the best part of the chaos was our favorite nemesis, Celia. She lands face first in cow poop and it is filmed and put on YouTube with a huge following. She is not very happy.

The H
Elisa
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my that was hilarious talk about a laugh and a half a page...

Fortune, Ida Belle and Gertie are back in action and Sinful is putting on it's best Christmas spirit, full of murder and mayhem of course and a lot of fun at Celia's expense I wouldn't have missed this story for the world...

Highly entertaining and action packed you could start a good drinking game on Gertie's exploits alone, not to mention how many times Carter accuses the gals of wrong doing lol and of cours
Holly
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It Wouldn't Be Christmas...

Without SwampTeam3! I love every book in this series, but this one is special. Fortune is settling nicely into her life as a PI and into Sinful. There's no shortage of hilarity with Gertie in the mix and I can't wait to find out what happens next!
I consider these characters part of my extended family. Not the.family you're stuck with, the family you choose.
So looking forward to the next adventure with Fortune, Ida Belle, Gertie, Carter, and everyone else!
Barbara Hackel
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fortune goes along with Gertie and Ida Belle to all the Sinful Christmas events. Each has it's own unique style of funny, and usually Gertie is in the middle of things. Everybody gets their moment if you include ER visits, runaway horse salvage, putting out fires, and saving gators from being shot! All that laughing, and an unusual murder and mystery besides. Great writing and highly entertaining. Some responsibilities may have been forgotten during the reading of this book. It was too good to p ...more
Kristi Gladden
Hilarious As Always!

I don’t know how Jana DeLeon thinks of the crazy situations Fortune, Ida Belle, and Gertie (esp. Gertie) get into, but they are always amazingly vivid and hilarious, and make this series always fresh and fun. The addition of the parrot, and Godzilla, even, before, help keep this series “fresh as a daisy” (as I imagine Ida Belle or Gertie would say), and I never get tired of this series. Whenever I need a “pick me up”, as well as some intrigue, there is no better series than
Jane
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of this series’ best!

It’s Christmas time in Sinful and everything that can go wrong does, beginning with the murder of Santa. Fans of the author will be pleased that Big, Little and evening Godzilla are included in this fast moving mystery as PI Fortune, Gertie and Ida Belle try to identify a killer. No spoilers just my recommendation that if you are new to this series be prepared to laugh long and often! Jana DeLeon is at the top of her game with this book and I most highly recommend it
Rhonda Jones
Love This Series

I Love all the main characters. The series has a kick butt heroine who used to be a CIA operative. Fortune's partners and best friends are two elder ladies who used to be spies in the military. Fortune's boyfriend is ex-military. And she has associates, Big and Little Hebert, who are questionable criminals. Big and Little's strong arm is a guy named Manny who is an ex-Navy seal. Love these characters!!!! And the mysteries are intriguing, multi-layered, and fast paced. Great se
Sherry
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A First Christmas for Fortune

Former CIA, now a PI, Fortune is set to enjoy her first real Christmas in Mudbug. Throw in a murder, some fireworks, and you send Fortune, Ida Bell, and Gertie on search for answers to who switched the Santas and why. This one is packed with adventure, Twists, turns, surprising ending, didn't see coming and cliff hanger for the next book, Jana has done it again.
Silver Smithy
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Great Day is any day spent in SINFUL!

I absolutely adore this series.
This book did not disappoint.
Jana DeLeon is not only a prolific and creative writer, she's fun and her characters take on a life of their own.
You will laugh out loud.
There are twists and turns and start the book and will not want to put it down.
You always want more at the end of each and every book.
I am anxiously awaiting her next installment!
Sandy Daniels
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!! These books are always hilarious and I laugh and laugh! (Was reading at the hairdresser's and was asked if the book was funny!) Fortune, Ida Belle and Gertie have another mystery to solve when Santa is murdered at the Christmas gala. Santa was a PI looking for someone and they need to find who he was looking for before someone else arrives in town to finish the job. A fantastic read.
Jan
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wonderful series!

I love reading this series. It is always good for some hearty laughs and a few chuckles along the way. This installment took me longer, I had a hard time getting through the first half of the book, but then, it took off finally. For those of you who enjoy this series, it's worth the purchase. For newcomers, start at the beginning. Without the background, it just won't be as much fun to read.
Kelly Young
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a Christmas gift that I just could not save for the holidays, and I'm glad that I didn't. From the first chapter, this was a frolicking, fun read, with shenanigans only Fortune, Ida Belle and Gertie can provide. Add to that a compelling mystery with enough twists and turns to make you feel like you are in a boat on the bayou with the ladies, and you have a page-turner that you are sorry to see end.
Kristie Randall
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Santa’s dead and fish are flying

I’ve enjoyed all the books in this series, but is my favorite so far. Fortune is really starting to come into her new life and Gertie is amazing as always. Just when you think you have everything figured out, a new twist pops up. A fun light read that will make you giggle.
Sandi Blaylock
Fortune Fanatic

Book 16 under my belt. I have never given less than 5 stars on her books. They are captivating and funny. I could read only her but the poor girl can't write that fast. So I'll wait patiently for the next one. I get an email and purchase within seconds. If you ant a great read I recommend Jana's books. You won't regret it. Your fan forever.
Terri
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've been a Fortune Fan from the very beginning and once again, loved the mis-adventures of Fortune, Gertie and Ida Belle. I thoroughly enjoyed this romp with a dead Santa, but this tale got a bit confusing at times (which is why 4 stars and not 5). Nevertheless, I enjoyed and recommend Swamp Santa!
Karene Smith
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Always A Hoot!

More hilarity and feels ensue in Sinful in this great installment of the Miss Fortune series. All my favorite characters made an appearance, there was action a plenty, and the plot kept me turning pages when I should have been sleeping. I hope these make it to screne one day. Loved this book!
Suzanne Lessard
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
More fun

WOW this book kept me going until the end. Jana I don’t know how you do it but I always think about one ending story and it’s always a big oh I was not expecting this at all. Thank you so much for all that fun ... unfortunately we read the book faster than you can write 🤦🏼♀🙄
Pamela C. Hall
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another winner!

I absolutely love the Miss Fortune books. All of them are entertaining and never disappoint. Listening to audible recordings is my preferance because the narrator, Cassandra Campbell, is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. So after listening to all of them and then having to read Swamp Christmas, I'm happy to say I can "hear" each character. I highly recommend this series.
Lois L Langham
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG !!!!!!

If you read the Fortune series be prepared for the moment we have all been waiting for . Jana never disappoints and always leaves you wanting more. It’s great to see the Hebert’s and Mannie back . Gertie is up to her antics that will have you laughing . Always a great read with Jana’s books. Enjoy and Merry Christmas.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Hitwoman and the Fallen Angel (Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman #20)
  • Make Believe Murder (Merry Wrath #12)
  • Witchin' Around The Clock (Wicked Witches Of The Midwest, #15)
  • Fatal Traditions: A Short Story from the Deadwood Humorous Mystery Series (Deadwood Shorts Book 5)
  • The Fish Bomb Caper (Miss Fortune World)
  • Fields' Guide to Fog (Poppy Fields Adventures #4)
  • A FISTFUL OF DEMONS (HANNAH HICKOK WITCHY MYSTERY #2)
  • Suspect in High Heels (High Heels Mysteries Book 10)
  • Only The Lost (Death Gate Grim Reapers Thriller, #3)
  • Oracles & Obituaries (An Avery Shaw Mystery Book 15)
  • No Crones About It (A Spell's Angels Cozy Mystery #2)
  • Right of Redemption (Savannah Martin Mysteries #18)
  • The Vampire's Priceless Treasure (Nocturne Falls, #11)
  • WICKED DECISIONS (AN IVY MORGAN MYSTERY #15)
  • Galliano Gold (Franki Amato Mysteries, #5)
  • Meerkats and Murder (Merry Wrath #11)
  • Valleys, Vehicles & Victims (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #9)
  • Turmoil in Savannah: A Made in Savannah Cozy Mystery (Made in Savannah Cozy Mysteries Series Book 13)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jana DeLeon was raised in southwest Louisiana among the bayous and gators. Her hometown is Carlyss, but you probably won't find it on a map. Her family owned a camp located on a bayou just off the Gulf of Mexico that you could only get there by boat. The most important feature was the rope hammock hanging in the shade on a huge deck that stretched ou ...more

Miss Fortune Mystery (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Louisiana Longshot (Miss Fortune Mystery, #1)
  • Lethal Bayou Beauty (Miss Fortune Mystery #2)
  • Swamp Sniper (Miss Fortune Mystery, #3)
  • Swamp Team 3 (Miss Fortune Mystery, #4)
  • Gator Bait (Miss Fortune Mystery, #5)
  • Soldiers of Fortune (Miss Fortune Mystery, #6)
  • Hurricane Force (Miss Fortune Mystery #7)
  • Fortune Hunter (Miss Fortune Mystery #8)
  • Later Gator (Miss Fortune Mystery #9)
  • Hook, Line and Blinker (Miss Fortune Mystery #10)