Start by marking “Leave It to Cleavage” as Want to Read:
Leave It to Cleavage

Leave It to Cleavage

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  551 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
Miranda Smith isn't surprised to discover a cache of racy photographs in her husband's desk--after all, he is the president of Ballantyne Bras. But she's more than shocked to realize it's his buff, burly body encased in the red satin bustier and matching bikini panties...and he's nowhere to be found. Neither is their life savings nor the company coffers. Thus begins Mirand ...more
Published August 3rd 2004 by Bantam (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Leave It to Cleavage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leave It to Cleavage

Catherine
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a cute easy read. The female characters were strong women, especially Grams. Strangers things have happened.
Hema
Oct 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, humor, romance
I just chanced upon this novel by a less known author, Wendy Wax. I read it just not to judge the book by its cover. But due to obvious reasons, any girl will know it would be a full blast Chic Lit.

How could Miranda Ballantyne know, searching for a roll of stamps could be catastrophic and change her life as she knows it. Miranda's new year resolution was to stock a good amount stamps and she had failed to live to it. She has nearly upturned the whole house, and the only thing left was her husba
Courtney
Dec 09, 2008 rated it liked it
This was a cute, light read. Not heavy on the romance like I thought it might be. My favorite character was Andie, the fifteen year old daughter of the police cheif. The part where she learned to walk in high heels made me smile. The female characters were strong women who went after what they wanted. Miranda was a likeable enough main character, but after awhile I found her to be a little boring. I would definitely qualify this paperback as a beach read.
Michelle
Jun 05, 2011 rated it liked it
The tagline, "Lingerie is her business. Seducing her out of it is his," is actually inaccurate. Blake spends a good portion of the novel lusting after Miranda while on the verge of falling in love, and the feelings are mutual. The sex is kept to a bare minimum, which I found quite soothing because it doesn't detract from the plot. There is a twist near the end that drags the story out a bit.
Barbara
Oct 25, 2008 rated it it was ok
This is more of a "I Am Women Hear Me Roar" book (not saying there's anything wrong with that), but the romance/main love story is pretty lacking...Here's a little praise to the pepe's in the marketing department and the author; they did do an awesome job with the cover and the title... the story is by all means as cute as the cover. So overall it's a fairly good Chick Lit book and fast read.
Tara
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
I am somewhere between it was okay and liked it. I have LOVED all the other Wendy Wax books I read. This one took me some time to get into and in the end I did enjoy it, but not as much as her others. She is always a fun read! I have one or two more of hers to read until she comes out with more :)
Jackie
Feb 05, 2008 rated it really liked it
another book about nothing that i enjoyed
Summerfly
Aug 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Ellen
Jun 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Certainly not great literature, but it was fun!
Sara
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great beach read! Perfect pace and not overly fluffy
Tasha
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
How would you feel if you find out your husband likes wearing sexy lingerie and doesn't look bad in it? LOL.. that's what this book is about. Miranda was only looking for a postage stamp so she could send her bill in on time only to discover photos of her husband's butt in lingerie. Now, she is furious because she had no idea and who's hand is on his butt? She discovers that their is more going on then meets the eye when she finds shredded audit documents in his trash as well. Now its up to her ...more
Amanda
Apr 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
It was a quick and easy read. I felt like there was a lt of back and forth between the chief of police and Miranda that was bordering on my yelling "enough already!" but I manage to keep it at bay. One thing that bothered me though was the scorn the town held for Miranda regarding the disappearance I her husband? I think sh should have been more forthcoming of those details because her protecting his so called reputation was really bugging me. Overall it was quick and easy and just the way I lie ...more
Jun 23, 2012 rated it liked it
This is old-school romantic-comedy with a heavy helping of cheese, which makes for a breezy read. Wendy Wax's earlier works remind me of Jennifer Crusie's old slapsticks, and I just couldn't resist. Yes, it was predictable in the relationship department--her writing has evolved a lot as evidenced by Ten Beach Road--but I'm a big fan of word candy. Those of you looking for something profound or intellectual: this is NOT it. But it was fun!
Lori
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a fun, easy to read book. My only problem was the last few chapters seemed rushed and jumbled up in a hurry to finish it up by page ##. I would have thought that having knowledge of each other from school days past, that more info about their interactions or antics could have been interspersed along the way. At times, they seem to not have known each other in their past? Otherwise, the chemistry is a good build up between the two characters.
Adrienne
Jul 14, 2012 rated it liked it
By necessity, I must keep my late 2012 reviews short. However, for a book of this particular genre, this novel is decent. It certainly contains the bare bones of a writer with some talent--the book is a combination of mystery, romance, coming-into-one's-own, etc..., so that immediately set it apart from others in the genre. Of course, this is no literary novel, but one ought to know that upon glancing a bra on the cover. Overall, an enjoyable "fluffy" read.
Janet Friesner
Jul 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Not quite as good as the last one of her's that I have read but it was readable and had some fun spots in it. Husband runs off with wife's money and leaves her family business in shambles. She steps in and take over. They make bras and undies. Starts out with her finding pictures of her ex-football player husband dress in same bras and thongs. Interesting with a surprise ending.
Michelle
Jul 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a fun fast read about a woman that is under estimated and has to find a way to stand on her own to feet before she can count on anyone again, especially men!

I feel the lead male could have had a bit more character development, but overall a nice story that begs for a sequel

Looking for mire Wendy Wax books.
Cheryl
Mar 06, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, 2012
I'm not sure what to think about this book. It was mindless, but at the same time I got so annoyed with the ending (view spoiler)
Caroline
Aug 18, 2011 rated it liked it
The plot line -- deserted wife steps in to rescue failing family-owned bra factory -- was reminiscent of the British movie Kinky Boots, and just as enjoyable.

Stock characters, a homely small-town setting, no unexpected surprises, and a few plot holes didn't detract from the fluffy good-natured atmosphere of the story.

Solid, well-written mainstream chick-lit.
Carol
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
It must say something about a book, if you are 3/4 the way through it before you realize that you have read it before. But I did not remember exactly how it ended and I was enjoying it, so I kept right on reading.
Diane Perry
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wendy Wax is a great writer. Her characters are always likable and funny. This book did not let me down. Miranda Smith was able to show everyone just how smart she really is. That is the ultimate revenge.
Darlene
A nice story of a southen woman done wrong but she did good with the brains that she had been unable to use in her marriage. This book contains some humor along the way. Wendy Wax is a very fun writer and I really enjoy her books!!!!
Jenn
Jul 05, 2008 rated it really liked it
A love story/mystery around the disappearance of the CEO of a bra company and the wife he left behind. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there wasn't much mushy stuff and was unhappy to see I was correct about the affair.
Marie
Jun 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was different than other books that I have read. I liked the author's writing style and the way she told the story. I will definitely try to read all of the books she has written.
Kim
May 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This is one of the books that I'm embarrased to rate. It was actually a good romance and not trashy - but the title...

It's a funny title (the long title is: leave it to cleavage - an uplifting book) and she makes decent use of humor in the book.

I will look for more books by Wendy Wax.
Vicki
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
A new to me author.
I really enjoyed the story and the characters.
Katie
Oct 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-10
This was very uplifting! I love novels that the woman reinvents herself and becomes self-reliant. Then, of course, the man that can appreciate her comes along.
Sasha Strader
Dec 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, romance
Why, oh why, are the heroes in romance novels so often arrogant pricks? Not to mention the whole "let's conceal something that isn't criminal from the police" angle.
  • Express Male (OPUS #2)
  • First Kiss (Bridesmaid Chronicles, #2)
  • Precious Blessings (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #2)
  • The Matzo Ball Heiress
  • At Close Range (Bear Claw Creek Crime Lab, #2)
  • Double Dare (Harlequin Blaze #324)
  • The Girls' Global Guide to Guys
  • Southern Living
  • The Not-So-Perfect Man
  • Being Committed
  • Blame It on Paris
  • Killer Fudge (A Callahan Garrity Short Story)
  • Misery Loves Maggody (Arly Hanks, #11)
  • Resurrection Road (Bay Tanner, #5)
I write novels that explore friendship, self-discovery and the challenges life brings us, leavened with a touch of humor. I'm proud of all my books and perhaps best known for my "Ten Beach Road" titles including the USA Today bestsellers, Ten Beach Road and The House on Mermaid Point, and for While We Were Watching Downton Abbey.

I was born in St.Petersburg, Florida and grew up on St. Pete Beach wi
More about Wendy Wax...

“And remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did. Only she did it backwards and in heels.” 0 likes
“Like Andy Rooney and Judy Garland screaming “Let’s put on a play!” the” 0 likes