Start by marking “From Thailand with Love (First Comes Love #5)” as Want to Read:
From Thailand with Love (First Comes Love #5)

From Thailand with Love

(First Comes Love #5)

A NEW STAND-ALONE ROMANCE PACKED WITH ADVENTURE.

All Logan has to do is to get the gold and get the girl. Easy, right?

Travel photographer Winter Knowles and archeology professor Logan Spencer dislike each other at first sight. Stuck together into the wild, these two unwilling teammates will bicker and banter their way through a laugh-packed treasure hunt.

After years of se
Published February 25th 2020 by Pink Bloom Press

To ask other readers questions about From Thailand with Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Thailand with Love

Start your review of From Thailand with Love (First Comes Love #5)
Berit☀️✨
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
An adrenaline pumping, heart pounding, action packed romance.Adventure, Romance, monkeys, secret cities, hidden tunnels, treasure, machetes, mercenaries, mud, gold, insects, rescues, and humor. Wow Camilla Isley this was unexpected! This was so much more than a enemies to lovers romcom. The story starts off innocently enough Winter catches Logan chasing after a monkey who has confiscated his phone. Oh and did I mention that Logan was naked? Then Winter finds out that she will be spending the nex ...more
DJ Sakata
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romantic-comedy
Favorite Quotes:

I can’t help not liking the man; he honestly gives me the creeps… he’s retained all his military bearing: buzz cut shorter at the sides, lean muscled body, and a hard face marked by a livid white slash. The ominous scar cuts from his left eyebrow to halfway down his cheek. And he probably enjoys frightening children with it in his spare time.

I try to resist, but quickly give in. Grabbing the ever-present camera dangling from my neck, I stealthily snap a few shots of my sweaty, mu
Camilla Isley
Available wherever books are sold, now also in audio!
Enemies to Lovers Romance
Amazon
Apple Books
Barnes & Noble
Kobo
Google Play

Guys, I'm so excited about this new book! My first adventure romance. I had such fun writing it, and I hope you'll enjoy reading this story just as much.

Happy reading.

Love,
Camilla
Finitha Jose
Wow! this was a surprise. When I imagined an enemies-to-lovers romance packed with adventure, I was not expecting it to be a life and death situation. Yes, that is how I found myself hunched up over my kindle with a heart about to burst . . . on a work night. Phew!
To be honest, the chemistry between Winter and Logan was not convincing enough for me at the beginning, probably because of the amount of time both spent secretly ogling each other's body. Infatuation at first sight? Definitely. Not a
Nursebookie
I Love an Amazing Enemies to lovers romantic comedy trope. This one sure gave me all the swoons and I devoured it!

Winter Knowles is an archeology professor and a travel photographer, out for an adventure of a life time. Enter Logan Spencer who is out to make a name for himself by using a new technology to find some long lost gold. Winter and Logan bumped heads right from the start and they definitely hate each other.

This is the fifth book in the First Comes Love Series by Camilla Isley. There
Leelynn (Sometimes Leelynn Reads) ❤
Disclaimer: I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you to RaRa Resources and Pink Bloom Press for this free copy. All quotes in this review are taken from the Advanced Reader Copy and may change in final publication.

Again, I have been getting really awesome contemporary romance novels from RaRa that I wouldn’t have even thought to look for if it wasn’t for this company, so thank you again so much for this opportunity. And again,
Rachel Gilbey
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Action and adventure wrapped up in a fabulous rom-com. Complete with an initial "meeting" that involves a naked bum, and a monkey! What on earth more could you ask for from a book.

This latest book was everything I could have wanted from a Camilla Isley story based on the title and a whole lot more besides.

It's a fabulous setting, twists I didn't see coming and it actually had my adrenaline pumping at points as I wondered how they would escape the situation they found themselves in.

I loved how
victoria_tonks
Apr 15, 2020 rated it did not like it
1.5 stars, because I have read it after all.

I hate to give this author such a low rating - I like this series and have read all the books so far. They are usually a safe bet and exactly what you can expect from the genre – a nice, fluffy afternoon read. This one seemed to be no different (apart from being rather more action-packed) and, until about 60% and despite some reservations, I thought it was a real page-turner. And then it all went downhill pretty fast, spiralling into absurdity and lud
Sara
An enemies to lovers adventure extravaganza. I adore to read love hate relationship books, but toss a thrilling adventure in and this novel has jumped to one of my all times favorite.

There was humor, action, tension, romance... this story really had it all!

I loved how feisty Winter was, how she didn't take any nonsense from Logan. And Logan was my kind of brooding, gorgeous hero. And best of all, his sidekick and best friend was just as charming and will be the leading man in the next novel! I c
Adele
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Ohh this was such a fabulous page turner of a read! From Thailand With Love is book 5 in the First Comes Love series however, each book is a standalone story based around an enemies to lover romantic comedy theme.
I've read quite a few of Camilla Isley's novels now and she writes stories that you fall in love with and you instantly become friends with the characters and are silently cheering them on.
I loved this storyline in From Thailand With Love; we have one feisty, beautiful, talented lady wh
Sydney Abel
Sep 14, 2020 rated it liked it
A whole heck of a lot is crammed into 218 pages!! Gave me Indiana Jones mixed with National Treasure vibes.

It was actually hilarious the amount unfortunate events that continued piling up on Logan and Winter. For having a group of angry, gold smuggling, pissed off ex special forces officers shooting/chasing after you... Winter and Logan seemed pretty chill. The part where she starts to sunbathe... I’m sorry but how and why. Just galloping and laughing in the water while these psychotic soldiers
Donna Maguire

I loved the cover for this book, it is lovely and really catches your eye!

I found this was a really easy story to read, the author set the pace and tone for the book brilliantly and I loved the setting. She really brought the story to life for me I was happy to relax and just let her take me away with the story - I could almost feel the sun as I was reading!

It did make me giggle at times when I was reading it as myself and my husband really didn’t like eac
ItaPixie
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars

From Thailand With Love was so sooo nice and when I turned last page I wished there was more to read.

I've enjoyed to follow Winter, a travel photographer, and Logan, an archaeologist, in their adventure to discover an ancient city of gold in the Thai forest.
Our main characters hate each other on the spot but a difficult time in an old temple make them reconsider their positions and they call a truce.

You can always count on Camilla Isley for a cute and funny story and a pretty and colourful co

Carla Johnson-Hicks
4.5 Stars: This was a fun story. It was a romance, there was some humour, lots of adventure, some suspense and action. Right from page one, I was hooked. I loved Winter's character. She was gorgeous, but she was also smart, talented, wicked funny, quick on her feet, loving and independent. Me, in a prettier package. 😃 All kidding aside, she was a great heroine in this story. Her hero, was Logan. An arrogant, quick to judge, smart, handsome professor of archeology who was leading the expedition t ...more
Charanya
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I love Camilla Isley books. The lowest star I would give would still be only a 4

Now on to this one, first let me get it out of the away about how thrilled I am about Archie getting his own book! But the blurb for it was disconcerting because it sounded like a normal rom-com. I have to adjust my expectation after the intense, action filled book 'From Thailand, with love' turned out to be!

To be honest, I was skeptical when I read the blurb for this one last year but I was in for a goo
Vikkie
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow Camilla Isley has done it again. This is another absolutely wonderful and delightful read. I have not been able to put this one down and it has been a superb read.
I have read all of this series and have eagerly and impatiently waited for this one. I definitely have not been disappointed.
Fantastic plot ✅
Wonderful characters ✅
Amazing author ✅
This is a book which literally has it all. It has been utterly impossible to put down and I have devoured this in just a few hours.
This has been a gorgeou
Keylo
Well, wasn’t this book a huge disappointment.

What I expected this to be: a fun rom-com with some exotic and dangerous journey through the jungle and a pair of witty main characters.

What I got: a slow and mostly boring journey through a not so exotic described jungle with a sexist man and a woman with child-like behavior.

Let’s start with Logan.

This book basically starts with a hot view of his ass, so we all know he’s physically perfect. Of course he is *eye roll*. But being physically beautiful
Damelapin
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kate Avery
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rating 4.5/5

I was quite looking forward to this book when I saw it was coming out, I really enjoyed the last book in the series, I was excited to get to know Winter a little better, and had high hopes that this would be just as entertaining.

I think in fact I was even more blown away by the action and adventure in this book, I mean with a description like that I was hoping for it but thought that maybe it would be a little bit mixed in with the romance. However I was very pleasantly surprised whe
Melanie Farmer
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Firstly I must confess to not having read any other novels from the First Comes Love series, but I can confirm that it can be read as a standalone. I did not feel I was missing out on anything by not having read any of the previous books (although I think I may go back and read To the Stars and Back, and am keen to read the next book You May Kiss the Bridesmaid).

Logan Spencer is an archeology professor who is about to embark on what could potentially be the find of his career. Secrecy surrounds
Em Rain
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
2.5! Wow this book was super cringe most of the time lol. (This is why I tend to stay away from adult romance.) So many cliches and typical “I hate you let’s banter and fall in love” vibes. I had a lot of issues with this book, but overall it was a lot of fun and definitely got better towards the end. However, I didn’t like the main two characters much at all (the side ones were pretty great tbh). Logan was extremely sexist and rude and Winter was so basic. Yes, they grow and become less petty b ...more
Laura Nelson (Tangents and Tissues)
Confession time – as a new-to-me author, I went into FTwL armed solely with a recommendation from a fellow reviewer so had zero expectations. Well, I have been on an adventure! One I did not see coming...

I may be showing my age, but for me, this was a bit like Romancing the Stone meets Indiana Jones. (Oi! I’m not that old.) Quick side note: FTwL is Book 5 in the First Comes Love series, but as I can confirm, it can easily be read as a standalone.

But let me tell you, Winter is no damsel in distr
Sara
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for Chick Lit Central (www.chicklitcentral.com)

A story that could easily be a combination of National Treasure and Romancing the Stone, From Thailand with Love is an action packed adventure from the get go, taking its reader along for the ride while Logan and Winter not only try to figure out the wilds of the jungle, but their own jumbled, crazy mess of feelings for one another.

I appreciated the character development. Logan is a no nonsense professor, with the primary goal of finding th
Kerry https://likeherdingcatsblog.wordpress.com Robinson
Although From Thailand With Love has links with other books in the First Comes Love Series, it is a stand alone really.  That being said, I do recommend the other books and they can be read in any order.

Camilla Isley novels are the ultimate in escapism, usually offering some exotic location or glamorous insight to a life beyond what most of us dream about.  They are the perfect novels to loose yourself in for a few hours and I just love them.

From Thailand with Love is an enemies to friends trope
Emma Barnes
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So this book has 23 Chapters and I think it's too short! Not in a the story wasn't complete way but more in a I wanted to read more way. In other words this story captured my interest from the word go and I enjoyed every single last word that Camilla wrote. Winter and Logan's story was exhilarating and exciting, a definite page turner. Not only that but it also has moments where you can't help but laugh out loud at some of the antics.
I loved this book from chapter 1 and it definitely has the po
Stepj Gear
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Travel Photographer Winter Knowles feels hate-over-heels when she meets archaeology professor, Logan Spencer. The pair bump heads from the start, and what follows is a tantalising story which entwines them both, creating a unlikely partnership that feels JUST right. This is a standalone book in the First Comes Love series from author, Camilla.
One of the things that I love in a book is the writers ability to create real, believable characters. The banter between this pair was enjoyable to read. I
Misfits farm
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
“A fun read packed with danger, action, romance, and comedy.”
Winter Knowles is a travel photographer. This time she is in Thailand with a group of archeologists searching out a lost golden city. The leader of the group Logan wasn’t the one to select her and it’s soon apparent why. He really really didn’t want a female in the group. Winter is more than capable much to his chagrin and finds out his reason for being rather misogynistic- he has been dumped by his girlfriend Tara and won’t allow anyo
Come_read_with_me_
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book has jumped to my top read of 2020 so far!

This book is part of a series however it can be read as a standalone!

Winter loves her job as a travel photographer so what could go wrong when she is asked to assist a team on an archeological dig to uncover the location of the legendary lost city of gold. The archeology professor is what's wrong. Logan and Winter dislike each other from the very start, however they have to work very close together if they want to get through this job successful
Jenn Webley
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Who doesn’t love an enemy to lover storyline? This one was full of everything you need to laugh out loud, gasp with surprise and nervously nibble your lip as you follow the ups and downs of Logan and Winter’s adventure.
I really enjoyed this latest offering from Camilla Isley; this series of fantastic romantic stories is one to catch up on but not needed as this is a perfect standalone book.
This is an adrenaline filled read that kept me on the edge of my sea
Julie
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a light-hearted enemies to lovers romance with more than a touch of Indiana Jones. Nice to see that in this story though the female is no mere pretty accompaniment but a strong, feisty woman who shows her mettle when put to the test. Perhaps that's why it took me a long time to warm to Logan. At first, he seems a typical alpha male, chauvinistic and not particularly likeable. He does mellow though so don't be put off. The background of the Thai jungle is lavishly described and brought ba ...more

• Arrogant Devil
  • Royal Holiday (The Wedding Date, #4)
  • Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1)
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Marriage on Madison Avenue (Central Park Pact, #3)
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • We Met in December
  • Frankly in Love
  • Crown of Coral and Pearl (Crown of Coral and Pearl, #1)
  • Everyday Enchantments: Musings on Ordinary Magic & Daily Conjurings
  • His Royal Highness
  • All I Want for Christmas Is You
  • Magpie Lane
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • The Wild One (Corisi Billionaires, #2)
  • Her Dark Knight's Redemption (Lovers and Legends #8)
  • Magic Unleashed (Venators, #1)
  • Bridge of Lies (The Adventures of Letty Parker,#2)
Camilla is an engineer turned writer after she quit her job to follow her husband on an adventure abroad.
She's a cat lover, coffee addict, and shoe hoarder. Besides writing, she loves reading--duh!--cooking, watching bad TV, and going to the movies--popcorn, please. She's a bit of a foodie, nothing too serious. A keen traveler, Camilla knows mosquitoes play a role in the ecosystem, and she doesn't

First Comes Love (7 books)
  • Love Connection
  • I Have Never (First Comes Love, #2)
  • A Christmas Date (First Comes Love #3)
  • To the Stars and Back (First Comes Love #4)
  • You May Kiss the Bridesmaid (First Comes Love #6)
  • Sweet Love and Country Roads (First Comes Love #7)

News & Interviews

“Because my sister screwed up her life over a douchebag that isn’t worth her pinky toe, and now she’s a castaway. Everyone knows what happened, thanks to the douche, and she’s the one who’s ended up having to go around with the figurative Scarlet Letter on her chest. She’s all sad and alone… and when Summer suffers, I suffer…” 0 likes