Start by marking “Unravel the Dusk (The Blood of Stars, #2)” as Want to Read:
Unravel the Dusk  (The Blood of Stars, #2)

Unravel the Dusk

(The Blood of Stars #2)

The thrilling sequel to SPIN THE DAWN, a magical series steeped in Chinese culture.

Maia Tamarin’s journey to sew the dresses of the sun, the moon and the stars has taken a grievous toll. She returns to a kingdom on the brink of war. The boy she loves is gone, and she is forced to don the dress of the sun and assume the place of the emperor’s bride-to-be to keep the peace.

Kindle Edition
Expected publication: July 7th 2020 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Unravel the Dusk, please sign up.
Quyen Yes. This Book is intended as the sequel to "Spin The Dawn"

Start your review of Unravel the Dusk (The Blood of Stars, #2)
✨ A ✨
Jul 15, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-release
The covers for this series is the kind of quality that other YA fantasy should be striving for. It's just so beautiful
_

I'm not gonna lie, I am d e s p e r a t e for this.
___
My review of Spin the Dawn
♠️ TABI ♠️
dangggg this cover came out ready to slap everyone with beauty
Alisaveth Wahnera
WHAT A CLEVER NAMEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! unravel the dusk. I have hopes for the cover being fiery and gorgeous. Ofcourse, expectations are skyhigh after reading book 1 because holy fuck.

UPDATE 1\11\19

WE HAVE A COVER OR AT LEAST I SAW IT NOW.

MY guess was righhttttttt, it is redddd! cannot wait for this. an arc would be deadly amazingggg.
Mary S. R.
Oct 29, 2019 marked it as to-read
Someone please kindly send me the address and info of this series' bleeding cover artist...

I have a kidnapping to plan, and a precious and delicate art (also known as torture) to learn—I will make her design my entire life, you just mark my words

Related books:
• Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)
Erika (OwlwaysReading)

Oct 03, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
#1 spin the dawn — 3.75 stars
#2 unravel the dusk (??)

COVER REVEAL

omg bless my eyes!! look at how gorgeous this cover is. love the fiery red and gold color schemes. it's G L O R I O U S.

(to be read)
ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω
Ahh the covers for these books! They are to die for! <3 <3
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
I cannot even express how happy I am BUT GUYS I HAVE AN ARC OF THIS BOOK OMG.

Thank you Random House Children’s and Knopf Books for the ARC.

....

SPIN THE DAWN:

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin’
Amanda (MetalPhantasmReads)
I NEED THIS BOOK! The ending of book one was too much lol. Cannot wait for this!
Kathryn Speckels (Metaphors and Miscellanea)
I AM SO EXCITED. I can't believe I got approved for this one on NetGalley. Oh my gosh. I can't wait!!
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
Just got approved for this pretty looking thing. I hope I enjoy it more than the first book.
- - -
Well if there's one thing I like about this series it's the covers. Even despite the my general aversion to cover models, I've liked both of the covers in this series.
Ashley
Nov 11, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
That cover tho

So so so so beautiful!
Samm | Sassenach the Book Wizard
"THE BLOOD OF STARS and an untitled sequel were pitched as Project Runway meets THE WRATH AND THE DAWN. To provide for her family, 17-year-old Maia Tamarin disguises herself as a boy to compete for the position of imperial tailor. Her task to sew three magical gowns of the sun and moon and stars leads her to find adventure, romance, and danger in a Chinese-inspired fantasy set along a re-imagined Silk Road."

Okay so I read The Wrath and the Dawn duology in a single day so...
➳ Christie  ➳
Ommmggg that COVER ...more
Kilikina
I still need to read Spin the Dawn, but this is hands down one of the most stunning covers I've EVER seen in my entire life. WOW!
Ananya Singh
I crave this, definitely count me in!
Keeana
Jan 20, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: by-asian-authors
that title <3
Marilyn
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cant wait to see where this story takes us next.
Jackie
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Well with a release date that happens to be my birthday I figured this would be a thrilling end to a series and I wasn’t wrong.

“Unravel the Dusk” finds Maia struggling to control the demon that lurks within her soul hungry for complete control as she tries her best to maintain peace in the kingdom but when things go south she finds herself on the run from royal guards but with each step she takes she finds herself moving closer to ghosts calling her home.

I was a little nervous going in to this
Lauren
LOOK AT THE COVER OH MY GOD IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK
Vinny
Thank you Knopf for providing me with a review copy in exchange for an honest review.

Update 11/20/2019
I got the digital copy!!! This desperation take turns y'all. I'm not so much of a clown after all.

Me @/publisher rn:

Update 10/28/2019
TODAY IS THE COVER REVEAL DAY AND THIS COVER SHOOK ME TO THE CORE

also, @/publisher pls accept my request tQ
Bland Boring Jessica (Lunaliterary)
I won’t lie... until the last chapter of Spin The Dawn I thought it was a stand-alone book but OH MY LORD. THAT ENDING. I NEED THIS BOOK LIKE YESTERDAY.
Sydni
A long time ago, a foolish girl was asked to weave the sun, embroider the moon, and paint the stars, three impossible tasks she did not believe she could accomplish. But that foolish girl was lucky, even more so because those three impossible tasks freed the boy she loved.

I’m currently crying in bed. This past week i’ve just been very sad and so I’ve gotten extremely invested into every book i’ve read and this was no different

I LOVED the first book. The characters, the story, the writing!!
Emily Schwartz
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was one of my most anticipated sequels of 2020 and I was lucky to have received an advance copy. Thank you Netgalley for the ARC!

Wow.. I enjoyed this so much! The writing was wonderful and the way Maia's story played out was basically how I hoped it would. This sequel tied everything up nicely and doesn't leave you wondering about other things at the end. I highly recommend picking up Spin the Dawn and of course this one!
Anne
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-review
Thanks so much to NetGalley and Random House Children's Publishing for letting me read and review this fabulous book!
I had Elizabeth Lim on my radar and one of her books on my TBR for a while when earlier this year, I was able to read and review Spin the Dawn, which is the first book in this duology and I LOVED that book so when I saw this pop up on NetGalley, I knew I had to read it and was so happy when I was allowed to read and review it.
This sequel to Spin the Dawn is amazing, wonderful,
Nicole
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maia's journey continues in this sequel to "Spin the Dawn". Maia's deal with the demon has consequences even she cannot foresee. Maia believes in sacrificing herself for others, even if it causes her death. However, each day the demon within becomes stronger, urging her to use the magic, which causes Maia to lose some of herself. The man she loves, Edan, is safe from the emperor, but who will do anything to protect Maia. The dresses Maia created cannot be worn by a mortal and she has to take the ...more
Eilidh
Oct 28, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the most majestical and beautiful cover arts any fantasy series has ever had, in my humble opinion. Absolutely stunning.
Is the book any good? Doesn’t matter, you can bet your boots I’ll be buying this for the cover alone. But I’ve gotta pick up this series ASAP.

*in Miranda Priestly’s voice* That’s all.
Tina
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was a perfect sequel to Spin the Dawn. I highly recommend reading it and obviously the first one as well. I can't wait to see what Elizabeth Lim comes out with in the future.

*I received an advanced copy from NetGalley. All opinions are my own.
Zoe
Nov 21, 2019 marked it as release-2020  ·  review of another edition
1). Spin the Dawn .5 ...more
Egg Tart Fiend
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Glorious cover! So fierce!

• The Last House Guest
  • Exit Wounds (Joanna Brady, #11)
  • The First Wives Club
  • Eyes Wide Open
  • Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology - Summary
  • The Prince and the Dressmaker
  • Pumpkinheads
  • Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
  • Confessions About Colton
  • Find Me Their Bones (Bring Me Their Hearts, #2)
  • How to Solve a Problem: The Rise (and Falls) of a Rock-Climbing Champion
  • The Life of a Wannabe Mogul: Mental Disarray
  • Ghosts of the Shadow Market
  • Helter Skelter: The True Story of the Manson Murders
  • Letters from the Inside
  • First Love
  • Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II
  • Dashing Through the Snow
Elizabeth Lim grew up on a hearty staple of fairy tales, myths, and songs. Her passion for storytelling began around age 10, when she started writing fanfics for Sailor Moon, Sweet Valley, and Star Wars, and posted them online to discover, "Wow, people actually read my stuff. And that's kinda cool!" But after one of her teachers told her she had "too much voice" in her essays, Elizabeth took a ...more

The Blood of Stars (2 books)
  • Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)