Start by marking “A Friendly Wager” as Want to Read:
A Friendly Wager

A Friendly Wager

When I told my friend Will that I was done with dating, he looked at me like I’d decided to give up oxygen.

I’m not the first college princess to swear off kissing frogs, and just because we have a biology lab together doesn’t mean that he’s an expert on the birds and the bees, except… he’s given me a challenge—a friendly wager, so to speak.

A thousand bucks is on the line
Published November 7th 2019

To ask other readers questions about A Friendly Wager, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Friendly Wager

Start your review of A Friendly Wager
Merryn
Nov 13, 2019 rated it liked it
*SPOILERS*
I really wanted to give this book 4 stars but after the Will and Cassie were off again for the third time in the book, I had to knock of a star. I really liked both of them, Will was so hot and had such a dirty mouth he was making me blush. His imagination in the bedroom was insane and he was such a nice guy too. Cassie was so naive and innocent to begin with but not for long after Will got hold of her! However, the are together or aren't they together got a bit boring and annoyi
Isha Coleman
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The plotline was a tad obvious, but no less cute. Kaye tests the boundaries of friendship and love with a passion as addictive as her characters. Will and Cassie are contagiously charming, frustratingly predictable and so hard not to love. A Friendly Wager is an enchanting friends to lovers tale.
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
I enjoyed this book, great friends to lovers trope. The chemistry between them was electric.
S
Nov 15, 2019 rated it liked it
The story looked like light reading with a bit of heat so decided to give it a whirl. When I read how the author had redone the story a few times and how this couple resonated with her I was even more intrigued.

The sweetness of both Cassie and Will drew me in. Cassie’s vulnerability came through and Will’s chivalrous side mixed with secret lust had me devouring the pages in the beginning.

I will state one of my petty peeves is when an author has the female lead refer to herself in de
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
Five Sizzling Stars! A Friendly Wager was a Great feel-good read! It was extremely Sexy, with little to no angst. Just Red hot passion and lots of frustration! Will and Cassie are easy to love, their friendship is something uniquely special and their connection is so explosive! Cassie shares his problem with Will and neither of them is prepared for where it takes them. Kaye lights a fire like nothing I've experienced before! from the first few chapters, it burns hotter than the sun and it only g ...more
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Will and Cassie are friends, and have never crossed the line towards anything romantic or steamy, but that is all about to change. Cassie has just informed Will that she has given up on dating, after having a very unfulfilling relationship. He can't stand to see her give up so easily and has the perfect plan to change her mind. He issues her a bet of sorts... one that involves a lot of wooing, sexy smirks, smoldering passion, and heated glances.

A Friendly Wager is a sexy little page-
Amy  Crull
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was such a cute book with fun characters who despite the friendship they have make a relationship work. Will and Cassie are friends but things change when Cassie says"I think I hate sex."Will makes it his mission to prove her wrong. He wants to make her feel good and wants to make sure she knows what she likes and doesn't like. He shows her that she does have a voice and if she wants him to do something, she needs to either take charge or tell him about it to make it happen. Yes they have t ...more
Jessie Sedai of the Black Ajah
Two friends test the boundaries of their relationship when a flirty wager turns into steamy sexual exploration.

When college-student Cassie thinks her failure to experience pleasure in bed stems from her own personal shortcomings, close friend and clever opportunist, Will, wages that he can debunk her theories with a little one-on-one action. But can their friendship survive along the way of their lust-filled exploits? Silly and light-hearted and oh so steamy, this book will surely sa
Hope
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
That was HOT! One hell of a steamy read. From strangers to lab partners to friends and then to......lovers. It was extremely SEXY, with little to no angst. I love “friends to lovers”, romances are one of my favorite. The connection between Will and Cassie was strong from the begging. They clicked. Will and Cassie are friends but things change when Cassie says"I think I hate sex.”, she added that she is probably too frigid to like it. And what a good friend like Will do about it? They had chemist ...more
Jessica Roessler
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
A friendly Wager by Nikky Kaye is about two best friends faking for one another.
I loved these characters banter, & the steam was off the charts!

Case &Will meet when they were assigned to each other to be lab partners.
&from then on out, they quickly became the best of friends.
But one day, while out, Caaba says to Will, “I think I hate sex”. & she remarks that she is probably too frigid to like it. Will doesn’t enjoy that she is talking about herself like that, s
Jenifer
It's nice to have a friend so generous and kind as Will who will selflessly help you out with a delicate a problem...a sex problem. Cassie's pretty lucky that he's so willing and able to assist her and is so very good at it as well. Just ask him, he'll tell you just how good he is! He's ready to put his money where his mouth is - in many different ways - to prove it.

This book is so hilarious! I love Nikky Kaye's "voice." Her sense of humor is great and it makes her characters great t
Cathy
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet story (w/plenty of heat)

The story of friends Will & Cassie is a sweet story (but yes, as the author says, it has plenty of heat) where they find themselves in love without even really realizing it! One evening at dinner, Cass blurts out that she thinks she’s frigid because she doesn’t like sex. She hasn’t “finished”, she said. Will then countered with a deal that he’ll pay Cass $1000 if he can give her an “o”. Otherwise, she can pay him $100 and get to say for as long as she wants,
Magali
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Torrid self-seeking
4,5
It is a romance very well written, torrid all along, while remaining romantic on both the passage of a friendship to lovers story, but especially on the self-discovery for the heroine.
Will is very attracted to her friend Cassie, but when she tells him that she thinks she is frigid, he offers to show her the opposite. The problem is that if Will knows he wants more with Cassie, the latter oscillates between a friendship with benefits and a real story.
Kari Hansen
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cassie has not had the best of experiences with men so has decided to put that part of her life on hold however when she confides this information to her best friend Will it becomes a game changer. He is determined to show her that she has been dating the wrong man and that he can give her exactly what she needs. Let the games begin!

Heat and humor combine as two people test the boundaries of their friendship.
Kandace Denys
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Will & Cass are an excellent pair.
They start as lab partners, and gradually become friends before a wager sets a romance in motion.
Will can’t resist being the winner, and Cass wants the help.
Between sexcapades and miscommunications, they find balancing a friendship and sex is an unleveled teeter totter.
Their chemistry was definitely there.
This was a good read, although it did take me a bit to get fully immersed.
Mom Seeks Smut
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A friends to lovers romance in which two friends make a wager. This is one of my favorite tropes and was really looking forward to this story. I found it a bit lacking in that the reader didn’t get a fair chance to connect with the characters before it was just a lot of sex. Cute story, just lacking a full connection

Story ⭐⭐⭐💫
Mel T
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm not generally into young adult novels (being well out of that stage) but every so often one comes along that really grabs me. I had downloaded this book free on promotion, based on the description and really enjoyed it! The "friends to lovers" trope appeals to me, and I liked Nikky Kaye's writing style. The story, while quite erotic, was also at times humorous and also emotional.
Wendy Livingstone
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is Will and Cassie’s story. When they make a wager between them, will they be able to deny the chemistry between them and move on from friends / lovers? This is a well written story which is sweet, fun, entertaining, and is an engaging fast paced read, which had me hooked and intrigued throughout. I recommend this talented authors’ work for all.
Pat
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I absolutely adored Will and Cassie from the very beginning! The chemistry between these two characters was off the charts HOT and I really enjoyed the well written storyline which kept me turning the pages until the very end!
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Omg what an explosive read. Will and Cassie have a solid friendship, but they soon discover they have something deeper, and what's a little wager between friends. The banter between these two infuriates me, but at the same time I love it and want more. This is absolute a must read.
The Book Fairy Reviews
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a steamy read! Cassie and Will, have a simple but complicated relationship that is more than just friends. Cassie's small revelation, makes Will's head spin causing their relationship to sky rocket to a whole new level.
A fun read that will have you laughing an squirming!
Linda
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Friends to lovers. Not my typical genre, and my first time with this author. What Ms. Kaye delivered was a sexy, fun, fast-paced night time read! What results from their friendly wager will require a fan, and your drink of choice as you snuggle to enjoy this cute story!
Christina Szczepan-santos
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book was cute but I didn't really connect to the characters. The book was mainly sex, I really wanted a friends to lovers but it went very fast. All in all cute story just wanted a little more of Will and Cass. 3.5 stars
Messy Bun Book Blog
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adore this book! Nikky Kaye is an amazing author! Will and Cassie's story is filled with so much chemistry! Tons of heat and heart and very little angst! This is the perfect book to curl up with!
QueenOfBooks88
Nov 03, 2019 rated it liked it
First by this author and it was good. Great characters and the chemistry between them was electric 😊
Samantha Molina
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a sexy, good hearted, full good book. Throughout 80% of this book I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face. Cass & Wills chemistry bleeds off the pages.
Lekna
rated it it was ok
Susan Herlocker
Yasmina
Sam
Nov 11, 2019

• In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Do You Dare? (Truth And Dare Duet, #1)
  • The Best Mistakes (The Amherst Sinners #3)
  • The Best Moments (The Amherst Sinners #2)
  • Underneath the Sycamore Tree
  • Dirty Letters
  • The Best Years (The Amherst Sinners #1)
  • The Kingmaker (All the King's Men Duet, #1)
  • Cold Queen
  • Bully Me This: Bully Me #1
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • London Royal (London Royal, #1)
  • Breaker
  • Damage
  • Break You (Boys of Trinity Hall, #1)
  • Venom
  • Love You Now (Love Hurts, #2)
  • More than Friends