Start by marking “The Vow (North Woods University #4)” as Want to Read:
The Vow (North Woods University #4)

The Vow

(North Woods University #4)

After tragedy struck, I vowed never to fall in love again.
For the last ten years, I kept that promise, never staying with a woman longer than it took to screw them.

Then she walked in…
Ten years ago she was nothing but a little girl, but now she’s all grown up, with curves, and a smile that reminds me of everything I'm trying to forget. My attraction to her is wrong, on
Published October 1st 2019 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about The Vow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vow

Start your review of The Vow (North Woods University #4)
Dilek VT
Jul 08, 2020 marked it as never-no-way
I love forbidden romance but there is no romance in that for me!

The heroine looks like her dead sister, who the hero was in love with once. Her sister died in a car crash along with her parents.

After 10 years, seeing her little sister all grown up and resembling her is what makes the hero dearest feel like he can fall in love again!

Nope. Hard pass for me!

Age difference:

He is 10 years older. She is the student at the school where he is the dean. She is a virgin, of course.

"Ten years ago she
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
20190928_212646.png

No matter how many times it's been done, forbidden romance never gets old. The good ol saying of wanting something you can’t have is a permanent fixture in the storyline and you know that regardless of the outcome, you’re going to be taken on a hot passionate tempting journey that give you one question: Is it worth it?

source-4.gif

It’s been ten years since Sebastian suffered a tragic loss and from that moment, he made a vow to himself. Never fall in love again. Pretty simple right? Being a newly appointed D
J.L.
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
He's the newly appointed dean.
I'm the forbidden fruit dangling right before his eyes.
It was a mistake for me to hold onto my v-card as long as I did for him.
But like always Sebastian Miller was hard to forget, and even harder to not love.
You ready for this forbidden tell?

Preorder today, and pay on release day!
AMAZON US: https://amzn.to/2K0y1hW
AMAZON UK: https://amzn.to/311iy6Q
AMAZON CA: https://amzn.to/2Zhsjxd
AMAZON AU: https://amzn.to/2K1fulL
The Book Lover
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had me on the edge of my seat! this series just blows me away!
Belinda  Anne
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 stars!
RCK *don’t be all, like, uncool*
k m
Jul 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
3.75
I really liked the characters and the store luckily I did not feel that the sister was the kind of condolence award that was important!
Unfortunately there was an unresolved issue and it really disappointed me because it is a very important issue that deserves to be handle
Arabella(not actually)
Soscha
Sep 22, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've really been enjoying the "North Woods" series, but I'm sorry to say this particularly volume didn't work for me, for reasons I'll put below under a spoiler alert.

SPOILERS:

1. Verisimilitude issues. Sebastian is way to young to been a dean of a college. I'm academic-adjacent, and this was just too much to get over. Deans, particularly on the administrative level are the 'gray eminences' of the college. Sebastian would be around 28-29 years old, and likely only be 3-4 years out of college with
Whoo Gives A Hoot
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *

description

The Vow is a sexy and forbidden student/teacher(aka Dean) romance that spoke to the taboo lover deep in my soul. This dynamite duo took me on a rollercoaster ride full of feels that had my heart completely swooning in overdrive. The authors beautifully captivating storytelling ability wholeheartedly captivated every part of me and I absolutely adored every moment of Sebastian and Lily's story. If you have read the other books in the North Woods U
Flo₂₂
Jan 27, 2020 marked it as dnf-nope
 Mary ❤️ DBO
The Vow by J. L. Beck and C. Hallman

⭐⭐⭐⭐

4 STARS

The Vow is the fourth book in the North Wood University series by the authors J.L. Beck and C. Hallman.
It's written in dual POV and can be read as a standalone, but I highly recommend that you read the first three books first.
The Bet, The Dare, The Secret and after that to start with The Vow. The books are very well written, and their stories are very beautiful. Each one of them having a different couple.
The Vow tells the story of Sebastian and Lil
Texas_BookWorm(Priscilla)
DNF @ 64% I was all on board for this train a forbiddeness, it started off strong my heart hurt for both the hero and the heroine of the story and the loss that they had suffered more into the book it just became to much of a push and pull but i kept pushing through kept skimming through pages and over all I just got bored side note it might just be me but I seem to struggle with books that are written by two authors Kennedy Fox is a good example a struggle with those books so I had to dnf this ...more
Lady Raven RAVE!

3.5⭐️⭐️⭐️

Style: Forbidden/Taboo/Age Gap Romance (College)
Story: 3/5
Pages: 218
Audio: GuyV:GOOD & GirlV: GOOD
Kindle Unlimited: Yes

STORY:
I love these authors, but this series, I am not feeling as connected to it as I want to. That butterfly feeling isn’t there. Because I am not in love with it, doesn’t mean I don’t like it as I want to read the other books.

Sebastian was everyt
bee
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
Sydney
“My goddess, my world. She is the sun, the sky, the moon, and I’m caught in her orbit, forever stuck. She is my reason for breathing. My existence.”

The Vow, book four in the North Woods University series, is a forbidden, sexy, and sweet college romance. To be honest, the 'falling for my dead past love's little sister' trope is one that kinda scares me. However, it's been done well before and I've been enjoying this series so I was willing to brave it.

The book immediately got off to a strong s
SP
Aug 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
🎨 sisters ex
🎨 student teacher
🎨 intense love
🎨 Forbidden

I have read this story such a long time ago, but I still think of it often. This is the story of Sebastian and Lily.
Sebastian who is now The Dean of student at the college Lily attends, as well as Lily’s dead sisters boyfriend. (Are you with me?) The plot is one I haven’t really seen before, and I loved that the authors took the typical tropes and spinner them a bit.

Lily and Sebastian’s love is intense from the first page. Sebastian is f
Fantasy Land Romance Reader
27034655-SX540-png

What J.L and Cassandra wrote in The Vow is why we read romance. Yes, there is an age gap in this book but it just makes the story that much better. Sebastian and Lily's story is one of the best stories of the year.

Sebastian has been in the other books and has always been the brother/father figure in those stories. Such a great guy that you just want to be around. But we never knew the pain, loss, and love that he was hiding in his past. Not until Lily shows up at North Woods.

Lily is in college
Pamella
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Reading this book felt like I was watching a tv show that needed to be wrapped up within 30 minutes. One second, the Heroine and Hero are meeting again the next they’re in love? There was no plot. No angst. No story. No building love - it was b o r I n g. This had so much potential. The storyline could’ve been something truly amazing but it never happened. Disappointing. In giving it a 2 instead of a 1 because I did enjoy reading it when I pretended it was a 180 words novella; that’s why it didn ...more
Karin
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was hands down my favorite of the series!!! Sebastian and Lily are dealing with a tremendous amount of grief that neither can really overcome but cause of that they share a common bond. This is definitely one I would recommend totally!!

I voluntarily reviewed a advanced readers copy of this book
Sharon Mariampillai
This was an amazing read. The story involves the new Dean of North Woods University, Sebastian Miller and one of the students, Lily Kline. Lily Kline is Sebastian’s dead girlfriend’s sister and to me, she was a fantastic character. I felt the pain that she went through and I thought she was smart, and beautiful. Sebastian is a loving guy who vowed to himself that he would never fall in love again after the death of his girlfriend, Amy Kline. It was Lily that brought who made Sebastian feel alive ...more
Chris
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Sebastian from the moment he made his appearance at "The Bet and that's the main reason I went ahead and read this book. I'm not a fan of student-dean/ professor tropes, but Sebastian and Lily's story was pleasant and easy to read. It was softer than the previous book with less drama and minor twists and turns.

P.S. I'm so happy that the book was way better than the cover!
Chickoutthesebooks
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mandy-s-reviews
Once again, another sweet romance. We get Sebastian’s love story. Of course, he said he’d never love again. Until his dead girlfriend’s baby sister shows up. But Lily is all grown up now. And she’s just as hung up on Seb as he is her now. This gave me all the feels as Seb’s always been a favorite in this series. You’ll love the build up and the final piece of the puzzle being placed for these two lovebirds.
Kendoll
Apr 15, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
There is a lot to unpack with this one. I got about half way and then and skim read most of the rest.

I’ve read reviews regarding the first book in this series being real problematic, but the age-gap and student teacher tropes had me intrigued for this one. I didn’t have high expectations but this was honestly just real fucking bad.

Safe to say these authors aren’t for me.

Spoilers Ahead

THE BASICS: Our hero (Seb) was with our heroine’s (Lily) sister until 10 years ago when said sister died
Jessica Roessler
With each new book in this series, I find myself loving J.L. Beck &C.Hallman's writing more and more. The Vow was a great read. I finished reading it within one day, because I had such a hard time putting it down. It demonstrated the reality behind grief, survivor's guilt, and just how hard it can be for someone to feel okay with finding love, after their significant other passes away.
It also showed that it is OK to move forward in life. That just because you love someone new does not mean that
Avidez Literaria
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Lily was a reminder of everything I had lost, and everything I would never have.”

Sebastian has reason to celebrate. Although young, he got his dream job and is now the new dean of North Woods University. Finally it seems that his life is getting in the way. Until the arrival of a new student will bring dormant feelings to the surface. After all, she is the faithful copy of his ex. His late ex.
Lily remembers Sebastian, but many years have passed since the last meeting. Now a young woman, she hop
Catreena
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
THE VOW: Student/Teacher Romance (North Woods University #4)
J.L.Beck & C.Hallman

Releases 9th October

#arc #arcreader #amreading #currentlyreading #taboo #studentteacher #northwoodsuniversityseries #agegap #standalone

Sebastian & Lily

POV:Dual

We met Sebastian in The Bet. He's Remmy's brother. And the newly appointed Dean of North Woods University.
He's closed himself off from love. After losing the love of his life, Amy, 10 years ago.
Until Lily comes back to North Woods to attend the University.
Gladys
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a big fan of the forbidden romance trope I was very excited to read this book. As much as I enjoyed reading it, I am left with some complicated feelings about it. To start I really liked Sebastian and Lily and all the forbidden elements of their romnce. I thought that their chemistry sizzled and I found their intamate scenes scorching. The storyline was well written and offered lots of intense emotions, drama, tension, poignancy and an air of angst to it. That being said, there were two thing ...more
Nikitasbookreviews
If you guys haven’t started the NorthWoods University series by JL Beck and Cassy Hallman yet then what are you waiting for? Each book in the series are standalones but are somewhat connected through the characters. All the books in the series completely sucks you in and this one was no different!

From the moment i started Sebastian’s story sucked me in cause let’s be honest i was dyingggggggg for his book since i read about his brother Remington in the Bet.

Sebastian is the newly appointed deen
Viv “BookVixen” Gutierrez
Great story!!

Love this story. It wasn’t the usual trope of professor/student (nothing against tropes, they’re popular for a reason!) Lily ends up at the school where Sebastian is the dean, but they have a history. He used to date her sister, who died in a car accident with her parents. Lily survived. Both are broken and hurting from the loss.

They’re both drawn to the other, not just out of shared grief and understanding, a need to heal one another but out of a desire to feel alive again. It’s on

• In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • An Innocent Halloween (Holiday Heat #1)
  • Claiming His Fashionista
  • Possessive Highlander (Lairds & Ladies, #1)
  • A Man Who Knows What He Wants: Books 1-10
  • Forbidden
  • Possessing His Dancing Queen
  • Falling for Her Boss
  • Rock On (The Rockstars of Hollywood Hill #1)
  • Baby's Daddy
  • Dad's Irish Mafia Friend
  • Dad's Ex-Biker Buddy
  • Daddy's Little Captive (Dark Daddy #1)
  • Don't Follow Me (Diamond in the Rough #4)
  • Brooklyn Bratva (Russian Underworld, #1)
  • Kisses and Wishes: One Holiday Wish / Collared for Christmas / Stolen Mistletoe Kisses
  • Claimed by Her Boss
See top shelves…
Heyya! Author JL Beck! Do you love my books? Please check out the links below to keep up to date with all things J.L. Beck. If you have any questions please feel free to send an email.

Email: jobeck0813@gmail.com
Newsletter: https://dl.bookfunnel.com/k4ordpbhzu
Join Smut Queens: http://bit.ly/2sWljZG
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/AuthorJLBeck/
Twitter: :https://twitter.com/AuthorJLBeck
Pinterest:

North Woods University (6 books)
  • The Bet (North Woods University, #1)
  • The Dare (North Woods University, #2)
  • The Secret (North Woods University #3)
  • The Promise (North Woods Universtiy #5)
  • The Jock (North Woods University #6)

News & Interviews

It's almost November, which can mean only one thing in the writing community: It's time to get ready for National Novel Writing...