Start by marking “Mele Kalikimaka (Tradewinds, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Mele Kalikimaka (Tradewinds, #2.5)

Mele Kalikimaka (Tradewinds, #2.5)

Mele Kalikimaka might be the thing to say on a bright Hawaiian Christmas Day, but Olive Galloway is feeling less than festive. After all, this is the first year she's celebrated the holiday without her mom. Even the ringing of silver bells sounds a little blue. When an attempt to make the season bright ends in hurt feelings and a shattered heirloom, Olive's hopes for a

Published November 1st 2019 by Mountain Brook Ink

To ask other readers questions about Mele Kalikimaka, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mele Kalikimaka

Start your review of Mele Kalikimaka (Tradewinds, #2.5)
Abigail
I loved this sweet little story so much!! When I heard Taylor was releasing a Christmas novella, I knew I needed to read it because Christmas stories are the BEST. I've absolutely love the Tradewinds series so far, and this was no exception.

The true meaning of Christmas in Jesus shines through, but it's also a story of friendship and family that brings all the warm fuzzies you want in a holiday book. Perfect to get into the Christmas spirit, and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Five stars
Micaiah Saldaña
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mele Kalikimaka is a Tradewinds series novella that begins around the time that Sand Castle Dreams ends. After the Thanksgiving festivities of Sand Castle Dreams, the Christmas season comes in full swing in Lahaina, Hawaii. Olive Galloway, the protagonist of the Tradewinds series, is feeling anything but merry this Christmas season. But when she tries to make the Christmas season merry and bright, things don’t exactly go as she planned. Will Olive learn the true meaning of Christmas this year?

Rose
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mele Kalikimaka is a heartwarming tale perfect for the holidays. This novella gives more insight into the struggles of the girls and relationships with family members. I really liked how Olive grew so much throughout this one-hundred-page story.
If you are a fan of Taylor's previous books or if you have never read them, give this story a chance this Christmas. You won't be disappointed.
Rating: 5 Stars
Content: 5 Stars
*I received a copy of this novella from the author. All thoughts are my own and a
Edward Arrington
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this novella about two sisters spending their first Christmas without their mother due to her untimely death. To make matters worse, they are living in Hawaii with their grandmother and didn’t even hear from their father on Thanksgiving, which is where the story picks up. We met the characters in the previous two books by Taylor Bennett. She has a talent for weaving life lessons into her stories. Her intended audience may be a lot younger but this older grandfather found pleasure ...more
S.G. Willoughby
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Seriously, Taylor Bennet's books have not yet failed to make me cry. I related to Olive sooo much despite totally different circumstances, and I loved how real all of the characters were, especially the messy family parts. They grieved. They got angry with each other. They had compassion on each other. They wrestled with very real struggles. It was beautiful in a crying-on-my-Kindle kind of way. <3

I also loved how the characters also have continued to grow. Olive and her grandmother's
Eliza Noel
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
super cute little Christmas story! i loved 'spending the holidays' with olive, her family, and her friends.
Allison
Dec 16, 2019 rated it liked it
cute and sweet and christmassy. <3 <3
Jill Willis
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Different Christmas

Olive and her best friend, Jazz, are faced with navigating their first Christmas without their mothers. Then, their other buddy, Brander, is called away on a Christian music tour. This beautiful story, set in Hawaii, weaves their bitter emotions into a heart-warming tale of acceptance and hope. There’s even a sweet recipe at the end.
Merie Shen
Emily
Jan 17, 2020
Esther
Jan 18, 2020

• Collateral Damage (Danger Never Sleeps, #1)
  • Christmas at the Circus
  • The Wedding (Tales of Tarsurella #3)
  • Love Needs No Words
  • Heart of a Royal (Daughters of Peverell #1)
  • Sons of Slaughter
  • Smoke Screen
  • The Case of the Tabloid Tattler (The Kitten Files, #1)
  • The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)
  • The Christmas Spirits on Tradd Street  (Tradd Street, #6)
  • The Wedding Dress Christmas (The Wedding Collection)
  • Shield (Project Anamnesis #6)
  • Every Bright and Broken Thing
  • The Great Divorce
  • Shallows (Shallows, #1)
  • Starlighter (Dragons of Starlight, #1)
  • Maggie's Hope Chest