Start by marking “Adam Bomb” as Want to Read:
Adam Bomb

Adam Bomb

Levi's best friend, Adam, has always been larger than life: a smoking-hot billionaire hotelier with imposing charm. When Manhattan stops being big enough for both of them—at least if Levi ever wants to fall out of love with Adam—Levi accepts a job in in San Francisco.

But when Adam pulls an Adam—upending Levi's calm new life with a plea to lend his photography talent to a
Mass Market Paperback, 250 pages
Published January 21st 2020 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Adam Bomb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adam Bomb

Start your review of Adam Bomb
CrabbyPatty
Adam and Levi have been friends since childhood when Levi's immigrant parents worked for Adam's father, a very successful hotelier (think Hilton). Adam is not only a billionaire, but is incredibly attractive and people basically stop in awe as he walks into a room. Levi has been in love with Adam since forever, and after one brief interlude when they were about 20, they have been platonic friends, albeit friends that cuddle and caress.

When Adam and his sister becomes co-CEOs, he decides to come
Nalou
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtqi, romance
Somewhere between 3 and 4 stars

I've got so many mixed feelings about this book I don't quite know where to begin. I'm gonna try to be logical, somehow, but no promises.

As far as the overall plot goes, well the blurb gives you a pretty good idea about it, so the ending wasn't really unexpected. Same goes for some revelations throughout the book. But at the same time, I kept on reading really hoping for a happy ending and not being quite sure I would get one.

And that's probably due to the
Diane
I received an ARC of this book from the author. It was wonderful!

This is the first book I've read by Kilby and let me say...she has the romance down to a fine art! Of course it helps when the characters are hot, one is extremely rich and they both love each other deeply...and have for years.

When Levi leaves NYC and moves to Adam, they both realize that love doesn't make their platonic relationship any easier. Luckily a little cross country planning and the ability to travel at a moments notice
Amy
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Every once in a while a story comes along and really grips you or makes you go ahhh. This for me was one of them. Besides it being a great story there was so much more to it. I don't really do the whole social awareness and save the earth thing but this story made me think and I liked that. I loved Levi. He was so mature and grounded and sweet and dominate when he let go. His demeanor and his cultivation of his friend circle showed who he was. Adam for all his worldliness was broken in his need ...more
Disney
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I honestly really enjoyed this book! The relationship between Levi and Adam was complex from the beginning and went through some unexpected ups and downs. Levi is a wonderful character through and through, and Adam starts off with a lot flaws but the two work together to get to a HEA.
Also, I wasn’t prepared for so much hotel tycoon or semi-professional photographer information but it was certainly fun to read about all of it.
Morgan  Skye
Dec 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Full review to come after publishing. Not a fan.
Meg
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story. I really did. But, it took me about a week or so to read it. Why? Because I like to get pronunciations correct in my head, and every time Levi's name graced the pages, I stumbled. And, I'm still not sure how the "i" is supposed to be...long? short? But, I digress. It's my own personal hang-up, and aside from that, the storyline was entertaining and had strong, well developed characters.

This is the story of two friends who have grown up together, but from different castes in
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Levi has finally decided he cannot live near his best friend Adam any longer, so he takes himself off to San Francisco, on the opposite side of the country from Adam. This is a good move as it will allow Levi to get over his unrequited feelings for the billionaire hotelier, the man who seems to just take over Levi's life on a whim in a way Levi cannot handle any longer. He just hadn't expected Adam's job offer, or his unexpected declaration. Perhaps Adam is not as oblivious to Levi's feelings as
Linda
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved Levi, but all the luxe not so much
3.5-4stars
This BFF with banked desires MM romance was fine, the steam was good and I really liked Levi, the photographer son of illegal immigrants who made good. Levi's heartache and dilemma was so believable, his reluctance to give way to Adam again(and again...) understandable even as it was heartwrenching. This was a fellow I wanted to win his HEA. I just wished it was with someone else!

Adam, his super wealthy BFF since childhood gave me issues. First
Shelly
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was alovely, slow burn that was set in a beautifully diverse world--from the LGBTQ+ cultural epicenter of San Fransisco and the art scene there, all the way to Tehran. What I liked most about this story was the way Levi and Adam worked through their emotional issues. I don't often relate the characters of a billionairetrope, but in this one their issues of enmeshment, codependency, and unrequited love made their struggles seem much more 'human.' The journey they traveled felt more realistic ...more
Ivy
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, funny, lgbtq, mm, romance-mm
Adam Bomb by Kilby Blades was my first book by the author.
I really like her styles and her writing it was fresh and dynamic. Adam and Levi are funny, sweet and hoot.
Levi and Adam are best friend since they’re 8yrs old. Adam is the heir of a rich mogul hotelier while Levi is the son of two poor immigrant. But their social status doesn’t stop them to be best friend for life.
Adam lives in New York while Levi lives in San Francisco. They seem to have their own life, but when Adam came to visit Levi
T Paul
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a good book. Adam and Levi filled these pages with everything wonderful. The friendship angle was terrific but add in the romance and these two are a hit.mThe longtime friend relationship played so well that, once their history was revealed, everything added up. The sexual tension was nearly tangible. The sexual chemistry was off the charts, but I have to say, the relationship these two characters had was just breathtaking. It’s as if they existed off the pages. This author has created a ...more
Susan
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of Adam Bomb by Kilby Blades via IndiGo Marketing & Design in exchange for an honest review. When the world is literally on fire it is relaxing to escape into a book full of tropes. In this one we have poor boy makes good, a billionaire with a heart of gold, friends to lovers, interfering friends, and an adorable dog. It was a nice change of pace to read a story where most of the characters were not all cis white. The ethnicities of Adam and Levi play a major role affecting ...more
Shannon
Shelves: arc, contemp, mm
I enjoyed this book. The premise was interesting and the characters intriguing.

It had a feel of nostalgia for me. I remember reading similar Harlequin stories way back when. This one has been updated in a very good way.

Levi is a renowned photographer trying to carve a niche for himself that doesn’t involve his best friend. But Adam refuses to be left behind and tries to be everything for Levi, an out and proud billionaire.

The writing was superb. I thoroughly enjoyed the characters.
There were
Elle
Jan 16, 2020 rated it liked it
A very slow burn romance which, I felt, was too wordy in parts. I found my mind wandering occasionally and had to put the book down now and again, before I picked it up again.

Levi was a likeable guy, while it took me much longer to warm up to Adam. Saying that, both the main characters were well written, the plot was sweeping, just, like I said before, it felt a little too long and rambling.

One thing I did like about the story, was the ending. Adam killed it in the romantic gesture department.
Trisha
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was able to obtain a copy thru Hidden Gems to preview.

I very much enjoyed this story, I was caught up almost immediately and could not put it down.
It was interesting reading the dynamic between the two mains.
They have this life long friendship, yet seem to not know as much about each other as they think.
There are many misconception on both parts, secrets on both sides.

There are a great many details in parts of this story and then many areas are just glossed over which would have helped explain
Lisa
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a good, slow burn, friends to lovers story. It was well written and flowed easily. The book was only in one POV, instead of both MCs', but it worked here. Not knowing what was going through the other's mond until later helps the reader understand the relationship better. Sometimes, with one character POV books, it's hard to connect with both MCs, but that wasn't the case here. This was my first time reading this author, and I'll definitely read more of her books.

I recieved an advanced
Audrey Pott
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a slow burn romance and at times too slow, which is why the 4 stars, but once they finally came together I thoroughly enjoyed the story. Beauty and pain, heartbreak and triumph it had it all. Adam and Levi have loved each other forever, their palpable chemistry with blazing hot intimate scenes it was easy to love them.

I voluntarily reviewed an arc of this book for my honest opinions of which I’m under no obligation to do so. I definitely recommend this book.
DENICE
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
LOVE NEVER LOST

I received this book for free and am giving my honest and voluntary review

Adam is a Pakistani Jew and Levi is an Argentinian. Both are gay and have a one-night stand that changes them for ten years. Learning how parents are different about their beliefs of how their children should turn out baffles me because of their religion and social status versus their love for their children.
Simera
Adam and Levi have been friends with each other for along time and in love with each other just as long. This is a slow burn romance with struggles and emotions til the end.
I voluntarily read a copy for an honest review.
Kelly Foster
Jan 09, 2020 rated it liked it
The story of Levi and Adam is a friends-to-lovers romance. The story/plot was true and beautiful with all the angst that comes along with friends who have been in love with each other for most of their lives. But is it definitely a slow burn (without a lot of relief).
Pat
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was totally captivated from the very beginning with the well written storyline, but it was the characters that totally captured my heart! Adam and Levi was likable, believable and very engaging which kept me turning the pages until the very end!
Lyndsay TC
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
This friend to lovers romance is told solely from Levi's point of view. Life long friend Adam upturns Levi's calm world when he asks him for a favor. This is a slow burn happily ever after for two deserving souls.
R Moore
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay-romance-2020
Slow-burn gay romance without your typical billionaire. Well-written. Believable characters. I liked the dog.
Debbi
is currently reading it
Jan 15, 2020
Elaine Gray
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this book. It's friends to lovers, second chances, romantic, some angst, some funny moments, and I truly enjoyed this book. This is my first time reading this author and enjoyed it from start to finish. Adam is in love with his best friend Levi but was forced not to commit to it by his father. Levi is in love with Adam but never let him knew but chose to leave the city he was in love with so both of them can be happy. The book is a great read with HEA and you will fall in love with all the ...more
Ishara Dasruth
Jan 19, 2020

• Echo of Silence (Psy-Changeling, #2.5)
  • The Willies
  • Shots on Goal (Stick Side #3)
  • Curvy Obsession (Insta Love Alpha Male #1)
  • Hunter (Tough London #1)
  • I'm Straight, Right?
  • His Obsession Her Curves (Insta Love Alpha Male #2)
  • Pile Driver: A Blue Collar Romance
  • Keane: Time of my Life
  • Adrian (Love Under the Lights, #3)
  • Say Yes
  • Curves On Fire: A Firefighter Curvy Woman Romance (Insta Love Alpha Male Book 6)
  • Inking Up Love: Insta Love Shy Girl Romance #4
  • Play it Again
  • Convict's Curvy Girl (Dangerous Curves #2)
  • Captive (Beautiful Monsters #1)
  • Dark Arts and a Daiquiri (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #2)
  • Four Shifters and a Stranger (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #0.25)
Follow Kilby's awesome newsletter, including "TMI Thursdays", at http://www.kilbyblades.com/subscribe

Kilby Blades is a 40-time-award-winning author of Romance and Women's Fiction. Her debut novel, Snapdragon, was a HOLT Medallion finalist, a Publisher’s Weekly BookLife Prize Semi-Finalist, and an IPPY Award medalist. Kilby was honored with an RSJ Emma Award for Best Debut Author in 2018, and has