Start by marking “Planet Killer (Star Kingdom #6)” as Want to Read:
Planet Killer (Star Kingdom #6)

Planet Killer

(Star Kingdom #6)

Casmir has survived against impossible odds, and now he longs to return home. But an invasion force is blockading the Kingdom’s wormhole gate, and it would be suicidal to fly through it now. Worse, his family and friends are stuck on the other side, with hostile forces attacking their home world.

The only way Casmir can help is to find out who’s behind the invasion… and
Published November 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Planet Killer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Planet Killer

Start your review of Planet Killer (Star Kingdom #6)
Tamara
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
More than worth the Patreon subscription.
Thoroughly enjoying this series!
This book has the most POV’s yet.
I kept waiting to see Zee pop up as the chapter protagonist
Thomas Iles
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Degraded derivation

My two major complaints are this.

First how is it even possible for a (1) freelancer with a genetic monkey... oops lion, (2) a feral old knight, (3) a banished grumpy knight, (4) a studly young son, (5) a murderous prirate all of whom have separate ships, goals and plans end up exactly where our (6) wimpy hero n his martial butt kicking female friend go or shall I say need them to be. At the exact moment needed?

On top of that impossible drivel they all come together exactly in
Frances Law
Boo! Hoo! Hoo!!

No! No! No! We have to wait MONTHS for the next book! MONTHS!! Our favourite (genius) nerd, Casmir, still has so much to so! It’s amazing to me that his clone brother just doesn’t quite have the same genius. Maybe because Casmir is actually much closer physically and in upbringing to their progenitor?
Regardless of all that, LB’s world building and character building is second to none. She is brilliant! Nobody could read this series and not fall in love with ALL the main
Carlynne Toomey
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great fun! Lindsay Buroker does it again

Planet Killer was not what I expected, it was much much better. In the earlier novels Buroker has done an excellent job of developing her space opera universe. Many authors try, they often fail. But she's taken a zit zag path and really succeeded.
What's happening now is an even more rare treat. Her character development and storyline are getting better. The slapstick, early campiness of the first novels is getting a richer, nuanced depth that makes us
Hildegard
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
On a par with the rest

Planetkiller is another great chapter in this ongoing series.
We get a few chapters from Princess Oku's pov, which not only let us see what is happening back on Odin, but also let us see Casmir through her eyes.
Casmir continues in his creative interpretation of the orders given him by the Royals, barely managing to avoid one disaster after another, in an effort appease his conscience.
As always, I enjoy seeing main characters that do their best, inspire of physical, or
Fox
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-stars, 2019, sci-fi
Jonathan
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Foreshadowing!

I am not entirely sure where the plot is going because some authors enjoy giving us a big red herring and doing a switch up. :)

But it looks like the Kingdom is heading for changes. After all, they made two clones of their most famous strategist and space admiral. And both of them are unhappy with the Kingdom leadership.

So is Casimir going to marry the princess and take over after the unfortunate death of the king and prince? Maybe!

I enjoyed this story although I thought it didn't
Rick Cowand
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Planet Killer is another winner in Lindsay's best series yet!

I'm a fan of Lindsay Buroker's and have read all of her work. She is a great storyteller and has this absolutely engaging style of fast paced adventure, vulnerable yet unflappable leading characters, witty dialog and storylines that don't bog you down in scientific details. Grab this series (or any others) and settle down for a fun ride!
Planet Killer is book 6.5 in this series (read Knight Protector after book 5) and it continues the
Stevan Fagg
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Write Faster!

I love pretty much everything that Lindsay buroker has done. Her characters come to life and drag you into their lives and their world. These are people that I would consider friends and fun to hang out with. Or be kidnapped with! The plot moves along at a breathtaking pace and the only bad part is when it comes to an end. The dry humor and the twisted plots are like the best British comedy. Discrete plotlines coming together in ways you didn't see happening. My only problem is
Patrick
Dec 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Fun has run its course

I've got admit that there is some fun reading here but I think that I'm not going to bother with more books in the series.

The lucky outcomes and the denial about the results of being good good subjects has reached saturation point. The kingdom is headed by sociopaths and the good guys are behaving like characters from a YA novel. I admit that in the real world, there are too many people who would do the same but it became aggravating.

Still it was fun while it lasted.
Betsy
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE it!!

I am a huge fan of Lindsay Buroker! I have read almost every one of her books and I cannot get enough! I love the the way she writes. She doesn't go into deep character past or exactly what they look like;she just starts with the day their adventures begin.
This review is not doing her work justice. While I am waiting for book 7 to come out I will reread this series because there is SO much going on. If you are looking for an amazing adventure to get into I highly recommend this
John Allen
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great chapter in the series - this was book six. Like the five books before that author is a good story teller and the characters grow on you to the degree you want to see the good guys win and the bad guys get what due! The plot thickens even more so in (book six) and brings you to the edge of your seat - but alas there is a book seven in early 2020. Start at book one and enjoy the ride. I want the story to conclude, but have enjoyed all the other books - Just can't wait for the next ...more
Steve
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another solid book in this series, but I think this one is running out of steam. I'm not sure if that's a weakness of the story or (more likely) my limited series attention span. Six seems to be where I start to lose focus and want things to wrap up, and I think that's where I am with this series.

The story still has legs, and there are some plot points I want resolved, but I give this two more books max before I'll figure it should be done. Still, if you liked the series to this point this book
The Mysterious Reader
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Casmir, Zee, Kim, Oku .... I’ve been trying to figure out what makes this series so good and, with this book, think I’ve figured it out: it’s how superbly the characters are developed and how perfectly they interact. Sure, there’s also a fantastic exciting tale that’s perfectly written, and I suppose that helps too, but this book makes me wish I could be a mutant octopus with hands so that I could, you know, put eight thumbs up. Highly recommended? Yes indeed.
Marti
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fun, action packed adventure! Yes, the heroes and heroines fall into villainous hands and, yes, all of our favorite protagonists show up at the same time to fight the bad guys. Get over it, folks. This is space opera! It is fabulously entertaining and another wonderful addition to the series.
Charles Kibby
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fast paced exciting addition to the series

Another fantastic piece of the adventure is here. You want action, adventure , intriguing characters and more? This series has it all for sure. Space battles, knights, crazy scientists. Villains, jerks, and more. The cast of characters keeps growing and developing in a way that takes this series to new heights.
Pepper
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Casmir and friends still saving the Universe!

Every system needs a almost super hero and his buddies like Casmir. He is able to make friends with truly good people and to make enemies with the definitive villains.
Who needs an army when you have so many people helping? Casmir has that covered too, making baby Zees galore!
Lawrence Smith
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Suspense to the end!

As always, Lindsay Buroker keeps you "on the edge of your seat" anticipating what happens next on the next page , chapter and leaving you eagerly awaiting her next book in this series. I love her development of her characters and their interaction with one another. Another great book, Lindsay!
elspeth morten
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read all of Lindsay’s books and have enjoyed everyone. Casmir and friends continue to fight for what is right and the ensuing romp is full of ups and downs. Although I’ve enjoyed this series I do feel it is time for resolution and the tale to end. I look forward to the next instalment of this series and hope Lindsay is busy writing a new adventure for us - thank you in anticipation.
Chelsea
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Now for the wait

I just binged 6 books and the novella for this series in the past week and a half while working a busy job. Now, I find that I have to wait till early next year to find out what shenanigans Casmir will find to get up to next! *sigh*. I guess I need to find an unread Buroker series to tide me over...
Marie Booth
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exciting and dramatic a very good read

I thoroughly enjoy Lindbsay's books and this one was no exception. My only complaint if you can call it that, is having to wait for the next book. So looking forward to reading more about Casmir and Kim not forgetting the rest of the characters. What happens to them all is an adventure I await with making up my own thoughts on how it will continue. Thanks.
Belinda Stier
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

As always Lindsay Buroker delivers and amazing story with fun characters and witty dialogue. I didn't want the book the end and I will be crushed when we have to say goodbye to these characters.

I am thankful that this author is dedicated to her writing so I will not have to wait long for the next book.
Mary Pritchett
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lindsay is my favorite sci-fi author .

I chose this five-star rating because this series is full of humor and adventure action love frustration hate everything found in all humans. Her nonhuman characters are just as good. Her stories are full of suspense and surprises . I can hardly wait for the next book to come out .
Jennifer Roth
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lots of bang for the buck!

Tons of action is packed into this novel! I can hardly wait for the next one to come out, because there are so many story lines to be wrapped up and do many dastardly villains still in play. As usual, the author throws in humor, character development, and even a cute dog, so there's never a dull moment.
Janet Gallaspy
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Big bang theory meets space adventure

I've read all the books in this series to date and have enjoyed them all tremendously. I rarely laugh out loud when reading but I do with these. The banter is both witty and INTELLIGENT - quite rare from my experience. Casmir is not your typical hero. Am awaiting the next volume with anticipation.
Emma
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fast-paced action adventure with the characters we have grown to care about. A few moral dilemmas; what do you do when your leader that you have sworn allegiance to turns out to be bad? More of Rache being at times morally repugnant but at others showing a more complex, potentially redeemable side. I enjoyed reading this and look forward to the next in the series.
Juliana Montgomery
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All our favourite quirky characters together in a tussle

These books really need to be read in order to get the most out of them. This one has everyone ending up in the same area......there is a major tussle. It is a great series and the characters are well developed . The plot zips along, so hang on for the ride, it is worth it.
Mrs Teresa O Rolls
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

Another stunning book in this series. They grip you from page one to the very end. I love all the characters, even the 'baddies ', and can't wait to find out how they all achieve everything they are striving for. Roll on next year...
Timothy L Espinoza
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You're killing me!

Yes! I want the story to go on but I also want to see Jorg and pops get theirs. I want the guys and gals to sail off together, happily ever after. Let's move this along, shall we?
Sam Campbell
Enjoyable As Always

As always, Lindsay’s likeable and well drawn characters draw you in. The storyline is well paced, and carries you along unwilling to put it down. And, as always, I reach the end eagerly looking for the next instalment.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Raven's Peace (Peacekeepers of Sol Book 1)
  • The Dark Between (The Messenger #2)
  • ...Till It's Over! (Cole & Srexx Book 2)
  • It Ain't Over... (Cole & Srexx Book 1)
  • Junkyard Pirate
  • The Messenger: A Military Scifi Epic
  • Ruined Terra (Empire of Bones Saga, Book 11)
  • Alliance (The Silver Ships #14)
  • Renegade Alliance (Renegade Star, #13)
  • Haven Ascendant (Cole & Srexx Book 3)
  • Poor Man's Fight (Poor Man's Fight, #1)
  • Empire's Ashes (Blood on the Stars Book 15)
  • Troubled Space
  • Nozy Cat 1: A Hope Jones Cozy Mystery
  • Agent of Enchantment (Dark Fae FBI, #1)
  • A Thunder of War (The Avalon Chronicles #3)
  • Agent of Chaos (Dark Fae FBI, #2)
  • Agent of the Fae (Dark Fae FBI, #4)
I'm a full-time indie fantasy and science fiction author. When I'm not writing, I'm ferrying my dogs to hiking trails for adventures.

Star Kingdom (6 books)
  • Shockwave (Star Kingdom #1)
  • Ship of Ruin (Star Kingdom #2)
  • Hero Code (Star Kingdom #3)
  • Crossfire (Star Kingdom #4)
  • Gate Quest (Star Kingdom #5)