Start by marking “The Girl He Loves (Orchard Heights, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Girl He Loves (Orchard Heights, #1)

The Girl He Loves

(Orchard Heights #1)

Some secrets are meant to be discovered.

Mischa Lombardi is odd. Pragmatic. Perfectionist. Neurotic. Diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder at the age of eleven, she can’t remember being any other way.

Thankfully, with the assistance of medication and therapy, her life is well under control. Some might even say it’s perfect: a beautiful husband, her sons Trevor and Tr
Published November 21st 2019 by RC Publications

Start your review of The Girl He Loves (Orchard Heights, #1)
Bookworm Extraordinaire
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
description I actually thought I had read a book by this author before, but I guess I haven't. In any case, I enjoyed this book. It lacked a little depth considering some of the heavy topics the author tossed into the book. And I thought Brian got off a little too easy considering the magnitude of the secrets he had been keeping for YEARS. However, Mischa herself wasn't a saint, so I guess they deserved each other. 😂

description

description BLOG | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | BOOKBUB

Robin Powers
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gritty, angsty...all of the things I love about a Roya Carmen book. Real life situations with fallible characters who work their way into your heart. My heart was torn in so many directions with Mischa, Brian, Joel and Renee. I was drawn into their drama and what Mischa would do next. It didn't matter that she was OCD. I kept thinking oh, I know almost anybody would do that. Or that. Or that. I was kept on the edge of my seat as the secret unfolded more and then a little more. This book is not s ...more
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
I was fascinated with Mischa's story. A woman who suffers from OCD, which can lead to serious consequences depending on the situation. In her particular dilemma it centered around her husband and the woman in the picture. She couldn't fathom that her husband would be cheating on her but then she became obsessed with this girl herself.

To have to struggle in life with this kind of "disease" is not fun and I'm sure the person who suffers from it also struggles with it. Although Mischa was see a the
Jayne {aka cupcakesandbookshelves}
Different, unique, real.... I LOVE Roya's books so much, this one in particularly, as nothing is as it seems whilst reading it. Packed full of intrigue, steam, secrets and lies if you after something unlike you've read before, The Girl He Loves is definitely for you. LOVED IT.

*ARC kindly given in exchange for an honest review, thank you so much*
The Smutbrarians
Overall Rating 4.5
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Robin

Jac K
The reviews on this one are all over the place, and as readers, we all have different opinions about what is dark, cheating, etc. If you’re familiar with my reviews, you know I have a pretty large tolerance with content, so keeping that in mind…. I hope this helps.

Going in, it was hard for me to get a read on what the “feel” of The Girl He Loves would be, or what the hell it was about. In a nutshell, this is a mystery-ish family drama surrounding Ava, and what her relationship is with Brian. The
Cyndi Becker
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm ALWAYS anxious when I start a book by Roya Carmen. When I expect the most angst, she delivers. With The Girl He Loves, the anxiety came on so many levels. What would Micha Lombardi learn when she discovers a photo of a young woman hidden in her house? Is she ready for the truth?

Let me tell you, Micha is a woman with a very active mind and a unique approach to life. Reading this book was an experience, as I expected, one that created intrigue and suspense, and it was too far into the story b
Hopelessly Addicted To Books
This is a book with a female lead character unlike any I've read before. Mischa Lombardi has some deep rooted issues that we see in stark focus when she stumbles across a secret. The main characters of Mischa Brian Renee and Joel make addictive reading and all very flawed. I couldn't stop reading because I needed to see what she would do next. At times I cringed and seriously questioned her actions but as you read you come to understand her more.

This was an intriguing steamy books that will app
Kelly
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading The Girl He Loves by Roya Carmen because her main character is not your typical lead female. Mischa Lombardi with her OCD and strange idiosyncrasies shape this story into a unique tale.

The Girl He Loves has you struggling right along with Mischa and at the same time you're rooting for her and the wonderful life she has built with her husband Brian.

The saying "A picture is worth a thousand words" holds true in this story. Mischa's world starts to spiral and I was eager to see wh
Beyond The Covers Blog
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romaine
This is Mischa's journey from childhood to motherhood and the challenges she faced being diagnosed with OCD. With therapy and medications she found the balance in her life so she could be a good wife and mother....

Until......

She found a picture of a beautiful young woman, Ava. A picture that belonged to her husband. Now she seeks for the truth that could not only destroy her family but another.

adjective: OCD

having a tendency towards excessive orderliness, perfectionism, and great attention to de
Linda
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another first time author for me and I'm now intrigued to check out her other works because of this one. It was a different read for me, and I loved that about it. The character depth was fantastic. I was over Mischa's shoulder the whole way….. wonderfully written. Can't wait to see what I'll check out next!
Stacy King
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An intriguing read and beautiful love story!

I found Mischa Lombardi’s story fascinating. I don’t want to give away any spoilers, but I did think Mischa went a little too easy on Brian. Regardless, this is a must read if you enjoy psychological suspense romance. Roya Carmen has a new fan and reader. I look forward to reading her other books! Loved it!
Romaine Heart
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
RH*See full review of Beyond the Covers blog here on Goodreads and check us out on Facebook
Tiffany Readz
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I Didn't even have a Shelf for this Book!

Boy oh boy did Roya Carmen deliver with this psychological romance, however I don't know if it is even considered a romance. Whatever it was, had me finishing it in one day. I couldn't wait to see how it ended.

"I look so normal on the outside. But inside, it's a total utter effed-up circus."

We are introduced to Mischa and Brian, the perfect little family unit on the outside, but on the inside Mischa has to give it her all to project normal. She keeps her
Terri Turner
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an extremely interesting and somewhat enlightening book for me because of the subject matter of a woman suffering from OCD. The book was written very well and it held my attention all the way through. It is a bit of a slow burn at first, but it definitely gathered pace in the second half of the book; with lots of secrets, twist and turns popping up to make you gasp with surprise.

I thought Mischa was an interesting character to read because I have never read about someone before with thi
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog

Jill S (Love Affair With Fiction)
The Girl He Loves is a unique story showcasing Mischa's life, a married woman with two kids, and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. At this point in her life, she has everything in control. She has a handle on the OCD, and life is good. Well, until it isn't.

The day she finds a photo of a beautiful young woman hidden behind her wedding picture is the day it all starts to unravel.

The book illustrates how even happily married couples can hit some rough patches. What truly matters is how you weather th
Emma
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So I’ve never read from this author before! But oh my goodness what a writer she is. This story is angsty, gritty and at times uneasy as Mischa’s obsession takes over.
After finding a hidden photograph of a beautiful young girl Mischa who suffers with OCD becomes convinced her husband is having an affair.
She becomes obsessed with the girl in the photograph.
The story is different to anything I’ve read before and was more suspense rather than romance.
The characters really felt like real people be
~Misty~
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading The Girl He Loves by Roya Carmen . A book that centers around Mischa, a wife, a mother, and a friend who suffers from OCD and others. She finds hidden photo- one of a young girl- which leads her into a path of needing to know ... know EVERYTHING!

A story full of secrets to be revealed. Of friends and outings. Of love, lust , broken hearts, healed relationships, as well as failed ones.

Wonderfully written with relatable characters. Will be looking out for other books in the series.
E&A Book
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. It was angsty, real, and raw. The dynamics of the relationships between the characters, was captivating and intriguing. Once I started reading, I could not put it down.
Spunky N Sassy
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

A Must Read

This book was heartbreaking and beautiful. I was hooked from the beginning and I couldn’t put it down. This book is a must read.
GApplebee
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A must read

This book takes a hard look at mental illness and what love can accomplish with its healing powers. This is a different kind of love story for Roya Carmen and she hit it out of the park. This book will draw you in until the last page.
Dec 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
I skimmed literally 80% of this book. The heroines internal musings are the entire gist of the book. Her ruminations went on, and on, AND ON. I only stuck it out to get o the resolution. It wasn't worth it. 0.5*don't waste your time*stars ...more
2OCC Reviews
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica
Oh my! Mischa was a hot mess most of this book. I loved her though. Even with her issues she was very outgoing. So, the story was kinda scattered. It wasn’t in a super bad way but the story did jump back and forth some. Once we got into the meat of the story I was hooked. I found it predicable but even knowing or guessing correctly didn’t take away from my overall enjoyment of the story. The characters were great, but this was Mischa’s story. Yes she had a husband but this was about her and her ...more
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
May 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars-2020
I absolutely love this author's style of writing and once again she drew me in like a moth to a flame. The heroine in this book suffers with OCD and if her stress levels get too high, she tends to turn a little stalkerish. When she finds a hidden photo, scenarios begin flashing through her head at a mile a minute and her stalker tendencies ramp up to an unprecedented level. It seems there is a method to her madness though.

I did feel that this lacked a little depth when it comes to the characters
Shweta Choudhary
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a vert different book. I have read any other book with the issues the heroine faced in the book it was interesting and very surprising. I finished it in one sitting, my eyes glued to it. Though I thought Brian didn't deserve to be let off easy no matter what but hey, heart wants what it wants. It was interesting to see how one mistake can lead to so much choas. I would have reacted in a very horrible way. Good book, cant wait for next one! ...more
Melissa

This book was written perfectly. Pulled me right in and didn’t let go. Omg! So good! I love how the author highlighted OCD. I can’t wait to read book #2.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Shaztwirl
Jul 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
A little slow to start but plenty to keep you hooked once the story gets going. My first book by this author. I'll be back for more. ...more
Suzan
Sep 13, 2020 rated it liked it
🧐

I’m not a fan of reading about mental illness. This book was recommended on a FB page. I didn’t want to rate too low.
Onnica
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review is also here: https://iloveromanticfiction.com/2019...

Main characters: Mischa Lombardi, accountant, wife, mother and obsessive compulsive trying to navigate life; Brian Lombardi, her husband and soulmate, hiding a huge secret.

Why you should read it: anyone who reads my blog knows how much I love this author. Her series have such depth to them and she’s never afraid to explore the more complicated, difficult areas of life at all. I was totally intrigued by the book’s blurb. I don’t think I

• The Life You Stole (Life, #2)
  • The Life That Mattered (Life, #1)
  • The Missing Husband
  • Dear Anna
  • The Woman He Married (A Magic City Duo, # 1)
  • Where Hope Begins
  • Leave It There
  • Tragic (Cherry Grove #1)
  • Deepest Desire of the Heart: Book Two of the Hartstrings Trilogy
  • Elijah Wolfe (Wolfe Brothers #1)
  • Foundations (The Power of Three Love #1)
  • Wanderlove
  • Rock Me Longer (Licks Of Leather #1)
  • Violent Delights (White Monarch, #1)
  • Inhale, Exhale. (Hollow Ridge #1)
  • Misassumption
  • The Truth About Alice (Evil Lies, #2)
  • Just the Way You Are
Busy mom, romance writer, artist & designer, book-aholic, nature lover, and hopeless romantic.

Author of The Ground Rules trilogy, and the Riverstone series.

For all the latest updates, friend me on Facebook or Twitter or Instagram!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...
Twitter: @royacarmen
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/royacarmen/
Wattpad: @royastories

Orchard Heights (3 books)
  • The Man Next Door (Orchard Heights, #2)
  • The Boss Upstairs (Orchard Heights #3)