Start by marking “Dazzle, Volume 01” as Want to Read:
Dazzle, Volume 01

Dazzle, Volume 01 (Dazzle #1)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  707 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
A young girl named Rahzel is abruptly sent off to see the world by her father. She is alone on her travels--until she meets Alzeid, a mysterious loner on a mission of revenge. At first the two don't get along...but little by little, Alzeid opens his heart to Rahzel. It's a good thing, too--because with the dangerous (and at times romantic) road ahead, they will need to rel ...more
Published January 10th 2006 by TokyoPop

To ask other readers questions about Dazzle, Volume 01, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dazzle, Volume 01

Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriFullmetal Alchemist, Volume 1 by Hiromu ArakawaVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri Hino
Best Mangas
350 books — 137 voters
Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaFullmetal Alchemist, Volume 1 by Hiromu ArakawaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri Hino
Best Manga Book Ever
925 books — 3,543 voters

More lists with this book...

Demo
Dec 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE. EVERYONE ON THE FUCKING PLANET. READ IT NOW.
Recommended to Demo by: Karma
INSANELY IMPORTANT NOTE: For any of you that have seen the anime show and didn't like it: READ THE MANGA. The show absolutely sucks compared to the manga, and is much more confusing. Hatenkou Yuugi is a fantastic story---don't let the anime ruin it for you.

A Short Summary Before We Begin
Rahzel is a teenager who can use magic to cast spells and defend herself---and she doesn't know why. One day, all of the sudden, her father throws her out on the road, with the instructions "See the world." Not
Zala
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read up to ch 101

I do love this manga, but somewhere during volume 10 it takes a turn for the worse. I still love Razhel and her storyline is awesome, as always, however, Alzeid is drifting far far away into WTH?!-land. Including the rest of the plot. It's just too much all at once; contradictions, not much is explained, and while we do get to see why Rahzel is so similar to the woman who killed Alzeid's father, the chapters of endless talk that's supposed to explain things is only making it wor
earthy
Feb 12, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga, fantasy, ya
Extremely weak plot and stock characters. Rahzel is thrown out of her home for no real reason except that her dad has randomly decided now is the time for her to explore the world. Her stoic "partner" Alzeid, with whom she has very little chemistry, allows her to tag along with him to no apparent destination for no apparent reason. While I admire that Rahzel does seem to be one of the few manga heroines who can really take care of herself, the inexplicable, pointless plot and uninteresting chara ...more
Aleixie
Dec 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This book is awesome, funny and different from anything I have ever read. I recommend it!!!
Echo
May 10, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga
"I have no interest in her story," Alzeid says at one point. It made me laugh, because that's exactly what I was thinking about this manga. It's completly random and doesn't make much sense at all. The drawing style is beautiful, but the story itself needs work.
Britta
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Honestly this is just my favorite Manga ever. I wish I still had my copies /:
Lör K.
DNF at 27%

This is boring and bland. The start of this manga is horribly rushed, confusing the reader. The story line is non-existent (nearly every manga I've read has at least a basic plot line by the end of the first chapter, or at least enough hinted that you want to keep reading). At the moment, we just have a stranger looking for vengeance, and a girl that was made homeless for no reason.

The only reason this got two stars was for the artwork; a gothic style, unique, but beautiful.

Seriously,
Christina
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
At the tender age of fourteen, Rahzel's father tells her she must travel and go through adversity to grow into a wise and mature adult, and having said only that, he immediately kicks her out of the house! But without a single word of advice from her father, and nary a moment to prepare to leave, Rahzel doesn't know what to do, and she immediately gets mixed up with the cutest (and most dangerous) guy she finds! But luckily, fate is on her side, because with his and her rare magical powers, the ...more
Ifurita
Apr 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
Dazzle is an oddball but highly addictive series. It follows the adventures of Rahzel, a teenage sorceress who's been sent on a sort of training journey by her father, and the companions she picks up along the way.
There are several things that make Dazzle stand out from the crowd of fantasy manga. It has a uniquely bizarre sense of humor, and an unusual visual style to match. (The artwork in this first volume is a little rough, but give it time.)
Rahzel herself is perhaps the manga's greatest st
Despair Speaking
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Do not judge this manga with its art! Otherwise you would hate it even though it's practically one of the most hilarious and cool manga ever!

Things to look out for:
1. Rahzel and Alzeid's banters
2. The crazy situations they keep finding themselves in
3. Baroqheat's attempts to win Rahzel over or have her forgive him for flirting with her

Dazzle begins when Rahzel was promptly kicked out of the house by none else than her father. He had made some odious and vague excuse that she has to experience th
Hetaliaxcookies
Sep 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-i-own
Edit: the story is ongoing so there could be romance, I don't know.
Original: let me just start with the illustrations. in the first vol it's VERY badly done, which was a turn off for me. But, the story is good and the pictures get much better later on. the story is a bit confusing, but just go along with it for a little while and it will make sense. this is unfortunately NOT A ROMANCE!!!! I haven't finished the entire series yet but I'm told there is no romance between the two main characters (o
Kat (Lost in Neverland)
Jan 14, 2012 rated it liked it

3.5 Stars!
Alzeid was hilarious and super cute/hot. Rahzel was a kick-ass, I-don't-take-no-shit type of girl, and that was awesome! Though the description says It's a good thing, too--because with the dangerous (and at times romantic) road ahead... I really don't think there's much romance in this book. It's fast paced, almost a little too fast paced. The manga artwork isn't the best either, what with their 'pig noses' and everything. Cute, funny, and sweet, a good read, all and all.
Dexter
May 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Not a bad little manga. The art's a tad messy and it's kind of hard to tell what's going on, but I like it because it's so random and yet predictable too. Lots of fun little clichés that I'm a sucker for in manga.

Rahzel can be a really irritating character, but she's also kinda lovable. Alzeid is classically cool and cold, so they make the perfect pair. I'm really liking the plot stuff with Alzeid's old friends and little Vincent.

It's not top notch and it's certainly not art -- but it's still ve
Tonya
Oct 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was a fantastic surprise. I bought it on a whim because they looked fun and Dazzle is the name of my parent's cat. Sometimes, the way these characters act reminds me of Vampire Academy, although it's important to note that these books have nothing to do with Vampires. The female lead may be a bit more happy-go-lucky than Rose Hathaway, but she is strong, knows what she's doing and puts her foot down when she thinks she's right. In addition, the man, who I'm not really sure will turn in ...more
planetkimi
Apr 24, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga, shoujo
I like the characters Rahzel and Alzeid. (Sassy girl + stoic boy is one of my favorite character combinations ...) I also enjoyed Rahzel's outfits, and I'm intrigued by Alzeid's gun.

However ...

Some of the panels are visually incomprehensible. Unfortunately those are usually the panels in which an action is occurring, so the subsequent panels (and the plot!) make no sense.

Also, R & A's relationship dynamic seems pretty improbable in an illogical rather than intriguing way.
Hannah
May 15, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
This wasn't quite as good as I had expected from the synopsis. The art is mediocre - I guess this would depend on your personal tastes as well, since I found the lines around the eyes too dark and the proportions shaky - and the story was extremely confusing. I would've liked to see more development between Rahzel and Alzeid, because they go from acquaintances to partners in the space of a few pages. How did they get that close so quickly?!
Amy M.
Aug 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Amy M. by: Amanda
Shelves: manga
I like this series! The strong characters, hilarious dialog/situations, eye candy, and a complex storyline keeps me coming back for more. Which is good because I never quite understand everything thats going on...

I'm actually going to reread this again soon. It's just one of those books where you discover something new each time you read it.
Brandi
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Minari Endou's "Dazzle" has the two main traits I love in a story - originality and humour! The illustrations were lovely and the writing was fun. Alzeid and Rahzel are both interesting characters and the story is unlike others I have read before. A definite thumbs up!
Kathleen
Feb 23, 2016 rated it liked it
I found this story of travelers who tend to get into violent physical and magical confrontations rather dull and repetitive. The characters aren't well developed and their cardboard-cutout personalities annoyed me.
Emmy Lou
I need to hire Shinichi Kudo to find the plot in this manga... but I think I'll pick up volume 2 to see if I can find it myself.

I really enjoyed the chapter about the woman who waits for her lover and the cute art. And the name Rahzel!
Jeffrey
Weak, contrived storytelling and unremarkable artwork mark this book as one to generally avoid. It does settle down in the second half with the hint of a backstory on the male lead as well as a moderately interesting ghost story. Still, not really worth the time it took to read.
Jasmine Moody
Aug 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
this book is really cool but its kindof strange at 1st but u can gets alot of cool friends or should a say jerks to be friends with the main caritar razhel.
Chelsey
Sep 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
this Manga is amazing!
But unfortunately the company who was publishing it hasn't released the next volume in 3-ish years

Angela
Jan 15, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga
This was just plain bad.
Candace
Sep 19, 2008 added it
Recommends it for: yes
Recommended to Candace by: my friend Maya
Awesome Manga!!!!!!!! i love this book and i can read it over and over again!!!!
Ella
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rahzel is a strange girl in this manga but I find her quite amusing. She has all that energy in her and she's always so pumped up and waiting for action.
Kaede
YES. YES. I WANT MORE.

I so should've read the manga before watching the anime. This is so damn better.

I WANT MORE NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...

...please?
Randi Randi
Aug 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: manga lovers
I really enjoyed this manga i like rahzel's outfits, The names are bit strange, but i like strange things (sometimes)
Raven Black
Aug 17, 2010 rated it liked it
It’s been some years since I read this book. Loved the way it ended. I see why u was inspired to become a writer, and how my writing style turned darker.
Morgan
Oct 08, 2011 rated it did not like it
I seriously read maybe three pages, decided this was crap and stopped reading. This is not a book worth your time.
  • Rockin' Heaven, Vol. 01
  • Mugen Spiral, Vol. 01
  • Inu x Boku SS, Vol. 1
  • Reborn! 18: Version V. R. (Reborn!, #18)
  • The Queen's Knight, Volume 1
  • Yurara, Vol. 1
  • Immortal Rain, Vol. 1
  • Land of the Blindfolded, Vol. 1
  • Special A, Vol. 4 (Special A, #4)
  • Cantarella, Volume 1 (Cantarella, #1)
  • Arcana Vol 1
  • Princess Resurrection, Vol. 1
  • 学園アリス 27 [Gakuen Alice 27]
  • Jiu Jiu, Vol. 1
  • A Kiss for My Prince: Volume 1
  • Ghost Hunt, Vol. 1 (Ghost Hunt, #1)
  • Psycho Busters 1
  • Platinum Garden, Volume 1

Dazzle (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Dazzle, Volume 02
  • Dazzle, Volume 11

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• The Lathe of Heaven
    $7.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
    $9.99 $1.99
  • King of Thieves
  • Area 51 (Area 51, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Earth Strike (Star Carrier, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Parable of the Sower (Earthseed)
    $17.99 $2.99
  • The Mission (Area 51, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mongoliad (The Mongoliad Cycle Book 1)
  • The Fourteenth Goldfish
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Extinction Point (Extinction Point, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fate of Perfection (Finding Paradise #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Gates of Thread and Stone (Gates of Thread and Stone #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Earth & Sky (Earth & Sky, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sphinx (Area 51, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Rewinder (Rewinder Series Book 1)
  • Master of Formalities
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Grail (Area 51, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Falconer (The Falconer, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • The Eighth Guardian (Annum Guard, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Excalibur (Area 51, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Into the Black (Odyssey One, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fate of Devotion (Finding Paradise, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Points of Impact (Frontlines #6)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Shadows (The Fianna Trilogy, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Dystopia Chronicles (Atopia, #2)
  • The Guardian Herd: Starfire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
  • Once Was a Time
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Truth (Area 51, #7)
  • The Bird Eater
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Catalyst (Breakthrough, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Leap (Breakthrough, #2)
  • Ruined
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Breakthrough (Breakthrough, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Exo (Exo #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Nosferatu (Area 51, #8)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Poor Man's Fight (Poor Man's Fight, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Abby in Wonderland (Whatever After, #10.5)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Palace Job (Rogues of the Republic #1)
  • Slaughterhouse-Five
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Oddfits
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Imago (Xenogenesis, #3)
    $6.99 $1.99