Start by marking “Moonlighter (The Company, #1)” as Want to Read:
Moonlighter (The Company, #1)

Moonlighter

(The Company #1)

Five nights. Two adversaries. Only one bed in their hotel room.

I'm at the height of my hockey career. Yet my arrogant brother is always trying to recruit me into the family business: a global security company so secretive that I don't even know its name.
Pass, thanks. I don't need a summer job.
But the jerk ambushes me with a damsel in distress. That
Published October 22nd 2019 by Tuxbury Publishing LLC (first published October 19th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Moonlighter, please sign up.

Start your review of Moonlighter (The Company, #1)
Christy
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-four-stars
4 stars

photo 147EC12B-DAB1-4EDD-9751-AB46473DFF11_zps1mwd7wcj.png

Moonlighters is the first book in Sarina Bowen’s new The Company series, and I loved it! This had just the right amount of suspense, humor, and steam, and it was a great fake dating/friends to lovers romance.

Eric Bayer is a popular NHL player and one of the older players in the league. He’s no where near ready to hang up his skates, but he’s looking forward to the break he has between seasons. Then his brother Max calls. Max and Eric’s dad own a super elusive security company and they need Eric’s help with s
Wendy

A brand new series by one of my favorite authors....sign me up !! Even though I have read multiple books by this author, she is mostly known to me as the brilliant co-writer of one of my all-time favorite books "Him". I have not (yet) read the "Brooklyn" series which this new series is a spin-off of. No worries though...it can be read without reading all that orel="nofollow">".

Corina
Oct 03, 2019 rated it liked it

Even though it took me more than a week to finish this book there wasn’t really anything wrong with it. Nothing I can put my finger on, that is.

The reader gets exactly what the author advertises.

A sweet hockey player, having great chemistry with a former childhood friend, now powerful CEO. With lots of sweet and endearing moments between the couple, it makes for a charming read. The real conflict doesn’t arise until closer to the end, and I must
Nicola
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you’ve read the Brooklyn Bruisers series and/or its spin-off Brooklyn series, you’ll be familiar with Alexandra and Eric who kick off the newest series in the Bowen conglomerate, The Company. And whilst a spin-off of a spin-off, it’s also an easy stand-alone.

description No man has ever overwhelmed me like Hurricane Eric.”

Moonlighter pretty much delivered exactly what I wanclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Stacey is Sassy
Some walk by night…or sled

Who else had the theme song from Moonlighting in their heads when they saw the title of this story? For me, every time I started reading Moonlighter, I was singing it in my head. Of course, I then had to google the lyrics because I knew I was singing it wrong and realised that it had a little relevance to Moonlighter.

Some walk by night
Some fly by day
Nothing could change you
Set and sure of the way…

Moonlighter is about Alex and Eric living their lives and doing what they need, to get to where they want to get. By the end of the
Penny Reid
Oct 21, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

Five nights. Two adversaries. Only one bed in their hotel room.

I’m at the height of my athletic career. Yet my arrogant brother is always trying to recruit me into the family business: a global security company so secretive that I don’t even know its name.

Bookgasms Book Blog
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula, shelly, missy
AHHH! Sarina Bowen did it again. I fell in love with Eric Bayer in the amazing Brooklyn Bruisers series. He was the older, wiser, surly, closed off hottie of the Bruisers' locker room. But we saw a new side of him in Moonlighter and I was here for it!! Eric and Alex were all potent chemistry and spitfire banter. I loved the electrifying attraction, element of suspense and the new and engaging start to a series. Moonlighter was magic!

Lord. There is nothing I love more than sassy bante
Elle Kennedy

Amazon | Apple | Kobo | Nook | Google | Audio

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
description

“Are you ready to go to war for her?”
“War,” I repeat slowly. “Against whom?”
“Does it matter”

Eric Bayer isn’t a man to do things by halves whether it’s on the ice with the Brooklyn Bruisers Hockey team or wooing and sweeping the independently successful Alex Engels – when he sets his mind on something, nothing will stand in his way, and we fell instantly in love with him!

Moonlighter is the first book in Sarina Bowen’s new series, The Company, an offshoot of her Brooklyn Bruisers Hockey Series and the character crossover is a great way to
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Another SB winner with this spinoff of the much beloved Brooklyn Bruisers line!

Moonlighter features Eric Bayer who many remember and cooed over in Overnight Sensation or maybe that was just me? I was chomping at the bit for Eric to get his own HEA and SB did not disappoint.

I admit I made a face when I realized who the female protagonist was given her previous asshattery towards Becca but she grovels. Groveling goes a long way with me. She's a smart, sassy and financially independent executive of a cable company that's looking to laline!
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)

Moonlighter is book one in a delightful new series by one of my favorite authors, Sarina Bowen!! This is a spinoff of sorts from the Brooklyn Bruisers (my favorite). Eric Bayer is an aging hockey player who is the black sheep of his uber successful family. He gets suckered into helping his brother with "The Company". All he has to do is a be a fake boyfriend to an old family friend...that always ends well!

Max's (Eric's brother) company is super secret and part of what they do is provide security. Max is
Syndi
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can not comes up with what is so memorable about this book. Yes Eric is hot and perfect boyfriend. But his background is off. I mean he is a famous NHL player and suddenly just agreed to be bodyguard? Making 7 mil a year. Jeez! If I were Eric, I will not taking any other job aside of lounging on the beach with a perfect book.

The story is also too long. Too many plots being twist here and there that I just lost. The suspense aspect is too messy. The romantic aspect is also boring. The sex scen
Dilek VT
Oct 24, 2019 marked it as dnf
Shelves: pregnant-heroine
DNF on page 20

The heroine is 3 months pregnant with her ex-boyfriend's child when she meets the hero. Her ex was abusive so she decided to be a single mum.

I don't think a pregnant woman's love story is my cuppa, that's not romantic for me at all; so I am dropping it...

I wish they would at least meet when she already had the child, say when the child is 3 - 4 years old or sth like that; that would be better and I would read it, then.

Well, to each their own...
Bex | TotallyBex.com
Do you like romance with a little hockey? How about a side of intrigue and a bit of suspense? If you answered yes, you’re going to LOVE Moonlighter by Sarina Bowen! Take all of that, throw in a grumpy hockey player turned bodyguard and a high-tech billionaire CEO, and you have the makings of one of my favorite books by Sarina Bowen to date.

The first book in the Brooklyn Bruisers spin-off series, The Company, features Eric, the Bruiser who is roped into protecting a female tech billionaire—who just so happens to be
K. Bromberg

Ilsa Madden-Mills

Eliza

★5 STARS★

After devouring MOONLIGHTER, I honestly don’t know whether it’s Alex or Eric I have the biggest crush on. Take Alex, she’s an incredibly successful computer programmer and a leader of industry. Her newest innovation has garnered some unwanted attention and with it attempts of sabotage. Although a huge problem in itself, she actually has a more pressing matter at hand, which she needs dealt with swiftly and discreetly.

Discreet is the motto of Eric Bayer’s family run security company. It’s so discreet intact, it doe
Stacie
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 "Baby Love" Stars!

Well, I absolutely love Eric Bayer! He made my heart go pitter patter. I really liked Alex so much too. This story was awesome. Tbh, the tech talk slowed the story down a little for me, but the plot was very good. Some of the technology was kinda scary actually. What may have bumped this one on up to a 5 star for me would have been an epilogue. I want to know how Alex and Eric are doing a year or two from now. Hopefully we'll see them again in future books. Happy readi
Rachel Dyken

Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
****AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW ****

4 Heroine Loving CROWNS

This was a really good novel. I love the premise, I enjoyed the characters. I LOVED that for once the business, rich, tech genius was the heroine.

There was something that stalled for me, though. I never truly connected with the characters. I didn’t really feel their chemistry outside of the bedroom. Surprisingly, since I didn’t feel the electricity between them, the steamy scenes are some of Sarina’s best.

The plot is uniqu
Wendy'sThoughts
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sarina Bowen Fans, Hockey, Romance
4 Opening Perspectives Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
It has been an established fact that I love the way Sarina Bowen Writes. PERIOD. I do not need to repeat the stats of books I have read or reviews I have done. That would be boring.

All I am going to say is this...

In Moonlighter, she takes characters we have experienced, some who may not have been seen in the best of light...and gives them a new way to understand them.
She shows vulnerability. She shows the need to open one's mind to a future which will close a door to
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

This was just what I needed! I wanted a sexy, feel-good romance with wonderful characters and an abundance of chemistry and that is exactly what I got. I only discovered Sarina Bowen less than two years ago and I have read all of her books yet but I have read quite a few. I have yet to be disappointed. There is just something about the way she tells a story that works for me so I was really excited to read this new book and I ende
Carmen Rae
Only Sarina Bowen could write a book that combines a super secretive security company with hockey and make it amazing. Not that it's surprising since everything Sarina Bowen writes is amazing.

And the leading lady was Alex. Which just adds to the awesome. If you're familiar with her Brooklyn Bruisers series then you know who Alex is. If you haven't read the Brooklyn Bruisers series then you could read this as a standalone but honestly do yourself a favour and go one click like crazy and enjoy t
Jane super booklover📚
I loved it. Shes always doing it for me. Great book love the new series hope the next one Will be Max and scout. And i hope duff Will get one. Cant wait to read bess s book as well.
Sawyer Bennett

1-Click Addict Support Group
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Steamy, emotional friends to lovers...

What an awesome ride! Alex and Eric knew each other eons ago and found themselves together again under very different circumstances. What hadn’t changed was their dynamic. Alex was a take-charge person and though Eric was too, he was happy, once again, to follow Alex’s lead. Eric was uber-successful in his own right (hockey players rule!) so he was in no way threatened by Alex, who was growing her family company through her own smarts and sheer h
Ambriehl Khalil
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars-2019
⭐[4/5 Stars]⭐

Sarina Bowen is fkn amazing. Ugh. Legend. This book is so new and I honestly didn’t even read the synopsis, I got an email saying she had a new book and I got it immediately. I was NOT disappointed, let me tell you. This was fkn wild. I don’t know what I was expecting but this was not it.

I really enjoyed it though, I don’t often read books where the romance isn’t the main focus, but I found that I was super invested the entire time. I love how much attention to detail th
Jess
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Super duper into this and I am excited about this new (probable) romantic suspense-lite direction from Sarina Bowen? GIVE ME ALL THE SECURITY BOOKS NOW, PLS.
Zoe
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Humorous, romantic, and suspenseful!

Moonlighter is a smart, seductive tale that features the cocky, handsome, hockey player Eric who reluctantly turns amateur protector for an old friend, and the driven, independent Alex whose new tech project has suddenly made her a large target for hackers worldwide.

The prose is witty and light. The characters are spirited, amusing, and lovable. And the plot is an entertaining combination of family, friendship, temptation, desire, sizzl
Arielle ⭐ Cursebreaker ⭐
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-need
*cries* this is so good you guys. I can't wait to get into more of this series. Getting to know more about Bayer and Alex was so great and I guess I've finally become okay with the baby plot since I have one bc I loved this entire book to bits. Full review to come❤❤

For more of my reviews, please visit:

descriptive text here

Sarina Bowen's Go...: It's cover reveal day! 1 7 Sep 26, 2019 11:50AM

• A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • The Play (Briar U, #3)
  • Knox (Chicago Blaze, #4)
  • Tacker (Arizona Vengeance, #5)
  • Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)
  • The Royal Rogue (Nordic Royals #4)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Dirty Letters
  • Park Avenue Player
  • Wrapped Up in You (Chicago Rebels #4.5)
  • All the Way (Hot Jocks, #2)
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • Midnight Encounters
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery, #1)
  • The Dugout (Brentwood Baseball, #2)
  • Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)
  • Single in Sitka (Odds-Are-Good, #1)
  • Down Too Deep (Dirty Deeds, #4)
sarina bowen
Sarina Bowen is the USA Today bestselling author of 30+ books, including: the True North series, and the Brooklyn Bruisers. She's the co-author of Him/Us and the WAGs series with Elle Kennedy. She's the author of The Ivy Years series, and more!
Are you looking for a friends-to-lovers story or maybe even a secret baby book? You can read a list of Sarina's books broken out by trope and style.
Need to know what's coming next ? Get all the latest news on Sarina's website, and sthethethe
“The car begins to rise toward the sixth floor. The elevator buttons wouldn’t even work if I pressed one. Only employees can choose a destination, and only if they’re approved to go there.
It’s like an even more paranoid version of the Death Star. Although, I’ve been promised tacos, and I don’t think the dark lord eats Mexican.”
0 likes
“It’s the most successful company that you’ve never heard of.
In contrast, I’ve been a professional athlete for fifteen years. I make seven million dollars a year, and I’m basically the family slacker.”
0 likes