Start by marking “A Last Gift (Teatime Treasure Hunters)” as Want to Read:
A Last Gift (Teatime Treasure Hunters)

A Last Gift (Teatime Treasure Hunters)

What can be creepier than finding a dead body? How about finding a portrait painted of yourself, in the same house!

Helena Carson’s tea shop sells four things: piping hot tea, fresh-baked pastries, hand-picked antiques--and supernatural mystery!

When an old acquaintance with a long-standing crush on her dies she can’t help but attend the estate sale to find bargains for
Published October 17th 2019

To ask other readers questions about A Last Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Last Gift

Start your review of A Last Gift (Teatime Treasure Hunters)
Merry Chapman
Oct 25, 2019 rated it liked it
As opposed to being book 1 in this series, it actually should have been a prequel. Four senior friends Helena, Bettina, Jassamine and Gerturde, when finding one of their friends has died, presumably by natural causes sees a painting of Helena in his house. When Helena obtains the painting and finds a strange map stashed in back of the picture, she calls her friends together and they ask a new friend of Jessamine's to do some research on it to see if the map which is of an old closed mine is ...more
Sue
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-challenge
Tea shop owner Helena Carson attends the estate sale of an old acquaintance and finds more than she bargained for. Why would there be a portrait of her hanging on the wall and what secrets are about to be opened?

Helena and friends Bettina, Jessamine, and Gertrude find themselves once again in the middle of a mystery and on the hunt for the answers. Along the way, they discover a dead body, something quite magical, and long ago buried secrets bubbling to the surface.

This is a magical cozy mystery
Mererid Evanna
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Somehow this didn't work for me. There are the appealing elements of a mystery painting, a treasure hunt, a skittish but feisty group of old(-ish) ladies, paranormal premonitions, underground exploration and a shadowy resourceful enemy. It's well enough written. Yet too many things had me shaking my head. Vagueness, guesswork, chance. And especially, if the speculation about Gerry's motivations wasn't just hot air, why didn't he just write a will? There is not even a letter. I wondered about the ...more
Pete
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Paranormal Cosy Fans
This is an enjoyable read, featuring four senior ladies who get involved in a possibly supernatural mystery and a search for a sapphire, this leads to an exciting adventure for the four involving an old mine and an adversary with a gun.
However there were a couple of issues for me, firstly I thought that the characters weren't very well developed, I didn't really feel that I knew them, even by the end of the book, secondly it did end with cliffhangers, even though the blurb says that it can be
Janet Graham
Oct 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Silver Haired Treasure Hunters
This book is the first in a new series. To be kind, I didn't like it much. I like common sense and logic in a good mystery and this didn't seem to have either. The premise of the plot was sketchy at best. This story ends in somewhat of a cliffhanger. The character development is good, but none of the characters are likable. As I am in this age group, I can safely say that these gals would never be my friends. Some may like this book and the series may turn out to be
Audrey
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this new series! It reminded me of Miss Marple if she had friends help her investigate! The characters were wonderful! The plot was wonderful but sad! You don’t know how much you will miss someone who is always there even if annoyingly so until they are gone. I loved the ending even though I’m not a big fan of the cliffhanger! I look forward to reading the next book in the series! This was a great quick cozy read!

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am
Catherine Stratman
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good start to a new series!

I found this book to be entertaining and a quick read. It does end on a cliff-hanger as not all the loose ends are tied up. I find the characters to be likable but would like to see some more backstory on how they all get together. Our main characters are somewhat older and this is portrayed well. Love the small town feel. Will need to read the next one to clear up the cliff-hanger!

Kelly
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story features four senior ladies. After the death of an old friend, Helena buys a portrait of herself from her friend's estate sale. Meanwhile, there is a rumor of a valuable treasure and there are treasure hunters at the sale estate sale. This is a quick and enjoyable read. Warning- there is a cliffhanger at the end of this story.

Dorothy  Scott
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
After the death of an old friend, long in love with her, Helena buys a portrait of herself from his estate sale. Rumors of a valuable treasure has paranormal treasure hunters at the same sale. However, Helena discovers a clue that have her friends and her on a search that may lead to danger. A Last Gift has a group of enjoyable characters in a solid mystery that I recommend.

Molly
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
He had been a friend of her youth and an admirer long past when it was seemly.

When Gerry suddenly passes without a will, Helena is taken aback.

Perhaps there was something to her mid range medium friend and her wacky predictions, as well as to the crazy ideas of her deceased occultist admirer after all.

A sleuthing circle of friends - quite a nifty read!

Darlene
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
A treasure hunt, a mystery and 4 elderly friends- a modern day Miss Marple story! These four women find themselves in danger when the police won't investigate the deaths of their acquaintances- deciding to forge head and look for the hidden treasure. A cute story with a lot of promise but it was lacking in depth. All in all it was fun, quick read- did have a cliff hanger. I rounded up to 4 (a 3.5 for me)

Krissy
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved following Helena and her friends on this murder mystery adventure! Each "old" lady has their own quirky, uniqueness about her. It made for them such a fun-loving group hunting for treasures! Excellent start to the series and can't wait to read more!

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Pat Eroh
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing mystery with fabulous characters. I love Helena and her friends Bettina, Jessamine, and Gertrude This book is so very well-written with plenty of twists to keep me guessing to the end. I am looking forward to any future books by this author.

Kristi
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is book one in a new series and the first book I've read by this author. Strong and well developed characters, a story line that's well written and a bit of mystery and danger added in. A treasure hunt, 4 friends and the finding of a dead body create a story you won't want to put down.

Carrie
Oct 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Treasure Hunt

This was a good start to a series, as I didn't have trouble reading it I just really couldn't connect with the story, however it was decent enough and I probably will continue with the series.
JodiandDan Sands-Sweet
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was kept wondering what was going to happen next the whole time! And then there is a cliffhanger! Ugh! But I still really enjoyed it and I can’t wait for the next book!

reader 1085
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting characters, fun concept unfortunately a cliffhanger . Cannot wait to read more of this series

Bobbi
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love the characters in this book. The four “older” women are so different and make a strong group. The story was very entertaining and I am looking forward to book 2 in this series.
Alida
rated it did not like it
Oct 22, 2019
Nov 20, 2019
Ana
marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2019

• Apple Orchard Cozy Mystery Series: Box Set One (Apple Orchard Cozy #1-3)
  • Croquembouche Murder
  • The 12 Cozy Mystery Carols of Christmas
  • Candy Slain
  • Gram Croakies (Enchanting Inquiries #3)
  • Aconite and Accusations: Mystery (The Witches of Wormwood Mysteries Book 5)
  • Potent Potions (Pet Potions Mystery #1)
  • Pancakes and Poison (A Traveling Town Mystery Book 1)
  • Croakies & Scream (Enchanting Inquiries #4)
  • ELVES' BELLS: AN EASTWIND WITCHES COZY (TRUE & BLOOM #2)
  • Double Fudge Drowning (The Drunken Pie Cafe Cozy Mystery Book 5)
  • Wedlock Cake Murder (A Maple Hills Cozy Mystery Book 12)
  • Greyhound at the Gravesite (Pets Reporter Mystery #1)
  • Six Sweets Under (Apple Orchard Cozy #5.5)
  • Clairvoyant Clues (Sunnyside Retired Witches Community Book 4)
  • Hole Lotta Magic (Magical Midway Paranormal Cozy Mysteries Book 7)
  • Bodies in the Boatyard (A Mollie McGhie Cozy Sailing Mystery #2)
  • Lady Gold Investigates Volume 3