Start by marking “Thorn (Rosewood High #1)” as Want to Read:
Thorn (Rosewood High #1)

Thorn

(Rosewood High #1)

She's an English Rose and I'm about to be a thorn in her side.

She doesn't belong here. From the moment she steps foot in Rosewood High— it's clear she must go.

And I'll use my power to get rid of her. The betrayal I'm reminded of each time our eyes lock must end.

She's a lost rich girl, trying to recover from the death of her parents. But none of that is my concern.

This is
Kindle Edition
Published November 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Thorn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thorn

Start your review of Thorn (Rosewood High #1)
D.M.
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s no secret that bully romances are my favourite genre. The story behind this one made an interesting motive. Thorn ticks all the right inappropriate boxes.

Amelie has moved in with her gran after her parents died. She’s a Brit now living in America. At almost 18 she was almost done with high school. Now the stereotype American high school is her new nightmare. Jake Thorn is at the centre of her tilted world.

He hates her for everything she reminds him of. Their chemistry is something neither
Anne Victoria ·curlingtoesbooktalk·
If you're looking for a classic bad boy hero, with a broken heart and a tortured soul, look no further because this hero is right here in this book!

Jake Thorn has formed a bad reputation in their town and nothing has shaken down the walls he erected around himself until a certain Brit, a new student-transfer from London made it all crumbling down along with his heart.

Jake is the perfect idea of a bad boy. Star player of his team, everyone wants a piece of Jake and every girls in their town
Meredith
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED THIS! One of my guilty pleasures lately is YA bully romance, and this one hit all the marks for me. Tracy Lorraine delivered a powerful and emotional, all-consuming story that left me obsessed and yearning for more.

Jake Thorn is the star football player on his team that everyone wants a piece of. The guys want to be him and the girls hope to lock him down. He's sexy and talented with a bad boy reputation, but nobody really knows that deep down he's broken and tormented by his past. A past
TheSassyNerdBlog
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by this author. So I went into this open-minded, not sure what to expect, and I was pleasantly surprised. Lately, there has been so much hype around bully romances, and I too have fallen victim to this craze. It's a guilty pleasure now and I can't seem to get enough.

I am all for the feels. Angst... Give me angst. I think that's what firstly grabbed at me when it came to this sub-genre and this book had me completely hooked from page one, grabbing hold of my emotions, my
Paula  Phillips
Amalie has just started at a high school in America after she has gone to live with her Grandma as her parents were killed and so she has had to uproot her whole life from London and come to Rosewood. Things though would have been easy for her but she has captured the eye of the hottest guy in the school - Jake and he has a bee in his bonnet about her. She doesn't know him from a bar of soap, yet he is treating her like she has the plague and wants her gone. I have to admit when I found out the ...more
Heather andrews
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jake is quite explicit with his explanations, “it’s not you exactly. You just remind me of someone I wouldn’t pi** on if they were on fire.” I liked this book, I liked Jake.
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4/ 5 stars

Gotta be honest, this wasn't the kind of book that captivated me since the very beginning but once I got to know the characters a little better, it totally pulled me in.

Bully romances are those kind of books that either do it for me completely or not at all. And Tracy totally managed to make me fall in love with Jake Thorn. From the very beginning you could see that there was so much this guy was hiding of himself, the person he showed the world was a total different person
Kimberly Garner
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a good book, It didn't have twist and turn, the turmoil was all on the characters, Its where the hate, the bullying, the lust, and love all come from. Character conflict. It was great to see, and it was also kind of a weird reason for the bullying, but I get it man. Overall I liked the characters and the story, I gather it's going to be a series and I sure hope so because I need me some answers with Mason.LOL
Deekay
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~Few months ago~

Me: *stressed out because of bully romances & decided to stop reading any of it*

~Now~

Me: “this synopsis sound so good, I don’t care if it’s a bully romance, I’ll read it”

– after finishing the book –

Me: “I’m so done with a bully romance story, that’s it I quit”
——————————————————–——————
Honestly, I don’t know why I still read a bully romance story even after knowing how much it will stress me out.

Thorn is just like any other bully romances, where the guy hates the girl and
The Lusty Literarians
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm just going to come right out with it, Tracy Lorraine is my favorite author of 2019. This is the 5th book I've read from her and I love how diverse she is in her writing! The previous books I have read from her are the ones in the Forbidden Series and that is a far departure from this book, Thorn. In the Forbidden Series she tackles taboo/forbidden relationships. With Thorn, Lorraine delves into the world of bully romance and by doing so we all win!

Thorn sucked me in immediately and I
Pretty_Book_Whore  Narissa
Reading high school bully romances never gets old for me. Same troubled jocks with only one girl to change them. Amalie's life is turned upside down when her parents die and she moves to America to live with her grandmother. She just wants to get through high school with her head down and unnoticed. But captain of the football team Jake Thorn takes one look at her and decides to make her life at Rosewood high miserable.
Jake doesnt like how Amalie reminds him of someone from his past that hurt
Julie
This novel had me enthralled. The characters were complexed, charismatic and sexy, and the storyline was rout with hate, bullying, lust and uncontrollable obsession.
The story is a little dark, I felt the pain caused needed to be felt back by Jake, even despised himself for the harm he had caused Amalie, a little confusing for him.

Overall I loved this extremely emotive bully to romance story and as this was the first, I’m looking forward to continuing with this series. The writing was excellent,
Melissa Gloria -  Meli’s Books and Coffee
This book is deliciously addicting and I cannot wait to read the next books in this series. This bully romance hooked me with all of its angst and drama that I couldn't put down. Amelia's world is turned upside down and has to move from London all the way to America. Her goal is to lay low and finish high school, but one particular person is making her life in the states very hard. Jake Thorn is the popular football player who was on top of everything, but he was living a lie. When Jake crosses ...more
Becca Steele
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bully/enemies to lovers are my favourite reads, so when Tracy Lorraine kindly offered the chance to read an ARC of this book, I jumped at the chance.

Jake Thorn hates Amalie, the new girl, on sight, but why?

The story had me hooked. At first I was infuriated with Jake's behaviour at times, but when it became clear why he was behaving as he was, though, I felt sad for him, and I was dying for him to find happiness. The chemistry between him and Amalie was fire!

Overall, a great HS bully romance,
Sydney Springer
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Tracy had done it again!! I was looking forward to this book since she announced it, and it did not disappoint!!! I was hooked right away. Thorn is a jerk with some major issues and Amalie is dealing with having her life flipped upside down! These two are drawn to each other and make each other a better version of themselves. I can't wait to see what she does with the rest of this series! I highly recommend this book to anyone!

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily
Fay (Funkybooklover78) Moore
Jake and Amalie

Wow I loved this ...
Amalie has to move in with her gran ,
After her parents die, Amalie has to pack up her life in England and move into her gran’s house in America ...and finish her last year in the local high school..
Where she meets jake thorn ...
He’s an instant ass to her ..

He blames her for coming into his life and making him feel...
He hasn’t felt anything in years, and he doesn’t like it one bit,
But he can’t shut off his attraction to her ...

I loved this book ...
-  Michelle Claypot_Reads
This was my first Tracy Lorraine book and I really enjoyed it. Jake is definitely the anti hero you expect in a bully romance but I have to say that Amalie was a pleasant surprise. She is packed with strength and attitude and I loved her. Looking forward to book 2 in the series.

I received an arc of this book.
Shonna
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I absolutely loved this book!

Amelie has moved to America to live with her gran after losing her parents Amelie has to start a new life in a new school whilst grieving her family then she crosses paths with jake thorn the king of the school and captain of the football team he takes an instant disliking to Amelie he hates everything about her yet he feels this pull towards her that he can’t explain and neither can she

I loved the connection between these two characters and the way Amelie can see
Christina Szczepan-santos
While I loved this book I had a few issues with it. I will get to that.
This is a bully romance and damn if Thorn isn't a jerk, swoooooon. I love the push pull. I couldn't stop turning the pages.
Ok here's my issue. The FMC was British and everything for her was written well. The MC was American and so were his friends but I found they used words that American's definitely do not use. I know it's not really a big deal but it irritates me.
Other than that, great read.
Laura87
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jake is the guy you love to hate and Amelie is the thorn in his side that he thought he would be to her, one that he is struggling to get out but the question is, does he really want to?
The characters within this story are raw, emotional, interesting and heartwarming within a story that is full of drama, angst and suspense.
Looking forward to reading more about these characters and to see what’s to come next for the group.
Rosie's Bookshelf
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of this book to read and I’m so grateful that I did.

I read a lot of Bully/Enemies to Lovers romances but this one really held my attention. I loved Jake Thorn, while he was an asshole to Amalie to start with he totally redeemed himself and I loved that we say a vulnerability to him right from the start, a reason for assholiness. Amalie is a strong kick ass girl who, while dealing with a tragedy didn’t become tragic, she held her ground with Jake.

If you love the Bully/Enemies
Kandace Denys
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ooohhh!
I NEED Jake to get his life together.
Even his closest friends are telling him that he’s acting out, which is a refreshing change of pace from most bully romances, where everyone follows blindly. There is way less of that in this one, although we do have to contend with a vapid “Queen Bee” that feels like she owns the hero.
And Amalie. Although I would have liked her to be a tad bit stronger, I can also see the resemblance in how she behaved with how a teenage girl would have behaved, if
Reyne Clark
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a quintessential Bullymance, with an Alphahole, Jake, as the Male lead and a sweet, yet strong, Amalie, as the Female lead. Jake is definitely my new favorite redeemable book boyfriend and I loved watching him evolve as the book progresses. I thoroughly enjoyed this read with it's healthy dose of angst and just enough drama to feed this entertaining storyline. Tracy Lorraine is a new to me author, but I will absolutely be bingeing on her other works very soon! The next book in this ...more
Nicki
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
Alpha Asshole. Angst and Feels. Chemistry. Amazing side characters.

“𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙢𝙚.”

THORN was my first book by Tracy Lorraine and it will not be my last! This is a bully book with a seriously emotionally damaged guy who does some really awful things to the new girl in school, who has already lost almost everything.

Amalie - After both of her parents die, she moves from London to the US and begins living with her grandma. When she starts at Rosewood High, the King of the
Helen Leecy
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was certainly a different book for Tracy Lorraine. I was a little trepidatious going into it as I’m not really into reading about high school kids having sex, but this book is so much more than that. Plus their ages helped a lot, as they are all eighteen years old, so technically adults even though still at school. I ummed and ahhed before accepting the ARC for this one, I have read all of Tracy Lorraine’s books and didn’t want to miss out, but I was really unsure on whether I would enjoy ...more
Ga Books LoverX
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well first things first, if you like Bully Romances, Thorn is one that you DEFINITELY should check out. This entire genre is one of my new favorite things, I have always enjoyed enemies to lovers and this takes it to a whole 'nother level. There were things I loved about this and some things that I probably could have done with out, but in general it was a great read!

Jake Thorn is the King of Rosewood High and puts on a show for pretty much the whole school except his two best friends. They
thehotmesslibrary
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow, this was a fast paced read for me and a really good bully romance. You think Jake Thorn has the perfect life, the money, the fame of being the football Captain and girls begging for his attention, well you would think wrong and it only takes one look at the somewhat broken Amelie to bring this bad boy to his knees.

Amelie is trying to get over the death of her parents and her big move from the UK to the USA. She has to start a new school and basically wants to stay under the radar which isn’
Danelle Hosmann
Nov 21, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Please avoid this one. I was so angry and disappointed with this book. I went into this book with hesitation due to “high school” title. Really? High school is the setting for a NC-17 romance story? I am in not prudish by any means but this was so over the top the author leaves no room to allow forgiveness or likability. But I promised to review. This book included so much bullying and verbal abuse I was sick disgusted within the first chapters. I cannot believe with today’s climate of “me too”, ...more
Halle Reads
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-reads
4/5 Stars ARC REVIEW

IMG-20191121-174832-428

Thorn is book 1 in the Rosewood High Series and is Jake and Amalie's story. It is an enemies to lovers, high school bully new adult romance with mature content

I really enjoyed this story, it was captivating, fast paced, well written and I found myself not wanting to put it down. It was full of angst and a few heart wrenching, raw and real moments as well as some sweet ones

Jake - I'll start off by saying Jake began as a unlikable character (purposely of course). He was the
Danelle Williams Hosmann
« previous 1 3 next »

• In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Break You (Boys of Trinity Hall, #1)
  • Havoc at Prescott High (The Havoc Boys, #1)
  • Rush: The Beginning (Black Hearts Still Beat, #1)
  • The Kiss Game
  • Do You Dare? (Truth And Dare Duet, #1)
  • The Best Mistakes (The Amherst Sinners #3)
  • The Best Moments (The Amherst Sinners #2)
  • Cold Queen
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • The Best Years (The Amherst Sinners #1)
  • Love Drunk (Love Me Duet #1)
  • UNTouched (Bay Falls High, #1)
  • Underneath the Sycamore Tree
  • Flawed (Imperfectly Perfect, #1)
  • Stay With Me (Stay With Me, #1)
  • Even When I'm Gone (Stay With Me, #2)
  • The Truth About Alice (Evil Lies, #2)
Tracy Lorraine is a M/F and M/M contemporary romance author. Tracy has just turned thirty and lives in a cute Cotswold village in England with her husband, baby girl and lovable but slightly crazy dog. Having always been a bookaholic with her head stuck in her Kindle Tracy decided to try her hand at a story idea she dreamt up and hasn’t looked back since.