Start by marking “Sister of Embers & Echoes (Rogue Ethereal, #4)” as Want to Read:
Sister of Embers & Echoes (Rogue Ethereal, #4)

Sister of Embers & Echoes

(Rogue Ethereal #4)

Demons, murder, and a trip straight to Hell...

I thought I’d get a little time off before the veritable poop hit the fan, but fate — or rather the Fates — have other ideas. The witch who tried to have my sister possessed has escaped, and not only do I find him dead, but I don’t have a clue who he was working with. Or working for…

Now I have a Council Member in human jail, a
Kindle Edition
Published January 17th 2020 by Annie Anderson

To ask other readers questions about Sister of Embers & Echoes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sister of Embers & Echoes

Start your review of Sister of Embers & Echoes (Rogue Ethereal, #4)
Kaye
ONE ENTHRALLING ROLLERCOASTER!!!
Hell's knocking! Annie lowers the boom with this jaw dropping, mind-blowing, nailbiting, chart topping, block busting bombshell, throwing this baby into the eye of the storm, blowing it into a tailspin with astonishing results. You are not going to believe how this installment plays out. Ramping up every emotion, racing through you unchecked melding this baby together seamlessly. A multitude of inadvertent events and daunting circumstances catapults this little fe
Lisa
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent entry in a strong series

Yet another strong book in a consistently strong series with the strongest and baddest of...women as its lead character.
I signed up for Annie Anderson's ARC review squad. I rarely do such things but this is a special series. Our mc, Max, is one of the strongest female leads I've ever seen. She's right up there with Dante DeCesar, and that's really saying something.
Max continues to learn more about her origins. Some of it is shocking. She must overcome d
Barb Shuler
Sisters. Witches. Shifters. Demons. Death.

This book is full of craziness in the way of demons, witches and a helluva lot of Max being pushed to her limits. Just when you think the road is going to end... Max finds another way around the problem. She’s more determined than ever to find out why things are the way they are.

Darkness and the unknown paired together lead her down a path that could end her life - quickly. But Max being Max, she comes out on top. She may not be all together and in one
Alina
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you have read any of the previous installments in the Rogue Ethereal series, you know what to expect; drama, secrets, bad-ass women, demons, other supernatural creatures and figuring out how to get oneself out of trouble. 'Sisters of Embers and Echoes' carries on the torch and manages to raise the bar even higher while keeping the same feels from the previous installments. Helping yourself is already a pain in the butt, Helping a friend will send you to hell - literally. Great book. Very ente ...more
Mandie
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another fun read in this epic series. I seriously just love Max and all her wild adventures!!
Christine Green
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Max is back with hunky Alistair by her side in a race to save her sister Maria. Along with her gang of Scooby’s Max is off on another adventure full of snark and mayhem. I love the writing in this series, it is fast paced and entertaining and the characters grow in depth with each new story. The twist at the end sent my head spinning with soooo many questions and a wish for magic of my own to produce the next book in my hands NOW! If you are looking for a great read, this is it!

I received a free
Teressa Mirault
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I recieved an ARC of this book for free in exchange for an honest review.
Now, one thing I like to do when reading a book from an author I haven't read before is to pick a book from a series, not the first one, and see if I can get into the story without having read the first ones. I've found all my favorite authors this way (Bertrice Small, Laurel Hamilton, etc.)and have now found another!
This book is so well written, you get drawn into it and just when you think you know what is going to happe
Jo
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Max is the coolest chick EVER!!!!

So here we are, trying to figure out what happened with Maria and what Max can do to fix it. As always, fixing it isn't exactly what happens.

All the stuff happens, there's the bad guy that we really didn't see coming, everybody tells Max not to kill anyone and Max just does what she wants cause she's the baddest chick around!!!!

Two of my utter most favorite Max moments....

"Yes, I was in a dress and heals and a strapless motherfucking bra. No, I was not going to
K.A. Graham
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sisters of Embers and Echoes (Rogue Ethereal Series #4)
by Annie Anderson

***5 stars***

Max is at it again! Murder, mayhem, and a few twisty turns we've come to expect from our feisty rogue and her gang of misfits.

She's on a mission to save her sister, Maria, and let no human or demon get in her way. Max sometimes feels she has no one in her corner, and tries to push people away, but she has the coolest and most elite backup around.

We also get a look into Alistair's family, and let me tell you wh
Janice perry
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Max is an amazing character. I always look forward to her adventures. Can't wait for the next one. This series is so well written and exciting. It also doesn't hurt that there are tons of hunky men, lol.
Jewlsbookblog
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book four hits the ground running and doesn’t look back! I loved the steamy developments between Max and Alistair-finally!-along with their crazy jaunt into the depths of Hades to try to save Max’s sister. The Fates, Max’s family, and close friends also had starring roles, providing levity and reason when needed most. And sometimes, it’s really needed.... And I can’t tell you how many times Max’s sarcasm had me grinning like a loon when she was facing off with powerful beings!

Max is fast becomi
Beverly Laude
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Annie Anderson is one of my favorite authors and I know that whatever she writes, I am going to love it!

This book is no exception. We find Max trying to get her sister, Maria, to wake up after a Demon tried to steal her body. Add in the hunky Alistair, a man who seems just right for Max....or is he?

There is plenty of action (of course), snarky comments (oh yeah!), a little love and loads of great world building and character development. Max has suffered so much through her long life and deserve
Alexandra
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the fourth book in The Rogue Ethereal Series. It picks up where book three left off. The journey that Max goes on is full of danger, isn't always though.

Annie has created a world that is full of magic, mystery, and intrigue. I'm excited for book five, but the ending of this one. I died, it was a wonderful journey that was full of all the emotions. Love, heartbreak, and grief. Annie's series has given me some new female leads who have captured a piece of my heart. This was an amazing book
Izzybear
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this new addition to Max’s story. She’s definitely one of my favorite characters. It was thrilling to go on this new adventure with her. There were many twists and discoveries made on her journey to save her sister. I really liked getting to know her new companion more too. I can’t wait to find out what the the next book has in store for them.
Sharon  Wingo
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Max! This book was filled with action, suspense, Magic. Max’s sister Maria has been kidnapped by a super demon so Max tries to find out who and where this demon might be hiding Maria. As usual, with Max, things tend to not go so well. Goddesses, witches, dragons, phoenixes, all sort of ethereal being are involved. And the twists and turns, didn’t see the ones at the end coming for sure!! Definitely recommend this book, took me about 8 hours,with a dinner break, to read this because I coul ...more
Mary Brannian
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sisters of Embers & Echoes...

"I didn’t trust anything when it came to this case. Nothing was as it seemed, and I wouldn’t put anything past the former witch." - Maxima

Her sister Maria still under a spell? A curse? In a coma? Maxima is desperate to find the cure, and bring her sister back from whatever ethereal plane Maria was lost on. Every spell that Max had attempted had little or no apparent effect. Needing answers, and with a sense of time running short, Max decides she should interrogate El
Elsie
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book kept me on my toes all the time!

I was sitting on the end of my seat all the time while reading. I loved this one, Max doesn't disappoint and I'm happy about what happened with Allistair.

March can't get here fast enough for the next one.
Brit Andrews
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
“I’ve got a location. Who wants to do a little grave robbing?”

Max is back again and it’s been a week since all the craziness of her last adventure...

Max has a new job and because this is her life all of hell must break loose right before she gets to work. She’s got a sister in need of care, a villain to question, traitors to find and well a whole lot of mess to deal with. All of which she of course does in her very own Max-style all explosive and snarky.

Max’s first day as Sentiel is like:

“That
Jennifer Soppe
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another dip in shark infested waters

Max, the witch with a knack for finding trouble, gets sent for another dip in shark infested waters without a cage. As the story progresses another impossible task is issued, a new facet to her life is added, and the outcome received is never the outcome she wishes for. Annie Anderson sure knows how to make readers wring their hands as they wait for the other shoe to drop.

I received a free copy of the book from the author via Booksprout. I had the opportunity
Samantha   Vickery
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Action packed
Intense
Romantic
Thrilling
Colorful
Suspenseful

Another great book in the series. So many fantastic twists and turns. Love these characters. Writing is fabulous. Max and Alistair keep you on your toes all throughout.
Monica
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can’t get enough!!

I simply adore these characters!! Each book shows us nuggets of Max’s unique brand of magic as Anderson brings in more layers to this epic story. Bring me more Maxima!! Please and thank you.
Lori
Shelves: arc
This story just keeps getting better. There is always a mystery to be solved, a who done it, and why did they do it. Throw in a damsel in distress and Hell, there is a great story. The focus on this story in my opinion is family. We get to learn a lot about Max's family. There are certainly lots of revelations there. Her love life definitely takes a turn, and the circumstances can only be described as magical.

The ending was definitely a tear jerker, however the cliffhanger left me anxious for mo
Suzanne Giorgione
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's always an adventure with Max in each book and this one did not disappoint. So much is here from magic, chaos, murder, mayhem, to love, friendship, laughter and even a little heat thrown in. Fantastic characters. Annie has created this fabulous world for us to enjoy. I loved it from beginning to end and cannot wait until the next installment!
Erin
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Anderson is a force! The latest installment of the Rogue Ethereal Series is full of shocking revelations and unexpected twists! I spent the majority of my reading experience one of three ways: with my mouth hanging open, with a big smile on my face, or commenting aloud...to myself. I must have been a sight. I just couldn’t help but be completely immersed in this story. The action, the adventure, the excitement, it was gripping! I’m so thankful that there are a couple books left in the series, I’ ...more
Shirley Cuypers
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-beta, ebooks, 2020
Original review

This book was provided by the author through Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Annie Anderson and Xpresso Book Tours!

Sister of Embers & Echoes
is the fourth book in the Rogue Ethereal series and continues the story of Max and her friends.

It’s been awhile since I read the third book in the series, so I couldn’t remember every detail but once I was in the story, I couldn’t put the book down. I loved the previous books in the series so it was no surpris
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 Cranky Stars

This book as Max would say is aces. We come back to see Max fighting a losing battle, her tentative relationship with Alistair and finding out who she truly is. We all know Max is a kick butt hybrid, but she is so much more and when Max loves she loves with her whole soul heck she’s even willing to traverse Hell for you. I’d like to think I would do the same. I mean love makes you do crazy things, right?

Maxima is waiting for her sister to wake up when she is summoned to Aether be
Kathy Wideman
This is the fourth book in the series and they need to be read in order. Max’s sister is still asleep and she needs to find a way to wake her up. The Fates and some others have a different plan for Max as usual. Max may have to take a literal trip to Hell to save her sister. Someone very old and dangerous is behind everything. Max needs to figure out who and stop him. Max has the best back up to help her. No matter how hard she tries pushing them away they are there for her. Someone new has join ...more
Mandy Williams
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love the world created by Annie Andersen. Sister of Embers & Echoes is book 4 in this series which follows Max, a former rogue witch turned sentinel. Book 4 starts with Max coping badly with the aftermath of book 3's mind blowing ending. Maria is "asleep," Elias is imprisoned and the magic community is sorting out the mess. The story starts in chaos and gets more intense within the first chapter. Annie keeps the story flowing at a pace that keeps me engaged and not wanting to put my kindle dow ...more
Gabrielle Hashimoto
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Rogue Ethereal series just keeps getting better with each new book and Anderson definitely doesn’t disappoint here. Between trying to save Maria, her job as Sentinel, and the Fates, Max and her loyal crew have their hands full. Max is a fantastic character and the author has done a great job of her development over the course of the series. Strong willed, loyal to a fault, full of sarcasm and wit, Max is far from perfect but somehow that only makes you want to cheer for her more. Fast paced, ...more
Carlene
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The series of epic turns and plot twists continues! Also hello romance FINALLY! I loved this book from start to ending and i'm already anxious for the release of the next installment.

So MANY secrets start unravel and Max is thrown into more near death experiences. We meet some new characters that stir up some intrigue and take a leap into some new settings. Ends on a cliff hanger of course BUT I am so ready for whats next even though I know it wont be what i'm expecting.

Highly recommend this se

• The Wives
  • Conviction
  • Pirate Throne (Telepathic Space Pirates #3)
  • Humbugged (Happy Cat, #4)
  • House of Scarlett (Legend Trilogy, #2)
  • The Fight for Forever (Legend Trilogy #3)
  • Black Friday
  • Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)
  • Mixed Signals (Off the Grid, #3)
  • Signal Boost (Off the Grid, #2)
  • The A.I. Who Loved Me
  • Radio Silence (Off the Grid, #1)
  • The Iron Fin (Elemental Steampunk Chronicles, #3)
  • Savage Hunger (Savage Trilogy, #1)
  • In Pursuit of Dragons (Elemental Steampunk Tales, #2)
  • A Trace of Copper (Elemental Steampunk Tales, #1)
  • How to Rattle an Undead Couple (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #9)
  • Caliban's War (The Expanse, #2)
Annie Anderson is the author of the international bestselling Rogue Ethereal series. A United States Air Force veteran, Annie pens fast-paced Urban Fantasy novels filled with strong, snarky heroines and a boatload of magic. When she takes a break from writing, she can be found binge-watching The Magicians, flirting with her husband, wrangling children, or bribing her cantankerous dogs to go on a w ...more

Rogue Ethereal (6 books)
  • Woman of Blood & Bone (Rogue Ethereal #1)
  • Daughter of Souls & Silence (Rogue Ethereal #2)
  • Lady of Madness & Moonlight (Rogue Ethereal #3)
  • Priestess of Storms & Stone (Rogue Ethereal, #5)
  • Queen of Fate & Fire (Rogue Ethereal Book 6)