Start by marking “Pining & Loving” as Want to Read:
Pining & Loving

Pining & Loving

Pining and loving. Which one carries the highest cost? And what price is worth paying?

The quiet, tough Aya Lawson has been forced to leave her career as a professional boxer behind and now scrambles for a purpose.

Gwen Davies is a chatty barista, and artist in her free time, who lives with clinical depression.

They both have battles to fight but they also have somethin
Published October 18th 2019 by Heartsome Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Pining & Loving, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pining & Loving

Start your review of Pining & Loving
Ameliah Faith
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING!
Aya was a boxer who was injured and had to give it up. She is quiet and thinks of herself as awkward and odd, unable to relate normally. This is only reinforced by her inability to find a job or a girl. However, there is a woman who interests her… Gwen is outgoing and chatty. She’s an artist, both with coffee and paper. There is a woman who has her attention though she has never really spoken to her. Aya and Gwen have one thing in common, they want the same woman….

This is an amazing st
JWG1973UK
Nov 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Aya is a Professional Boxer who had to give up her career through an injury and is looking for work. Gwen is a Barista and also an artist who lives with Clinical Depression.

For me this was just an ok read. I liked both Gwen and Aya as characters but I didn't feel there was any chemistry between them. To me it felt like they were really good friends and nothing more. The secondary characters were good (with the exception of Susannah) and the pace was about right.

The book w
Angel
Have I ever mentioned how much I adore stories that portray the good, the bad and the downright quirky qualities in the characters? Well then, I must come clean and declare my love for this story because it has ticked all the right boxes for me because I've got a whole lot of love for Aya and Gwen! This author has done an outstanding job of portraying these awesome women in all their flawed glory. I am also going to tip my hat to this author because she has touched me deeply with the way she has ...more
Cheri
There was a lot I liked about this book: the romance isn't insta-love but more of a friends-to-lovers situation, there's a lot of humor (should I say humour?), there are family issues at play for one of the characters, one character deals with clinical depression, AND one of the MCs is a non-white woman!

I'm a fan of Sterner-Radley's romances because her characters usually have fun-loving sides but are all flawed in some way. Her writing style and sense of humor make it so easy to get
Keeley
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gina L
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Story!

I enjoyed this story and the characters of Aya and Gwen. The instant chemistry between them was fun to read as they didn’t notice it themselves. Sometimes a common bond is the best pull to bring two people together. I enjoyed learning the aspects of mental illness and anxiety which was cleverly weaved in this story. It opened my eyes and I found an understanding that will stay with me. I realized with the personal aspect of mental illness with the writer that there is hope more pe
Andrew
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this

When I saw some online buzz for this romance in which one character suffers from depression and the other from severe social anxiety I had to read it, since I live with both conditions.

Gwen and Aya are sweet and relatable and even knowing where this story was almost certainly going to end up, I was rooting for them from the start. Very recommended.
Nic
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the 1st book I've read of Emma's and I did enjoy it. The descriptions of how gwen feels both mentally and physically is so accurate and to see it in a story is amazing, however I did find it a bit idealistic if only all people who suffer from mental health illnesses had the same type of people around them as gwen does. My experience of mental illness are very very different.
The characters are likeable and I was rooting for them both and would read a sequel. I recommend this book as
Caitlin Wynkoop
Sweet and relatable.

As someone who's dealt with depression all of their adult life, the depiction of depression in this book was absolutely relatable. It wasn't overdramatized or brushed away, but shown very realistically (without being dark or upsetting to the reader). And the romance was so sweet and built up very convincingly as well. I love Aya and Gwen and I loved this story.
Chelsey Walker
Sweet

Such an amazing book, working on mental health and how Gwen deals daily and how she works through her depression and how little boosts during the day help her. Reading this as a person who deals with depression daily, it is amazingly done, great job Emma!
Lyle
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding!

Emma Sterner-Radley did an amazing job of capturing the essence of both depression and social anxiety. I suffer from both though the severity between the two is reverse for me. How she wrote such two polar opposite characters that slowly mesh so well together was breathtaking to read and it came across so very believable.

The supporting characters, both good and bad, were expertly done and really added to the depth of the story.

Looking forward to seeing what else
Ash
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great story; the characters were well-written and the plot was interesting, and it tackled some really important issues. I highly recommend this book to anyone and everyone.
Faith Dismuke
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Patricia OHara
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Difficult topic

Congratulations to the author for tackling a very hard topic that is normally disbelieved. Addressing Gwens clinical depression in such a careful and thorough manner. Aya was portrayed as a bumbling young lady who turns into this strong, caring woman willingly attempting to make Gwens condition bearable through daily gifts. The main characters were great and the supporting character Charlotte brought a wonderful addition to the story. We also must not forget Meatloaf the catal
IkiMiira
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
BookAddict
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely adored this book!
The characters are great and work perfect with each other. The chemistry between them is there and wonderful. Lots of emotion.
I love the fact the Author went head first into a subject that is considered taboo and not many people want to talk about and did an amazing job portraying and showing how it is to have depression or how it is to have a relationship of any kind with that person

I would definitely recommend this book
Carolyn
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sensitive Depiction of Mental Illness

Gwen is a barista who looks forward to the appearance of her favourite customer everyday. “Mocha” is a dream and a fantasy. Then Aya , a boxer, appears in her shop and hears Mocha or Suzanne say that she’s moving to Chester. When Gwen and Aya find themselves dreaming of the same woman they set out on a trip of self discovery. Recommend Author and book.
JB Marsden
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent characters who you love and fight for and with. Brilliant depiction of the depths of clinical depression and coping with it on a daily basis. Kudos to Ms. Sterner-Radley for tackling a challenging topic with depth, awareness, and appropriateness.
Denise'S Minions
In a world of who you are. There are ways to overcome adversity and in one is love. When patience is strong you can help the ones you love with deoression and maybe an overwhelming overbearing weight of the world.
Marybeth Coscia-Weiss
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic story!
Kelda
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet romance

Glad to see this story highlight the issue of depression and a partner who provides support and care. A sweet romance.
Tiffany
Oct 27, 2019
Angela Rash
Oct 29, 2019
Jeannot Giguere
rated it did not like it
Nov 15, 2019

• Reservations of the Heart
  • Ice Cream Wars
  • Lost at Sea
  • Coming Home
  • The Lesbian Billionaires Club (TLBC, #1)
  • Living
  • The Roommate Arrangement
  • Freeing Her (Irresistibly Bound #4)
  • Anyone But Her
  • From Heel to Heart
  • Perspective
  • Hart & Stocker
  • A Lesson in Love (The Village Romance, #3)
  • The Arrangement
  • The Heat of Summer
  • Finding Her
  • Fake Fiancée
  • A Shot at Love (The Village Romance, #1)
Emma Sterner-Radley spent far too much time hopping from subject to subject at university, back in her native country of Sweden. One day, she finally emerged with a degree in Library and Information Science. She thought libraries was her thing, because she wanted to work with books, and being an author was just an impossible dream, right? Wrong. She's now a writer and a publisher. (But still a lib ...more