Start by marking “Hunting Fiends for the Ill-Equipped (The Guild Codex: Demonized, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hunting Fiends for the Ill-Equipped (The Guild Codex: Demonized, #3)

Hunting Fiends for the Ill-Equipped

(The Guild Codex: Demonized #3)

I thought I understood power.

My parents taught me that magic attracts equal danger, and everything I've seen since becoming a demon contractor confirms it. I've witnessed how power twists and corrupts--and I've tasted power no human should wield.

I thought I knew greed.

Ambition and avarice drove my family into hiding. My parents died for someone else's greed. I've never hun
Published April 3rd 2020 by Dark Owl Fantasy Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Hunting Fiends for the Ill-Equipped, please sign up.
Annette Marie It will be available in ebook and print on April 3, and in audiobook within 3 months. (The paperback can take a little longer to show up on retailer w…moreIt will be available in ebook and print on April 3, and in audiobook within 3 months. (The paperback can take a little longer to show up on retailer websites, but it'll be available within a week or so.)(less)

Start your review of Hunting Fiends for the Ill-Equipped (The Guild Codex: Demonized, #3)
Ashley
Star Rating: —> no finite number could ever possibly be adequate...

My hands are still shaking like 45 minutes after finishing this!

HOLY SH*T!

THIS BOOK. THISBOOK, you guys! IT IS THE VERY BEST GUILD CODEX BOOK TO DATE! I’M IN SHOCK! I’M IN LOVE!

NO... I’M...

I’M SCREAMING;
I’M CRYING;
MY HEART IS GOING ABSOLUTELY F*CKING BONKERS;
MY MIND IS BLOWN TO SMITHEREENS!

HOLY MOLY- the degree of intensity of the events that just went down was just off the charts!

Starting out, I didn’t know if this would even
mith
I am conditioned to scream every time I think about this book.

This was just. Everything I hoped it would be since the beginning of this series. EVERYTHING. I am like. In this very satisfied bubble, almost living my best life.

I say almost because I’m suddenly not sure how to take the fact that there’s one book left for the Demonized books? Help.

Anyway, before I continue: spoiler warning! This is book 3 in the GC Demonized series! If you haven’t read the other two, just be aware, spoilers may or
✶Rachelle✶
5 stars

OH

MY

DEMON

I was glued to my Kindle with every single chapter. My husband thought I was having a stroke on multiple occasions. This book DELIVERS. (view spoiler)

Zylas and Robin are a force to be reckoned with. Their relationship is SO MUCH FUN to read! I love their banter, and I love watching them slowly learn to really trust each other and truly become a
Mara YA Mood Reader
4 stars for all three installments in this series so far! Wonderfully paced, action packed, slooooow burn forbidden love interest, not a romance subplot but still a bit steamy, entertaining banter and very relatable MC!!

What more could I ask for in a NA Urban Fantasy?!! This is near perfection!
★Me Myshelf and I★
Does it get any better than this?

I ship Robin and Zylas so much that that ship is around the size a cruise liner.

I think my head exploded at the cuteness if these two.
This is my gif for this book

This world is so amazing its no surprise there's another spin off coming. We meet those characters for the first time here. They sound cute but.. they ain't got nothing on Robin and her demon.

They are the cute winners.

“How are muscles perfect?”
“Just ignore what Tori said.”
“But your face changed co
Dayna Wadge
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finished the second book today

Literally

Can... Not... Wait... For... This... Book!!!

OMG! Please please please can this series never end!
Took me a day to finish this book, and considering the difficult time we are in it was a needed break from reality. I absolutely love these books and love this story.

I wish I could read it all over again.
Montzalee Wittmann
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Hunting Fiends for the Ill-Equipped
Guild Codex: Demonized, Book 3
By: Annette Marie
Narrated by: Cris Dukehart
Love this series! Robin and her hot demon get closer still. She also learns more about him and her ancestor's past. She also has to make a deal that she may later regret. Lots of action, suspense, some romance, and giggles sprinkled in there too.
Great narration!
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
Originally posted at:

I really, really, really enjoyed this book! Everything is falling apart but I have faith that the author knows what she's doing. This author sure knows how to weave a story and make it stick to you like glue.

Robin is sweet but at the same time kick*ss. The relationship she maintains with Zylas is incredible and complex. I like how she blushes even when the wind blows too hard. She's adorable and Zylas has become her rock to a degree in these past few books.

Zylas is awes
Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]
FINALLY. Finally we get to see a proper vocalisation of the romance that's been brewing for the last (has it only been three?!) books. Not a consummation, which BETTER happen in the next book, but this book has a definite declaration of intent. It might be one of the slowest-burn things I've ever read, but it was SO WORTH IT.

The actual plot was decent too. This is by far my favourite of Marie's three Guild Codex series. Admittedly the third one isn't out yet, but we see the protagonists in this
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I adore this series and all of it's spin-offs, they really are fabulous and just keep getting better and better and more intense (in all ways possible!) as they go.

This newest addition really was a treat and it was so much fun seeing more of Kit! I can't wait to pick up his book as well in a few days.

It will be so sad when this series and the original is over. I will not be ready to say good bye but I am absolutely dying to see where Robin and Zylas go from here. I couldn't be happier with how e
Andrea
Oh man.
There's something about this series and these characters that just make my feelings go all squishy.

description

Along with plot progress-I was also happy we finally got a little more romance for our two main leads! Plus--side note: I'm really interested in whats going on with Ezra, and whats up with the Fae angle? (I think I'll have to go and catch up on Tori's series to find out what going on there.)

But I will say this....
We get it. Robin blushes, a lot.

description

I don't know why, but in this book I was jus
Tracy D.
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Penultimate Demonized

This book was everything that I could've asked for. If there was ever any question as to how the nature of Robin and Zylas' relationship will develope, this book is your answer. Frankly, these two lead characters are both absolutely priceless, and their evolution is really something to behold.

Another emotional rollercoaster in this read. Once again, I was hanging on every interaction between the hero and heroine. A certain thing that's revealed changes the context of these
Tracy D.
Annette delivered in SPADES.

More complete RTC.
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
10/05/2020: Reread. (Audiobook.)
08/13/2020: Reread! (Read to my son, Maddox.)
07/20/2020: Reread!
(view spoiler)
SheLove2Read
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Aaaaaaaahhhhh! Don't do this to me! I can't wait 6 months after THAT ending!

P.S.
Why, oh why, could the companion series not be this good?! Why did the author make Tori so unlikable and Robin so freaking awesome?!
Penny
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished this book, and I don’t even know where to begin so I think I’ll just go with my thoughts. The first thing that struck me is how well this author interweaves both series, The Guild Codex: Demonized and The Guild Codex: Spellbound, together to make two separate series running concurrently but still each be a separate piece of a huge puzzle; how does she do that?!? We are introduced to two new characters, and the only thing I can think is “we need another series!!” *sigh* Why and ho ...more
Ian
Guild Codex: Demonized and Spellbound crossover chronologically. They take some of the same events and look at them from different perspectives. It can occasionally be a little confusing but it mostly works.

The series (both of them) are great fun and lovers of tough, snarky female characters will get a kick out of these books.
Hilda
Never summon from the Twelfth House. For the trespass of this sacred covenant, the sons of Vh’alyir will destroy you.

Robin and Zylas are great together. Not just romantically, which finally, finally. FINALLY. We get to see. Yes there was built up from book one to now, but come on!! That was the biggest slow burn ever. And her blushing was driving me crazy until it wasn’t. Zylas is too much. And I swear his goal in life is making Robin blush so I guess it works. There was so much action and new v
Di
** I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Any quotes are taken from the advanced review copy and as such may not be accurate or present in the final published edition**

Wow... Just wow.

I've given myself a couple of days and I still can't find much coherence to review this one... It's just that good.

Robin and Zylas
Electriss ★BookishGamer★
First read of 2021!
Jewel
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jewel by: Di
Shelves: fantasy-h-to-m
Actual rating: 4.25 stars

Like the mischievous and relentless demon that he is, Zylas surpassed my expectations and got even more awesome in "Hunting Fiends for the Ill-Equipped". Considering how much I loved him in Slaying Monsters for the Feeble", that's saying A LOT. I don't even feel shame when I say that this savage demon with trust issues was the most relatable character in this book for me. His character development was an absolute joy to watch!

As for Robin, there were times that she scar
Precious ✨
The Robin Page and Zylas duo for another win.

This story begins with the overlap of Druid Vices and a Vodka, but it’s not a cop out. So much is explained in this book and it really takes you on a roller coaster. I just finished it and I’m having heart palpitations. This series has been phenomenal and I’m so excited to see how it continues (not ends because I don’t want it to.)

My thoughts are too all over the place for me to really write more, but man this was just what I needed. I'll probably ju
Kitlina
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I received an ARC of this book for an honest review*

Seriously??????????? Can I give this book a gazillion stars?? I can't begin to tell you how good this was. I have read it yesterday in one go because I couldn't bring myself to stop reading. Never mind my husband and my child, they had to fend for themselves.
The feels, OMG, the feels. So much happens in this book. We learn so much about Zylas.
If I wasn't already over the top in love with him I would be now for sure.
But I've got to tell you,
 Simply Sam ツ
Sep 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally some secrets are revealed and we start to get a clearer picture of what's going on. I know there are some spoilers in this book for the other series (which I haven't read yet), but I was okay with that. In fact, now that I'm having to wait for the final book of this arc to be released I'm going to play catch up. Zylas is still hands down my favorite part of this series, Robin is still a hindrance (she is actually starting to try a little more, but it's still kind of hard to read her scen ...more
Ane Vass

Now this was a great read! Annette Marie knows how to create kick-ass worlds and alluring dynamic between the characters. I really enjoyed this book. The writing was great, Zylas is amazing, but I still had some trouble connecting with Robin. The fact that she can be equally capable and lost, didn't really click with me. But I admit, she has improved a lot compared to the last book.

So, If you are looking for a good quality read, with an exciting fantasy world, full of action, mystery a
Kim
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I literally just read this in five hours.

That. Was. Brilliant.

I swear, Annette's novels just get better and better as she writes.

A tangled plot. Non-stop action. Touching, heartfelt scenes. Questions and answers that span not one, but two different sets of books. I can't wait for Delivering Evil for Experts. September can't come soon enough.

Update: I don't even know how many times I've read this. It just gets better every single time 😂
ȷαεlα
Sep 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, this was better than the last. Now the wait for the final begins. It’s just a month.
I enjoyed it. The slow burn...
Lola
I am really enjoying this series so far and excitedly dived into Hunting Fiends for the Ill-Equipped. Like the previous books this one takes place alongside the Guild Codex: Spellbound series. And it's best read in the recommended reading order. Even more so with this book as there are some big spoilers for Spellbound in this one as well as some events that make less sense if you haven't read Druid Vices and a Vodka. The series really start to intertwine and you only get the full picture if you ...more
Darci
Whereas I wasn’t a fan of the vampires in the second books, I wasn’t a fan of the golems in this one. Thankfully, they didn’t make as many appearances as the vampires did, so this book ranks slightly higher than the last in my eyes!

The romance really kicked up in this book, and I will be rereading *that* scene several times for sure. The big contract reveal gave us a very useful look inside Zylas’ mind— I for one felt very in the dark about his feelings about Robin, given their relationship was
Angela Cuéllar
YES. YES. YESSSSS. Everything I've been hoping for has at last begun and I am 100% here for it! I really enjoy the Spellbound series, but I'm having even more fun reading the Demonized series! The cross-over moments are also still absolutely fabulous and I would be more than happy to read more. This isn't going to be a particularly eloquent review, I also don't want to accidentally let slip any spoilers, but just know that this is my favorite one yet. Admittedly the story gets darker with some s ...more

• Crossroads and the Himalayan Crystals
  • The Land of the Undying Lord (The Infinite World, #1)
  • The Hills Have Spies (Valdemar: Family Spies #1)
  • Chosen (The Warrior Chronicles, #1)
  • How to Break an Undead Heart (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #3)
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • How to Claim an Undead Soul (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #2)
  • Darklight (Darklight #1)
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • The Earth Legend (Hidden Legends: Academy of Magical Creatures, #3)
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
  • Spellbound (Crossbreed, #8; Mageriverse #23)
  • How to Save an Undead Life (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #1)
  • An Enchantment of Ravens
  • When We Were Kings (The Wolf of Oberhame, #1)
  • Work for It (Just for Him, #4)
  • Mating the Huntress (Monsters and Mates, #1)
  • Gypsy Freak (All The Pretty Monsters, #2)
Annette Marie is the author of YA urban fantasy series Steel & Stone, its prequel trilogy Spell Weaver, romantic fantasy Red Winter, and sassy UF series The Guild Codex.

Her first love is fantasy, while fast-paced adventures and tantalizing forbidden romances are her guilty pleasures. She proudly admits she has a thing for dragons, and her editor has inquired as to whether she intends to include th

The Guild Codex: Demonized (4 books)
  • Taming Demons for Beginners (The Guild Codex: Demonized #1)
  • Slaying Monsters for the Feeble (The Guild Codex: Demonized #2)
  • Delivering Evil for Experts (The Guild Codex: Demonized, #4)