Start by marking “Unseasonable: A Novel of Sisterhood, Storms, Sunblock, and the Occasional Christmas Celebration (Collapsible, #4)” as Want to Read:

(Collapsible #4)

Ann Cooper does not panic. From her demanding job training horses to her family role of keeping tabs on her high-maintenance sister, Ann remains cool, calm, and collected. At. All. Times.

This holiday season, however, Ann's fortitude will be tested like never before. Not only is she pondering a potential shift in an important relationship, but she's also facing the prospect
Kindle Edition
Published November 20th 2019 by Harbourlight Books

To ask other readers questions about Unseasonable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unseasonable

Start your review of Unseasonable: A Novel of Sisterhood, Storms, Sunblock, and the Occasional Christmas Celebration (Collapsible, #4)
Ruth
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I am the author. Giving this book 5 stars because Ann is worth it!
Fayelle Ewuakye
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This has it all. The endearing, the hilarious, the thrilling, the sweet romance, the peace. My cheeks hurt from smiling so much.
Suzy Parish
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Still waters run deep. You think you are reading a thigh-slapping, lighthearted novella, and you are, but there is that dose of medicine, that life-giving medicine, that goes down oh so smoothly while you are laughing. I was satisfied with the book, the characters are so endearing, and then I read the last part of the book. I can't spoil it for you, but all I can say is the ending is brilliant. You think you are reading another book of a series (Collapsible, Flexible, Unbreakable), and you ...more
Rose Elliott
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perfectly seasoned!

Although it's listed as #4 in a series, Unseasonable stands on its own. This book was my first introduction to Ruth Buchanan's charming trio of sisters, and I love them already. A quick, easy read, Unseasonable is a great novella to get you in the holiday spirit and to help you remember that God is with you in all the storms of life. Thank you, Ruth, for letting me part of your launch team!
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another enjoyable read from Ruth!
Bethany
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this during a traveling day. I was traveling alone, and it had me laughing out loud in the airport terminals! Well written and well paced, this was the perfect read for a day of travel.
Barbara M. Britton
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
Ann and her whirlwind sister Rachel are back in action for the holidays--although this time they battle a hurricane. Ann accepts help from her sister as she hunkers down during hurricane Tobias. Ann is in charge of several horses during the storm, but none of them give her any trouble unlike her sister. The sister banter is funny and fresh. and I laughed at the "mole" conversation.
Buchanan adds a romantic interest for Ann and of course, their friend Lynn doesn't leave the sisters in the lurch. I
Kaley Rhea
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Even though this novel stands on its own, it definitely deserves a List Review in the style of (and with the abundance of affection for) the reviews I wrote for the other books in the Collapsible series. Because I have to review these books the way I babble about them to my best friend until she reads them.

So.

Spoiler-free list of Some Things I Love About Unseasonable:

-Ann Cooper, who should be at the top of all lists.
-Rachel Cooper, who, if placed at the top of a list, would be entirely too
CAB Kerns
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a ride through a hurricane in December! There are many "Laugh Out Loud" moments along with thrilling suspense, as the sisters battle out the storm on a Florida horse ranch. Expect relatable and vivid descriptions of the action where you feel you are right along side Ann bracing the wind! On a serious note, I truly enjoyed the way the author Ruth Buchanan portrayed a powerful message of love; How God has a plan for all of us and to trust in Him to lead the way. As Ann says in the story, ...more
Bonnie
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again, I loved this book. Read it a few chapters at a time to make it last as long as possible. Ann is so much more sensible than her scatterbrained sister Rachel, but Rachel still made me laugh with her clumsy antics, and the minor surgery on her posterior. Ann’s strength and sensibility stand out in contrast to Rachel’s madcap appearances.
I loved the detailed prep work Ann completes in preparation for the unseasonable. Reading this book let me escape humdrum, responsibilities, and cold
Karyn Smith
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed re-visiting Ann, Rachel, and Lynn in this stand-alone story. From the start, the adventure of a Florida hurricane is felt and understood as we join Ann in caring for the horses in her charge and taking some of the responsibility for her sweet, but accident-prone sister.

I enjoyed the sweet friendship-maybe-more as well as the adventure of weathering a hurricane. It’s a fun start to the Christmas season that we be reminded that storms in life are best weathered when we aren’t
Carol James
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Laughing through an Unseasonable Christmas hurricane!
Most of us are concerned about Christmas snow and ice - not a hurricane. This was a hilarious story of two sisters, who are as different as night and day, working together to ride out a Christmas hurricane. I laughed all the way through the story, and then got to the end. What a beautiful Christmas truth. “To every thing there is a season.” And in God’s timing, can anything really be Unseasonable? Thank you, Ruth Buchanan for a wonderful
Penelope Marzec
Reading about a hurricane in Florida in December was refreshing--even though the preparations on a horse farm for the hurricane were endless. It took my mind off all the preparations I need to make to get ready for Christmas. Reading about one very responsible sister spending that hurricane with her often unhelpful and accident prone sister was funny but charming at the same time. This sweet read was a delightful diversion.
Stacey
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was pleasantly surprised to find the storyline of Unseasonable focused primarily on two sisters riding out a hurricane. I enjoyed the light tone, the deep spiritual thoughts sprinkled here and there, and the unusual setting of a Flordia hurricane. Ruth did a fabulous job entertaining me the few hours this novella took to read. If you're looking for a holiday read that is a little be different from the rest - this book is for you!
Laura Hughes
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This short holiday novella is so fun in adding to the story begun in Ruth Buchanan's series Collapsible. We get to hear from Ann's point of view and get a glimpse into equestrian life and preparing for a hurricane all while enjoying the bantering of sensible Ann and her irrational sister, Rachel. Oh and there is a love interest to shake up the unflappable Ann.
Mary Brooks
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was honored to be a part of the launch team and to read this book early!!! Unseasonable was fantastic. The title doesn't lie. Perfect parts suspense and laughs. The characters are funny and relatable. I enjoyed every moment.
T
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book pulled me in from the beginning. Since it was a novella, I read it in one sitting. Rachel is herself, but we do gain a broader picture of Ann in this book. Time to go back and reread the series!
Jennifer Beatty
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read by this author and after this, I've decided to read her other books. I loved these characters and the story moved nicely without getting bogged down. I had some actual laugh-out-loud moments, which is always a plus. Off to read more!
Brandi Harper
This was such a fun read! Quick and delightful! I loved the characters and the premise. Can’t wait to read the blacklist to get to know these characters better.
Tiffany Price
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book offers a refreshing plot set in the (occasionally not so) sunny state of Florida. The characters are endearing and the storyline moves quickly, engulfing readings in the real-life problems so recognizably associated with hurricane frenzy.
Kristen Hogrefe
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ann has more on her plate than setting up her Christmas tree and getting ready for her sister’s wedding in three weeks. There’s an unseasonably late hurricane heading toward Florida, and she’s in charge of the horses on the estate she manages. To add to the drama is a colleague who’s endearingly bad at flirting and a neighboring ranch owner who leaves his horses unattended in the storm.

Buchanan continues the laugh-out-loud humor from the other books in her Collapsible series with situations so
AddyF
Dec 06, 2019
Paul L.
Dec 08, 2019
Dec 08, 2019

• How Much Is a Little Girl Worth?
  • Sugar Cookies & Street Lamps Susan M Baganz
  • waltzing matilda
  • Crazy Creek Christmas (Christmas Holiday Extravaganza)
  • The Conception of Terror: Tales Inspired by M. R. James - Volume 1
  • Purple Moon
  • All Clear (All Clear, #2)
  • Murder by the Book: A Sensational Chapter in Victorian Crime
  • Of Fire and Lions
  • Spying on the South: Travels with Frederick Law Olmsted in a Fractured Land
  • The River
  • Call to Love
  • The Girls: An All-American Town, a Predatory Doctor, and the Untold Story of the Gymnasts Who Brought Him Down
  • Three Wishes: Our True Story of Good Friends, Bad Odds, Crushing Heartbreak, and One Little Thing That Inspired a Lot of Happiness
  • Light from Distant Stars
  • Beneath the Tamarind Tree: A Story of Courage, Family, and the Lost Schoolgirls of Boko Haram
  • The Murderous History of Bible Translations: Power, Conflict, and the Quest for Meaning
  • The Golden Tresses of the Dead (Flavia de Luce, #10)
Ruth Buchanan is a Christian freelance writer who holds degrees in ministry and theology. She writes fiction, non-fiction, plays, and sacred scripts. She’s an eager reader, an enthusiastic traveler, and the world’s most reluctant runner. Ruth loves Jesus, family, church, friends, and coffee. She lives and works in South Florida.

Find her on Twitter: @RuthMBuchanan
_ _ _ _ _

Disclaimer: A read is not

Collapsible (4 books)
  • Collapsible:  A Novel of Friendship, Broken Bones, Coffee, Shenanigans, and the Occasional Murder (Collapsible, #1)
  • Flexible: A Novel of Mystery, Drama, Rehabilitation, Spiders, and the Occasional Head Wound (Collapsible, #2)
  • Unbreakable: A Novel of Relationships, Getaways, Teep Kicks, Bacon, Nuptials, and the Occasional Stabbing (Collapsible, #3)