Start by marking “The imPerfect Guy” as Want to Read:

The imPerfect Guy

I never set out to be famous. It sort of fell into my lap.
Just like Finn.

He was exactly what I needed in an assistant, and the exact opposite of everything I looked for in a guy, which made hiring him an easy decision.

It was perfect.
Then it wasn’t.

One by one, I started to fall for all of Finn’s imperfections, leaving me to question...

Was I simply looking for all the
Published November 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about The imPerfect Guy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The imPerfect Guy

Start your review of The imPerfect Guy
Jypsy
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Social Butterfly for a complimentary copy. All opinions expressed are my own, and I voluntarily reviewed this book.

By: Leddy Harper

*REVIEW* .5
The imPerfect Guy is a different sort of story. Girls, I think we all have insecurities and think we're fat and on and on. It's the typical nature of women, I suppose. This story flips the gender stereotype and places emphasis on a man's insecurities. I must admit, I find this perspective refreshing. I love a good spicy
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.5 Stars / 3 Steam Fans

Video review available in Week 47 Nov 17 – 23 weekly book reviews.

For other video book reviews check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
I was kind of split when it came to this book at times so I want to start off by listing the things I really liked about it.

I liked the writing and overall plot of the story. I thought it had a really good premise and really good potential. It's what led me to reading the book other than the fact that it's an author I enjoy. The plot of the story was girl hires male assistant that she initially thought was nothing like the usual guys she's attracted to even though they did find each other
lazybookconqueror
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by Leddy Harper and I really enjoyed it. The imPerfect guy is the story of Maddy, a social media influencer that is about to sign o a major deal to co-design a fashion collection. Maddy is in dire need of a new assistant to get her life in order so that she can focus on bigger and better projects. That’s when Finn steps in. When looking at résumés, Maddy thinks Finn is a woman, because of his last name, Kelly.

After the initial shock and clarification, the story progresses
Three Chicks
Review by Jen Skewes

It's a well known fact that I am a he fan of Leddy Harper. I have read just about all of her books and there is not one that I did not like. And the imPerfect Guy is no exception. As always she did not disappoint.

Mady is a social media influencer who is beautiful, sweet and has her own flaws and imperfections which is what also made her so lovable. She is looking for a new assistant. When she meets Finn, who based on his resume she thought was a woman, she feels
TheSassyNerdBlog
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by the author, and as the year starts to wrap up, I've been thinking about how many amazing authors I have had the pleasure of finding this year and Leddy Harper is one of them. I went into this blind and only reading the blurb. I was intrigued right away after the blurb so I was so happy to find that I loved this book...

This is part of a series but can be read as a standalone, which I am doing and having no problem understanding the story, although I loved this so much I
Avidez Literaria
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
“I believe that someone can love me,” I argued.
“Oh, yeah?” She cocked her head to the side and leaned against the doorframe. “Then how come you couldn’t accept it from me?”

Mady is a sensation on Instagram. Her career is on the rise and her sister's help is not meeting the demand. With her workload growing, she needs an assistant. And that's why she's on her way to an interview with a potential candidate. But it can be said that she will have an unexpected surprise.
Finn has an established
Laurie
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Leddy Harper's "The imPERFECT Guy" was funny and sweet, yet steamy at the same time. I liked both of the main characters, especially the female lead, Mady, and thought that they were well-developed. Despite being a brunette, Mady came across as the quintessential "dumb blonde" in Ms. Harper's previous book ("The UnEXpected Plan"), but she seemed so much smarter here. Her mannerisms were a lot more understandable once I learned more about her and her background. Aside from that, Mady was very ...more
Aliana Milano
*The im(Perfect) Guy can be read as a COMPLETE STANDALONE.*

We do however see glimpses of Mady (our leading lady) in The un(Expected) Plan.

I really enjoyed Mady and Finn's story because both the characters were just so different from anything I've ever read before. Their flaws and imperfections are pointed out from the get go but I loved them for it and it made them even more real and relatable in my eyes.

Mady Russo is a gorgeous social media influencer. She's also a little ditzy and clumsy at
Kari Hansen
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mady is happy that her business has grown more rapidly than she anticipated however the only drawback is that she needs a personal assistant. When Finn applied for the job although he was not what she was expecting he seems like a perfect fit.

Finn runs his own business, but he is no arrogant sexy billionaire. The job sounded appealing and when he meets Mady he believes that just being around her would be a great benefit of the job even though he believes there is no way she would be interested
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's Review~~~~~~~~~~

A Must Read

This book was an awesomely fun read! Leddy Harper has done it again! I was absolutely hooked! This book is a must read!
Nathalie
Nov 23, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-finished, 1-star
I like the books of this author very much and some have reread several times. This book did not click with me, I could not connect with the characters and, because of it it was a struggle to finish it.
The Book Lover
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story and its characters, it flowed really well and kept me hooked until the end.
Nov 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF at 29%

I was not able to connect with this title. I was annoyed with the heroine, and her assumptions, at the beginning of the book and while this was resolved, it never stopped bothering me and I was not able to connect with the characters or engage with the story.
Nephy
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Discovered an author that really kept me interested with her witty writing style. Yahoo
Ana Rita
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love her titles. I really do. They have so much meaning behind it.
Leddy Harper knows what she's doing. Her latest books nailed and I knew that this new one would be off charts.
I started to read it late and I wanted to slap myself for it.
Leddy Harper has a writing full of sassiness, feelings, hotness and some major topics.
She can put you into tears, oh tough, big and ugly, and fat tears... Been there, and done that. But she can also make you laugh so freaking hard.
The imPerfect Guy is her
Ronnie
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
The imPerfect Guy was such a sweet read for me, I had so much fun reading it. Mady and Finn were so damn likable, I enjoyed them both so much. Mady is an Instagram influencer who needs an assistant, enter Finn, definitely not what Mady was expected but was exactly what she needed.

Mady has a lot going for her but also has a lot of personal growth that she needs to go through to be ready for Finn and all he has to offer. She is strong and courageous, I love her big family and how protective they
Tammy's Timeout
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
The imPerfect Guy by Leddy Harper was my first read by this author and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I thought the storyline was very real and relevant to today’s world, and the characters each had very endearing qualities about them both, especially once each layer was revealed and we saw Mady and Finn as they truly are.

The imPerfect Guy is the story of Mady, a social media influencer and Finn, who Mady hires as her assistant. Mady’s business is growing and as such needs further help in running it,
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a review copy before release for an honest review.

This is part of a series but I have not read any of the other books in the series. It easily stands alone and I did not fall for the other characters. So while I really adored this book for me it was a standalone and I have no plans to read the other ones in the series.

This is the story about Mady. She is a very successful social media blogger and she has her sister as an assistant but she needs more and so she hires Finn Kelly to
Sunny Shelly Reads
Oh, how I adored these two! Together, Maddy and Finn are perfectly imperfect!

From the moment they meet — She mistakenly believed he’d be a she — to all of their quirks, insecurities and arguments, I was rooting hard for these two.

I liked that Finn is the assistant to Maddy, rather than the other way around. There’s a delicate balance between these two as he tries to help her build her brand, yet not overstep as her boyfriend or put her down as not being a strong enough businesswoman.

But
Becky Rendon
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars to the realest guy I know!

The imPERFECT Guy is absolutely adorably, awesome. Finn is real. He's your husband, your neighbor, the guy who peaks your interest at the coffee shop. He is not the latest cover model on GQ. He is not the photoshopped abs on display everywhere. He most definitely isn't the 'roided up gym rats that can't put their arms down and only stare at the mirror or reflective surfaces instead of looking you in the eyes.

But Finn comes with his own list of complications
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved Finn and Mady’s story. These two characters were both extremely relatable and felt so real and down to earth. Mady lives a life on social media, but the image people see isn’t the full picture of who she truly is as a person. Finn isn’t the typical hero, he is full of flaws and imperfections, but was sweet from the start. It is so easy to connect and relate to these characters.

The imperfections they both had is what made them truly perfect for each other. I loved their chemistry and how
Lisa
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
The imPerfect Guy by Leddy Harper is a standalone contemporary romance told in dual POV between Mady and Finn. This is a sweet strangers to boss/employee to more trope with a bit of angst, a bit of real life, and a bit of fun thrown in the mix. Well-written and moderately paced, we get a front row row seat to Finn and Mady's meet cute, his somewhat alpha tendencies and her interesting career as a social media influencer. I enjoyed the story but occasionally got frustrated with Mady's maturity ...more
Michel Reinhard (Saucy Southern Readers)
cropped-saucy.jpg
The Imperfect Guy is the first book I have read by Leddy Harper. I can honestly say I thoroughly enjoyed her writing. She created an endearing romance in today’s fast paced modern world that is ruled by social media and digital influences. She showed how beneath the public images are real human beings with real insecurities and real emotions. I loved how she illustrated that men have body image insecurities as well.
Although this book starts a bit on the slower side and has a slow build, it
Louise  O
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Imperfect Guy is a standalone boss to lover’s romance, with all the drama along the way.

Maddy is a social media influencer and her business is getting bigger and bigger; when she finds the perfect assistant on paper she is taken back when she meets face to face. Finn has been running his own successful business but needs a challenge, when he submitted his resume, he never expected to get a sit down or to be offered the job. When their attraction gets to boiling point, they cross the line
Ga Books LoverX
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book- it is a solid 4.5 outta 5 from me, it is funny and so perfectly imperfect! Leddy Harper touched on some serious underlying issues in between the folds of this funny and sweet romance and I think she did a great job of. There were a few things that seemed a bit extreme to me (hence dropping it from 5 to 4.5) and I could not rationalize the characters behaving that way. But, it did not take a way from the story or the character development!

All in all if you are looking for a perfectly
Katie
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Meeting the perfect guy seemed impossible. Little did I know. I was just waiting for the imperfect guy to come along."

The imPerfect Guy is a refreshing read filled with great humor and chemistry. Both Mady and Finn have their own insecurities that jeopardize their future and make them risk missing out on a perfectly imperfect match, but with a few tears and challenges - like every good rom-com - there's always the promise of a happy ending.

Entertaining and all-around fun read that takes
Amy Stephens
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Leddy Harper is always a delight to read!

Anytime Leddy Harper has a new release, you make time in your schedule to read it. Not only are her stories fun and heart-warming, but the characters she creates are truly some of the best you'll ever read about. Mady and Finn were so typical and so easy to connect with, I felt as though I knew them both personally. As this office-type romance progressed, I fell hard for those two, wanting them both to see what was so obvious to the reader--that they
The Book Fairy Reviews
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finn and Mady two unlikely people that should work but do. This book was a fun and refreshing read. It felt like this could be my friends getting together and falling in love. Insecurities and past hurts causing them to hide things and push the other away. The love and awkwardness they feel plays out in this book as genuine and honest. As I said this book was a refreshing and beautiful story that I am sure plays out everyday with someone in your inner circles.
Leddy Harper’s passion is seeped in
Laura ( Latteandbooks )
Shelves: arc
This is my first book by Leddy, and it was sweet and funny without reading the others in the series Id say that this can be read as a standalone.
I really liked Mady she was sweet and outgoing and to watch her confidence grow was nice. She works as a social media blogger with her sister. She needs more help at work, so she decides that she needs to hire someone else and the lucky person is Finn.
Finn was a nice and very protective of Mady. I think one of his flaws was that he had some

• Just Ten Seconds
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Blindsided
  • Knox (Chicago Blaze, #4)
  • Lip Smacker
  • Five Day Fiancé (Brewer Brothers, #3)
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • Breaker
  • Special Delivery (Always Satisfied #5)
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • Break the Rules (Loveless Brothers #3)
  • Once Upon A Holiday
  • Beauty and the Badge (Charlotte's Cove #1)
  • Weekend Fling (Crazy Love, #4)
  • Just a Bit Twisted (Straight Guys, #1)
  • Just a Bit Obsessed (Straight Guys #2)
  • Two Together (Naked Trilogy #3)
  • Nix (Daring the Kane Brothers, #4)
Leddy Harper had to use her imagination often as a child. She grew up the only girl in a house full of boys. At the age of fourteen, she decided to use that imagination and wrote her first book, and never stopped.

She often calls writing her therapy, using it as a way to deal with issues through the eyes of her characters.

She is now a mother of three girls, leaving her husband as the only man in a