Start by marking “Murder In The Multiverse” as Want to Read:
Murder In The Multiverse

Murder In The Multiverse

The Multiverse Investigations Unit - fighting crime across the Multiverse

Alex Strand is finding her way as the newest and most ginger member of the University of Berkeley Physics Faculty.

But when the murder of reclusive internet billionaire Claire Pope proves insoluble, she’s recruited to the top-secret Multiverse Investigations Unit.

Hidden in the parking lot of San
Published November 22nd 2019 by Catawampus Press

To ask other readers questions about Murder In The Multiverse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder In The Multiverse

Start your review of Murder In The Multiverse
Caitlyn Lynch
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery, scifi
When quantum physicist Alex Strand is recruited by the San Francisco P.D. to help them investigate the murder of a reclusive billionaire, the last thing she expects is to be assigned to prevent the billionaire’s murder… in a parallel universe. Fortunately, Alex already knows quantum travel isn’t just theoretical, due to her cat Schrodinger’s unnerving habit of being both alive and dead, so she’s not as paralysed by the possibility as I probably would have been. Instead, she retains enough ...more
Steph Warren
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received a free copy of this book with thanks to the author and Rachel Gilbey at Rachel’s Random Resources blog tours. The decision to review and my opinions are my own.*

Murder in the Multiverse follows physics postgrad Alex Strand as she ponders the possibility of parallel universes and Schrödinger’s quantum thought experiments, whilst visiting said universes to investigate murder and returning home to her cat, who may be dead or alive at any given time!

The murder mystery involved is a
Jessica Bronder
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
In this world we have the Multiverse Investigations Unit, a group of people that are supposed to solve murders in this universe by traveling to other universes where the deceased person is still alive. Alex Strand is the newest recruit who is asked to help with the investigation of a internet billionaire recluse, Claire Pope that has been mysteriously killed.

This story has one heck of an original plot. I liked the concept even if a lot of it went over my head. Alex was quick to figure out what
Jasmine
Nov 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Murder in the Multiverse is a strangely fascinating story that will keep readers on their toes. It's a time travel mystery that fans of sci-fi will enjoy. In one timeline/universe, an internet billionaire named Claire is murdered. Considering she was a recluse and never left her house or admitted people in, her death is quite the conundrum. However, she's still alive in another universe/timeline (and she's also made her riches via a different venture), so it's up to the MIU to try and keep this ...more
Rekha
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Quantum dynamics and mystery - seems like a mystery novel for the nerds. The nerd in me surely enjoyed every part of this story. From travel to the multiverse to sleuthing, I was hooked on to the story until the end.

Every detail is so well explained that I didn't want the story to end. Alex is not only an intelligent researcher but also a budding amateur sleuth. Mike - the guy's moustache/beard changes each time he visits the spinner. Sarita plays a mysterious role but I guess all's well that
Susan Angela Wallace
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Murder in the multiverse by R E Mcclean.
Hidden in the parking lot of San Francisco Police HQ, the unit investigates murders by sending officers to parallel universes in which the victim is still alive – for now.
Alex needs to prove
Kelly (purplebookstand)
Murder in the Multiverse

The synopsis for this sounded a little different to the kind of book I’d usually go for, in a good way! This book follows Alex Strand, a physicist who is recruited by the Multiverse Investigations Unit (who knew?!) to investigate the murder of a reclusive internet billionaire.

This was a fun read. It’s a little zany and out there and I really like that. You don’t have to be a ‘nerd’ or a ‘geek’ to enjoy this book, you just need a spare few hours because you won’t want to
Lin
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fun story. I'm not sure I got all the issues of how the Hive and other things worked clear in my mind, so it was a bit confusing in places, but it was entertaining enough not to let that worry me too much.
Alex Strand is a fun heroine, quirky enough to be interesting, independent enough to be likeable, and I'd be happy to look out for further reads in this series.
Dawn Brookes
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
All in all, a different type of cozy mystery with the introduction of quantum physics. Hard to follow at times but worth persevering. The characters are at the beginning of their development stage and I suspect there is more to come. Alex makes an interesting and different type of protagonist. A good, light read and the existence of a parallel universe adds interest. Ends on a cliffhanger.
Kamini Mehta
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very complex story with physics and everything! I enjoyed this story because it felt refreshingly different than other science fiction that I have read. The characters are quirky and the science doesn't overwhelm the story.
Heidi
I received an eCopy for review. All opinions are honest and my own.

I had high hopes for this book when I read that description. A murder mystery with a sci-fi element? Sign me up! And I’m thrilled to say I got what I wanted – and more.

What really surprised me here (in the best way) was the tone of the writing. It’s great fun! I’ve often found books with humour at the centre fall flat for me, but this was exactly what I would have asked for. Add on to that the great pop culture references, and
Maria Sinclair
Dec 07, 2019
Linus
Dec 13, 2019

• Hurry up Nurse 3: More adventures in the life of a student nurse
  • Fighting Back (Battle Ground #4)
  • The Haunting at Paradise House
  • Darkest Hour (Battle Ground #3)
  • Nothing Important Happened Today
  • Hurry Up Nurse!: Memoirs of nurse training in the 1970'
  • Hurry up Nurse 2: London Calling
  • Death's Collector (The Death-Cursed Wizard Book 1)
  • The Dead City (A Lila Stone Supernatural Crime Thriller Book 2)
  • Part-Time Monster Hunter (Kat Drummond, #1)
  • Providence Paranormal College (Books 1-5): Bearly Awake, Fangs for the Memories, Of Wolf and Peace, Dragon my Heart Around, Djinn and Bear It (Providence Paranormal College Boxed Sets Book 1)
  • Fatebound
  • The Mermaid's Lament (Shay Greene Book 1)
  • Blade Witch: A Science Fiction Holiday Novella
  • Tech Mage (Technomancer, #1)
  • The Immortals (A Lila Stone Supernatural Crime Thriller Book 1)
  • Astraeus Station (Technomancer, #2)
  • Jaffle Inc