Start by marking “Cowboy State of Mind (Tarnation, Texas Book 4)” as Want to Read:
Cowboy State of Mind (Tarnation, Texas Book 4)

Cowboy State of Mind (Tarnation, Texas Book 4)

When life is on the line you learn to live…and never miss a dance.

Dr. CC Peladora never expected to ask a stranger to father her child, but neither did she think she’d be diagnosed with a chronic disease. With a failed marriage and a busy career, love is the last thing on her priority list, but she wants more than anything to experience motherhood before it’s too late.
Kindle Edition
Published December 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Cowboy State of Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cowboy State of Mind

Start your review of Cowboy State of Mind (Tarnation, Texas Book 4)
Rhonda
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In the next book in this series, we get Adam and CC. I think this is my favorite book so far and I adore CC. She's strong and she knows what she wants. She tells Adam she'll marry him if he'll give her the baby she longs for, but she doesn't count on emotions and feelings getting in the way. A beautiful love story that will keep you turning the pages. I loved it!
Sara Keenan
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Here we are again with book #4 Cowboy State of Mind in the Tarnation, Texas series. I can’t say enough about how much I love this series. I was so excited when this book came out because you get some more pieces to the story about these brothers and their 6-month stipulations, and I can’t wait until the whole thing comes together, but then sadly the series is over. Anyway, let’s not worry about that and focus on this fantastic book!
CC has been busy with her career and she is battling her
CarolKat
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think my jaw dropped to the floor as I started reading this. CC makes no bones about what she wants from Adam and lets him know she knows the stipulations of his father's will.

Even though CC was pretty much offering the solution to everything, Adam has reservations. He wants more than just a marriage to solve the problem and he certainly wasn't sure about the whole baby thing. He doesn't want to be like his father, deserting a child to satisfy some selfish whim really isn't in his plans.

This
Ellen
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adam needs to get married ASAP in order for him and his brothers to be able to keep their inheritance. CC has a kidney disorder and wants to have a baby ASAP – before her health gets worse – but doesn’t want a husband. So, she asks him to marry her with agreement that if she’s not pregnant in a few months they will divorce or if she gets pregnant, they will divorce after the baby is born…either way they agree to divorce in the end. Unfortunately for them, things don’t always work out the way you ...more
Gladys
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found it so easy to fall in love with this book and its characters. CC really resonated with me as I think she will for a lot of readers. You can't really understand the impact something like this causes unless you get that kind of wake-up call yourself. The storyline is compelling and enjoyable. It is filled with powerful emotions, drama and a beautiful, epic romance. Just be prepared to suffer all the feels because this book totally brings them! This is my sincere review that I am posting of ...more
Mary Lawson
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cowboy State of Mind
Rhonda Carver

What a beginning! When starts with a story grabber, It starts with a story grabber! You know you have to keep reading to find out what in the world CC is up to and if Adam is going to oblige her.
The story flows and keeps a steady pace of secrets that keeps you wanting not to put it down.
Will CC and Adam be able to help the Colt brothers keep their inheritance? Misunderstandings seem to keep happening that might hinder it from following the stipulations in the
Ginny Pearson
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely my favorite!!!
Adam needs to get married and CC wants a child.
This one brought out the tears. So emotional. CC is a vet and they met when she came to check the animals. She desperately wants a child before it's too late. Adam needs to get married before he loses the ranch. He can't stop thinking about CC. Will they both get what they want? Will there be more than a marriage of convience??
Love this series. It pulls at your heartstrings.
Tianna Croy
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Two stubborn independent people make for a rough road to happily ever after. CC makes Adam a proposition that will benefit them both. But in the process some things happen that makes them question what they are both feeling. Can Adam find forgiveness in order to leave room in his heart for CC. Will CC put her walls down and finally let Adam in.

When life is on the line we learn to live

Crystal Brown
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 4th book in the series. Adam is next and must get married within 6 months or he and his brothers will lose the ranch. CC is the local vet who has her own proposal for Adam. She wants to have a baby and gives Adam a proposal that will help both of the out. Along the way a little mystery when someone burns down her office. She leaves but comes back to Adam they both actually fall in love with each other. This was my favorite of the brothers so far.
Christine Lacombe
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cowboy State of Mind is the 4th book in the Tarnation, Texas series. Adam and C.C.’s story is off the charts, super romantic!! Yes he needs to get married and yes she wants a baby. But neither one counted on feelings getting in the way and falling in love.
I never hesitate to read Rhonda’s books and this one is right up there at the top. I absolutely loved it.
One brother left to go, Brennan. Can’t wait to see what’s in store for him.
Amanda Lewis
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jan
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. Adam and CC are great. Adam has know for a while that he likes CC.He thinks he’s better off without her. CC has wanted a child but with her chronic disease she feels her time is running out. She knows about what Adams dad has done and offers him a way to help herself and to him in return. This is a good read!! love the series!
Elaine Swinney
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received copy of this book through Prolific Works and I chose to review it. I am a big fan of Rhonda Lee Carver. I know when I see her name on a book it will be a great story. This one hits the mark. This is the fourth book in this series and I loved it. It is worth your time and effort. I encourage everyone to get this one. I don't do spoilers so get thebook and see how great it is.
Shyla Wright
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully written book that enthralled me. CC is hands down my absolute favorite. Adam is exactly what she needs. Heartache and falling in, Cowboy state of mind is a perfect mixture of sassy women and rugged cowboys. I love Tarnation.
Dianne Kenes
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story Adam and CC met when she came to take care of Adams animals she was a great Vet. But she had a proposal for Adam which at first he wasn't sure he wanted to help her. Read this wonderful story if he helps her and or walks away.
Teresa
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this is another WOW book as the series continues - and the start is fantastic, it will grab you - so hold on for the wild ride CC and Adam take to their final HEA!
Tinna Willis
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. CC and Adam are just what each other needed. This who series is heart felt. I wanna visit Tarnation Texas.
Catherine Kelly
Erin Steddom
rated it it was ok
Kari Hansen
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
CC has experienced success when it comes to her career as a vet but the same can’t be said for her personal life. When her dream of becoming a mother is in jeopardy she suggests an arrangement with the one man who has as much to lose as she does.

Adam finds himself in a bit of a predicament due to his father’s will but agreeing to CC’s arrangement could either be the best thing to happen to either of them or the worst and along the way they will learn a lot about love, each other and themselves.
Rachael
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Adam and CC's story. It was entertaining and interesting from the very first page with a little bit of drama mixed in. Cowboy State of Mind is another great read in the Tarnation, Texas series. I've really enjoyed getting to know the Colt brothers and look forward to seeing what the future holds for Brennan, the last single Colt brother.

I voluntarily read and reviewed a complimentary Advance Reader Copy.
Terra Oenning
added it
Dora Essary
patsy
Dec 05, 2019

• Taming a Texas Bad Boy (Bad Boy Ranch Book 1)
  • Zeke: Heroes at Heart
  • Ride Hard (Roughstock Riders Book 1)
  • Cowgirl Miracle (The Dalton Boys, #11)
  • The Cowboy's Heart (Three Sisters Ranch, #3)
  • Keeping Christmas (Rodeo Romance #7)
  • Rules in Deceit (Blackhawk Security #3)
  • Cowboys Never Kiss Under the Mistletoe: A Johnson Brothers Novel (Chestnut Ranch Cowboy Billionaire Romance Book 2)
  • Rules in Defiance (Blackhawk Security #4)
  • Silent Night Pursuit (Roads to Danger #1)
  • Secrets & Lies: 2 Great Thrillers in 1 Book
  • Unraveling the Past (Navy SEAL Defenders #4)
  • Target in Range (Ranger Ops Book 5)
  • Mistletoe Justice (Cedar Key #3)
  • Echo (Linear Tactical #7)
  • Narrow Escape: A Romantic Suspense Novella
  • Between Christmas and Romance (Christmas Mountain Clean Romance Series, #7)
Rhonda Lee Carver is a published book writer with a collection of print and eBooks under her wing. She is also a freelance editor. Her first book was published with Wild Rose Press in 2010. She writes everything from contemporary to steamy to paranormal to suspense…you name it, she’s written it. Her specialty is writing men who love to get their hands dirty—hardworking, blue collar, heroes in ...more