Start by marking “To Weave A Highland Tapestry (A Tale from the Order of the Dragon Knights)” as Want to Read:
To Weave A Highland Tapestry (A Tale from the Order of the Dragon Knights)

To Weave A Highland Tapestry

(Order of the Dragon Knights)

Patrick MacFhearguis, hardened by battles won and lost, desires what he can never have—peace within his heart and soul. Yet, the ever-meddling Fae weave a new journey for him to conquer. A task this highlander is determined to resist.

Published December 9th 2019 by The Wild Rose Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about To Weave A Highland Tapestry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Weave A Highland Tapestry

Start your review of To Weave A Highland Tapestry (A Tale from the Order of the Dragon Knights)
N.N. Light
Gwen Hywel is a talented weaver and when she is hired by the MacFhearguis clan to create a tapestry, she’s thrilled. While on a ride around the property, she discovers more about a family curse and with a tug on a thread, everything turns black. She awakens in the past and must find her way back, somehow. But when she meets Patrick MacFhearguis, her heart is conflicted. Even though she yearns for her previous life, her heart craves to be close to him. Will she choose love and break the curse or ...more
Alison
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To Weave a Highland Tapestry
Mary Morgan

Patrick MacFhearguis is hardened by battles. Some that he has won and some that he has lost, but what he desires most is something he believes that he will never ever have and that is peace. An all consuming peace with in his heart and soul, but it seems the fae may just have other plans for him. They will weave a new destiny for him that he and only he can conquer and Patrick will be determined to resist.

Gwen Hywel has been commissioned to create a
Lori D
Prepare to be enchanted as you are taken on a journey through time that will spark your imagination and grip your heart! Mary Morgan, master storyteller pulls us into another tale of enchantment with visits from previous characters and new ones that were meant to be together.
Patrick MacFhearguis, a strong Scottish warrior (*sigh*) is tired and weary from the past. Due to the "curse" of his clan, Patrick feels he cannot marry and subject a wife to it. Yes, his brother Adam had gone to the future
Cyndi
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gracious, where to start!
More STARS! They need more stars as some books,like this one, deserve so much more!
So that being stated, i want to thank MARY MORGAN for another highland romance that's superb in detail from perspectives of the present day and past . The story of Patrick and Gwen , will have you gasping for air as Gwen plummets to the past , hold your breath as she's found in dire circumstances by Patrick and the achingly poignant story of who they are, what drives them and then
Ann L
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Again Ms Morgan has woven a wonderful romance in the Order of the Dragon Knights with this story between Patrick and Gwen and those meddling Fae, it is magical and from the first page you are captivated and I was hooked.

I received a copy and I am voluntarily leaving my own honest opinion
Debi Kezia
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first Mary Morgan book I've read and it wont be the last! When it comes to Scottish historicals it's hard to sell me on the, due to being picky. Reading about Patrick and Gwen was magical.

I was a little lost being the first time reading her book. Not a stand alone book!
Sissy's Romance Book Review
To Weave A Highland Tapestry by Mary Morgan is book 8 in the Order of the Dragon Knights Series. This is the story of Gwen Hywel and Patrick MacFhearguis. I haven't yet read the previous book so for me this was a standalone book. This book is a time travel story also which is a nice change for some of the stories I read. Gwen has won the chance to weave a tapestry for a castle that is being restored. This leads her to look around the property to get motivation for her tapestry. But the ...more
Eileen Dandashi
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are so many reasons why Mary Morgan’s work speaks to me.

Morgan's world-building is phenomenal. She has tied two exhilarating series (Order of the Dragon Knight’s and Legends of the Fenian Warriors) together letting me revisit characters that are dear to me. – Beam me there Scotty!

She combines my favorite genre into some really classy writing! Time travel, medieval historical settings, and a fantasy world of Fae. It’s entertaining, imaginative, and credible.

The characters have their flaws,
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Readers who enjoy romance blended with a the combination of history and the mystical will be utterly enchanted by this clever ‘weaving’ of a tale. In To Weave a Highland Tapestry Mary Morgan offers us a wander through the past thanks to a bit of time-travel; which works in her quite contemporary main character surprisingly well.

Gwen, whose sense of history is apparent in her study and use of ancient weaving techniques, was attracted the the task of stitching the tapestry at the MacFhearguis’
Glittergirl
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is time travel Scottish romance at it's best! Mary Morgan weaves a tale of Fae magic and healing love for the ages. Gwen Hywel travels through time to break the curse on the MacFhearguis' of Leomhann Castle.

In present day Gwen arrives at Leomhann Castle to gain research on her commission to weave a tapestry for the castle from the owners Adam & Meggie MacKay MacFhearguis. She is trained in the old art of weaving after being fostered after her parents died. As she learns the lore
Sherry
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: family and friends
Recommended to Sherry by: Mary
Do you believe in fairy tales?? How about Dragons? No?? Oh my, you have no idea what you are missing.

Gwen Hywel is excited to be hired to do a weave, for the MacFhearguis clan, yes, that's the one the Dragon Knights.
She has pulled a thread from a place that will either change her destiny and have family or be what she has always been, lonely. She is funny and quirky, and yet has painful memories of lost desires.

Patrick MacFhearguis, *sigh* is tired of the meddlesome fae, and will not succumb
Paula
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Past and present are woven together beautifully in lovely holiday story by Mary Morgan. To Weave A Highland Tapestry (A Tale from the Order of the Dragon Knights) bring a MacFhearguis to the MacKays for a curse to be changed into a blessing of love and hope. Personal internal struggles, political loyalty, family, friendship and love are blended into an amazing story.

Patrick MacFhearguis finds accidental time traveler Gwen Hywel along the way on a trip to Urquhart Castle. The struggles of
Jamie Brydone-Jack
Shelves: 2019, scottish, fantasy
A Touch of Scottish Magic and Romance

As an American of Scottish descent, I'm always drawn to fiction that takes place in Scotland. What a delight that this book added the faery and magical elements as well. The author did an excellent job of setting the mood and place. She was able to define the struggles of the main characters well so that they were believable and relatable even with the magical backdrop. I like how she had a prologue at the beginning that set the scene for how the backstory of
Yolanda
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Patrick and Gwen’s story was truly enchanting and it was such a joy to go back and visit with old friends! I absolutely loved this story. We are once again taken on a journey to the past when Gwen is hurdled through time and rescued by Patrick in the nick of time. Patrick tries to resist the pull his heart has towards Gwen because of an ancient curse and Gwen is looking for a way back to her own time, however the Fae have other plans for both of them. Mary Morgan definitely knows how to expertly ...more
Charlotte O'Shay
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Aptly titled, superbly executed story

Mary Morgan has done it again. To Weave a Highland Tapestry is the story of a modern woman Gwen & an ancient warrior, Patrick and a journey through time from Urquhart Castle to happily ever after. But it’s so much more. In this author’s expert hands the story manages to bring strands of her other series’ heroes and heroines into the fray. We journey into a magical, time travel fantasy taking moments to look in on the Dragon Knights and their ladies while
Khrista Baxter
An alternate path

I so enjoyed reading To Weave A Highland Tapestry, it's a story of hope and love great for this time of year!

Gwen Hywel is a weaver, who still practices the old way of weaving, is commissioned to weave a tapestry for the MacFhearguis family living at
Leòmhann Castle. Little does Gwen know her life is about to change in a way no one could fathom. She is sent back in time to 1209 Scotland to fulfill and ancient prophecy.

Patrick MacFherguis has hardened his heart to be a warrior
Carole Burant
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mary Morgan weaves another magical tale with Patrick and Gwen's story. When Gwen finds herself 800 years into the past, not only must she accept that she's traveled back in time, she must also try to find out WHY and it all starts with a tapestry.

Patrick is a Highland warrior who believes his family is cursed by the Fae and has hardened his heart towards ever finding love. When he meets Gwen, it's instant attraction but he fights it while trying to understand why she was sent to his time.

I so
Nicole Laverdure
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Get ready to be blown away! 5 stars plus

I love Mary Morgan’s novels. Every time, she dazzles me! ‘To Weave a Highland Tapestry’ is a real page-turner! Her carefully chosen words seemed to float on the pages. She is so talented and descriptive that she makes us dream and propel us into an imaginary world that revolves around Urquhart Castle in Scotland. Her characters are nicely blended into an imaginary web where anything can happen. It’s a little gem to discover! Get ready to really be
Petula
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gwen Hywel is a Weaver who has always had a fascination with medieval times. When she wins the contract to make a special tapestry for a castle that is being restored, it's like a dream come true.

Patrick MacFhearguis and his family have been living with a curse on them for generations. The land is barren and none of them enjoy happy lives. What starts as a short trip to collect something to help with the mid winter celebrations could change more than his life.

There is lots of adventure and
KL Cassanello
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gwen studies medieval times, and weaves beautiful tapestries. The castle owners have requested that she make a family tapestry for them, and she finds herself 800 years in the past. Patrick is a warrior. His family has had a curse for many years. When he meets Gwen, he believes that they Fae are messing with him again. What will it take for these two to stop fighting fate and embrace their destiny? This was a pretty good book, a bit out of my comfort zone and not what I generally read. I didn't ...more
Sandra Dailey
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to confess I’m a fan of Mary Morgan’s fabulous stories of Medieval Scottish Highlanders who find love with modern-day women. To Weave a Highland Tapestry fits in with the award-winning stories it followed.
Both Patrick and Gwen have history weighing them down that makes them miserable and hopeless. The only way to rise above it and discover their love and happiness is to work together. It’s a journey I loved reading.
Also, I loved the chance to visit and catch-up with my beloved Dragon
5 Kindles
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story revolves around the MacKay and Macfhearguis clans and their journeys from the past to the future and from the future to the past. Gwen Hywel is a weaver and has been hired to weave and deliver a tapestry to the Mackays for the Midwinter solstice. As she tours the grounds to gain a sense of the place for the tapestry she will weave she inadvertently takes some actions which will send her spiraling 800 years backward from 2019. How will she fulfill her promise in the future and fulfill ...more
Margolynn
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a fantastic read. Patrick and Gwen story was captivating and engaging. Falling through the veil of time to medevial Scotland Gwen finds her self battling for her life. Patrick comes up on her and saves her. She is unsure why she is here.Patrick take her with him and his McKays where they find themselves in a battle with Laken and she must adapt and decide if she wants to stay with Patrick. Can they make it work. I guess you’ll have to read the book to find out
Deb O
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome book that I really enjoyed. The story and characters grabbed me from the beginning and I couldn't stop reading. I loved the characters and watching them grow together, they were well written and went well together. I found this book amazing with great word building making me feel apart of the story and watching it unfold in front of me. A definite must read for any fan and I can't wait to read more from this author!!!

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am
Maria
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In To Weave A Highland Tapestry, we have Patrick MacFhearguis and Gewn Hywel's story which is so wonderful. And in addition, we visit with his siblings and the Dragon Knights!

A delightful story! I am so happy my friend gifted me with this story. It warmed my heart.
Barbara
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Tale from the Order of the Dragon Knights series a well written story with a very good storyline. Patrick MacFhearguis and Gwen Hywel's story of time travel and the love these two find. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Patricia
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fabulous read. Oh how I waited for Patrick's story and Mary did him justice with him falling in love with Gwen. I won't give any spoilers to the story but this is going down in my Christmas must read to be read again and again. It makes you feel so darn good inside. Thanks Mary, do knocked this one right out of the ball park. I finished the book last evening and I still have that feel good feeling inside this morning.
Liberty Ireland Historical Graffiti
Ever since I saw this cover, title and knew I had the opportunity to read TO WEAVE A HIGHLAND TAPESTRY, I was SO excited and I wasn't disappointed one iota! Mary combined medieval historical settings with time travel and the fantasy world of the Fae (very appropriate for Highlander beliefs) and she did it so well that I was completely engrossed in the story from the very beginning!

While this is the 8th book in the series, this was my first opportunity to get to know Mary and her writing and I
Brenda
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
When skilled weaver, Gwen Hywel, is commissioned to create a tapestry for the MacFhearguis clan, she embraces the assignment. While seeking out ideas, she finds herself clutching the one thread that can alter the tapestry of her life and heart.
This Time Travel Romance is filled with magic and Fae. It contains a man conflicted by past deeds and a woman with no family of her own.
Mary
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
What began as a Highland holiday novella morphed into a much broader story—one that connected the past and present-day Clan MacFhearguis. And incorporating the Dragon Knights (Clan MacKay) meant I was in for an even larger scenic tale. If you’ve read my stories, nothing is straightforward with these two clans. They dominate every scene they enter, each fighting for control. While they started out as bitter enemies, they are now allies and good friends. With this friendship, there also came loss. ...more

• Once Upon a Pirate : sixteen swashbuckling historical romances
  • Pirates, Passion and Plunder
  • Scot Under the Covers (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #2)
  • A Scot's Pledge (The MacLomain Series: End of an Era Book 1)
  • The Earl (Order of the Broken Blade, #4)
  • My Fake Rake (Union of the Rakes, #1)
  • Once Upon a Christmas Wedding
  • The Highlander's Christmas Bride (Clan Kendrick, #2)
  • Highlander Cursed: A Scottish Time Travel Romance (Highlander In Time Book 6)
  • Seduced by the Fae (The Love's Protector Series Book 2)
  • Mhàiri’s Yuletide Wish
  • A Knight's Christmas Wish
  • In Time for Christmas (Romance in the Rockies Postquel/Sequel #2.5)
  • Warrior's Secret (The Pict Wars, #2)
  • The Viking's Gift
  • Highland Covenant
  • Kiaran: A Scottish Time Travel Romance (Immortal Highlander, Clan Mag Raith, #5)
Award-winning Celtic paranormal romance author, Mary Morgan resides in Northern California, with her own knight in shining armor. However, during her travels to Scotland, England, and Ireland, she left a part of her soul in one of these countries and vows to return.

Mary's passion for books started at an early age along with an overactive imagination. Inspired by her love for history and ancient

Order of the Dragon Knights (8 books)
  • Dragon Knight's Sword (Order of the Dragon Knights, #1)
  • Dragon Knight's Medallion (Order of the Dragon Knights, #2)
  • Dragon Knight's Axe (Order of the Dragon Knights, #3)
  • Dragon Knight's Shield
  • Dragon Knight’s Ring (Order of the Dragon Knights, #5)
  • A Magical Highland Solstice