Start by marking “The Fae & The Fallen (Gifted Fae Academy #1)” as Want to Read:
The Fae & The Fallen (Gifted Fae Academy #1)

The Fae & The Fallen

(Gifted Fae Academy #1)

My first kiss nearly killed me. literally

When 80% of the population is gifted with touch magic, it's best to keep your hands to yourself, especially if you're an ungifted Serf like me.

The problem is, the most dangerous guy at Gifted Fae Academy is the one I want to touch the most.

When my entry exam leads to the revelation that I may not be as ungifted as I thought, I
Published December 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Fae & The Fallen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fae & The Fallen

Start your review of The Fae & The Fallen (Gifted Fae Academy #1)
Judi S.
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: every single person
Ok, where to begin. First let me say that this book, this woman, is the reason I'm so enamored with newer authors. Watching an author go from their very first book ever (which was already good!) to a book as engaging and exciting as this one is such a treat...such a marvel!

Academy books have become such a *thing* that you would have to wonder, what can be done that's new? Well, I'll tell you. You can take the idea of an Academy for the powerful and make it yours. And Brittni did just this. Not
DesiRae Jones
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*I received this book free for my honest review*

This is definitely worth picking up if you like academy stories, magic, or friends to enemies to .......maybe lovers? story lines. With a darkest minds vibe this quick read should be on your TBR for sure.

In a world where we think we know who the good guys are, we are led to question what makes one side good and one side "bad". Brittni casts doubts on both sides of the line and ends us without knowing where our alliances should lie.

Are the Fallen
Jazi Akins
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I greatly enjoyed this book

I went into this book with the expectation of fae being.. well Fae. Brittni's fae are unlike any fae you've ever encountered before.

the entire world she's created for Kai and Reina to evolve and grow in.. the friends they interact with, the lessons they learn about their world and about themselves. it's all powerful and unique. A look on what people do and how they act when they have power compared to others, and how we face the world when dealing with those who have
Jeanette George
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Fae & The Fallen is good on so many levels. You have an original and interesting world. You have diverse and complicated characters. You have a fast paced story line made even more fun by having the point of views of both Reina and Kaito. The writing style is engaging. Plus the ending is explosive.

I definitely recommend Gifted Fae Academy as I plan to see this one to the end.
Scarolet Ellis
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Fae & The Fallen: Gifted Fae Academy - Year One by Brittni Chenelle is a wonderful story that I have read. This is book number one in this wonderful start to a brand new series writen by a brand new author for me to read. I can not wait to read book number two in this wonderful series and I highly recommend this to all.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book
Mandie
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it
This book was just ok for me. I couldn’t really get into it. But I do love the authors writing in her other series, so this won’t deter me from reading more of her books.
Rachel Joi Maples
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
fabulously worded .. amazing characters .. just, wow!!
Rachel Eyre
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This world in this book's setting is really well built and I got sucked in very quickly. I found it difficult to get through at first when I didn't understand why one character behaved as he did but the more I read the more I got it.

It goes back and forth between a male and female character, which took a little getting used to, however, I loved the story and can't wait for book two.

I was really routing for one character in particular wondering how things could work out for them as they wanted
Shirley Cuypers
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-beta, ebooks, 2019
4.5/5*

Original review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Brittni Chenelle!

The Fae & The Fallen
is the first book in the Gifted Fae Academy series and tells the story of Reina and Kaito.

I’ve been reading a lot of books that are Fae-themed the last couple of weeks and I’m loving it! The Fae & The Fallen was an amazing Fae-themed book and I couldn’t get enough of it! I really liked the story and it was really hard to put this book down! I really
Tassi
My Rating: 4.8

So I was given the awesome opportunity to read this YA Fae Academy book, and I was pleasantly surprised by it. I wasn’t actually going to be taking on anymore ARC books at the time, just because of health and stuff…but when I saw the potential this book had, let’s just say I’m glad I read it. So now here I am to bring you my review. Yes, yes I know its another Academy book sorry about that lol…it totally wasn’t deliberate. I pinky promise haha. But anyway if you love Academy books
Cath
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is book one of the Gifted Fae Academy – Year One series and has the main characters, Kaito (Kai) and Reina (Rei), who both went to the same school and in their earlier years, were friends and Kai used to protect Reina from all the bullies at school, when they were both ungifted. Those who were ‘gifted’ are able to use ‘touch magic’ to use their power. Most of the population are gifted, the twenty percent who aren’t, are nicknamed ‘Serfs’ and some of those with powers love to make their ...more
Rachel
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall 3.5

Note: I received this book from the author and I voluntarily give this review, it is my honest opinion.

The Fae & the Fallen is book one in the Gifted Fae Academy, it was a unique story that I enjoyed delving into. The story has a big X-men feeling but with a lot more cultural diversity, which was so refreshing.

The story takes place in a world that is similar to ours but at a certain point, people started developing supernatural powers. It's common knowledge that a lot of people
Dana
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First time reading this author, but it won't be my last. I found this to be a really intriguing take on academies and superpowers and, somehow, bullies. I don't read the bully books - total turnoff - but I'm hoping this author can maybe turn it in a way that I can tolerate. Now that I have the generalities covered....

Semi-spoilery things to follow. 4+ stars

Reina, the heroine, has been through a lot in her life. Seemingly powerless in a world that seemingly rewards power above all else, she
Heather Gilbert
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded up

I gave this more than a 3 because the world building is pretty fantastic and unique. It’s dystopian, though that is not apparent for some time. Instead, the influx of information pertains to powers, and those that can use them. With an X-men vibe, it navigates around these supernatural abilities, though never really fully explains what they are, how people got them, or how the most powerful BECOME fae. It’s strange, original and a touch confusing. When it becomes clear that this is
The Mysterious Reader
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There are tons of “academy” stories out there. It’s the new “in” style of fantasy. Much of it is trash. Some of it is pretty good. A small number are excellent. Brittni Chenelle’s The Fae & The Fallen: Gifted Fae Academy - Year One is in the elite camp of the excellent. It delivers what it promise: magic (a cool magic system where abilities are triggered by touching someone or something), romance (of various tripes: childhood friends who develop into more, friend-to-bully-to much more, ...more
Jenay Sherman
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m so glad I found this author! I don’t usually care for fae or academy series, but I really liked another book by this author and the premise sounded great so I gave it a try—very glad I did!

I loved the X-Men school for the gifted feel this had. Very interesting back story with drama set up for a satisfying future payoff. The angst between Reina and Kaito was well done and had great tension. I am also a sucker for a nice supporting cast. I was constantly second guessing motives and enjoyed
Corina Marian
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Note: I got the book from the author in exchange for a honest review. No spoilers cause I don't want to ruin your experience .

Many thanks Brittni for giving me 1 more obsession to add to my list

A very entertaining book
Characters well contoured and the story keeps you engaged till the end. It has everything you need and more .

I love fantasy books and I thought nothing could get close to my all time favourite but this is on the right track .

So many surprises and twist that I think no one was
Tabytha L
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this new series. The character development in this book blew my mind. The heroine in this book seems to have no since of self preservation by always challenging those that are stronger than her. Her sense of who she is and belief in herself is amazing and makes me anticipate the next book so I can continue to watch her growth. The battle between the perceived good and evil leaves you questioning which is which. This book nlew away my expectations.
A.A. Lee
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A page-turner and refreshing read.

I just couldn’t put it down and kept reading until 2am. If you’re into academy and bully romance, this is the perfect novel. The characters are believable and the plot is intricate.

Although I admit that I got annoyed at how Reina acted happy and kind all the time, it made perfect sense later on why she was like that. Kai, on the other hand was just a jerk who had no idea how to express his feelings.

Honestly, I’m not a fan of fantasy books with heavy romance.
Shabana
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just want to say, first of all, I am in love with this book. I’ve read some of Brittni Chenelle’s other books but this is fantastic. It took me one day, and I hated to put it down. Second of all, it’s a fantastic original story, with an interesting world, and I’m not sure how the next book can compare right now.
MRS C MARSHALL
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read this book and giving my honest review.
Wow this is another new author I found and what can you say the book is awesome, full of surprises not spoiling you will have to read for yourself.
Hope you enjoy as much as I did
Amber Dene
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-kindle-read
This is by far one of the most unique academy stories I have ever read. The way Brittni has managed to capture real world issues into a piece of fantasy fiction is so thought provoking. Her story really makes you think about the way the line between good and bad is truly blurred. Don’t get me wrong the story still has a great romance in it along with some bully romance and I can’t forget the action. I truly recommend this story to anyone who likes academy novels, slow budding romance and an ...more
Ashlene singh
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book, I've read many academy books but this was different from the norm, you could see the character development with Reina and Kaito and the depth of detail just pulls you into the story and into the fantasy world. An honest rating is 4.7 out of 5 its just that good.
Samantha Smith
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story can't wait for the continuation.
Hard book to put down. Definitely worth the read.
Jennifer Dunski
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a refreshing change in pace! I love academy style books, but it's starting to get repetitive...but this story is different. It's unique, fun, thrilling and a little real!
The characters are fantastic and incredible, the storyline was amazing and grabbed my attention from the very beginning and the world building is beautiful written! I'm looking forward to reading the next book!
Bianca
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

What a great read!!!!!! I can't wait for book 2!!!! Kai definitely ticked me off, and Reina reminds me of Sailor Moon in her early days for some reason.... lol
Donna Matthewman
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a really interesting and unusual world of fae. This book is different to anything I’ve read before and is a slow burn multi level, gripping story. I can’t wait to find out what happens next.
Amanda Arkans -
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read the whole book in one day because I couldn't put it down! This is a strong start to a new magical academy series that your aren't going to want to miss!!
Ada
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
The Fae & The Fallen was a task to get into, by the end I still felt like I couldn't get a feel for this world or the characters or their lacklustre relationship.

The story starts off with a scene between the main characters when they are in middle school and frankly I found no difference in their tone or interaction with high school scenes. Both of them feel so young for an "upper YA/NA" series whatever the upper YA is supposed to be because their POVs just read too childish for my taste.
Candice Allen
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
What an exciting story. I will forwarn you that this book does have more adult language and themes so not for the young teen. What if you had powers, would you use them for good or evil? What if all you really wanted was to feel you mattered? Enter a world of serfs with no power and those with powers ranging from common, to elite to fae. Join Reina as she finally gets her dream to attend GFA and discovers she has powers after all. Unique in that she doesn't have to touch others to use her gift ...more

• Savage Fae (Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac #2)
  • Zodiac Academy: Shadow Princess (Supernatural Beasts and Bullies, #4)
  • Zodiac Academy: Ruthless Fae: An Academy Bully Romance (Supernatural Bullies and Beasts, #2)
  • Dark Fae (Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac, #1)
  • Zodiac Academy: The Awakening (Supernatural Bullies and Beasts, #1)
  • Zodiac Academy: The Reckoning (Supernatural Beasts and Bullies, #3)
  • Basic Witch (Academy of the Dark Arts #1)
  • Crown of Dragons (Bleeding Realms: Dragon Blessed #1)
  • Chased by Darkness (Four Kings Academy #1)
  • Revenge (Assassin's Academy, #2)
  • Princess Ballot (Royals of Arbon Academy, #1)
  • Demons (Darkblood Academy, #3)
  • Filthy Rich Boys (Rich Boys of Burberry Prep, #1)
  • Wicked Academy 1: The Magic Elite
  • Prophecies (Darkblood Academy #4)
  • The Coven's Secret (Hidden Legends: College of Witchcraft, #1)
  • Sacrifice (Her Soulkeepers, #1)
  • First Kill (Cain University #1)
10 FUN FACTS ABOUT BRITTNI CHENELLE

1. She lives in South Korea.
It's true. She does most of her updates in the morning or at night to account for the time difference. She also infuses most of her novels with her observations about Korean culture.

2. She's a Type 1 Diabetic.
She uses an insulin pump for survival and refers to her diabetes as "Beetie" which is what inspired her children's book "Life

Gifted Fae Academy (2 books)
  • The Brave & The Broken (Gifted Fae Academy #2)