Start by marking “Dirty Ex-mas (Dirty Darlings #1)” as Want to Read:
Dirty Ex-mas (Dirty Darlings #1)

Dirty Ex-mas

(Dirty Darlings #1)

When your best friend asks you to cover for her, the answer is yes. Even if she is a contract killer.

The plan is simple: Sneak into the party, wait for the signal, shoot the bad guy, escape.

What she failed to specify is it’s an engagement party.

My target? The groom. Who happens to be my ex.

His best man? The one who got away. Did I mention he’s a Fed?

Now if
Expected publication: December 2nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Dirty Ex-mas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dirty Ex-mas

Start your review of Dirty Ex-mas (Dirty Darlings #1)
Crissy
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
I might be in the minority here but I know that every book that I read will not be the one for me. I can only hope it is. Unfortunately, this one was not for me. The beginning of the story was interesting and I was excited to read more of it. However, the flow of the story started getting slow which in turn made it a bit boring. The characters were okay but I thought there was more chemistry between Daria and Mack than there was between Quinn and Reed. I found Quinn's character to be childish an ...more
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Cranky Stars

If you are looking for a fluffy Hallmark type Christmas book this isn’t it. While the setting is around Christmas time it’s more Die Hard mixed with Charlies Angels. FBI agents, vigilante justice and kidnappings are on the menu for Dirty Ex-Max yet It’s so much more there are crushes that no one wants to explore and one quirky heroine and a hot FBI agent who is more good cop to his partner Mack.
4 Cranky Stars

Quinn is down on her luck when she asks her dear friend for a job at her bar. She’s willing to do anything even scrub the men’s bathroom. Gross right? She also knows Daria has an alter ego alongside the sassy bar owner and she wants in. Sad thing is is that Quinn is a mess a hot klutzy mess. She can’t even walk up stairs without falling down them. She also harbors a crush on Reed the aforementioned hunky FBI agent and he has one her as well but her past brief relationship with his best friend stops him from pursuing her. You know the bro code and all that jazz. When Quinn gets word of missing girls she wants to help so when she’s placed as a decoy as someone she once knew wedding things go epically wrong in truly Quinn fashion dragging Mack, Daria and Reed with her.

I wasn’t a hundred percent sold on Quinn she almost acted immature at times. Sure, she was vivacious and a disaster, but her actions just spoke to me as almost childish. When Mack sent her out there with a weapon I was concerned. I did like Reed though, but he was so straight laced at times. You wanted to rough him up and get him dirty. Wink wink nudge nudge. This is a quick little read that will carry on with Daria’s story sometime soon.
Jaime Reynolds
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one romantic suspense story that you shouldn’t pass up. The author has a knack for writing these stories that suck you in with characters that are unforgettable. The transition in each chapter from character to character is easy to follow with this story being told from multiple view points. I kept turning pages needing to know how it turns out only to find that it is a to be continued. I cannot wait to see what happens next with the story and characters.
Sonja Tonjer
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This introduction to a new romantic suspense series leaves you hanging just when it’s getting really interesting. I think the mix of characters here has potential to make it both hilariously funny and very romantic. I’m not sure if they can make it work, being on different sides of the law, only time will tell. To say it’s realistic would be a lie, but sometimes you just want to disappear into a story and this one works for me. I’m invested and waiting for more.
Christina Naugle
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love a good romantic suspense and this book delivered. It’s filled with great characters and a story that sucked me in from the start. It was a page turner and I couldn’t stop reading. I need to know what happens next. I’m ready for book 2!
Sue
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahhh, romantic suspense. One of my all time favorite genres! Welcome to it Denise Wells! I loved this book!! I am dying for book 2.
Vickie Beams
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg!!! I need the next book now!!! I absolutely love Quinn!! She is the greatest! I want a Reed of my own! This is such a great book! I can't wait to read the next book!!
Wendy
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by this author and I loved it. All the characters are amazing and I definitely wanted more of each ones story by the end. Can't wait for the next book!
Angie Flanagan
Nov 13, 2019
Kristina Bowen
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Denise Wells and how she wraps you up in her stories. I absolutely loved this book and read it in one day, no sleeping. I was so anxious to turn the page and find out what happens next, I couldn’t put it down. As always, I love the characters, poor Quinn is clueless and I feel like I would totally get along with her. I like how there was 4 POV’s instead of one or two, it kept it interesting for sure. Cannot wait until the next book!!!!
Beth
Zoraida Luciano
Emily
C bond
Nov 09, 2019
Denise Wells has been reading since before she could talk. And to this day, escaping into a book is her go-to activity before anything else.

She’s the author of six romance novels and one YA novel to date. She likes to write about sassy women and semi-flawed alpha-esque men. Denise’s female characters always have strong friendships, potty mouths, and like to drink—a lot.

Deni